Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TrevorSmith

Ameles Potamos

The River of Unmindfulness: bittersweet black water swollen with forgotten tears.

acquatic.. murky dark green tho. It reminds me of what I call plump green stems.... I imagine succulents and plush little leaves and and bigger soft stems all *taste* like this smells. I know makes no sense. And once I got that plump little green stems smell I knew I had smelled this before.

*ranian Galbanum smells like this

acquatic.. murky dark green tho. It reminds me of what I call plump green stems.... I imagine succulents and plush little leaves and and bigger soft stems all *taste* like this smells. I know makes no sense. And once I got that plump little green stems smell I knew I had smelled this before.

*ranian Galbanum smells like this

I know exactly what you mean about the green stems.

Yes, this is a salty aquatic, but the wateriness of it along with a vague botanical feeling reminds me of the water from a vase of flowers. I've had this for a while and at first it really didn't work on me. It turned into some sort of a cat pee-adjacent scent. After a few months, though, this is really a nice, somewhat straightforward aquatic with just a hint of something else along the edges adding a bit of complexity. This is very much not my kind of scent, but if you like aquatic and clean scents and are looking for something with a touch of darkness and mystery, this is for you.

In the vial: ....chlorine from a swimming pool? Okay, that can't be intentional, but it's the first whiff I got.

On the skin: super wet aquatic, like seaweed on a wet, sandy beach. But not a sunny beach; more like the Oregon coast. On dry down it got "green", so more seaweed and what I would hazard to be verbena. It smells like a hand cream that my mother has. A hand cream that I hate. I think I would like to forget this. Swap pile!

Wow--a really lovely, dark musky aquatic with a syrupy tang. The aquatic note here is salty but not overly ozone-y, just deep and dark and wet--definitely oceanic. The other notes are dark, slightly musky and a syrupy sweet herbal note. An interesting, complex blend.

In the imp: Yep, this is an aquatic all right. The scent in the imp does fit the description. I find it to be more water-like than Vial of Holy Water.

Wet: Aquatics don't tend to like my skin chemistry, and in no time at all, this one threatens to turn into soap. It isn't quite there yet, though. I would describe this as a dark aquatic, as something about this seems heavy compared to other aquatics I've tried.

Dry: This scent has a prominent floral aspect now, although I'm not exactly sure what I'm smelling.

Verdict: For once, it didn't turn into soap! This isn't really my thing, so I will be passing it onto a friend who finds aquatics to be rather refreshing in the summer heat.

I confused this with another Wanderlust that's also got a two-word name and has notes I like, so I decided to give it a little test. Normally I make sure what's in something before I test it, but I had just read about whatever that other scent was yesterday and thought this was it.

My stomach churned almost as soon as the familiar aquatic tang hit my nose. Experience has taught me to make a run for the dish detergent when I smell it. Aquatic scents are the essence of nausea in a bottle for me, no matter who makes them, and if I don't scrub them off quickly enough I'll get a migraine as well. Washing this off took two different detergents followed by a coat of jojoba oil that I used to wipe the rest of it off, so at least I can tell you that it's tenacious. :D I'm just glad I only put a little bit of it on the back of one hand.

For some reason aquatic scents are always enormously potent on me, which is another reason I can't wear them. Before washing it off I noticed that it was a loud, salty floral aquatic. There's probably ambergris in there.

If you're into salty aquatics with floral notes, then you'll probably love this.

I'm not a fan of aquatics, but I am a fan of the whole Wanderlust category, so I was excited to receive this frimp from the Lab!

Wet - Strong! Whoa. Yep, it's aquatic, which equals laundry detergent on me.

As it dries, I really get the murkiness, and something almost like Vetiver (which I've recently discovered I sort of like) It's a little smoky. Overall. this is really nice for an aquatic, and I think I'll actually keep the imp, but I'm not sure how much I'll wear it, if at all.

Green, slightly salty aquatic. Complex and nice smelling in the imp. Once it touched my skin, it turned to a generic sort of "men's cologne" smell, which is about the best I can hope for with aquatics.

I like aquatic scents in theory - they always smell rather nice, I just don't like to wear them, if that makes sense. I didn't know what to expect from Ameles Potamos (I tried it before I read all the reviews), but I've had an imp hanging around for a while and decided to finally try it this morning. It is, of course, very, very aquatic. There's that aquamarine note (that's the best way I can think to describe it) that floats over all the others that makes me feel rather ambivalent. It's not a terrible smell - in fact, I actually kind of like it - but I'm just not sure I like it for me, on my skin. Thankfully, there's also a bit of depth there, a darker, saltier note that keeps it from being straight watery. I'm not rushing to wash this off, but I don't know that it'll be a regular wear.

I did not sniff the imp when I cracked it open, since doing that tends to mess with my scent impressions after applying.

Straight into the skin it's an uber-clean "YAHSO I SMELL GOOD" . Maybe half the imp was a bit much.

It reminds me of Dirty in this stage. Dirty, but with much more to say.

After fifteen minutes it's perfect. The whole vibe of this is cold to me, but not in a calm way. It's noisy. Underneath the initial brightness there's a melancholy note that I can't place. Something reminds me of Sage, but I'm not sure if that's in there.

This is one of the only aquatics I've found that I really enjoy. It's also much less literal than many aquatics I've tried. Rather than screaming Green-Blue Fresh-a-Roo, this one uses other notes to get the point across.

Beautifully done. ❤️

On my skin, this is a salty, murky aquatic darkened, maybe, with a drop of vetiver, although that impression fades quickly on me. There's a bit of a gear or motor oil sense in this.

The saltiness grows as this dries. Not my kind of thing.

Lovely fresh, sweet water at first. It reminds me of the Waters of Notre Dame at the this point. Dry, more musky and murky along with the water. Not sweet anymore. I'm not a big fan of aquatics, but I have a couple that I like. This is more suited to warmer weather.