Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Peppermint & Pine

Peppermint and Pine smells like fresh pine needles backed by peppermint. The peppermint in this isn't sweet (it doesn't smell like pine plus a candy cane), and it's more pine than peppermint on both me and the boy.

I tried layering this with Stekkjarstaur and loved it paired with Stekk's marshmallow-y goodness. I also tried layering it with a peppermint marshmallow scent from another perfume house, which took the peppermint up a notch.

This is nice to wear on its own, but I am really excited about the layering possibilities with this one! The bottle is a keeper for sure! :) 

I have been wanting a nice pine scent that doesn't go too powerful or ends up smelling like pine sol, and I was hoping this, with the peppermint, would be a good scent. Sniffing, I do get the pine and peppermint. On my skin, like all peppermint notes, it disappears and all I have is pine.. and it is just too much for me. Sadly this was a miss. Might be good for laying, as said above, but I amp the pine and just isn't for me. 

Definitely more pine than peppermint.  I had expected (and kinda hoped) that this would be an aggressively camphorous, ultra icy scent but it really isn't.  It's fresh, clean, and surprisingly subtle.

It's not bad but I prefer Jersey Devil, which strikes me as colder somehow.

I thought I might be blown cold by the peppermint from this one, but I think like others, I got a different impression upon trying it.

I got a thin, faint pine, along with a slight cooling in the nose that represented the peppermint. The note was airy and cold and dry, but muted.

This duet was all-around thin for both my friend and I, and didn't really resonate for either of us. I hope to hear from her how it ages and changes from when we tried it.

This one is more pine than peppermint on me. At first, it's a blast of sharp pine, not pine cleaner, but as if I held a handful of freshly cut pine needles up to my nose. The peppermint isn't sweet, but dry somehow. Dries down quickly to a softer scent, which would make it a lot more wearable for me. However, the overall blend remains more pine and I just don't think it's my kind of scent. Might try the suggestion above to layer it with Stekk and see what happens. Glad I got a decant to try, but that is all I need of this one. 

Peppermint on blast, and then it dries to a whiff of pine and peppermint. My skin just eats this up. Medium throw, low wear length.

This is much stronger in my decant than it is on my skin. I get a sharp pine in the decant with a small amount of peppermint. On my skin, I get an explosion of almost-mentholy peppermint and very woody pine before it quickly settles and fades quite a bit. This is very airy and dry smelling. It's not at all sweet, and definitely smells cold. Since my skin devours this, I probably won't wear it, but I'll find other uses for my decant because I do really enjoy the scent.

Somewhere, I thought someone had reviewed this and mentioned how it smelled something along the lines of "not the nice kind of peppermint and pine". I didn't understand that concept. I love pine, I love peppermint. I could be happy smelling either/both all day long. But I sniffed the bottle and totally understood: this is not happy peppermint, not happy pine. This is death and desolation peppermint and pine. I get a strong, vivid vision of dry white bones sticking out of the frozen mud under a snowy pine tree in mid-January. Dark, a bit foreboding, slightly creepy. Love it. Quite strong on both scents, blending perfectly.

More peppermint heavy than pine in my case. This isn't like peppermint candies at all, more like peppermint extract or the plant itself. It's not sweet just minty. The pine was faint on me but what I could smell it was very woodsy. Very low throw too.

While I find it interesting that they decided  to go with a more natural peppermint scent, it just wasn't my thing as I'm used to peppermint candies. If you prefer a more natural smelling peppermint, you might like this.

I usually avoid peppermint, but this was a frimp from a decant circle, and in any case it was much more pine than peppermint on me.  It was a cool pine scent that was curiously short-lasting on me.