Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

Thieves' Rosin

Tested this from a 2 year-old aged imp.

Sweet ambery resins. Very sensual and musky. Best suited for cold fall and winter nights.

This was the FIRST BPAL (out of the over 200 I have tried) that I was like "Oh, hell, no! Gross! Please get it off me" upon application, but by drydown I was like "Ohhhhh yeah! This is amazing as hell!"

As for the the notes - it's hard to say. Definitely sweet - sorta honey/amber sweet, but not really. With the sweet there's something herbal/harsh sap/waxy, but when mixed, it's a magical combination!

Now, what can I steal - undetected - while smelling sooooo good?

Yes, this goes amazingly, horribly sweet on me. That said? I like it as a bedtime scent. Like, the beeswax and pine are comforting in a way I wasn't exactly expecting.

In the imp: Ah, this is the sweet, vanillic resin I get from The Mountebank.

Wet: It’s like a sweet, fluffy substance wrapped around a pine tree. Yaaaaas. It has this soft, marshmallow-like vibe to it.

Dry: This one stays true. It’s a fluffy, vanillic, beeswax-like resin scent.

Verdict: I should have tried this one much sooner! It’s lovely! I may end up needing to grab a bottle of this in the future. :wub:

i wasn't sure what to expect, but this reminds me of a sort of less-sweet beeswax scent mixed with woods. it's creamy, almost buttery and unfortunately it turns my stomach...it's SO buttery. a scrubber for me.

Edited by theseagrows

In the imp: Something sweet, almost floral, plus the more familiar sweetness of honey and beeswax. 

On my skin:

Wet, there's a moment where it's almost like pine resin; then it immediately settles back down to a more beeswax scent. As it dries, the sweetness fades, and it's savory but still smooth. I want to suggest maybe a wood note and maybe a note like olive oil, though individual notes here are really hard to place. 

This is... weird but good. It's deep and mellow. I wonder about layering it with Rogue (a relatively logical choice) or if it's too similar a scent profile (though Thieves' Rosin is much deeper). 

I love this and I'm so sad there are no notes listed!!! So let me attampt to pick out what I smell.

This is almost like Christmas. The spice blends with what comes across to me as a vanilla scented beeswax candle. There's something waxy/creamy there that I really like that keeps the cinnamon/clove from coming across as too strong. I also get something a little earthy, leather maybe? Musk?

Whatever the scents, this is just so soft and golden and mysterious. A perfect scent for a thief sneaking through dark rooms lit only by candlelight. I need to get myself a bottle soon.

Wet, this is sharper and sweeter than I expected but it's dark, too. For some reason this is reminding me of something foodie and I can't pinpoint what, something dark cranberry colored, sweet, and spiced on top of the resinous smell I was expecting. 

Dry, it's more the dark gold color I expected, with something almost smoky. A thick (buttery was a good word) woodsy honey beeswax smell

Bottle/Wet: Sharp scent of the resin and some wood, made me a little wary to put it on my skin as it smelled like something that would be caustic on skin. Strong association with an assassin poisoning their weapon.
1-6ish hours: Loses the sharpness pretty much the second it touches my skin and amps to nearly pure cinnamon.
6-10ish hours: It loses that spicy heat to go full warm waxy amber/vanilla 
12ish hours: Fades away to let a sigh of wood/musk through.

Edited by Kefliss

One of my favorites. Super sexy and spicy at first. As it dries it deepens and what I’m assuming is beeswax comes out and sweetens it to a very smooth finish. I get good throw and it lasts for most of a day on me. It’s on my “need as a bottle list”

Received as an imp. I smell resins, maybe that's copal overpowering it. Airy resins, perhaps some sandalwood in there too. Sorry, babe. This one kind of turns my stomach. :(

In the imp: Smooth resins, with a strong beeswax note. I almost want to say honey as well, but I think that's just the beeswax talking. Overall it's a mellow, burnished-gold sort of scent, almost goopy.

Wet: A lot drier; more resinous and less beeswax-y, although the beeswax is still present. The resins really are wonderful, though - smooth, mellow, and sweet, with maybe the slightest vanillic edge?

Dry: Pretty linear - turtles resins and beeswax all the way down. A softly glowing golden scent, simple and lovely on its own or great for adding warmth, depth, and coziness to other scents.