Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
highgarden

Sign of Sekkusu Hair Gloss

Sign of Sekkusu hair gloss or as Puddin’ affectionately likes to call it, I’ve got your nose!!!

Bourbon vanilla, cardamom, fossilized amber resin, blonde tobacco, tonka bean, and labdanum.

This one has some strong throw! Immediately, I got hit by the resins and tobacco, but not in a smoky, overpowering way. The tonka and vanilla temper the heady resins with their sweetness, and I think the cardamom added a bit of spice. It was difficult to pick out notes because they blended so well. I sprayed this on before bed and could still smell it when I woke up about 9 hours later.

Tobacco and bourbon vanilla stand out to me as most present and forward. In fact, they seem to be all I smell. This makes sense to me if Ted is mentioned in the description—this is a cousin to Perversion. :)

i definitely smell amber and tobacco at first. the tobacco is caramel-ly or maple-y, a little bit of cardamom comes through next. after awhile i think i smell more amber and some vanilla. the labdanum isn't that noticeable if at all, it's primarily a sweet tobacco and amber scent. it's warm and rich-perfect for colder weather, i'd say.

I wish I was getting what you all are >.<
It seems to be purely animalic to me and I know it's my lesser trained nose, but all I can smell is something akin to cat urine. And, to me, if that's what I smell, that will be what people around me smell, and I'd really rather not be the person in the room who smells of kitty piddles. <//3

ETA: I don't know WHAT happened, but I'm in love. It's dark, sweet, and sexy. I'm so glad it never moved when I tried swapping it!

Edited by sterlingstein

Beautiful chewy, caramel tobacco with a lovely bourbon vanilla. There is a jolt of cardamom that fades away and I can sorta make out the amber but the tobacco is the dominant force in this hair gloss. It’s really nice and long lasting. And this one will age nicely. ❤️

This isn't my typical scent, but I was hoping for something to be in the same family as Blackened Vanilla and Cardamom, which I am going through at a surprising rate (especially last fall).

In the bottle: It definitely smells like it's in the same family, but maybe stronger, and a bit more acerbic from the tobacco(?).

Freshly spritzed: this is strong! It's similar to the blackened vanilla, but maybe not quite as "dark" an impression, and more sharp notes. The cardamom isn't as assertive as in the other, but it's there, and helps warm it up a bit, I also think that could be the amber showing up.

Several hours later: wow, this lasts, this has staying power! It's strong, but it's got a nice cozy sweater kind of feel to the scent, would definitely put it in the same feel-family as Blackened Vanilla and Cardamom.

This was still pretty strong when I woke up with it the next morning. Was brushing out my hair and was still getting a pretty strong since of it's smell. It's a good thing I like it!

Agreeing 100% with Izile above. If you are a lover of Black Vanilla and Cardamon HG (which also has a tad of tobacco), I am going to guess that you will like this as well. The difference to me Is that Sign of Sekkusu has more of a perfume element to it and perhaps it is a bit more sophisticated, as opposed to earthy. A beautiful scent!

Edited by Minh Scent

Oops, realized I reviewed Sign of Sekkusu at the Post but not here. These are all favorite notes of mine, and I love it! I worried that it might smell a bit like I’d just come from clubbing and might not go down well at work, but it’s not too boozy, and the tobacco is smooth and urbane. It smells classy – warm and elegant but a little removed, like a woman who knows she’s way out of the league of anyone in the room but who is too kind to be snooty about it. It doesn’t have the ridiculous throw and wear length of some hair glosses I’ve tried, but I do continue to get whiffs of it for several hours.

Delicious Tobacco/Amber/Vanilla surrounded by wisps of spiced incense. I know vanilla + labdanum is practically the definitive amber base blend, but something about the labdanum/tobacco combo (and possibly the fact that it's "fossilized amber resin" instead of just amber) reads as warm, dry incense smoke to me.

Oh this is so good! It immediately reminds me a bit of Black Vanilla and Cardamom HG (which of course has tobacco in it too), But this is sweeter I think, and has even more gorgeous cardamom. The labdanum starts to amp up as this warms. I love labdanum, so I am not mad at it, but it takes this much father away from BV and C - the resemblance was fleeting. No matter, this is really gorgeous. Landanum, vanilla and cardamom, with hints of pale tobacco. I love it, and am glad I got a full size.

Luscious tobacco, amber and vanilla. I am not really getting the Black Vanilla & Cardamom comparison because I am getting a ton of tobacco, amber, and a whiff of tonka which really makes it its own blend. In fact, for me the cardamom is MIA. It is however utterly a sophisticated tobacco blend. I might have to hunt some of this down.

Unfortunately someone broke this on me. Maybe me, I don't know, it was just a shattered mess on my steps. What I'm getting mostly is tobacco and maybe a bit of red musk, though it's not listed. It kind of reminds me of Red Lantern, from the small amount I was able to rub on my wrists. I like this, but it will take me a few lifetimes to get through the hair glosses that I already have, so I don't need any more.

When I first got this it had a strange skin funk to it - possibly the fossilized amber resin, because I've worn all the other notes before and they've never caused that smell on me. So I let it age, and the funk has significantly decreased, letting the other notes shine through. It has incredible staying power; I sprayed this into my hair in the morning and two days later without touch-ups (no washing) I can still smell the labdanum and tobacco.

I think further aging will get rid of the last of that funky smell - if it does, I'll be very happy, because this scent is otherwise beautiful.

Really rich, syrupy vanilla tobacco. I think all the resins contribute to this thick dark feeling. Cozy.

There was a note in this I couldn't quite place, cold and mineral. I think it must be the "fossilized" aspect of the  "fossilized amber". It is a lovely, chilly note but I think I would prefer it with some light white flowers. 

At this scent's heart is a beautiful dark pungency and the other elements sort of hold it up, present it to the nose. Scents in this vein are too "brown" for me but this really is gorgeous.

Edited by Myrrha