Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
EvilKitten

Blood Countess

... Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

This one is very sweet in the bottle and on the skin. I smell lots of cherries and berries. After a little while something spicy pokes his head through...which I don't care for. If it stayed all berries and cherries I would have loved her...

imp: fruity and white florals.

on: much the same; there's an edge that seems almost gingery. As it dries, the florals move up. A lovely, evocative scent, but doesn't really suit me.

I still love to open the imp and smell it.

Vivid, busting with juice fruits - a good Fall scent. The florals are there, but holding on for dear life. A little spicy. Big and bold. This is fruit writ large.

When I wear this I smell spicy cherries. I love it! When my friends smell it on me they describe it as floral. Weird - I don't get anything floral at all. Maybe when I buy a bottle of this I will try it in the burner, but for now I only have an imp so it's all for me!!!

Blood Countess - This is a gorgeous fruit/floral. The plum and berry mixed with the smoky opium are the dominant notes, and behind them the faint, faint scent of lilac. It’s hard to believe that such a pretty scent has been created as a tribute to such a beast of a woman. But it is a lovely scent and I look forward to wearing it many more times. It’s got the perfect amount of throw – enough that I regularly catch wafts of the scent, but not enough to be offensive to those around me. The staying power seems to be really good. The berry scent is a little on the too-sweet side, but it’s still something I could see myself wearing often in the springtime.

In the bottle - Sweet highness of the plum, with the roses in the background.

Wet on me - Soft indistinct florals backed by the heavy spiciness of the opium.

Dry on me - It fades quickly to a dry memory of spices.

Overall - This doesn't work for me, but my mum likes it so ity's going into her burgeoning collection.

The plum and smoky opium entirely dominate this one me. It's got an almost bubble gum sweetness to it, but with a strong spiciness backing it up. It's simultaneously dark and youthful.

IN VIAL: quite sweet, but warm and a little spicy. Surprisingly, I quite like this! unanticipated. Smells a bit heavy though.

WET: still sweet, smells a bit like plum. ooh! opium!

DRYING: spices coming out more, the sweet is leaving. cinnamon-y? there's almost a dusty note to it. distinctly less enamored.

DRY: lilac, berries, opium. turns very curious on my skin -- there's an unpleasant undertone to it, a whiff of something vile or dirty-laundry esque underneath. really, really not for me.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS: goes absolutely disgusting on my skin, smells quite rank. absolutely must go.

In vial: not overly sweet, but very floral.

On, wet: way too floral, almost obnoxious though I smell the plum.

Dry: now the florals are settling in and it's getting sweeter, the berry smell is very obvious and it's sweet. Definitely far better now.

Bottle: I feel like I just got bitten on the nose by a rabid cranberry. For some reason it's causing me to salivate. :P

Skin: The cranberry has settled down a little, but I'm still not smelling the roses.

Dry: Okay , I'm not quite as overwhelmed now and am smelling the roses, but still only under the heavy berry smell.

I like this, and I'll keep it, but I'll wear it only in very small amounts.

In the bottle: As I sniff this, I get a lot of “almosts.” It is almost spicy, almost floral, and almost fruity. It seems light to me.

Wet: Interesting. The fruit seems to be taking the lead with a strong supporting role from the opium. I still smell flowers, but they seem to bolster the scent of the fruits rather than detracting from them.

Drying down: Though I like the scent, it is threatening to go soapy on me. It is curious how the combination reminds me, just a little, of dragon’s blood.

Dry: Like the Marquise de Merteuil that I tried yesterday, this combination of fruit and floral keeps my interest. Blood Countess is spicier, yet still sweet. Despite the soapiness I get when I stick my nose to my wrist, I heartily enjoy the complex combination wafting around me.

Later: OK this faded altogether too quickly on me. I guess I get along with some of these fruity florals. Spicy fruity floral, in this case. I liked it enough to reapply before my appointment, and to keep sniffing it when I have a free moment since.

Blood Countess-

In Bottle: Very delicious sweet berry scent. This is supposed to be savage? Not that I'm complaining! :P

Wet: Sweet sweet sweet fruit with a widdle bit of floral underneath. Plummy-berry.

Dry: This stays lovely the entire time. Pretty berry scent; very versatile.

Overall: I like a lot.

