Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

The Dormouse

A dizzying eddy of four teas brushed with light herbs and a breath of peony.

In the imp: fresh, green, with a hint of very light florals.

On my skin: green tea with citrus

Drydown: this fades very fast but otherwise it doesn't seem to change much, though I'd say the tea note deepens over time.

Overall: too light overall for me, but very very pretty and fresh.

So very, very lovely!

Soft, gorgeous tea scent. None of that lemon tea but just pretty and gentle.

Perfect spring or summer scent when you want to wear something but don't want to overpower yourself or anyone else with your fragrance.

In the imp: fresh and green with a breath of light floral.

Wet: Even lovlier than in the imp. Tea freshness sweetened by a touch of peony.

Dry: This is one of my Top Tens! It is beautiful, yet subtle enough to wear everyday, even in a conservative office setting. I will be ordering a big bottle!

At first I thought this was boring and a little refreshing. But then during the day I kept smelling something subtle and tasty. It's pretty damn subtle though. I could easily use up a whole imp in a day. I think.

A bottle is a possibility. I could probably make use of a jug of it.

In Bottle: Tea

On Skin: Yes, this is a perfect scent to wear to a tea party. Very light and zingy, a zesty squirt of lemon mixed with both dark and light teas. I don’t really notice a herbal note, but the peony is pretty and blends perfectly with the sea, adding to the gardenlike tea-party setting. I don’t like to drink tea, but I do like this scent. It reminds me a little of White Rabbit, but far less sweet. It is a light scent, minimum throw, but after a half hour it still remains on my skin and at least I can smell it. It seems like a more private personal scent, I don’t think it has enough throw to catch other peoples attention. Verdict: very quaint and soft, I like it but it isn’t something I’d wear that often.

In the imp: Hey, it's the same black tea note as in White Rabbit!

Just applied: Green green grass. Very fresh, like standing on a great big just-mowed lawn. After a few moments the grass scent morphs into green tea.

After a while: A demure, light, breezy floral (there's that peony) with the tea still on in the background. It's very springlike -- it brings to mind drinking tea outdoors on a pleasant day with flowers blooming, which, given that it's a Mad Tea Party scent, makes total sense.

Verdict: This may yet make my large-bottle list -- if not this spring, perhaps next spring. A good floral for non-floral types.

Another eaten review:

Oh! It's cute! Green tea and a bit of flowery in the imp.

On, it shifts to flowery tea. Not jasmine flavored green tea, a flower like unto rose but not rose (mental note: you like peony you doofus). Sweet, yummy and not what I'd call a tea scent really. Makes me grin :P. It seems to have a fair bit of throw and be pretty strong on me. No sign of a headache. Not a tea I'd enjoy drinking, but definitely a perfume I'm enjoying wearing.

Sadly, it doesn't pass the creature test. This is a shame, because I like this one.

Kalli

this is SO much like Demeter Fragrance's Green Tea!

Very light and happy. Sort of like a very light green scent. You can still get a hint of the peony at the end, though. Not too perfumie at ALL!

Would be great for work or really summery times. Has a sort of metal tinge to it.

Sweet, almost cucumbery floral with a bit of sharpness and the Lab's tea note underneath. Definitely the white tea in Maiden is evident here. A lovely scent for Spring shading into summer. A dressy scent for a garden party with finger sandwiches and flowery hats. Not sure if I'll keep this since I already have spritzes of Muse and Siren, which are similar in feel to me.

Sweet flowers. Very mild. Girly.

This was in my first batch of imps ever from the lab, and the above is the only written impression I have of Dormouse. It was pleasant enough, but nothing about it stuck with me.

Wet: All tea and apples! It's crisp, but not too heavy.

Drydown: Mmm here comes the peony. This one's a keeper!

Wet, this is a more floral version of the green tea in Shanghai, but on drydown it turns into green tea and dryer sheets. They're very pretty, fresh-smelling dryer sheets, but there is a definite lundry quality there. This would be a lovely scent for clean clothes and bedding, but not as perfume.

Oh, well. Time to convert the imp into linen spray.

Wet, light tea. This scent is bright and fresh, and will be great for summer mornings and evenings. Very pretty!

I have really grown to love The Dormouse over the past few months. It's a great lemon tea scent with a touch of herbs. I predict this being a staple for me in the hot summer months. It lasts about an hour on me, but I put some in a rollerbottle that I can carry around and reapply as necessary. :P

In bottle: tea and peony. Not my thing at all, but not bad.

Wet: peony and a bit of sparkling fruitiness.

Drydown: crisp tea with a floral counterpoint. Still sparkling and very feminine.

