Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rocannon

Honey and Beeswax scents

Look for blends from the LE series Paduan Killer Bees. Also there are a bunch of honey blends in the Rappaccin's apiary.

having just tried it today, Ill say that Hemlock Honey has just a tinge of green, but is a lovely all-honey when it dries

'Here to give some honey love shout out to Door!!! aaaaaand Tobacco Honey!!! aaaaaand the Lights of Men's Lives! Bzzzzzzzzz!

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet (didn't read the whole thread) but Gennivre from the Carnival is pretty much all honey on me after about 15 minutes (before that there's a little orange blossom tea going on).

Athens is strong sweet honey with fruity-aromatic notes on me. It reminded me a little of a more complex version of those flavor-infused honey straws.

Hey guys, hope you can help me out with my conundrum!

I was heavily obsessed with BPAL several years ago. I'd tried about 150 blends, and every single one that had a honey note went bad on me. This was very unfortunate as I do like the scent of honey, and a lot of the blends that didn't work for me sounded fantastic in theory. Needless to say, I learned quickly to stay away from Evil Honey.

Now, I'm getting back into BPAL, and as I put together a list of both old and new blends to try, I left out everything with Evil Honey. However, I did get an imp of No. 93 Engine, thinking the beeswax note might be safe and not actually the Evil Honey note. And lo and behold... I love it! It has a very definite scent of beeswax (which reminded me of church candles - so lovely), with a very slight hint of honey that, miraculously, didn't turn sour on me!

So my question is this: what other blends have beeswax, but not necessarily honey (or very little of it)?

And a follow-up question: what blends have light, subtle honey notes? I'd like to see if my skin chemistry has changed enough so that Evil Honey is no longer Evil on me... but I'm not sure I want to jump right into a big, thick vat of it.

Thanks for your help!

The Lights of Men's Lives! It's definitely a church-candle scent.

Have you tried the white honey note? It's not as heavy as the other ones.

I don't think so. I did see some talk about it earlier in this thread, so I'll check that out again and perhaps put one or two on my wishlist!

(Edited because I'm dumb and can't read. Haha.)

Edited by imaginepageant

2nding (3rding, 4thing, 1000thing, whatever) Lights of Men's Lives. It's seriously the perfect beeswax scent. :wub2:

2nding (3rding, 4thing, 1000thing, whatever) Lights of Men's Lives. It's seriously the perfect beeswax scent. :wub2:

This

Imaginepageant, have you tried The Lights of Men's Lives? The wax and smoke of millions upon millions of candles illuminating the walls of Death's shadowy cave: some tall, straight, and strong, blazing with the fire of life, others dim and guttering.

This is all sweet beeswax on my skin. I don't get any smoke. This is one of my favorites.

So my question is this: what other blends have beeswax, but not necessarily honey (or very little of it)?

For what it's worth, honey smells like baby powder on my skin, but beeswax stays true. So you're not the nly one to have different reactions between the two.

For recs, everyone has said Lights of Men's Lives, and I have to agree. Other than that, No. 93 Engine is the only other in the general catalog I have come across, and you have found that for yourself.

Some LE's you might want to track down:

Luperci: raw, down and dirty patchouli, Gurjam balsam, and essence of Sampson Root sweetened with the heightened sexuality of beeswax, virile juniper, oakmoss, ambrette seed over honey and East African musk. (very sexy and a bit masculine)

Saint Foutin de Varailles: Beeswax, frankincense, dried rose petals, and a dribble of wine. (this was very 'berry candle' when fresh, but has aged great - if you like rose)

Time does not Bring Relief: Parma violet and leather accord with beeswax, Egyptian musk, orange blossom, white tea, lavender, myrrh, and copal. (smells like Lights of Men's Lives + violet)

For what it's worth, honey smells like baby powder on my skin, but beeswax stays true. So you're not the nly one to have different reactions between the two.

For recs, everyone has said Lights of Men's Lives, and I have to agree. Other than that, No. 93 Engine is the only other in the general catalog I have come across, and you have found that for yourself.

Some LE's you might want to track down:

Luperci: raw, down and dirty patchouli, Gurjam balsam, and essence of Sampson Root sweetened with the heightened sexuality of beeswax, virile juniper, oakmoss, ambrette seed over honey and East African musk. (very sexy and a bit masculine)

Saint Foutin de Varailles: Beeswax, frankincense, dried rose petals, and a dribble of wine. (this was very 'berry candle' when fresh, but has aged great - if you like rose)

Time does not Bring Relief: Parma violet and leather accord with beeswax, Egyptian musk, orange blossom, white tea, lavender, myrrh, and copal. (smells like Lights of Men's Lives + violet)

THE SCHOOL!!!!!!! I got it for my BF for Xmas this past year and it is sooooooo yummy- it smells like soft, dry wood and beeswax. Remember the smell of sharpening pencils in school? Its like a hint of that mixed with the wax, it is soooo heavenly. I almost wish I kept it for myself, but I love it on him. Yum.

You could may be find Hanerot Halalu. It is my favorite beeswax blend. Really just lovely. Also if you like leather, Hand of Glory is the ultimate beeswax/leather blend!!!!

Burning Vulva and Time Does Not Bring Relief (which I see someone already mentioned) from the most recent Lupers both have a strong beeswax component. I love the beeswax note ever since I tried Lights of Men's Lives. I also agree that Saint Foutin de Varialles is a good one to try if you can find it, on me it was Lights of Men's Lives plus a very nice dusty rose note.

You could may be find Hanerot Halalu. It is my favorite beeswax blend. Really just lovely. Also if you like leather, Hand of Glory is the ultimate beeswax/leather blend!!!!

Seconding Hanerot Halalu - it is a beautiful, very simple beeswax candle scented blend.

Also, Candles Moon may seem obvious, but if you're specifically looking for candles... ;)

Seconding Hanerot Halalu - it is a beautiful, very simple beeswax candle scented blend.

Also, Candles Moon may seem obvious, but if you're specifically looking for candles... ;)

Ditto emzebel!!

Neither The School or Candles Moon worked for me. Or even smelled very much like beeswax.

My notes for The School say "there is a lot going on here. perhaps too much as my nose is a bit overwhelmed. dusty wood and pine forests are strongest to me, with a distinct peppery note. a bit cologne like on drydown. interesting, but I think to muddled for me."

And for Candles Moon I have "This sounded awesome, but ended up smelling very cologne-y on me."

Neither The School or Candles Moon worked for me. Or even smelled very much like beeswax.

My notes for The School say "there is a lot going on here. perhaps too much as my nose is a bit overwhelmed. dusty wood and pine forests are strongest to me, with a distinct peppery note. a bit cologne like on drydown. interesting, but I think to muddled for me."

And for Candles Moon I have "This sounded awesome, but ended up smelling very cologne-y on me."

I agree about Candles Moon. It ended up being very milky berry-ish but with a kind of cologne-y feel! I swapped my bottle.

I agree about Candles Moon. It ended up being very milky berry-ish but with a kind of cologne-y feel! I swapped my bottle.

I'll third that. It was very milky and berryish on me. And soapy, too, somehow.

It's a shame Chanukkiyah is so hard to get these days, as it's likely what you are looking for. (Olive oil, beeswax, glowing amber, sweet sufganiyot, pomegranate, and fig.) In my experience it's mostly candles.

I'll third that. It was very milky and berryish on me. And soapy, too, somehow.

Skin chemistry is such a funny thing - I am wearing Candles Moon today and while I can see how it could turn cologne-y, it is very light honey-beeswax on me and not much else.