Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

I am looking for a BPAL that resembles Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss. It's my husband's all time fav for me to wear but it is retired and I don't know how much longer it will be available for.

Top Notes: black raspberry, burgundy rose

Mid Notes: Bergamot Incense, plum amber musk, geranium, peony

Dry Notes: dark vanilla bean, labdanum, vetiver, sensual balsam

I would appreciate any good leads....I have tried a lot of the BPALS but have not come across one like this yet.

Thank you so much

I am looking for a BPAL that resembles Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss. It's my husband's all time fav for me to wear but it is retired and I don't know how much longer it will be available for.

I would appreciate any good leads....I have tried a lot of the BPALS but have not come across one like this yet.

Thank you so much

I loved Dark Kiss!! I think I still have a bottle tucked away somewhere. I am going to look, and if so I will get it out and start comparing. I have a few ideas, I think, if I am remembering properly. It's bedtime for me now, or I would start digging, Feel free to PM me, so I don't forget!

Hey I was hoping some help finding a BPAL scent similiar to a couple old favorites of mine that are discontinued.

Crabtree and Evelyn Gardenia Eau de toilette, not to be confused with their Eau de parfume by the same name. The scents are different. I know the main notes are tuberose and gardenia and the finish is white, powdery, and long lasting.

Philtre d Amour by Guerlain - The original millennium special edition was as follows. Top notes are lemon verbena, bergamot and amalfi lemon; middle notes are myrtle, jasmine, neroli and petitgrain; base note is patchouli. It starts sweet and finishes powdery

I have not smelled either perfume, so I can't exactly recommend it, but Miss Spink is described as "A grand, over-the-top tuberose gardenia," so maybe that would work for C&E's Gardenia. You could check Miss Sprink's reviews and maybe that would give you an idea of if it's what you're looking for.

I have not smelled either perfume, so I can't exactly recommend it, but Miss Spink is described as "A grand, over-the-top tuberose gardenia," so maybe that would work for C&E's Gardenia. You could check Miss Sprink's reviews and maybe that would give you an idea of if it's what you're looking for.

I appreciate it. I picked up most of their impable tuberose and gardenia scents. Just wasn't ready to take the plunge with a full bottle of an unsniffed scent. Especially with stronger scents like gardenia and tuberose. They can go from lovely to stinky in a hurry, Maybe I'll get lucky and see it in a swap sometime.

Hey I was hoping some help finding a BPAL scent similiar to a couple old favorites of mine that are discontinued.

Crabtree and Evelyn Gardenia Eau de toilette, not to be confused with their Eau de parfume by the same name. The scents are different. I know the main notes are tuberose and gardenia and the finish is white, powdery, and long lasting.

Philtre d Amour by Guerlain - The original millennium special edition was as follows. Top notes are lemon verbena, bergamot and amalfi lemon; middle notes are myrtle, jasmine, neroli and petitgrain; base note is patchouli. It starts sweet and finishes powdery

I can't remember much about Philtre d'Amour, I only had a little sample of it. BUT.....

I would recommend The Caterpillar, it always makes me think of 'old-school' Guerlain, specifically L'Heure Bleue. Might be worth a shot since it does have jasmine and patchouli (from memory), and does have a powdery feel, in my opinion.

Thank you so much

While I'm not familiar with that scent and don't always find B&B Works smells like its listed notes, based on the description I would recommend these (all of which I personally love as well, i'm not just plucking them from the site blindly):

WANDA

Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

COUNTESS WILLIE

Chocolate plum musk, red musk, amaretto, candied fruits, and red ginger.

MADAME MORIARTY (second of her name)

Red musk, vanilla bean, pomegranate, black currant, patchouli leaf and wild plum.

Please note, for the madame you do NOT need to like patchouli - in fact, i don't like almost any of the notes on their own/in most blends, but together they are stunning. and all of these suggestions are based on the overall impression i get of what that would smell like, as opposed to a note by note breakdown.

Not sure if this thread is in the right area, but if it isn't just let me know and i'll move it. I am looking to get my mum some BPAL, her favourite perfume is "Paris" by Herve Leger, the note are The scent opens with the sparkling, fruity notes of Chinese osmanthus flower, water jasmine and black currant blossom. The soft purple orchid and the rich, feminine scent of matthiola follow. A voluptuous fusion of heliotrope, vanilla and precious sandalwood finish.

