Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bwknight

Recommendations for a single man

I watched the Nobodies Wrestling and they promoted their scent. I got it and it smells too feminine and too much strawberry for me. I gave it to a relative.

I reached out on twitter and BPAL suggested I try Imp Pack: Men’s Perfume Oil sample. There are 6 there. I figure I should get 4 more to make it an even 10.

I don't have a note in particular. But I want to smell like what you think Blair Underwood on L.A. Law would smell like.

For reference, some of my favorite colognes are Creed's Aventus, Angel Men, Gucci Pour 2, and prada infusion d'homme. If you have heard of these. 

Any ideas that you can share?

How about:

Vicomte de Valmont 

Dee

Dracul

Wilde

These are some scents that I got for my husband early on in his BPAL journey that are sort of "like traditional cologne but better." Obviously he's not single, but he did know who Blair Underwood was when I asked....

Hi and welcome!  I'm not familiar with LA Law.  But I had a couple ideas for sort of traditional manly Bpal scents along the lines of those you mentioned.

Bow & Crown of Conquest

Bram Stoker

Dee

Antony

I also really like

Djinn

Mad Hatter

Baron Samedi

Odin

I know there are more that I'm forgetting but I'm sure others will reply and there is also a longer topic around here somewhere all about manly or masculine scents if that's what you're looking for.  Good luck, come back and let us know what you liked!

I don’t watch LA Law but in addition to the above suggestions, some of the GC masculine scents are:

Golden Priapus

Satyr

Fenris Wolf

Loup Garou (The last three are kind of untamed, maybe not so lawyerly)

RPG Rogue, Bard, Fighter, Ranger, Thieves’ Rosin — most of the RPG scents, actually 

but my #1 suggestion is to head over to the random acts of kindness thread and throw your hat in the ring for VetchVesper’s dudes-only giveaway!

Wilde

Vicomte de Valmont 

The Bow and Crown of Conquest

Tombstone

Coyote

Tristan

Western Diamondback

Banded Sea Snake

Not sure if the Carnival Diabolique ones are available as samples

Satyr is one of my fave's and is super sexy, resinous.  Dee is fantastic.  Lear if you are a big fan of cedar.  Jolly Roger is a good choice for aquatic.  Old Scratch is great if you like genteel and old fashioned.  The Robotic Scarab has a cool, mint cologne feel.  El Dorado, Coyote, and White Rider are all beautiful.  Aelopile and Azathoth are nice citrus and wood combos. Ranger is my husband's favorite.  It's dark and foresty, as is Troll.  :smile:  Embalming Fluid is a clean, lemony fragrance that is a BPAL classic and is unisex.  

Pro tip -  Order 12.  The lab is lovely and frimps every six decants, plus - they give you a discount when your order in groups of six.  ;)

Edited by VetchVesper

Port Royal!

My husband was wearing some yesterday & it's very rawr :D Warm, spicy wood with a smidgen of leather

Thanks every one.

What about something that's bright and works well in the high heat and high humidity, but is still masculine?

1 hour ago, bwknight said:

Thanks every one.

What about something that's bright and works well in the high heat and high humidity, but is still masculine?

Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat, perhaps?

The Lab does not stint with samples--my first imp pack purchase came with "frimps." My first purchase of bottles was for one blend from the imp pack order, & one of the frimped blends that hadn't even been on my radar.

NamasteIncubus, & Villain seem like good fresh options. 

Coyote is fantastic, if leather & musk work for you. 

Becoming Thunder & Take The Moon  both have fresh notes, too. 

Bright makes me think of Eyes Skyward, Eyes Shut.  That was a limited edition, though, so you'd have to find that through forum sales, or other means. Forum sales are also a great way to get your hands on a lot of imps without breaking the bank.

Good luck, & enjoy your voyage of discovery!  

19 hours ago, bwknight said:

Thanks every one.

I'd still say Robotic Scarab, Jolly Roger, and possibly Embalming Fluid, but Wilde also has a nice cologne aspect that seems like it would work well in heat.  Death on a Pale Horse has some nice, bright citrus, but still has moss and wood to ground it with a touch of warmth.   White Chapel might work, but that was all flowers on me.  Oh - actually Holy Water is really an interesting one - stone and lavender I think?  Very cool feel.  Gender neutral.

23 hours ago, bwknight said:

Thanks every one.

Kumiho is a good stayer on me.  Also Cthulu for an aquatic

On 3/12/2019 at 3:49 AM, bwknight said:

For reference, some of my favorite colognes are Creed's Aventus, Angel Men, Gucci Pour 2, and prada infusion d'homme. If you have heard of these. 

Any ideas that you can share?

Scents akin to Prada Infusion D'Homme:

Oberon

Cthulhu

Olokun

Y’ha-Nthlei 

Neutral

Dirty

Ogygia

The Sea Foams Blood

Scents akin to Amen and Gucci 2:

Grog

Blood Kiss

Black Rider

Vice

Centzon Totochtin

On 3/21/2019 at 11:10 AM, bwknight said:

Thanks every one.

Lightning
Baobhan Sith
Kumiho 
Shanghai
Mad Hatter
Tweedledee
Night Gaunt

Edited by theredkilt

I'm also putting in my two cents for Fenris Wolf (suggested by the amazing Lucchesa) ... I confess that although I am not masculine I wear it as well because it's just one of the most perfect smells ever ... and for some reason when I saw "Blair Underwood on L.A. Law" I could just imagine him smelling like this ... sexy but subtle, someone who'd never break a sweat but if he did it would smell divine and cool. That's Fenris Wolf to me ...