Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rocannon

Honey and Beeswax scents

My #1 scent right now is Cairo. It doesn't specify "honey" in the description, but since honey is used to make Kyphi, I'm pretty sure that it's in there and it does smell like it to me :P

It's been mentioned a few times, but I simply must put in my two cents for Bengal. My boyfriend, who has no memory, and almost no sense of smell, always remembers Bengal as the perfume that smells like the honey mix I use when I make baklava. Just a decadent honey smell that always makes me feel wrapped in warmth.

Lana

Did you guys notice the honey in Gennivre? That scent worked really well on me, but I can't tell why. I'm wondering if it is the honey that smelled so nice and sweet on me.

Edit: It looks like some of you did. What do you think would be a similar honey type scent? I just loved Gennivre to death.

Edited by Nidaba

Going to repeat La Petite Mort -- it's everything O promised and failed to deliver for me. Mmm, sexy honey.

Also seconding Blood Kiss -- it's a very rich vanilla-honey on me after settling for a bit (and my imp differs from my bottle in that there's a longer sharp wine/vetiver stage to get through before the drydown, which also seems... deeper).

I only recently realized how much I love BPAL honey scents... honey = <3!

Yet another vote for Hetairae -- I thought that it was very nice, and I'm not really a big one for honey scents generally.

Going to repeat La Petite Mort -- it's everything O promised and failed to deliver for me. Mmm, sexy honey.

Also seconding Blood Kiss -- it's a very rich vanilla-honey on me after settling for a bit (and my imp differs from my bottle in that there's a longer sharp wine/vetiver stage to get through before the drydown, which also seems... deeper).

I only recently realized how much I love BPAL honey scents... honey = <3!

I liked the smell of O, but it turned into baby powder on me, is La Petite Mort prone to the powder stage as well?

Blood Kiss works well on me. It smells like cough syrup for a moment, but then dries into a really nice cherry-vanilla-honey scent.

I discovered La Petite Mort near the beginning of my BPAL days and I've loved it ever since and haven't gotten so much as a trace of baby powder from it. I think the baby powder some people get from O is coming from the amber, which can turn powdery on a lot of people.

On me, O is nearly pure honey, but a raw, musky honey that until recently (I'm still thinking it was the aging that did it) I couldn't stand. Now, it seems softer, though still musky, and still mostly honey until it dries down to a gorgeous honey amber that has only the slightest hint of powder from time to time.

I adore Honey Moon and recently bought a bottle of it ( :P ).

Alice was another early favorite, though I don't smell the honey in it except as a sweetness in the milk. (Also, it helps that the rose is drowned out by the carnation and bergamot, but that's neither here nor there.)

Dana O'Shee is like oatmeal with milk and honey and is one of my favorite bedtime scents.

Sudha Segara is my other favorite bedtime scent, but, as with Alice, I don't really smell the honey so much; it's more like sweet milk.

Tiger Lily smells like Love's Baby Soft to me. I don't know why, but it makes me sad.

The fig and patchouli in Hetairae take over so that I can't smell the honey and ylang ylang, which also makes me sad.

Blood Kiss smelled like spicy cocoa plus cigarette butts on my skin. Not sad, grossed out!

Oh, and Sed Non Satiata smells weirdly perfumey on me. It does resemble LPM, though, like a more mature version.

Bengal doesn't smell like honey to me at all. Is there honey in that?

I think the other scents mentioned all have deal breaker notes like jasmine or orange blossom or rose.

Edited by Dymphna

*snip*

Blood Kiss smelled like spicy cocoa plus cigarette butts on my skin. Not sad, grossed out!

*snip*

Oh my, that made me laugh so hard. Wow. That is another one to add to the bad suggestions thread. Cocoa and cigarette butts. :P

Ahem...

I just tried Queen of Sheba, hoping for lots of honey, but it was almond and soap on me. =/

I have imps of Sudha Segara and Hetairae on order so maybe they will work for me.

I will give O another chance I think. I spilled my imp the day I got it. =/ So it may have turned powdery because so much got on me. Which was a shame, I loved the scent wet.

Yep, Queen of Sheba was viciously strong almonds on me.

Good luck with O, I hope it works for you this time. I had to try it a few times before it would behave so maybe if it doesn't smell good to you at first, you could try putting it away and trying it every month or two to see how/if it's changed.

For LEs I would add The Masque and Luperci. Luperci has beeswax listed as the note but it smells like a river of honey on my skin. I love the Masque and Luperci but nothing is as pure a honey to me than Honey Moon.

Bengal's sweetness is very honey-like. And oooh, it is spicy sex.

Hey! You stole my line :P

From bengal I get a Honey + spice...litterally spices. Like the spice Isle from the grocery store, where you smell the ginger, pepper and lots of other things....Plus a warm honey smell on top. :D

O - the honey was way overpowered by vanilla and "sweet"

Honey Moon - Lots of Honey + Heavy Jasmine. If you don't like Jasmine you might not like it. I think the result ends up smelling like Honeysuckle...but again...the jasmine is very strong!!!

Queen of Sheba - yeah...the honey was overpowered by almonds - sweet almonds like marzapan :D

Okay...that's it :)

I'm wearing Hymn to Proserpine and it smells like it has honey in it on me. I'm not sure if that is one of the actual scents in it or not, but it has that same sweet note I normally smell in honey blends. It is very nice.

Khajuraho was really nice on me, but it didn't smell that much like honey.

Thank you so much to everyone that suggested Hetairae! That has now become one of my favorite scents! It is all honey and spice on me and it is fantastic! (Wet it was kind of icky perfumey though)

I'm still searching for my perfect honey scent, I really wanted to love Honey Moon, but it didn't work for me :D, I swear Jasmine is the bane of my existence. :P

The Death of Sardanapal!

Honey is one of the notes, but on me it was sheer, pure mesquite honey all the way. Unfortunately I don't like honey :P but out of all the honey scents this was the most realistic to me......

I only did a quick scan through the posts, but I don't think Horreur Sympathique was mentioned. I hated it the first time I tried it, but love it now. It's got a really lovely honey dry down on me. :P

I just got an imp of Honey Moon, but I haven't tried it yet. However, it smells so wonderful on my roomate that I can understand why people shell out so much money for it!

However, O went horribly wrong on me and I'm afraid Honey Moon will do the same. So it's sitting in my box... looking at me... :P

Honey is one of the few sweet notes I like - I'd recommend Hetairae and Gennivre. Very different but both :P honey.

I only did a quick scan through the posts, but I don't think Horreur Sympathique was mentioned. I hated it the first time I tried it, but love it now. It's got a really lovely honey dry down on me. :P

Oh, I completely forgot about Horreur Sympathique! I love it in the locket!

Another honey fan here. O is my favorite BPAL scent of all time (not counting Honey SN, which, if I could get more of it, I would prolly wear it six times a week).

Just posting to thank those who mentioned Gennivre. I didn't think I liked it, but your comments made me try it again. I am sniffing now and am rather intrigued.

I didn't search the post... but I'm wearing Et Lux Fuit and I get a lovely honey dry down.

Its mingles so perfectly with the other fruit notes.

I love it.1