Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Impassioned patriotism cloaked in the guise of a love song: golden frankincense gilding pine pitch, sun-touched amber, and oakmoss resinoid.

This scent is sex in a pine forest...for serious.

When it's still wet on the skin, something about this reminds me of the earthy element in blood musk (minus the red) if that makes sense; however, this scent is far from red. The initial impression I get is dark green pine pitch with a resinous, earthy richness that reminds me of blood musk.

As it dries, the frankincense shares the stage perfectly with the pine pitch and the two combine seamlessly. Golden amber does this thing that reminds me of body sweat (in a good way) and gives the blend a second-skin quality - which is quite a feat with a note like pine pitch. The oakmoss is barely detectable by my nose, but it serves as a reminder that this scent corresponds to a place. It grounds the other notes from taking on too much of a persona and instead makes me call to mind a location.

Overall, this is gorgeous and will be taking a place in my collection. It is forest-like and resinous...and it really does remind me of gettin it on in a golden pine forest.

This is really beautiful. It reminds me of a gentler Gacela of the Dark Death (sp?), the same pine and darkness, but a little less ferocious.

This is so weird, but this totally reminds me of a slightly simpler, more piney Eve (the Only Lovers Left Alive Eve, I mean). It's got the same heavy round frankincense base to it.

Starting off, I get the pine pitch; it's sharp, acrid and loud. As it dries, this goes through the most wonderful transformation into something that reminds me of Illustrated Woman (it doesn't smell the same, just gives the same, sexy vibe). It is the most gloriously smooth, creamy smelling frankincense with something almost floral underneath. (The frankincense reminds me of that used in Peach lV, soft and creamy). It's hard to put into words the emotion that this evokes; warm and chill/ light and shadowy all at the same time. I imagine that this will age deliciously. I believe I will need more.

This is beautiful, and seemingly very evocative, and different for everyone.

It reminds me of Gacela of the Dark Death, but somehow less aggressive (no clove), and more sophisticated.

Just gorgeous, it's piney without being Pine Sol baby, and as I wear it it softens but somehow is still very present. Smells almost sandalwoody in the bottle.

Very wearable and absolutely unisex.

I was not expecting to like this one but thought I'd give it a try and ended up very pleasantly surprised with my decant! I was worried it might be too strong on the pine but it smells much brighter, truly like sunshine in a pine forest. Not too strong and not too light, it transforms and softens nicely as it dries. I might have to get more!

This is warm, smooth skin-link amber, touched with dark evergreens, slightly smoky. Super interesting--not something I would ordinarily like, but this is really beautiful and compelling. I think it might be more of a Fall/Winter scent for me, but it is really, really lovely!

i am amping the pine and frankincense in this to high heaven. i was hoping the amber and oakmoss would be more dominant. this smells like an herbal//resiny/piney medicinal serum on me. it's very natural and organic smelling. it reminds me of the woods and certain things i've smelled in health food stores, i think...i think pine/frankincense lovers will like this a lot, but unfortunately for me, it's not my cup of tea.

Sexy pine, golden amber and frankincense. I had no idea how sexy pine could smell. This is feral, wild, and highly sensual. In the so not typical way.

Slightly masculine, probably gender neutral-ish. Sticks close to the skin, average wearlength.

If you ever fancied sex with an Ent, this is probably what it smells like.

When I read the reviews saying that this scent was like sex in a forest or sex with an Ent (thanks for the visual) I was skeptical but intrigued.

Well, you know, it is very evocative of just that.

The first two thoughts I had on application were, 'Oh, this is Sexy' and 'Dark, overgrown woods'.

Oakmoss does that dark, rich earth thing that I love so well. The Pine does start out sharp but calms down while still staying in the foreground. I'm not getting much Frankincense. It seems to be way in background and I get little teases of it from time to time.

The Amber is almost as strong as the Pine note. I think its Amber that turns this scent from just another dark forest type scent and into the realm of sexy forest. It takes a rather dark scent and dapples it with light. I love this!

Like everyone above has said, it's a very sexy forest scent. It's very dark and sensual, like the name suggests, and the amber I think is the note that does a lot to sex it up. This is still a dark and haunted forest, but one where you're more likely to run into a flirty satyr than a ghoul.

In the imp: Rich, deep pine.

Wet on my skin: Rich, deep, gorgeous pine with an earthy base.

Dry: Same as the above, but now the amber is streaming sunlight in through the dark pines, mottling the earthen forest floor with golden light. This is just gorgeous, primarily the pine with all the other notes supporting it and rounding it so that it doesn't go Pine-Sol. It really does smell like a forest, and I love that since I live in a place with tons of old-growth evergreen forest.

this is absolutely beautiful. I have too many of the lab's woods/pine/forest scents already. enough that I really didn't need another one...except that this beauty, even when death matched against all others, kept calling to me.

oakmoss and pine/this smells like the most beautiful fairy tale forest when wet. the amber and frankincense are luminous. I dabbed some on at 10am this morning. it's now 8pm and I'm still surrounded by the amber & frank with the barest shadow of pine. stunning.

It starts off pine and powdery, sweet, golden amber, then I get a little pee (which thankfully doesn't last long), and now it's a close, resinous woody scent with a hint of evergreen.  Man, this is good stuff.  I can pick out the different notes, but none of them are amped - they all blend together really well.  It's not a feral, wild smell for me.  I would say it's more gentle sex (or a nap, whatever you like) in a warm, freshly built pine shelter on a soft bed of moss with beautiful golden light making the freshly cut pine boards glow.  

When I first got my bottle earlier this year, it had a poudh smell and I almost got rid of it but I put it away in hopes that would go away. IT DID. We had our first real lowland snow overnight and it is still snowing and I felt like trying it again. I'm so glad I kept it: dark pine forest. Dark. It's a spicy pine (must be the frankincense) and I love it. There's a blood musky element here even though the note isn't listed. Smells amazing next to Snow White, too 😉 A new love.