Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Fae Forest Atmosphere Spray

Mist-shrouded woods: Siberian fir needles, white pine bark, aspen leaf, wild lily, bergamot, wood violet, thimbleberry, sun-star, golden bell, snowdrop, heartsease, and bloodroot.

So I got a free goblin squirt of this in an order, and am not sure how I feel. On the one hand, it's not a me scent at all. It's sweet and very floral and I get almost no pine. There's almost a 'fresh woods' laundry detergent feeling about this. On the other, I can't stop huffing the little corner of my sheet that I sprayed with it, and it is extremely relaxing and soothing. I'm going to spray my pillows with it tonight, because if it helps me sleep, it's worth considering a bottle.

I. Am. Obsessed. This is exquisite, and my reaction is difficult to translate into something coherent. Every time I spray this, I can feel my mood lightening. Fae Forest takes me to my happy place, and if I could live inside of this smell I definitely would. It’s magical and idyllic and a touch secretive. Comforting and tranquil enough that I can use it for bedtime, but renewing enough that I can use it to invigorate myself for the day ahead. It breathes life into my apartment, and I feel like the scent itself has a soul. (I know I sound crazy, and that’s why I’d only admit that to you fine folks here on the forum.) It’s enchanting, and whoever compared it to Lothlorien was spot on. They’re both representations of dreamlike, mystical places where evil is kept at bay and nature's magic is free to work its essence into the trees and flowers of the forest. This isn’t the kind of scent I usually go for, but I fell for it in a big way. Yes, there’s fir and aspen. A touch of pine, too. But the true magic is in the transcendent florals that are dancing on the forest floor in the moonlight. This is delicate and gorgeous and perfect and I will never stop loving it. <3

this is a nice, fresh, clearing scent. it's a piney scent, but not overly so. there is a lemony-floral freshness mixed with the pine which adds a nice depth and rounds it out. it definitely doesn't remind me of pine trees or anything wintry, it's more springlike. i guess the citrus i'm sensing is actually bergamot. it's not really my "type" of scent, but it is nice and refreshing and cleansing.

All the atmos I kept getting in swaps and as frimps were things like Saloon # 10, and things I really wouldn't want my living space to smell like, at all. So I'd never actually sprayed any of them.

But I got a frimp of Fae Forest in my latest order, and our humidity has been so insanely high with all this rain, that Chris was complaining the sheets smelled like mildew. (They don't.) So after reading a couple of reviews for this one, I went and sprayed it over the bed, with the fan running to dissipate it. A little goes a LOOOOOONG way, but Chris won't be complaining about a mildew smell tonight, for sure! It is a light, fresh scent, as others have said, and I'm glad I tried it, though I'm still a long way from being an addict.

You know fir and pine notes are really not my jam in general..but this just smells really fresh. Like, this is what pine sol is going for but falls short of. It's a genuinely Fresh scent.

I do mostly get fir and pine! So if you despise those notes, definitely don't add this to your cart. But the other notes are all playing chorus in the background together and it does a nice job of making this pretty and light and not heavy or super masculine at all.

I'm afraid I may need a whole bottle eventually.../shakes fist. For now, however, I am gonna try to save my goblin sample for when i get done unpacking boxes and washing all the linens. Then I'll open up the window, spray this about the room, and just chill in the prettiness.

Thank you Puddin' and goblins! Never would have tried this if it hadn't come tossed in!

This is fresh, light, airy.....to me it's more a forest after the rain...has a green watery note that isn't ozone or dryer sheet (I normally do not like water type scents). If there is pine and fir in this it is blended in the most magical way.

Would be great on some flannel sheets before bed. Thanks to Puddin and the goblins for throwing it in my order! I may have to consider a bottle..

Origin: Goblin squirt tossed into my order

Initial Thoughts: The room sprays are the least-used format of divine BPAL/BPTP scent in my house - I tend to burn candles if I want a scent in the air. But if this is akin to a shot of Christmas tree I'm willing to try it.

