Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Gen Z Feminist Cenobite

Ok.

In the bottle: WHOA CHERRY. I honestly don't get cough drops from this, just commercially recognizable cherry. 

On my skin: WHOOOOOO CHERRY. Glorious!

After 5 minutes: Cherry? Wait, this had cherry in it? LOL

After 15 minutes: This is herbal. This is the chypre taking over...I suppose. No cherry!

After 20 minutes: It is now a gorgeous blend of herbs and cherry, soft and beautiful.

Of course, YMMV.

What an interesting scent journey! I love it and am very curious to see how it ages.

Aw man—this is a super fun chypre! I love Peach Chypre and was excited to try this one—it’s ripe, slightly syrupy cherry (like a maraschino cherry) over a gorgeous chypre. With time I get a little tartness, more like a fresh, ripe cherry than a maraschino cherry.

Feminist Cenobyte opens as a pink cherry ZOT to the nose, like a pink lightning strike in a comic.

The cherry is pinkish-red, syrupy, and maraschino-like. I don't smell anything else at first.

The cherry settles down quickly on me. It's still present after drydown, but as a cherry wisp, soft and close to the skin.

Also after drydown, I get faint impressions of citrus, probably from the chypre.

On the whole, the blend stays a bit faint and hollow on me after drydown, which has sometimes meant it needs time to rest... a week to a few months, maybe. 

Syrupy maraschino cherry musk. If maraschino cherries decided they wanted to have a musk, this would be it. Good throw and wear length.

The pinkish cherry note dominates at first, and then the bergamot and moss from the chypre joins it. It's somewhat odd and herbal for some time, but then it settles into smelling exactly what Pa-Pow Hair Gloss smells like in my hair. A candied cherry and amber scent (but with a bit of moss in the background). Swoon.

If you love Pa-Pow Hair Gloss, you need this in your life, because this is like the perfume version of that.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Wet: Sweet, tart cherry musk! 

Dry: Less sweet, but still what I would call a cherry musk. A touch of something herbal backs this up, and I think is what's helping it from going too sweet.

Unfortunately, unlike @doomsday_disco, this isn't reminiscent of my beloved Pa-Pow HG on me - but it's still a nice scent!

Starts off as maraschino cherry - you know how they have that sharp tang to their sweetness? it's there. Then it softens and the chypre comes in making it a little herbally and less sharp. Eventually it turns into The Comforter bubble bar from Lush. It's an interesting fruit scent that isn't too sweet, but is nicely comforting and soft.

This goes through three pretty distinct phases.
Wet, it starts off as a SUPER strong, sweet cherry. slightly on the artificial side but not annoyingly so, enough complexity to be interesting.  

The cherry settles down after a few minutes to a recognizable, exactly-what-you'd-expect cherry smell fronting a chypre background (powdery, herbal, old-fashioned, slightly amber). This stage lasts for a good long while.
The last stage is just the chypre, which is quite elegant and lasted overnight.

This is fun and pleasant, but it doesn't have the depth that I prefer in a fruit scent.

Fruit punch with lots of cherry on first sniff. This is very heavily cherry for a while, but I think some of the chypre comes out more when it's in the drying stage. It's kind of medicinal to me once everything is dry, like a cherry cough drop and herbal tea or something. 

It's kind of a soothing scent and I enjoy this, but it's not a big love like other Lilith's this year. So I'll be hanging onto the decant, maybe aging will soften the chypre a little and makes this a bit more to my liking. 

CHERRY BOMB! My skin loves and amps chypres. I don’t think I’d actually wear this, but it’s so fun. I love cherry Chapstick, black cherry candles, cherry is a nostalgic scent for me. This makes me wanna put on lip gloss and go roller skating. This scent is juicy, bursting with fruitiness, but also has a waxy, creamy element. After it dries down, on second thought, I might wear it, since it’s now gotten subtler and creamier

Cherry sours. Yummy, but a little young.  I'm hoping it will evolve.  

...And it quickly starts too.  :smile: This is becoming creamy and hazy in texture -- much less in your face. It still smells quite pink and girly, but it's more like a skin scent now, like I've had a pink bubble batch and slathered on some cherry cream.  Oh NOSE!  It's disappearing.  😕  Cherry is a note I like, but it rarely sticks around. I'm hoping this cherry will have a come back. It's been less than 10 minutes. ...Putting more on to help it out some.  🤞  Now I smell like maraschino syrup.  :D  Not complaining.  That moss really does creep in and add a lot of character.  Creamy, pink cherry haze again, and...

Yay!  An hour later, It has stayed put. This one just needs a bit of extra slathering. Fun, girly, and surprisingly subtle after it dries down.  If it last a few more hours, I'll enjoy having this one in my collection.