Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin candyfloss with strawberry cream and red currant.

This starts off with the same pumpkin floss note used in the other blends...sugary pumpkin & spice. The red currant comes up next, it's both juicy and tart. The strawberry cream comes up towards the end, it's initially a lovely strawberry note before it settles down into a strawberry and cream scent in the drydown. Yum!

Juicy, creamy yet tart! Rich, sweet pumpkin (no spice for me) swirled with a touch of strawberry cream (not fake smelling either!) with a few red currants thrown in there just for extra "pop". Yum!

The Pumpkin Floss labels are adorable. Opens with tart, fruity currant, sugar, and pumpkin spice, developing into strawberry cream with a bit of plastic on me up close. I don't think my skin likes currants, but this is a such a playful and happy blend.

This label is so adorable! This starts as the classic spicy pumpkin scent in me it's so perfect for fall. Then the currant came out it's a tart juicy version. I love a good currant scent. The strawberry cream is there but it's the lightest note I think it balances everything nicely. This scent is a pumpkin gem on me!! :wub2:

This starts off as cinnamon and nutmeg, and I was worried, but the spice surprisingly fades really quickly and I'm left with a delicious, tart, red currant and sweet strawberry cream. It smells like a red berries and cream hard candy. Really fun. Doesn't have much throw and only lasted a couple hours on me, but I like the vanilla cream edge in it. Red currant is usually too sour for me, but the strawberry cream sweetens it up and I actually enjoy it here.

Well, like the eponomymous Pumpkin Spice Latte, this was mostly Pumpkin Spice without the actual gourd itself at the start but all strawberry cream in the dry phase. The red currant helps the strawberry pop and contributed to the juicy quality at the heart.

To be honest, I was hoping for more strawberry and more throw but I'm willing to cellar it to see if that helps. This smells more like strawberry cream hard candies (think Lifesavers brand) than cotton candy. No regrets, I'm keeping my bottle. This is my first Pumpkin Floss to try and I'm looking forward to acquiring more!

This is hard for me to describe, because in my brain I just see it not as "pink pumpkin candyfloss" but rather as "pinkpumpkincandy floss." (Eh, I know, but it makes sense to me!) The spices in pumpkin blends can often overwhelm everything, but not here. I get that initial burst of typical fall spices, but on the skin I really amp the slightly buttery gourd note with lots of strawberry and cream on top. Surprisingly, the scent stays true to that and it lingers ALL DAY on my skin. I'm really glad I picked up a bottle.

This label is ridiculous and cute and I love it.

The perfume is straight up pumpkin candyfloss and then you get a dollop of fruity strawberry cream on the drydown. Fun and delicious. I'll be wearing this one a lot!!

My initial reaction after applying a bit of this scent is that it smells like a cheap pumpkin/autumn scented candle :(

There's definitely a Pumpkin bit to it, and it has a distinctly "autumn" scent to it! I also get just a little sweetness and fruitiness, but the slightly spicy pumpkin seems the most obvious to me.

But it chiefly smells like a candle, specifically :\ like there's some odd waxy, cheap smelling weirdness hiding in it! I will update here later on in the day as I applied this only about an hour ago.

I'm bummed! This is one of the first BPALs I have tried and I didn't expect it to smell so odd.

UPDATE 12 hours later: The scent remained about the same through the day. Noticeably faded by the 3 hour mark. Barely perceptible by 5 hours, and all but gone by 7 hours. Still had that cheap candle smell. Poo!

Edited by lizzylovessatan

Something in here is not agreeing with my skin chemistry, because I'm getting absolutely zero pumpkin. It starts with a lot of artificial sweetness, turning into artificial strawberry candy sweetness. There's also a weird bitterness to this, like I'm trying to smell my cotton candy through a bag. I wish I could smell what other people have described for this one, because it sounds lovely. :(

This is a weird one. It's got this vegetal, lightly spiced pumpkin note in the pumpkin candyfloss that's first accompanied by the strawberry cream, but then the red currant becomes more prominent on my skin as it is wont to do and it is an odd concoction of currant and pumpkin floss with just a bit of strawberry cream in the background.

This was fun to try, but pumpkin plus berries isn't a combo that really works for me, so I will be passing it onto someone who will hopefully appreciate it more.

In the bottle it smells greatly like a few other pumpkin-heavy blends that I have, or have smelled in the past, but slightly soapy? But on my skin... MAN. This is SO beautiful. It kind of morphs into this pink ghost. A pink ghost with a blend of warm spices in the background. I don't know how else to describe it but man am I happy this kinda fell into my lap. Not a very strong throw, but I will just have to slather. *shrugs*