Base notes: sweet floral. Sophisticated and luminous.

Overall: a really nice floral. Very feminine and sexy in a Joan Crawford way. I'm one of those foody scent fiends so I'll never wear this, but I'd buy this for anyone who really likes white florals.

In the bottle: Fruit! Fresh lemons, maybe green apples. Something herbal but nothing so distinct as to be named. Tea. Where's my peony?

Wet: I got a little bit of peony, which reassured me that I did, in fact, have a bottle of The Dormouse. It's very crisp and settling down too quickly to describe.

Drydown: This finally settled on being a lovely, bright peony and light tea. More descriptively, it's a sunny, breezy tea party with freshly-cut peonies, sugary tea and lemon cookie crumbs.

It's exactly what I thought it should be.

my. new. favorite.

Seriously, my 2 favorites thus far (aside from my heady Peacock Queen) have been Dirty and Embalming Fluid... Dormouse seems to mix the 2 together PERFECTLY! A brisk tea scent, with a sweetness... i can't stop sniffing my wrist!!

*thinks she'll be ordering a bottle with the update tomorrow* :P

Not really sure what to expect from this one, but here I go!

In the bottle: Something very green and...lemony?

Wet: Something crisp and fresh...perhaps a green apple scent? But there's an element of it that smells like bathroom cleaner to me which is very unexpected. And a really nice soft floral is in there too, but it's faint.

Dry: For a while the lemon really stood out but now it's faded. This is a rather soft scent but a clean almost refreshing one. Not entirely sure what I can compare it too...liking it so much better now than I did at the beginning!

I think I'm going to have to keep the imp and try it again to fully decide how much I like it.

in the bottle: wow, as a bpal newbie (this is only my 2nd scent) I have never smelled anything like this (in a perfume) before! The scent is very light and fresh... definitely tea and something a little floraly? I smell something almost a tiny bit peppery too... but maybe I'm crazy. Either way... so wonderful and fresh!

wet: the floral comes out more on my skin and overpowers everything else, though it's still very soft. I guess it's the peony, but I wouldn't know. Still tea, but not as much, and I don't get the slight spiciness from before. It's very green, clean, and fresh though... I like it!

dry: this is all floral, all the time. But it's a nice, soft, floral, with a tiny bit of edge, and it's not too overpowering.

overall impression: This is a lovely, soft floral on me, and though it's delightful I wish more of the tea had stayed. (I spilt a little on my desk which dried into a delightful tea that I wish I could smell more on my skin). However, it's a beautiful scent and it makes me feel like running through a field of fresh flowers. This will be great for days when I feel like being sweet and girly and I can see myself getting use from the imp this summer, though it might be nicer in spring :P

edit: I use this in my hair now and the tea stays a bit more... I love it so much that I got a bottle! Though it's not going to get much use again until it gets warmer out probably.

Edited by Natch

Dormouse starts out very lemony and fresh. It smells clean in the non-aquatic way. The lemon fades very fast and within a minute is a greener smell, more like lemon leaves. Within 5 minutes it has changed again and is a light clean smell, that is almost floral but isn't. Really nice, and this may go on my bottle list.

bottle:

sweet light floral - peony, green base (bamboo or tea green)

wet:

peony!! With a fresh green base, I know it says teas, but it's similar to bamboo.

dry:

peony and green! It's like a cross between peony moon and amsterdam!

overall:

love it!

rating: 9/10

Green, green grass with a hint of peony and just a touch of lemon peel. This is so light and refreshing! Beautiful!!!

In the imp - Smells like springtime, very green, a little herbal.

Wet - Pleasant light herbal.

Dry - Dries to smell like dried flowers, especially roses. The grassiness (that I liked) when wet fades.

Okay, going back about 20 years when I was a little kid, there was this cartoon series called "Rose Petal Place", and there were accompanying dolls to go with it that all had a light floral, rosy scent. This smells like that! I'm impressed that this opened up a memory from that long ago, but the scent of dried roses from this isn't really me.

In the imp: ooh, the same tea note from The Apothecary!

Wet: Tea tempered with light florals - a pale green smell. Stays very close to the skin.

Drydown: Tea, florals and the lightest spritz of lemon. A delicate, girly scent for spring and summer.

On the whole, delicious, light and feminine.

The Dormouse - I will admit it: I just don't like wearing tea scents. This is incredibly subtle, but when sniffed up close, when I'm paying attention, I catch the slightest trace of floral blended with the tea. As with most tea blends, I find it kind of boring. Tea just doesn't do much for me (as a fragrance that is, I drink actual tea several times a day!) I'll be passing this imp along to someone who likes tea better than I.