Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Unveil The Grace In Thine Eyes

Orris, luminous ambergris, and golden amber illuminated by a sunlit golden musk.

Imp: Smells very clean in a high-end soap way. I also get a big hit of the orris' violety scent.

Wet: Still clean, but less soapy. I can get some hints of the other notes with the orris. A warm, syrupy tone develops. I would swear the musk is Egyptian musk as it has that slightly spicy feel that I love so much. It's very skin-close, I have to press my nose to my arm to smell it. Luckily the soapiness from the orris melds into the other notes and the blend loses the soapy vibe.

Dry: This fades so quickly! It's slightly dusty but warm and cozy and cuddly and all the things I associate with amber/musk blends. It's really beautiful. I imagine this will age very well and I hope I can pick up a bottle before it's gone.

On my skin wet: The same sunlit musk as in Bub and velvety orris. Nice.

On my skin dry: Very soft and cloudy if I hadn't known better I'd think there was white musk in this. It's a pillowy purple scent.

It does fade quickly on my wrists but sticks around a bit longer when I applied it in the hollow in between my collarbones.

I like this for the first half hour or so on my skin. The amber turns clean & powdery smelling (which I'd normally dislike), but the orris gives it a delicate sweetness and the ambergris gives it a woody spiciness that makes it wearable. It almost has a little soapiness to it that makes me think of sweet soap bubbles. Then the drydown is a little bit cloying and dark in a way that I'm not sure I love.. it sort of reminds me of play-doh and dry wood. Maybe a bit of yeasty bread as well. Weird, but I think I'll keep my decant of this one.

Edited by Little Bird

This is SO pretty. It has an comforting powderiness that is sexy but innocent at the same time. It kind of reminds me of old middle school perfumes like Love's Baby Soft and Bonnie Bell's Skin Musk - not that it actually smells like that, but has that same cuddly feel. A keeper for sure.

This scent is so wonderfully silky, soft, and deep. I smell her as Dance of Death's burial shroud-a similar creamy, musky, powdery orris, but lighter and sweeter with the ambery note that really smells white to me, perhaps because the ambergris gives it a lift... hauntingly beautiful...

Edited by lookingglass

This is really quite lovely. I'm getting salty ambergris an musk wth a hint of luminous orris. It actually smells a lot like fresh Lyonesse to me, a scent that I prefer fresh rather than aged. I like this, but I think it is too similar to Lyonesse to warrant any more.

Purchased an imp of this from a Lupercalia decant circle because I was lured in by the amber and musk notes. Don't believe I'd have recognized or been able to identify ambergris or orris.

IN THE IMP: Am guessing this is what either ambergris and/or orris smells like because it is a completely unrecognizable scent for me. I'm not sure what to think.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of one arm.

WET: Still completely alien to me. No trace of amber or musk. No idea if this is what ambergris smells like or what orris smells like or what a combination of the two smell like. Slightly creamy and very powdery and sweet but a feral sort of sweetness. Not resiny. Not spicy. Not floral. Not woody. More like plastic and mustiness.

DRYDOWN: More perfumey and high-end soap and getting more of a creamy almost-floral I can't put my finger on. Sadly, no amber or musk ever popped for me.

OVERALL: Well, I rolled the dice without paying too high a cost and came up snake eyes. No big deal. I am sure there will be people out there that love this and one I finalize my swap list, hopefully I'll find them and/or they'll find me and everyone will be happy. Into the swap pile with you, Eyes.

On a scale of 1-5, a 2.

I wanted to love this scent: it's the softest, cleanest baby powder infused with golden sunlight. But unfortunately, something sour and salty lurks beneath all the radiant warmth, kind of like stale sweat, and ruins it for me. I think it might be the ambergris. This could have been a big win, but alas, my skin chemistry just doesn't cooperate.

Warm. This is definitely a warm scent. A bit creamy, even a hint of wood? A dash of cologne. Interesting. Evocative but hard for me to place.

When I first apply this, I get dry, powdery orris mixed with something unpleasant...like the sweaty tang my Boston Terrier gets when he's in need of a bath. (Sorry!) I guess it's the musk. I've enjoyed golden musk in other blends and I do appreciate how it can be animalistic, but it's not working with my skin chemistry in this case.

After a few minutes, the sweatiness fades, and it's a nice warm, powdery, floral blend. The orris, amber, ambergris, and musk are all playing together nicely now. Unfortunately the scent has become very faint.

Starts sour, and that fades mercifully. Subtle, not a lot of throw. It’s a warm skin sort of thing.

Initial thoughts: This sounds lovely, except for my aversion to orris/iris.

When first applied, Unveil is like ambery sunlight powdered with pale purple-smelling orris. And I do mean powdered. That's part of my disagreement with orris: it smells like a powder-room poof fight.

After a few minutes, Unveil takes on a nutty, ambergris-musk tone that combines with the orris to remind me of macadamia nuts. It's an appealing smell, and less powdery than the initial wave, but still too powdery for my preference.

Weirdly, my skin eats most of this within a half hour, leaving only a faint, slightly nutty orris skin scent.