Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Satan Talks to Sin and Death

Satan Talks to Sin and Death, Gustave Doré.
Siberian musk, Tibetan musk, calla lily, bruised violet petals, violet leaf, white tea, tiare, and agarwood attar.

What a very odd scent.

Wet this smells like a funkier Snake Charmer on the top note. On, definitely a citrus-y lemon like scent (that's the tea I bet). The violet is peeking around and trying to do a little smooth bruised thing like in Nothing But Death but never quite makes it. There is definitely a high pitched tone from both the tea and the lily that is granting this a sharp tone. I really do like the violet petals when I can smell them, but this is primarily a complicated, bleak and high pitched scent full of contrasts.

The violet is like a wub-wub-wub sound thrumming around in the background.

Don't think I'll need more than this one bottle but I'll be testing it a few more times.

ETA:
Several wears of this over the past week. The dominant notes remain tea and lily, it's a lush, fresh lily, and overall this is, to me, not a purely violet perfume. It's one of these polarizing perfumes where there's plenty of plush, deep, purple notes yet they are counteracted with the higher, slightly citrussy tea and heady lilies. Both musks probably are anchoring or balancing the two but themselves are not terribly evident. This does not smell like the siberian musk single note, nor does it smell a lot like the Snake Oil / Charmer family. It's mostly a complicated floral. I like it. Considering at least one backup. Edited by Lycanthrope

Violets love me. This is why I bought this perfume. Attar of rose loves me, so does tea, and Siberian Musk. This perfume was made for me. It is a winner. All of the notes blend gorgeously on me. I can't speak enough about how gorgeous this perfume is. Satan talked to Sin and Death, it had to be a wonderful speech. It's just gorgeous. :wub2:

Violets, siberian musk, and a swirl of other florals. This is kinda resinous and musky, with the violets being the main floral.

Warm, pretty, resinous.

This scent is complex and full of contrast. The violet is very prominent, made even more zingy by the tea and lily. It's a very indolic floral, given some rich sweetness from the Siberian musk. It wears close to the skin and is both comforting, old fashioned, and sexy. I love it. It's a Spring scent I can wear, and one of my favorite BPAL violets.

Oh, I think this could have been such a lovely scent. And such a fantastic name. I got the Siberian musk single note and fell in love with it. Love musks, lily, tiare, white tea is okay.....and the violets come in and stomp everything out. :( At the end the gorgeous musks do manage to peak out, offering a hint at what could have been. Could have been so beautiful.....yeah, it's time for bed.

Violet is usually a train wreck on me, but that siberian musk is amazing, so I felt like I had to try this!

I can detect the siberian musk, barely, but this blend has a lot of bitter top notes, including the violet, which unfortunately goes plasticky as it usually does on my skin. This blend is just too sharp and not sweet enough for me. I was really hoping for more of that lovely siberian musk.

Why, Vampire Bride we meet again! Seriously this is the Vampire Bride on steroids. Violet leaf with a hint of musk, but more masculine and cool than the Vampire Bride. It doesn't have a lot of throw on my skin.

Oh joy this is fantastic...it smells like fancy lady perfume, like someone who shops at Bergdorf Goodmans and wears a lot of black cashmere...

surely not I, but I don't mind smelling like this.

The red, heavy, dark musk notes tend to be overpowering on me, so I'm surprised that this doesn't have much of that feel to it. Satan Talks to Sin & Death is more of a perfumey floral scent to me, with the bright, crisp, clean white tea as a backdrop to the florals. It turns into more of a clean, perfumey, classic floral perfume smell on my skin with not much of the darker, headshoppy feel at all.

Imp: I'm definitely getting the juicy, almost sweet feel of red musk which has to be the Siberian musk blending with some of the other notes. My guess would be the tea, at minimum.

Wet: No more red musk but I'm getting the tea note so that almost surely had to be giving me that impression in the imp. Citrusy and bright yet somehow also dusty and dry. A floral is sneaking in there somewhere. Not at all what I expected. I'm interested to see how the drydown goes because all the listed notes are generally my friends especially the musk, tea, and lily.

Dry: In the end it ends up going back to the red musk with light floral undertones. Pretty, but not me.

Lots of Siberian Musk at first, with spice. For some reason, this is reminding me of a more masculine Mircalla. Dry, the violets come out, and it becomes kind of watery violet musk. I do like violets and musk, and there are times when I like the scent coming from my wrists, and times when it just seems too weird. These violets smell a bit sour, or maybe the musk is making it so. Hmm, a confusing morpher, but I like it when the musk seems to dominate rather than the violets. I think this blend needs to settle a bit. A decant is in order, as I am intrigued.

Imp: Siberian musk! Smells a lot like Demons of the Old Class.

Wet: Siberian and Tibetan musk, presumably, lovely and deep and fuzzy and not overly sweet like red musk is sometimes on me.

Under that, tea and wood and gorgeous clean florals. A surprisingly nice combination between the soft animal musk and the incense/white florals. Like a seriously awesome dryer sheet, kind of?

Dry: Lovely fuzzy musk with a lightening hint of clean florals and soft purple incense. This is just lovely!

I know tea notes tend to disappear on me, but I was hoping to at least get a lot of musk in this blend, and maybe some of that agarwood attar. Instead, Satan just talked to Sin and Death about violets and lilies, which was not the conversation I was hoping to overhear.