Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Surprisingly clean, like a golden, gleaming, metallic cologne scent, with a creamy, honeyed sweetness from the wax.  The leather and woods are subtle, but noticeable, and sort of swirl together with that clean cologne and creamy sweetness to make this an excellent 'clean man with an edge' type of scent.  It's a department store men's cologne scent, but better, because it's not overly musky or sweetly citrusy or cheap smelling.  I kind of imagine every noble fairy tale knight smelling like this before battle.  It's wholesome and clean, and covered in gleaming metal, but also knows how to fight.  It also reminds me a little of Sara Pezzini, but I like this more, and this isn't as honeyed or sweet.  Zesty, clean, lightly sweet, but with dark elements.

I was worried that this would smell like a dozen leather fragrances that I already know, but I was pleasantly surprised by this blend.  I love wearing fragrances that smell more traditionally masculine or conjure up a male persona to me, because I like pushing all of those gender boundaries.  

Bottle sniff was leathery and wax and I thought this would wind up being very leather dominant, but on skin it blooms. I felt like it had the Golden quality of El Dorado, but with the warmth of leather added in. I almost bought a bottle of this at lunacy after skin testing, because it was so very very pretty on my skin and I love scents that have that glowing quality, but, it disappeared completely and I couldn’t detect anything on my wrist forty five minutes later. Not sure if this is me, or, if it’s one that needs to age, but I have no patience to age scents so I passed. 

Wax Cylinders is bright and creamy, like a candle in a gleaming brass holder, next to a chilly window. The term “dapper” comes to mind. The mahogany’s polish and the gold is a gorgeous, almost citrusy, cologne. The beeswax elevates it more and brings a lovely warmth. 

I bought a half bottle primarily for the leather + beeswax, knowing mahogany rarely has much of an appearance for me and loving leather. I get very little leather though, which is disappointing for my expectations, yet the experience is quite lovely! I feel like I’ll wear this scent when I want to feel polished myself. It does seem to fade quickly. Hope age will increase the wear time... 

Softly golden, half-melted candle wax and polished mahogany, with a hint of leather. 

This smelled like the golden glow of flickering cream-colored candles in a wood-paneled study. Classy and soothing. 

This might not be a bottle for me, though, because it didn't last long on my skin.

Soft leather, polished mahogany and a drop of beeswax. It's a refined gentleman's leather blend. Well kept, shiny, leather. Medium throw and wear length.