Sniffing the Squirt: Gentle and soft pine. An interesting contrast to a lot of evergreen scents that shout "GREEN AND COLD". It definitely fits the "fae" part of the forest.

In the Air: I get the lemony impression that others mentioned, but it does not (as I feared) go to spray furniture polish. All the notes - floral, citrus, evergreen - seem to flow into each other. It's light and harmonious.

Verdict: I think I like it. I may try the sheets suggestion and see if it makes itself indispensable enough for a bottle.

I got a Goblin Squirt of this free from the Post, thanks Goblins!

This smells like...a forest! A pine forest, for sure. It's pretty much all pine, all the time, to my nose. Nice! I doubt I will use it much, but occasionally when I want my house to smell like a tree, I will pull it out!

This is beautiful! With all that pine I wasn't sure (I don't hate pine, I swear, I've just had some bad experiences), but this is the lightest, softest, sparkliest pine I've ever sniffed. It's mostly fruit and flowers--I think I'm mainly getting a bergamot/berry mix here, then the early spring flowers (definitely a cold floral), with the pine very light underneath it all. The pine notes definitely read as "white" to me, and overall it definitely lives up to its name. I'm very pleased with this and a bottle is definitely in my future.

I ordered a goblin of this from the Post because the notes sounded absolutely lovely.

First Sniff Impression: Bright, light, fruity.

Wet in Vial: I couldn't smell this one in the vial because of the spray nozzle. Wet on a blanket it's super light and bright. Effervescent.

Drying Down on Blanket: Immediately this smelled very spritely and energetic, like grapefruit or a fruit spritzer or something like that (so maybe the bergamot and thimbleberry?). Drying down some of the pine and leaves are becoming more prominent, giving it more of a forest feel than a bright field or something. The scent is pretty strong. It must be concentrated to fill a whole room. A little goes a long way.

Dry on Blanket: Fully dry it's a citrusy pine. I think next time I'd want to spray it way up in the air and let it diffuse. It was too strong sprayed all on one spot on a blanket.

Conclusion: This is a really nice scent, but it seems best for a blanket or a room during the day. I don't think it would be good on a pillow for sleep. It's too energetic.

I ordered a sample because it sounded similar to RPG Elf, one of my favorite Bpal scents, and I was not disappointed. Fae Forest is a light, piney floral scent, reminiscent of a sunny springtime forest. It's my favorite of the atmo sprays I ordered, and I'll definitely get a full size bottle when I've used up the goblin squirt!

Lots of fir and pine, sweetened with some fruits and florals. I can pick out the aspen, lily, bergamot, and violet. The result is like being in a very deep and dense northern forest in the late spring or summertime. The deep evergreens are the main scent, but the flowers and fruits give the impression of a forest with bright seasonal warmth, not of a forest where evergreens are the only things still growing. 

This is so lush, & floral, with light woods. After it settles in the room I get the impression of Fruity Pebbles. Sprayed some on the bed before putting my kid down. He fell asleep within minutes. That is rare. lol

Fae Forest is so comforting. It's everything I wanted Elf to be: sweet, soft, musky, floral, fruity, with a powerful evergreen angle. There's some musk or something in here that reads as warm sunlight. I spray it on my sheets, and I find myself huffing my bedclothes every time I come near, ha! The thimbleberry (a near relative of the raspberry) is the star for me. If you like the berry in Elf, you'll love it here. Overall, it's like an idealized scent memory of my time at summer camp as a kid. Perfect for snuggling down to sleep in. I ordered a goblin squirt, but one day I will save up enough for a bottle in an order! 

Love this! Initially, I got sweet berries and as it further dried, some of the clean woodsy notes came through. If this wasn't from the RPG line, I could have sworn it was a Yule/Winter scent. Maybe it's just similar wood notes that give me that impression.

This is mostly berries and clean woody notes, so if you are a fan of either of those this should be a hit for you!