I wonder if you wonderful BPALers have any ideas of close BPAL oils that she would enjoy. Thanks :)

You'll probably get more luck or help by posting this in the sub forum Recommendations. Theres a thread set up for comparing bpal to other perfumes

I am looking to get my mum some BPAL, her favourite perfume is "Paris" by Herve Leger, the note are The scent opens with the sparkling, fruity notes of Chinese osmanthus flower, water jasmine and black currant blossom. The soft purple orchid and the rich, feminine scent of matthiola follow. A voluptuous fusion of heliotrope, vanilla and precious sandalwood finish.

I wonder if you wonderful BPALers have any ideas of close BPAL oils that she would enjoy. Thanks :)

Thank you so much

While I'm not familiar with that scent and don't always find B&B Works smells like its listed notes, based on the description I would recommend these (all of which I personally love as well, i'm not just plucking them from the site blindly):

WANDA

Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

COUNTESS WILLIE

Chocolate plum musk, red musk, amaretto, candied fruits, and red ginger.

MADAME MORIARTY (second of her name)

Red musk, vanilla bean, pomegranate, black currant, patchouli leaf and wild plum.

Please note, for the madame you do NOT need to like patchouli - in fact, i don't like almost any of the notes on their own/in most blends, but together they are stunning. and all of these suggestions are based on the overall impression i get of what that would smell like, as opposed to a note by note breakdown.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will look at trying those!

Thank you so much

I loved Dark Kiss!! I think I still have a bottle tucked away somewhere. I am going to look, and if so I will get it out and start comparing. I have a few ideas, I think, if I am remembering properly. It's bedtime for me now, or I would start digging, Feel free to PM me, so I don't forget!Th

Thank you! Sorry I'm so late responding but I would appreciate your suggestions!

On the off chance someone out there has sniffed it, I thought I might try ask again and if no one has, then at least there's no harm in trying!

Has anyone come across anything that resembles or is similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy?

On the off chance someone out there has sniffed it, I thought I might try ask again and if no one has, then at least there's no harm in trying!

Has anyone come across anything that resembles or is similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy?

Oddly enough, Autumn Overlooked My Knitting! I have no idea why, but it was a dead ringer for Daisy both on me and on a couple of friends I tried it on.

Oddly enough, Autumn Overlooked My Knitting! I have no idea why, but it was a dead ringer for Daisy both on me and on a couple of friends I tried it on.

Ah, how interesting! Did it smell like that straight from the bottle? I'm really hoping something exists without relying entirely on my skin chemistry to amp/drink certain notes. You're so lucky to have gotten that out of the scent though! Colour me envious!

Ah, how interesting! Did it smell like that straight from the bottle? I'm really hoping something exists without relying entirely on my skin chemistry to amp/drink certain notes. You're so lucky to have gotten that out of the scent though! Colour me envious!

Just gave it a whiff, and I think so? It's been a while since I smelled Daisy in situ, but I think in the bottle it's a little more floral and less fruity. Still damn close, though.

Just gave it a whiff, and I think so? It's been a while since I smelled Daisy in situ, but I think in the bottle it's a little more floral and less fruity. Still damn close, though.

Ooh i see! Perhaps I'll track some down and compare ^~^ .. and maybe something will pop up one day which fill fit the description of what I imagine Daisy to smell like, too haha

If you like Lutens' Tubereuse Criminelle, you might like Circus Bear. It's a cousin, not a sibling, and those confectioneries are most definitely there if only at the opening; but since styrax-heavy scents are rare, to say nothing of the combo of styrax and sweetness, it's good enough for me. And it does go florals-styrax after a while.

Edited by Convallaria

Are there any BPAL scents like Autumnalis or autumn spices [w/o cinnamon/food scents]? It's one of the few scents I totally love. I am a perfume newbie, so please rec me something if you have an idea : ) [the only thing I don't wear is gourmand stuff, ie apple/pumpkin notes etc]. I have been reading through BPALs catalog trying to find which scents are most similar to Autumnalis, but so far it's been hard because they have so many to look through!

