Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mineralgirl

Marshmallow Pumpkin

Marshmallow goo and pumpkin pulp! And yes – this, too, is vegan!

buttery and creamy. this is maybe more like pumpkin pie with whipped topping, to my nose! a gooey, creamy pumpkin spice scent, very foody, with a creamy vanilla component. it dries down to a light, pleasant spice, and is one of the rare foodie scents that doesn't go all plasticky on me.

In bottle: marshmallow straight from the fire.

on me: Oh my Godliness!Uhm I mean Beth... this scent is a dream coming through. I have swapped away many of my cake-scents recently. Like Cake Smash, Lilith`s tea party. Those were not good on my skin so they remained unused. This scent is cake but in a perfume way, on me it is sweet as pink musk, but in a super-sophisticated way.

I love it.

I bought this for my son who once composed a Mother's Day poem for me that included the line, "My mother is as squishy as a marshmallow." Maybe not the most flattering ode to me, but touching, considering how much that boy loves marshmallows. He likes this oil very much, but it doesn't work so well for me. The pumpkin here is so... vegetably. It seems at odds with the sweetness of the marshmallow. As it dries down, it smooths out a bit, but there's still something unpleasant lingering underneath the marshmallow and spices.

I can smell fresh pumpkin in here, and sweet powdery marshmallows. Once again, cinnamon red hots turn what could have been an amazing blend into a craft-store Halloween candle.

In vial: Buttery, sugary, creamy.

Wet: Spicy pumpkin & a light touch of creaminess. Maybe more like whipped cream than marshmallows. Light & fluffy~

Dry: I didn't expect the spices, I can definitely understand the pumpkin pie thing people are getting. The sweetness fades rather fast for me, leaving just spices and a bit of pumpkin.

Verdict: Ultimately, I get pumpkin pie flavored Cool Whip (is that a thing? it should be). Nice, but not particularly swoon-worthy for me.

Sniffed: Delicious pumpkin laced with sugar -- light, sweet, and fluffy.

On skin: On one hand, warm, nutty, delicious pumpkin as I'd taste in American pumpkin pie. On the other hand, fluffy, billowy (but not saccharine) sugar that really smells like a marshmallow! Put together, the fluffy marshmallow subdues the rich foodiness of the pumpkin note, and gives it an airy, buoyant lightness. Both notes balance each other out perfectly, but they don't entirely blend together, only sit closely next to each other. This juxtaposition is not unpleasant, but is not entirely harmonious either -- and this makes for quite a fascinating scent combination.

Verdict: This is definitely a marshmallowed pumpkin! (Or is it pumpkin-laced marshmallow?) It's a fine specimen of BPAL artistry -- I'm amazed at how this smells just like real pumpkin and real marshmallows. Nevertheless, I'm not entirely fond of the contrast between the two notes, and since I already have a favourite pumpkin in Blue Pumpkin Floss, Marshmallow Pumpkin will be going.

I bought this a long time ago and I found it too cloying, so it languished in my swaps. I got a mini of the bath oil from a lovely switch witch. I like the bath oil and the perfume oil is growing on me. It is light and sweet. Perhaps it just needed to age a few years.

Edited by Megank4

I was really looking forward to this - how could a pumpkin and marshmallow blend be anything but sweet autumnal perfection?

Well, if you amp the spices in this blend to high heaven like I do, it's anything but. Spice is all I can smell, in fact. No pumpkin, no marshmallow. Just cinnamon plastic Red Hots. After 8 hours or so, a little bit of marshmallow starts to peek through, but it's not worth the wait. Drat.

At first application, it's a heavenly mix of spiced pumpkin and powdered sugary marshmallows. Love at first sniff! After awhile, the marshmallow does fade out some, and you're left with a very cinnamony pumpkin. Mostly cinnamon, in fact! If you're a fan of Chimera or Pickled Imp, this is for you. Since I own those blends already, I'm not sure I need another cinnamon blend. But, because of that amazing marshmallow, I probably do need this.

In the bottle: sweet pumpkin

On my skin: mainly sweet pumpkin and very little marshmallow

Drydown: The marshmallow comes out a little more in the drydown and its sweet and lovely. I love marshmallow scents! But the pumpkin is still there almost over powering my sweet marshmallow. It's definitely foodie and yummy but I wish it was a little stronger and had more throw too. It didn't last very long either on my skin. But it is yummy. :yum:

Swapped for this one....very glad I did!

In bottle - I can smell sticky pumpkin! Like gooey, creamy, marshmallow covered pumpkins!

On skin - OOh, this is nice. I do amp some sort of cinnamon like note as someone mentioned above, but it isn't overpowering.

Drydown - After a bit, the "cinnamon" or "spice" vibe I get mellows and then I can smell the yummy pumpkin with the teeny hint of marshmallow. I am so glad I got this. I was hoping this would be a nice, sweet-ish pumpkin and not vegetable-y, and it is. It stays close to my skin and it is very sweet and yummy, but low throw. Just right! So glad I was able to get this!!!

In the bottle: Far more spiced pumpkin forward than the bath oil of the same name, I think. But I do get a fair amount of sticky marshmallow goo, too!

Wet: Yep, this is way more spiced pumpkin on me than marshmallow. It's so cinnamon-y, that it reminds me of cinnamon candy, like Red Hots. The marshmallow is present, but in the background, adding its gooey sweetness to the very cinnamon-forward scent. I have sensitive skin, but fortunately, this one hasn't burnt me yet.

Dry: I didn't get to pay close attention to this all evening due to pumpkin carving, but several hours later, the marshmallow ends up being the dominant note, so that it's mostly sweet marshmallow goo with the spices from the pumpkin note in the background. I prefer this phase.

Verdict: I'm surprised at how much more heavily spiced this is than the bath oil, but the marshmallow I know and love came out more during the dry phase, so I'm glad to have a bottle! Thanks to my lovely Witch for getting this for me!