Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Pumpkin Crème Brulee

With vanilla bean scrapings.

In The Bottle: The light, sweet buttery pumpkin note from the Lab we all know and adore.

Wet On Skin: A little bit of spice comes out- a touch of ginger here, a dab of nutmeg there...

Dry Down: Pumpkin, autumnal spice, and vanilla bean. I don't get a custard thing like some might expect from a Brûlée, but it's a really lovely autumnal gourmand scent just the same. It's a good daytime scent, and I could see layering it with something a little richer to either heighten the food aspect or a deeper one to make it a bit more of an evening scent. For pumpkin scent lovers, this is a pure win- don't miss out!

Pumpkin eggy goodness. I'd almost say pumpkin french toast. There is a good amount of nutmeg. I'd say this is heavier on spice than on pumpkin.

Agree with above, more spice than pumpkin. That being said, it is a lovely blend. There is a burnt-kinda Brûlée note I'm picking up, but it's in the background. Foodies should enjoy this one.

When I opened the imp, it smelled like...WTF FLOWERS??

But no pumpkin. Wet, on my skin: Sharp and spicy almost-floral (WHAT), but no pumpkin.

Dry: STILL NO PUMPKIN. Also, sharp and unpleasant. No sugar, no custard, no pumpkin. It only brings headaches to the party.

I am SO disappointed, as in the past, BPAL's pumpkin note was always beautiful on my skin, no matter what. This? Oh, no. No, no, no. Off to swap!

2nd Try:

There was a bit of spillage on the label, and I noticed a day or two later that it smelled more of sugar, so I thought perhaps I'd give it another try.

In the imp: Sugar? No floral smell, so hurrah!

Wet, on my skin: Cinnamon brooms. BUT NO PUMPKIN.

Dry: CINNAMON BROOMS TO INFINITY And. NO. PUMPKIN. WHATSOEVER.

Hours later: A whisper of sugary sweetness when I stick my wrist against my nose.

Conclusion: BAH.

Edited by harmonyfb

Brown sugar, pumpkin and a swish of eggy custard. I get mainly the caramelized sugar on this with pumpkin. Medium throw and wear length.

Pumpkin Creme Brulee starts off as spiced pumpkin and vanilla-infused custard on me, and it turns into caramelized sugar and spiced pumpkin on me.

I like it, but I don't feel the need to grab more of this one because I have so many spiced pumpkin scents already. If you want to smell like caramelized sugar and spiced pumpkin, though, this is for you!

Brûlée in the bottle, but it goes on and stays on as a pleasant dry cinnamon spice blend. No pumpkin, no vanilla. It’s not even “pumpkin pie spice,” because there’s no nutmeg or allspice; it’s mostly cinnamon. It’s a nice blend, very accurate and with plenty of depth and longevity; just a bit monotone.

Wet: Creamy pumpkin, with ALL the spices. 

Dry: Not reading as "creme brulee" to me; it's just pumpkin with a lot of spices now. (More spices than pumpkin.)

I like it, but I was hoping for more vanilla. 

This smells just like pumpkin pie filling to me. Buttery, creamy, and softly spicy pumpkin with a hint of caramel. 

On application of this blend the caramelized sugar notes come forward the most. Syrupy and sweet. Thankfully not too cloying. Sometimes I have a hard time with sugar notes, especially if they smell too burnt. Thankfully here though it mostly smells like a caramel with a tiny hint of something reminding me of maple syrup.

There is a nice creaminess here as well. Rich and sweet, not too milky smelling though. The milkiness I think is mostly covered by the vanilla.

The vanilla bean is lovely and actually quite gourmand in here. Not at all a perfumey vanilla bean, this has a sort of vanilla bean ice cream scent going on for it. Very nice.

There is  a fair amount of pumpkin smell here. It's not an especially realistic pumpkin in this blend, a little bit too much sweetness to it that makes it a little autumn candle smelling, but it's covered up a lot by the other notes so it's not especially bad and doesn't stand out much.

Overall I actually like this one quite a bit. I wouldn't really call it a pumpkin smell necessarily though.

On me this is sweetened creamy pumpkin spice, but heavy on the creamy buttered pumpkin, and light on the spice. Not bad, but I have accidentally ended up with a lot of pumpkin scents, and this one really lacks that little something else that sets it apart from the rest of them. The caramelized sugar intermingles with this nicely, and this is a rather nice pumpkin, and very pie like. 

In the decant: Caramelly, syrupy sweet pumpkin spice. I've had some pumpkin spice flavored sweetened creamer that smells a lot like this. And like one might expect from a concentrated creamer, as a fragrance, in the decant, it's almost over the top. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's the same as in the decant, extra sweet pumpkin spice cream. After the initial drydown, the intensity backs off a bit, but the scent doesn't fundamentally morph. It's now a lot like pumpkin pie ice cream. (I, um, may have a very sophisticated palate in discriminating different pumpkin spiced  foods from one another.) 

This is where it stays on me, a very sweet and very gourmand gourmand, fun for me to try, but not something I'm likely to regularly wear.