Edited by k22

There's an entire Dead Leaves line you can explore, which may be added to this year whenever Weenies drop. Other than that, I'm not sure what an "autumn spice" is which doesn't involve "cinnamon/food scents."

Thank you so much, I appreciate it : )!!! I am desperate. I know what you mean about the spice, it's hard for me to describe lol. I'm not sure if I mean woodyness plus amber but because I am a newbie, call it 'autumn spices'.

I posted this somewhere else, but I'm worried it was in the wrong place D : So I am posting it here in case I am told I was wrong [i just didn't realize it at the time]. If anyone has any other ideas, I would be thrilled : )!!

Are there any BPAL scents like Autumnalis or autumn spices [w/o cinnamon/food scents]? It's one of the few scents I totally love. I am a perfume newbie, so please rec me something if you have an idea : ) [the only thing I don't wear is gourmand stuff, ie apple/pumpkin notes etc]. I have been reading through BPALs catalog trying to find which scents are most similar to Autumnalis, but so far it's been hard because they have so many to look through!

Since I don't wear Alkemia, it's probably bad of me to suggest scents that smell similar- but I checked up the description and thought maybe I could try based on the description.(Until more help arrives)

Alkemia's Autumnalis: A wandering through woods in early autumn... sunlight warmed autumn leaves; maple wood; wild morel fungi; silver birch tar; slightly soapy wood musk; crushed hayscent ferns; autumn crocus saffron; dry golden amber; dried oakmosses; and a touch of vetiver root.

Okay so I'm not that great with autumn scents, but the scent you like was reviewed as sweet, woodsy and spicy.. so I'd probably suggest these which also mention the same qualities when being reviewed:

Samhainophobia: The fear of Halloween. Menacing Haitian vetiver, patchouli, and clove with a shock of bourbon geranium, grim oakmoss, and dread-inspiring balsams pierce the innocuous scent of autumn leaves.
The Death of Autumn: Dark amber, dead leaves, khus, saffron, bitter clove, chrysanthemum, camellia, galangal, and a drop of oud.

A World Where There Are Octobers: An armload of maple boughs and a swirl of autumn leaves. (no spice in this but mentions maple wood and autumn leaves!)

There are obviously heaps more hiding under the reviews subforum, but I thought i'd stop there in case someone else steps in to save the day ;D

Since I don't wear Alkemia, it's probably bad of me to suggest scents that smell similar- but I checked up the description and thought maybe I could try based on the description.(Until more help arrives)

Alkemia's Autumnalis: A wandering through woods in early autumn... sunlight warmed autumn leaves; maple wood; wild morel fungi; silver birch tar; slightly soapy wood musk; crushed hayscent ferns; autumn crocus saffron; dry golden amber; dried oakmosses; and a touch of vetiver root.

Okay so I'm not that great with autumn scents, but the scent you like was reviewed as sweet, woodsy and spicy.. so I'd probably suggest these which also mention the same qualities when being reviewed:

Samhainophobia: The fear of Halloween. Menacing Haitian vetiver, patchouli, and clove with a shock of bourbon geranium, grim oakmoss, and dread-inspiring balsams pierce the innocuous scent of autumn leaves.

The Death of Autumn: Dark amber, dead leaves, khus, saffron, bitter clove, chrysanthemum, camellia, galangal, and a drop of oud.

A World Where There Are Octobers: An armload of maple boughs and a swirl of autumn leaves. (no spice in this but mentions maple wood and autumn leaves!)

There are obviously heaps more hiding under the reviews subforum, but I thought i'd stop there in case someone else steps in to save the day ;D

OOoooo thank you!!!! I love the second one especially -- I am worried about how hard they will be to find LOL! Thank you for the ideas : )

Woooooo. You joined the forum at the right time! Check out all the new dead leaves scents for Halloween. There will be lots of decant circles up for them, so you can sample the limited edition fall scents.

GC scents you might try... Hmm... I don't know how close they would be to Autumnalis, but Plunder is all spice, not really foodie. It does have cinnamon, but it's got so much else going on, it might still work. Al Shairan is another spicey fall scent. I recieved a frimp recently and was surprised how much I liked it. It's not sweet, juicy, fruity peach, more dried and descicated. Lastly, Gauko makes me think of fall and dried leaves. Hope that helps, and welcome to BPAL!