Surprisingly sweet at first! Wonderful berry scent that reminds me of something I just can't put my finger on. After the drydown a faint hint of white floral comes out, but not enough to fade the berry away. Which is wonderful! This may be going onto my bottle list... < nods >

This is one of my favorite BPALs of all time! It's a wicked berry scent; definitely dark and red and extraordinarily seductive. The berry and plum notes are on top, but there's a lovely, smoky, sexy undercurrent that makes this blend so special. (I'm guessing this is the opium note) This is way sexier than you typically would think a berry blend would be. I love this one, and I'm sure I will always have a 5 ml in my regular catalogue collection. :P

Imp: It smells like very ripe pears dipped in sugar with a few lilac blooms sprinkled on top.

Wet: The pears turn into berries and the gardenia comes out to play... and oh, there's the roses... the sweetness is hiding behind the florals...

Dry: The sweetness comes back out and I can smell the smoky opium mingling with the florals. I'm very surprised that the florals aren't overwhelmingly heady-- they're really behaving quite nicely-- but this blend is mostly a floral on me for sure.

Overall: This is very feminine and aristocratic, definitely suits a Countess. I like it, but I'm not sure if I would wear it much. I'll keep the imp around for a while and see what happens.

I wanted to try this, not only because some of the Countess' notes sound similar to Queen of Spades (I'm running low), but also because it just is SUCH a quintessentially Beth concept for a scent--sexy, wicked, subversive, feminine. Rawr. :P On me, the Countess is sweeter than QoS--the plum and berry produce a wine effect similar to Wanda, but with incense behind it. Although it's definitely the same family as QoS, the Countess just isn't the Queen. Ah well.

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

Blood countess is the second bpal perfume I´ve tried, now it´s been sweetening my wrist for an hour and half and I´m in love!

I really waited for this one, I was so sure it will be pretty and it really is! For the first 30 minutes it was too sharp and strong but it faided a bit and now it is really sweet but still dark, sexy and seductive. Florals and berries, beautiful! I really must get a bigger bottle of this one!

Edited by Unillusia

Blood Countess

In the imp: the prettiest sweet sugar plum ever! Nothing evil or savage, yet. Just sweet, pretty plum goodness.

Wet on skin: I wonder if this has the same gardenia as Euphrosyne? Because I’m not getting an evil gardenia reaction here! Just a sweet plum and flowers scent, with blackcurrant!

Dry: this is really a lot nicer than I expected. Beautifully feminine and very fruity, the plum and berries are dominant here. It smells like blackberries, blackcurrant and Megaera’s sugar plum. There’s a nice opium veil over it-very faint but it darkens the scent nicely. And the gardenia is of the ‘good’ kind, ie it smells like a lovely full white flower and not mutant celery. The only worry is that the blackcurrant/berry I smell here is like the one in Monster Bait Closet/Montresor, which does turn to cat pee during that time of the month…but today it smells like Ribena!

After a while: eventually the scent darkens but doesn’t lose its fruity delicious scent. The floral notes come out a bit more-I smell a gorgeous lilac-gardenia thing going on with a hint of rose petals. This scent is a wonderful purple hue, decadent and lavish.

The plum gets riper and at times I worry that it will smell overripe and cloying, even banana like on me (which is more of a characteristic of plum blossom than fruit) but the lilac and rose prevent this from happening. It still smells very sweet but there’s a lovely blackberry tartness counteracting this. The scent is even deeper and darker now but I don’t smell opium.

There’s a gorgeous sweet almost musky plum-floral-smoky drydown and now the opium comes out a little more, cloaking the plum and blackberries gently. This is lovely.

The end scent before it fades is a gentle gardenia-berry scent. So pretty.

Verdict: for such a notorious character with bloodthirsty beauty regimes, this scent is so gorgeous. A wonderful mix of rich sweet sugared plum and dark berries with a lovely blend of flowers. The plum note is fantastic and bonds well with various berry notes-mainly blackberries and currants, whilst the surprisingly nice gardenia note mingles with rose, lilac and a little bit of opium and forms a nice base for the fruits. This scent is voluptuous and sumptuous, very feminine and full bodied, it’s dark and deep and smells lovely from start to finish. This might be heading for the bottle list.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Might get a bottle if it doesn’t disagree with my hormones. The imp is a keeper.

