Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Zombie Moon Atmosphere Spray

Homemade blood clot-and-cherry ice cream plopping onto moonlit sand.

In the bottle, this reminds me more of cherry candy (perhaps those Lifesaver lollipops with the swirls?) than ice cream. It's intensely cherry, but it is far creamier once it is actually sprayed (and kind of makes me think of red Starbursts).

I'm not really getting the blood clot note. I thought it would mean dragon's blood or clove to accompany the cherry (like in the GC scent Blood), but I'm mainly just getting a creamy cherry scent from this. It definitely does not contain dragon's blood.

I would never wear a scent like this, but I like it as a room spray. I'm sure it will get a lot of use during the summer months. :)

This is certainly a weird little creature. It reminds me of clothes that have been washed in vanilla scented laundry detergent. I know that sounds bad, but it really works - imagine the smell of freshly washed sheets mixed with a cool vanilla. It may be that the cherry comes across as vanilla. I wouldn't call this foody, though. It has a subtle musk note, which is a little hard to pin down - it's not as harsh as black or red musk, but not as pale and fresh as white or blue musk. Maybe a vanilla musk? I suspect that the sand note is giving it the musky flavour; imagine super dry sand, not a beachy sand. I was worried about the blood note, because they can be a little too bitter for my liking, but you can smell it if you think about it. It doesn't really smell like blood, but it does give a coppery edge. I think the sand musk and the whisper of copper stop this from being too foody.

Cool, a sensible level of sweet, softly musky, and a faint metallic note.

Zombie Moon atmo is really fun—I get cherry and vanilla and maybe a bit of the blood note and musk. In the air this mostly smells like cherry-vanilla-white musk, which works for me. I find this scent very cheerful and the cherry note is delicious...I think I'll try spraying the inside of my pink winter coat with this, and then wear Bordello. :D

Zombie Moon is unexpectedly foody. I get no blood note, which I expected to be clove or DBR, I think it is a tongue in cheek reference to cherry vanilla. Or maybe it has some blood musk in it. It smells like cherry vanilla icecream and sand. I wonder if there is not a hint of sandalwood in this. It does evoke a cherry vanilla icecream scoop lying on slightly wet sand. Maybe there are lunar oils too, because it smells like wet sand at night.

I wish I could get this as a fragrance oil, but I will use it to spray on scarves, bedclothes, and clothing to get my sniffing on. . There is hope, I think that Clown White could pair well with Zombie Moon...

Edited by sprout

This smells like warm sand that has been scented with coconuts, and a bright and juicy fruit note. If the description didn't say cherry I would not have guessed that was what it is, as I generally don't like cherry. This is very nice and refreshing!

Oh dear- Zombie Moon I wanted to love you, but you are making me gag. :ugh: I sprayed some in a spot near where I am sitting, and it is URINAL CAKE MOON! An hour later, I gave up and tried to cover the smell with something else that I thought would be strong enough to work, The Demon's School, and Zombie Moon Urinal Cake is bleeding through. Major fail, this one. :sad: :cry2: Please fade away soon!

Edited by Poenari

I really like this one. I get creamy vanilla icecream drizzled in a sweet and tart cherry syrup. It's creamy and fruity and sweet. I spray this on my clothes some days and it lasts all day and I smell delicious :D

I LOVE THIS - tried my decant for the 2nd time this morning (remembering I liked it when I first tried it and had forgotten I had it) and ran and ordered a full bottle to add to my pies before it disappears!!!

I have a TON of BPTP atmosphere sprays and most of them tend to be 1) spooky or 2) musky and sexy.

What I really wanted was something fruity and pink and girly and a bit silly too. That is what I found in the incomparable Zombie Moon. This is an explosion of cherry ice cream and dazzling Barbie-doll-pinkness.

I've got vanilla there, a tiny smidgen of coconut and a SMACKINTHEFACEBYADRAGQUEEN cherry. This room spray makes me smile so much because it's just so much fun! It does not take itself seriously in any way, shape or form and it's so beautiful and delicious too. I wish I'd bought more than one bottle because I know I'm going to tear through this one in no time.

Effing fabulous.

Edited by cherrycherry

I thought I was safe from this atmo until the reviews started trickling in. I'm beyond grateful for everyone's reviews and beyond delighted to have this atmo spray! It smells like cherry vanilla ice cream in a waffle cone! :wub3: It's delicious, happy, cheerful, and fun! I feel like this scent could be used year-round for any occasion. When I need a pick-me-up on a blah day, I will reach for Zombie Moon.

Most of my atmos tend to be dark and incensy, so I was hoping to add something a little fun and fruity to my collection. I thought this would be good because it didn't have any floral components—florals give me a headache, but the lighter-note sprays that include fruit notes usually seem to have them.

Sadly, to me this smells like someone sprayed the room with cherry Chapstick. I'm afraid this one won't be staying with me.

Oh dear- Zombie Moon I wanted to love you, but you are making me gag. :ugh: I sprayed some in a spot near where I am sitting, and it is URINAL CAKE MOON! An hour later, I gave up and tried to cover the smell with something else that I thought would be strong enough to work, The Demon's School, and Zombie Moon Urinal Cake is bleeding through. Major fail, this one. :sad: :cry2: Please fade away soon!

Sadly, I tend to side with the reviewer above on this one. In the bottle, it smelled really sweet and promising. But when I sprayed it, after a few minutes, it just turned into cheap car air freshener. The scent has incredible lasting power as one spray hung around my kitchen for a whole day. Fortunately, it was warm out at the time and I was able to leave the windows open overnight to air things out. Not a fan of this one myself, but glad to see it's working for others.

My decant wasn't labelled, so I actually used this as a hair gloss instead of an atmosphere spray. :rofl: In my case it worked well! Sweet cherry ice cream, no sandy notes at all or even blood. Very sweet, almost reminiscent of candy instead of ice cream sometimes. Probably one of the nicest cherries I have tried from BPAL honestly. Also love the name! 

Basically a sugary sweet cherry single note with a vanilla background. Might upgrade, but I want to test this as a room spray first.