Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

Pumpkin Hard Candy

I couldn't find a thread for this so here goes.

This smells like orange candy that is artificially flavored with pumpkin. And I amp the pumpkin to high heaven. So not a fan of this. This needs to be re-homed stat. AND...I just found out I spilled half of the dang imp in the bag it was in. :rasp:

i am so glad i got to unexpectedly try pumpkin hard candy! :wub2: it is warm, buttery pumpkin atop sweet citrus candy. it actually reminds me a little of pumpkin queen, but without spice and with less depth. it's very sweet, fun and light-hearted. yum!

Pumpkin Hard Candy: Dear Pumpkin, why do you hate me so? When I love your scent so much I am obsessed. I can't even detect pumpkin one little bit in this one. Not a trace. I definitely got the hard candy part right away but then it faded to fruit tarts. :(

Sweet, buttery pumpkin.. with an undertone of orange candy.

Nothing particularly impressive, unfortunately - to me, this type of buttery pumpkin has been done already in previous pumpkin-related blends so this just doesn't stand out as anything special. It's not horrible or anything - it's just.. nothing new.

Imp: Buttery pumpkin, a touch of sugar and... dust? Like... drywall? Weird.

Wet: The wet phase is a weird mishmash of buttery pumpkin and a harsher, almost chemical sugar smell. Like a drugstore brand knock off Calgon spray. Very alcohol-y.

Dry: Pumpkin Hard Candy is exactly what I expected it to be. A strong pumpkin that is true to form but not my style, over a boiled sweet sort of citrus smell. It smells exactly like a pumpkin flavoured boiled sweet.

Throw: Pretty mild, especially for a pumpkin scent.

Overall: I am not a pumpkin lover. I feel like this is a perfect approximation of what this scent is supposed to smell like, but I can't get behind wearing it myself. It will go on to live with someone who will love it more than I ever could.

Sweet pumpkin candy. Sugar, pumpkin and hints of citrus.

I actually find it quite pleasant, not too overly sweet or buttery pumpkin. In fact, this may be my favorite BPAL pumpkin blend.

Fresh, wet, pulpy pumpkin from the imp.

I got this with my Candlelight atmospheric spray order.

Wet, still frighteningly that Jack type buttery pumpkin, with a hint of that crunchy ribbon candy orange tang in the background. As it dries down, the pumpkin takes second seat to this very strong orange essential oil / juicy orange aroma. If there is sugar here it is the faint, not particularly caramelized type and is subtle, either that or flattened beneath the high heel spike of this orange diva "You are SO not America's Next Top Model!"

Overall drydown is a sweet hard candy orange with a goopy center and background of pumpkin, which is most definitely fun but not my style!

I received Pumpkin Hard Candy as a frimp from a Lab ebay auction I won.

This may sound weird, but in the imp, I don't smell pumpkin here. I smell butter, as in movie theater buttered popcorn, and orange. An artifical orange, like orange soda.

On my skin, it's still orange soda and buttered popcorn. This makes me want to go to the movies (I haven't seen a movie in a theater for at least three years), which is a feat. Or like stuffing a bunch of Jelly Belly mixed flavor jellybeans in my mouth at once and getting their Buttered Popcorn flavor as well as tangerine.

Of all the blends I've tried, this reminds me most of Great Sword of War. I also got buttered popcorn jellybeans and mandarin from that. At least it's one less rare to lust after, in case I get the urge to smell like this again. XD

I Liked it on application and when wet (it's the first time that happens with Any pumpkin blend for me) but then it just gets too citrusy, which I amp like crazy, and I had to wipe it off quite quickly cause the smell kept getting in my mouth, if that makes any sense. Too bad. It should have stayed as it was when wet. Then it would have been Win.

I received a Pumpkin Hard Candy frimp in my last order BPTP Etsy. And although I'm not a fan of pumpkin scents, this is very good. Sweet Orange hard candy. I love! wub2.gif

Also not keen on pumpkin anything, but I tried it in spite of pumpkin being a death note. On me, it is a shimmery sugary Orange. But after it dried down a quiet creamy pumpkin showed up and ruined it for me. Probably the best of the pumpkin blends I've tried but still not something I can wear.

A frimp from the lovely Sarah! :wub2: At first, I'm getting lots of orange candy and a bit of spice. This smells pretty much like an orange jolly rancher at this point. Dry, less orange, more spice, and pulpy pumpkin, though I mean this in the best way possible. The whole scent is rather sweet, though to me it's not a candy any more. I like this, but rarely wear foody scents. This kind of reminds me of Gingerbread Poppet with the addition of pumpkin and a touch of orange. Quite wearable, and I may just use up this imp on lovely fall days.

This is very similar to The Kingdom of Sweets, with a little Treat #1 thrown in. It starts off slightly-fizzy, sugary orange. Then it settles into a citrus hard candy that reminds me of Treat #1. I don't get pumpkin until drydown, and it's very subtle and not buttery like many other pumpkin blends. This is a cute, fun scent and I'm glad to have tried it.

Um, YUM! This perfectly encapsulates a pumpkin hard candy.

A fizzy, zesty autumnal pumpkin, full of pure sugar. I want to eat it.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

I was generously frimped a half decant of this from the lovely tuesday...and was so surprised! I love most pumpkin scents and thought this was one I was just never going to get to try!! Here goes:

Sniff in decant: Sweet orange-y pumpkin. Very candy like!

On Skin: Oh yum! I don't know how Beth does it, but this is really the scent of a freshly unwrapped piece of hard candy! I get more orange than pumpkin, but it is there, in the background!

Drydown: Very good...foody lovers should love this! It fades a bit to a tame citrus hard candy, but I can sniff and get orange, then sniff again and get that hint of pumpkin! Either way, it is candy....and very good. Wish this was a real candy to eat!!! :D

Frimp from eBay-er. I feel lucky to get to try it!

Wet, I get orange and sugar, with a hint of the bakery. There's a little pumpkin in the background. I don't get any spices.

As it dries, the sugar-smell is delicious and the orange is refreshing, but I never get much pumpkin. Dry, it's a little soapy. It's simple and charming, but it doesn't make me fall in love the way Beth's more complex scents do.

{rf}

Frimp from the lab.
This smells almost identical to Maison En Pain d'Epices to me "the scent of a freshly assembled gingerbread house, with swirls of multicolored icing, spice drop lights, meringue snow, pinwheel mint accernts, chocolate roof tiles, candy wafer pavers, and jelly stained glass."
It's sweet tarts candies, powdered sugar, pumpkin cream and spicy cookies.

wet: Brings to mind toffee, pumpkin spice, pumpkin pulp. This is a very nutmeg-and-cinnamon-y scent, it's just delicious and with a sweet edge to it that only comes out from beneath all of the spice. If this were a candy it would almost be savory. butter, spice and citrus.

drydown: Smells a bit like those scented candles/wreathes in the seasonal aisle at Michael's. Smells A LOT like those scented candles in the seasonal aisle at Michael's. Fortunately all that association does is fill me with nostalgia, so that's a positive, but if that weren’t my jam I could see this being pretty grating after awhile.

Syrupy sugared pumpkin hard candy. The hard candy note is very familiar if you have tried any other blends with that name: like Apple Spice or Honey. The pumpkin pulp doesn't scream artificial to me. There's no pumpkin spice but definitely sugar from the candy. 

A good comparison is pumpkin juice from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I haven't had any of that in years but this smells pretty close to it.

This is really good! But I probably won't seek out more imps of this since I've got a few pumpkins already.