If you like this, try: Bordello, Megaera, Montresor, Monster Bait Closet, Bathsheba

In the imp, this smelled fearsomely floral, so I only put it on sparingly. On my skin, I actually noticed the fruity notes about as much as the florals, which boded a little better - fruit notes tend to work better on me than florals do, probably because my skin does not amp them to the level of sheer insanity.

And as it settles in, it's actually not bad -- not as dark as I might have expected for its inspiration, but not overwhelmingly sweet either. It's more of a light and feminine scent than most of those I wear, but not excessively so. Something in it reminds me a little bit of Rage, but offhand I can't see any notes they have in common, so I don't know why. Just a slightly similar feel, I guess. That, and that both of them sound like they're supposed to be scary, but actually smell quite pretty.

Even after being on my skin for a while, wonder of wonders, the florals are not being amped to any bad extent -- it's actually quite nicely balanced, and smells fresh, just gently sweet, and overall quite nice. It's definitely the kind of scent I will be all over come spring, when I always want lighter, fresher scents, but even before that I think I'm going to enjoy this one.

Grade: B+

Inital Impression: Juicy plum and sweet florals.

While Wearing: It starts out smelling very fruity and juicy but soon the sweetness retreats leaving a dark note to it. After wearing it for a while it becomes a wonderful complex blend of floral and spice with a touch of fruit keeping it a little sweet. I imagine a young girl dressed in a white dress stained with blood.

Innocent and dark all at once.

Sweet bitter death - A grave drapped in dying roses and other flowers with incense burning somewhere near by.

Conclusion: This scent is perfect for my current Vampire the Requiem Charecter. At first it is juicy and sweet and innocent with something darker hiding underneath it. As time goes on the darkness comes out and the innocent sweetness retreats.

This is the scent for those that wear the I am so sweet and innocent mask when something much more dangerous hides behind it. This will be a scent I buy a bottle of to use for roleplaying purposes.

For every day wear I do really like this. I like the sweetness with something dark behind it. This scent is perfect for the days when I am being a bitch but everyone still thinks I am the nice innocent kitty.

Rating: 4/5

Would buy: Yes I need a bottle of this as it will get much wear being a charecter scent for me. It will also get some wear as an everyday scent.

I am TERRIBLE at writing reviews. In fact, this is my first one! Anyhoo, bear with me :P

In the bottle, I honestly couldnt tell what I was sniffing.

Immediately putting in on my wrist is smelled very light and almost powdery. almost.

I think the lilac mostly came out on me. It didnt sit well with my nose. I liked this, but didnt love it. I give it a 3. Although I have to say...atleast it didnt stink! :D

Another frimp! I'm especially happy to have found a fabulous note in opium.

In the bottle: It smells purple and juicy, but with some sweet smokiness to it. Is that opium?? If it is… I LOVE IT!!!

Wet: There is something green and sharp on the top covering up everything else, but I don’t think that will last long. It smells like unripened raspberries in the wild.

Dry: Ultra sweetness! The berries are waving around glow sticks, and I can detect the lilac which is actually pretty when it’s sweet like this. It’s probably the strongest scent I’ve put on yet.

The opium (that must be what it is) is sending out tendrils of smoky sweetness through the berries and it’s making me drool. It’s a little TOO sweet, but still really pretty.

Simply put: dark, smokey plum. Fruity, but not in an overly sweet, cloying way. I don't get any of the florals with this, and only a hint of berries. It also stays very close to the skin. I can't smell this unless I have my wrist to me nose, but this seems like it should be a very intimate scent, so that's okay!

Most bpal fruits don't work for me, but this one is lovely, so fear not, all ye fellow fruit-haters!

This is lovely. I expected dragons' blood and heavy spice, but that is not it at all.

Like YeahbutNo noted, in the imp this is sweet sugar plum. Very nice, and surprising.

When I got it on, the plum and berry notes stood out, but there was spice there too, which I enjoyed. I suppose that is the opium or the spice of the gardenia. But in just a moment, the flowers just bloomed, and they are much truer to life than I expected. I smell spicy gardenia and the sweetness of lilac, (but no roses, thankfully), and over all of that a faint scent of plum and opium.

I don't know if I'll need a bottle, but I'm keeping the imp for sure, for moments when I want to feel fresh and floral.

ps. while this smells great, it tastes awful. I accidently got some in my mouth!