Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

well, i was thematically uninspired and just wore inez. mildly spicy vanilla goes with the aromas of thanksgiving foods, right? one of my fav tv chefs says vanilla is the underwear of baking... plus it calms my nerves.

we actually had a lunch/appetizer sort of party yesterday at my house, and i'm going to the big turkey day today, potluck style at a relative's house. maybe i will wear something more creative today....

Okay, so Black Friday is a holiday, right? So today I'm wearing Capricorn since it smells of Christmas tree shopping on me. I wore Fearful Pleasure yesterday. That goes all apple cider and cinnamon smelling. Yum!

Ha! I actually debated quite a while on what to wear yesterday for the family Thanksgiving get-together, glad to know I wasn't alone in my perfume-dorkiness. :P

I ended up choosing Falling Leaf Moon, but right before I left I felt it wasn't quite cozy enough, so I layered some Shub over it. The effect was perfect. :)

For Thanksgiving: Pomona during the day, Lambs-wool in the evening

For Christmas: I'll probably wear Snow White because it's been pure :wub: from the moment I tried it. For the parties, though, I might wear The Girl, Mircalla, and Mme. Moriarty.

For New Years: Probably Kumiho or Baobhan Sith. They smell so bright . . . and for some reason, I always think of a glass of golden, bubbling liquid when I smell them.

I spent ages debating yesterday what scent I should wear to be most Thanksgiving-y. In the end, I settled on my old standby, Tintagel. Sure, nothing about it screams THANKSGIVING whatsoever, but it's a comforting smell to me, so it worked.

If I owned Drink Me, I would have worn it for Thanksgiving..but because I fail at planning I wore Eat Me instead.

I spent ages debating yesterday what scent I should wear to be most Thanksgiving-y. In the end, I settled on my old standby, Tintagel. Sure, nothing about it screams THANKSGIVING whatsoever, but it's a comforting smell to me, so it worked.

For what it's worth, I do find Tintagel very festive and evocative of the big banquets halls of yore - I wear it pretty much every time I entertain guests. I think it's a great choice for Thanksgiving! :D

I wore Cake Smash on Thanksgiving because I could lol. I spent a while over my box wondering what on earth to wear and finally pulled one at random lol.

For Christmas Eve, I'm already planning on wearing Dorian again. And not drop it into the toilet bowl this time lol.

Christmas will probably be Snow White.

i was thinking about kill devil on thankstaking- it's a nice warm foody scent on me- but i ended up on milk moon :yum: seemed appropriate.

If I owned Drink Me, I would have worn it for Thanksgiving..but because I fail at planning I wore Eat Me instead.

I wore Drink Me. I thought it most appropriate given the turkey note :)

For Thanksgiving I wore Antique Lace. It's not particularly foody, but I only have an imp and it makes me think of a fancy tablecloth or nice china.

I wore Hollyberry & Mistletoe on Black Friday to kick off the holiday season!

I knew exactly what I wanted to wear on Thanksgiving, something warm and comforting. So I reached for one of my favorite scents-Thirteen from February and I got compliments all day! :wub2:

I'm headed out in just a little while (the show starts, like, now, but there's an opening band, and it only takes ten minutes to get there, so it's now time to go change and head on out since the parking can be a bit challenging) to *finally* see Wanda Jackson at a bar/club downtown-ish. I've been trying to catch one of her shows for *years*, and the planets have finally aligned. I've found that Sunbird seems to be my scent to wear to shows at this particular club. I opened the bottle to sniff it for some reason a few days ago and got hit with the need to go to a show there (conveniently, I already had my ticket to tonight's show, so I was set as far as finding a band to see there). So, Sunbird it is.

I had a hard time deciding tonight....I finally settled on CB I Hate Perfume, Fire From Heaven. Not sure why....I was considering Midnight Mass, but then changed my mind. So there ya go.

Happy New Year!!!!

I wore Gluhwein for Christmas Day,mmn delicious.

During the day of NYE I slathered on Lick It Like You Mean it to help combat the 36 degree heat.

And then Beltaine for the eve itself. Wrong holiday/celebration i know, but it felt right (and smelled delicious too)

Tonight I'm wearing Old Moon (a great winter scent!) for the big blue moon outside and for New Year's Day, it will be Mlle. Lilith, Fortune Teller.

Wearing Champagne and Roses for New Year's Eve (gah so pretty!) and planning to wear Van Van for New Years (should have been Has No Hanna, but Van Van sounds like a good choice too)

=)