Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cherry Blossom Vulva

This is like floral candy on me. As @Poenari said, it does remind me of BBW Cherry Blossom, but BPALed so therefore far more nuanced and sophisticated. It actually kinda reminds me of parma violets sans the chalkiness - I think that might be due to the gardenia? I don't think it's a keeper for me, I like my florals a little less sweet, but it is definitely fun - sex kitten like @whipwaif says!

I potentially love all of these notes, but they are like versions of the notes that I don't care for (I want more vanilla cream, wish the honeysuckle smelled honeyed and sweet, wish the gardenia was the big, creamy, waxy, sweet variety, wish the cherry and plum blossom were the sort that had tart nuances of the actual fruit in them).  Unfortunately, none of the florals in this lean sweet on me and I like sweet florals, not soapy, sharp, perfumey varieties.  Cherry Blossom Vulva kind of melds together into one big floral perfume where I can't pick out any individual notes and it's almost scratchy smelling on my skin.  Slightly soapy.  I wish it had a lot more cream and sweetness to it.

thanks to rivetted I was able to try out a scent I would never have picked for myself. I may have said "nope" out loud before I even got the cap all the way off the imp, but it was worth braving the initial blast of florals and gardenia specifically. I'm what you'd politely call floralphobic, so I wasn't hopeful but even a light application was just so beautiful. Honestly, this is Sailor Moon in a bottle (and I think Naoko Takeuchi would approve, lol) and I'm kinda heartbroken this doesn't work for me.  This is the captivating romantic magical girl anime scent of my dreams, if it had NO gardenia in it.  The vanilla cream just knocks the shouty florals all the way down to a creamy wistful simmer, turning the whole scent experience into floating rivers of glowing pink cherry blossoms and white florals carried along by an impossible, magical breeze. This bottle just makes me think of the soft little tune that played each time Usagi opened her star locket *sigh*

And I'm so sad the gardenia made this impossible to wear for me.  Gardenias hate me. And I hate them. I agree with the reviewer above, this needed more nuance in the cherry blossom note, with a more true to life scent and more tartness from the plum blossom. If those had been there, I would have just dealt with the gardenias.

Edited by Llanval

In the Bottle: Sweet cherry blossom and cream 💕 

On the Skin: Fresh florals (not powdery) as if you're walking through a garden with all the lovely flowers in bloom. There's also sweetness wafting from the cream. This seems like a bright, happy, springtime scent. I adore it and am glad to have a bottle. ❤ 

I love me some creamy florals, and this is a lovely bouquet of cherry blossom, plum blossom and gardenia (not getting any honeysuckle, sorry), smoothed out with cream. Sweet and cheerful, like a sunny spring day.

I did not expect to love this since I usually don't like overwhelmingly floral scents, but I got an empty of this from a lovely seller and fell in love. Have since full-bottled it. It's such a sweet, creamy, delicate scent. As others have said, not powdery at all. Just a gentle delicate creamy flower. Absolutely gorgeous!

The cherry blossom here is very pretty and smooth. The gardenia melding with it insists on being a bit sharp and shrieking.

Creamy floral that isn't powdery but is a bit sharp. 

With the early cherry blossoms in Vancouver being absolutely battered by hail and torrential rain (😭), I'm wearing Cherry Blossom Vulva in a prayer that the weather stop being so jealous. Let us enjoy the ephemeral sakura please!!! 

CB Vulva is a sweet, creamy, pale-pink floral. The gardenia doesn't go sharp on my skin, thankfully. It's a fresh, airy, pretty spring scent. The kind of scent you'd wear on the first day that it's warm enough to wear a cute floral dress instead of the layers of fleece and waterproof gear you've been sporting for a little too long. It's gaining momentum in my perfume rotation lately, at least, certainly until the many bottles of Glowing Vulva I bought arrive at my doorstep 😆

Edited by Amoraexcena