Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

On 3/11/2023 at 9:19 AM, Just Kitten said:

Hello friends, 

Not really a perfume but does anyone know a BPAL blend that smells similar to Dove Shea Butter body spray? It says the smell is “a warm vanilla” but it’s very different and very nostalgic to me. I’d appreciate any recommendations. 

I haven't smelled the body spray in question, but I wonder if layering Obatala and something like Mouse's Sad and Long Tale might get you somewhere similiar.

13 minutes ago, ScentCollector said:

Hey all, 

I want to get some bpal for a gift for someone that I know likes CK1, any recommendations?

The older version of Drag Is For Everyone smelled just like CK1 to me, but I haven't smelled the newer current one.  : ) 

2 hours ago, ScentCollector said:

Hey all, 

I want to get some bpal for a gift for someone that I know likes CK1, any recommendations?

Since I'm not personally familiar with CK1, I went and looked at reviews to get an idea of the notes and see if it seemed to align with any GC scents that might be interesting to someone. The impression that I've gotten is CK1 is citrus + floral + green notes with some warmer/woody/resin scents underneath.

Going through GC scents that seem to have similar vibe (I'll note personal recommendations):

- Muse (Ars Amatoria): A light, invigorating floral and citrus blend. Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime.

- Embalming Fluid (Ars Moriendi): A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

- Fae (Bewitching Brews): A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

- Zephyr (Bewitching Brews): A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

- Baobhan Sith (Diabolus): Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger. [I personally find this one lovely and light, and definitely would recommend it!]

- Aizen-Myoo (Excolo): Yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea. [This one is a personal favorite and has some lovely citrus-floral going on, but low on greener notes.]

- Croquet (Mad Tea Party): Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

- Tweedledee (Mad Tea Party): Ridiculous! Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom. [I love this one, but it smells wildly different on different people.]

- Night Gaunt (Picnic In Arkham): Their scent of their slick, rubbery hides is bittersweet, ticklish, and skin-creeping: something akin to yuzu, white grapefruit, and kumquat mixed with the snow-dusted flowers of Mount Ngranek. [This is a personal favorite and is pleasantly sharp and airy, with a lovely kick of citrus and white florals. Don't let the Picnic in Arkham style descriptions through you off.]

- Shanghai (Wanderlust): The crisp, clean scent of green tea touched with lemon verbena and honeysuckle. [This is another one that I like a lot! It's beautiful and airy and fresh.]

- Whitechapel (Wanderlust): A gentlemen’s blend, possessed of dignity, charm and refinement, but in truth masking a corrupted, hideous, soulless core. White musk, lime, lilac and citron.

Since these are all GC, they can be gotten as imps, and if the person really likes them, they'd be replaceable. Didn't through the long term collections or the LE scents. Hopefully this is a useful starting place to dig through reviews from!

Edited by ShadowEtienne

2 hours ago, ScentCollector said:

Hey all, 

The Torture Queen from the Carnaval Diabolique line smells a lot like CK One to me! According to reviews, many others think so, too.

13 hours ago, ScentCollector said:

Hey all, 

It was a Limited Edition, so not as readily available as some of the scents others have mentioned, but Himalayan White Tea, Lemon Peel, & Grass reminds me of CK1.

4 minutes ago, harps said:

Any ideas for someone who love Tom Ford Lost Cherry?

I'm not personally familiar with Tom Ford Lost Cherry, but looking up the notes it looks like it's cherry, almond, vanilla, amber as sort of the predominant note set.

Looking through the General Catalogue, here are some possibilities that might appeal based on the notes (this is very not my scent profile, so I can't speak to most of these scents):

▪︎Kabuki (Ars Amatoria) - Compelling, complex, and utterly enigmatic: a luxuriant, exotic blend of cherry, red musk, and star anise.

▪︎The Red Queen (Mad Tea Party) - Deep mahogany and rich, velvety woods lacquered with sweet, black-red cherries and currant.

▪︎Blood Kiss (Bewitching Brews) - Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.

▪︎Blood (Bewitching Brews) - A vital, bold scent, throbbing with sensuality. Essence of dragon’s blood resin, thickened with myrrh and cherry, with a trickle of clove.

▪︎Vice (Sin and Salvation) - Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom.

▪︎Hollywood Babylon (Wanderlust) - The essence of innocence shattered: glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla – dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry.

There might well be LEs or special collections that aren't available as imps that are a better fit. I know that this year's Lupercalia collection had a lot of cherry scents in it.