Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Fair Maiden Side-Eye

Crafted in response to Black Phoenix Trading Posts Horking Dragon Hair Gloss: saucy gilded amber, ambergris accord, vanilla cream, and peach-tinted skin musk.

Okay, so I was mainly hoping for an amber and peach blend, but ended up getting a vanilla cream with tinges of ambergris in it. So it's a sort of watery vanilla cream.

Unfortunately, BPAL's cream note is problematic on me. Typically, its a burnt plastic on me, but this one oscillates between a cream and a plastic, which ends up confusing as hell to my nose. If you can wear cream, this is fantastic. I can't and my skin chemistry is not cooperating.

On the drydown, I get more of the amber and peach, but it's still mainly a creamy vanilla with ambergris. Medium throw and wear length.

I smell the salty ambergris, a slight vanilla note and stone fruit. Maybe a bit of amber in the background giving the whole scent a sort of golden aura. My SO said it smells like cream and peaches and bubblegum.

Wow! I get the amber and peach-tinted skin musk right away. The ambergris balances everything so it isnt powdery or too sweet. Definitely a unisex blend. I get no vanilla cream which is good because no plastic smell ;)

Edit: as this stays longer on my skin, it becomes creamy like Cave of Treasures! The good kind of cream that is sophisticated and delicious!

Edited by VioletVorpal

Holy moly, this is a close relation to Cave of Treasures! It's a little sweeter and creamier, but otherwise it's really showing why dragon's blood blends sometimes read as lilac. So happy I got a bottle of this!

Fair Maiden Side-Eye is a peach skin musk filled out, roundly and beautifully, with an amber-ambergris base.

I worry about the saltiness of ambergris, but it's restrained and pleasant here. I like how the amber and ambergris play together; between them and the slight vanilla, this smells full in a way that some blends have to age into.

The cream is present, and smooths the other notes, but it is not heavy on me. It reminds me of the way some flowers are creamy.

A delight.

Somehow this smells like a very sophisticated department store perfume on me. The amber, ambergris, and musk are the primary notes to my nose, with the vanilla and peach softening the whole thing just a bit. It's warm and sweet, but it's very much a PERFUME-perfume on me and not just a soft sweet scent. I will absolutely wear the heck out of this one in the cooler weather.

I wanted to love this. But there is too much spicy amber and peach and not enough Ambergis and vanilla cream to balance it out. *sigh*

Just sniffing from the bottle, I already feel like I am going to love this.

In the bottle, I get a beautiful amber and some ambergris along with a pink feel that must be the peach musk. There is a bit of a kick to this that makes me wonder if there is pink pepper in this although none is listed.

On my skin, the amber stands out to me the most. I still feel like it is a lightly spiced (but not with cinnamon) variety (maybe Egyptian amber, or maybe it’s gilded with pink pepper or pink carnation? But I think Egyptian amber is more likely). I am also getting the ambergris and peach musk, the latter of which adds more of a pink feel to the scent as opposed to making it super sweet and peachy (which I am thrilled about). The vanilla cream note joins the others after a few minutes but cannot hold a candle to the amber. This is mostly a pink amber scent to me (perhaps in the same scent family as Vasilissa even though that has pink musk and different resins). After a full day of wear, the amber is all that remains.

I love amber and am glad that the peach musk isn’t really sweet or particularly peachy. I am definitely keeping my bottle and plan on pairing it with my White Peach and Incense HG! Thanks to my wonderful fairy for getting this for me! :wub:

Edited by dementia_divine

Oh my gosh, I love this! I'm getting a well rounded amber, with ambergris and a touch of peach. It reminds me of the perfume The Golden Hour, as a base with the other notes supporting. This has jumped to my top ten. LOVE :wub3:

Wet: I immediately really like this. It's fruity and beachy and summery. It's also very unique, I don't have another scent that smells like this. Ugh it's good! The ambergris is salty and mixes really interestingly with the slightly aquatic skin musk. Hints of fruit. A background of gentle sweetness. Overall a really lovely summery skin scent.

Dry: The skin musk amps up quite a bit, and dominates the scent. I'm a bit sad about that, as I really liked the beachy aspect of this, and it is now there only faintly on me. The hints of fruit are still there. I do like it, and will get lots of wear out of it, as skin musk scents are what I often wear to work to be "incognito" with my scent. It's just not as magnificent as I thought it was going to be when it was wet. Or as unique. Now I would call it a "slightly different skin musk" on my chemistry, at least.

i tend to avoid peach scents, but peach-tinted made this seem more workable for me. when first applied i get the vanilla cream and peach with a hint of the skin musk, which smells quite animalic on me. it dries down to a peachy-vanilla with an amber/skin musk background. pretty!