Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The smell of smashed gourds and seventeen-thousand football-frenzied ghouls tanked up on Kadathian Spiced Black Tar Cacao Lager.

Lets see.... I smell chocolate, hint of some kind of pepper/spice, and something slightly boozy. If this was a baked good, I would be scarfing it down right about now!

Quite a bit of throw! Wow! Nice blend and definitely my favorite of the Underworld blends!

In the Bottle - Straight up milk chocolate covered cherry cordials--kept in a warm box. Absolutely rich, milk chocolate with a cherry-almond head. It literally made my mouth water.

On the Skin, Wet - The same delicious, desserty scent. The chocolate became more earthy, like dark chocolate covered cherries, once wet and on the skin. The cherry-almond sweet filling is still triumphant.

After 10 minutes - Chocolate has definitely become dark chocolate, with a cherry filling. The sense of warmth I got, which reminded me of slightly melted chocolate covered cherries in a box, is clearly being generated by a touch of warm aroma, possibly ginger or cinnamon. Delightful in every way. If I walked into a room, people would think I had brought dessert.

After an hour - Just delightful. The "wetness" of the aroma has become chocolate cherry gingerbread--a baked good, instead of a cordial.

Next morning - left it on overnight. This morning, it was a rich fudge brownie with hint of cinnamon.

This is shaping up to be a serious favorite.

Wet, this is rum ball chocolate, really quite icky, and plus the fact that this particular imp leaked over my others stuff it is double ick. So on, it is a different story. A lovely, spicy blend, with a touch of milk chocolate. It is actually reminiscent of some of the 13 blends. I like this, but I think the imp will suffice when I want to wear some foody chocolate.

This really reminds me to the April 07 13 blend. I get chocolate and loads of chai tea spices. I would even go to say that the lager is made with OATS as opposed to traditional hops because I get a powdery/oatmeal smell underneath the chocolate and chai tea spices.

Yummy, but it makes me ultra hungry.

bottle: mmm chocolate

wet: whoa - beer! I love beer but definately do not want to smell like beer especially at work - with beer there is still lots of chocolate so this reminds me of some crazy flavoured dark beer

dry: thank god beer fades to the background though it still is there and chocolate is here to stay: it is delicious and spicy

this is really fun scent after i get over that beer smell so need to try this at different occasions - for office this was probably bit too foody as i graved for something sweet whole day what i usually do not do

This is awesome!

In the bottle I get a thinner version of Dark Chocolate and Pepper-smoked caramel. Much more spicy though.

Wet on my skin its all cinnamon and a hint of chocolate and yeast. When I say yeast, it is totally faint, but adding to the beer feel.

Dry this is really lovely. Someone mentioned chai spices, and I have to agree. This is chocolate and chai lightly lingering on my skin. Light to moderate throw, and pretty modest lasting time. Happy that I tracked down a bottle of this as it is going to get some serious use.

Very very cinnamony! This almost made my stomach turn when I first put it on - it's that strong wet - so use sparingly. After the "in your face" cinnamon, I started to get a pastry-bakery note, and it basically started to remind me of the smells of Christmas - the cookies and baked goods but mostly gingerbread cookies right out of the oven. This just was too overwhelming for me unfortunately and just didn't work on my skin. Thankfully, there are gingerbread-type scents that I like so much better. :ugh:

In the Bottle: Chocolate and cinnamon

Wet on Skin: Cinnamon goodness, chocolate and the pumpkin/beer start to creep out and mix and...

This scent smells like a chocolate version of the corn farina my abuela used to make us in the morning with a hit of funk to keep it from getting too foody. I'm guessing it's the cinnamon and the cereal aspect of the beer tempered by ghoul funk and yeast that make this amazing.

It has THROW! AND LONGEVITY?! DANG!

This is by far my FAVORITE scent EVER.

Something went horribly, and I mean HORRIBLY wrong with me on this one :( Everybody's descriptions sound so good but they're nothing like what my skin was doing. I get overpowering, deadly smelling plastic and chemicals. It was bad news. This is probably the worst a bpal has ever turned. Damn the hooligans! I had to scrub and scrub to get this guy off.

Ooh, spiced chocolate! And... something really unpleasant underneath. I like the chocolate enough to consider giving it another try, but I think El Dia De Los Reyes already fulfills my spicy-chocolate needs, so this'll go to swaps.

When I first put this on, it smelled exactly like DOUGH. Like if you were making rolls or bread or something from scratch, and you ate some of the dough. Very unmistakably that exact scent. I swear I smell yeast rising when I sniff it. It kept smelling like dough, but then the cinnamon came out, strongly. After, oh, an hour or so, it smelled more like some sort of cinnamon roll. I guess there's supposed to be cocoa in this, but the spice is so strong on me that I can't really tell.

I like foodie scents. Big fan of the ones that smell like cookies and cake. But dough? Hm. Not sure on that one. It smells great, I'm just not sure it's what I really want in a perfume. I'd be all over it as a room scent in my kitchen, though.

When I first put this on, it smelled exactly like DOUGH. Like if you were making rolls or bread or something from scratch, and you ate some of the dough. Very unmistakably that exact scent. I swear I smell yeast rising when I sniff it. It kept smelling like dough, but then the cinnamon came out, strongly. After, oh, an hour or so, it smelled more like some sort of cinnamon roll. I guess there's supposed to be cocoa in this, but the spice is so strong on me that I can't really tell.

I like foodie scents. Big fan of the ones that smell like cookies and cake. But dough? Hm. Not sure on that one. It smells great, I'm just not sure it's what I really want in a perfume. I'd be all over it as a room scent in my kitchen, though.

This. Almost exactly. The dough is a way big turnoff for me. Just no, something about it almost turns my stomach.

In the imp, this is almost sickeningly sweet weird chocolate (maybe the weird sweetness is the gourds?), and then I detect something wheaty that I assume is the lager.

Freshly applied, the sickening sweetness immediately dissipates, and cocoa and spices become more prominent, not too sweet but still a little funky. It might be my imagination, but I get a hint of sweet vegetal fleshyness that makes this blend sit ever so slightly wrong.

Once dry, the funk tames down into cooked pumpkin that rounds out the cacao, and the cacao becomes dusty cocoa, and it’s joined by spices (cinnamon, clove, dry ginger, allspice) and the tiniest bit of pitch. These deepen and darken and dry out and meld with the dusty cocoa. Once completely dry, Ghoul Hooligan smells like pumpkin pie spice! And the faintest hint of something wheaty or oaty. It gives off a far-flung (across the room) but nonetheless light throw of dusty spicy cacao.

Verdict: Ghoul Hooligan is warm and comforting, reminiscent of Pickled Imp but with cacao instead of vanilla. I like it more and more as I keep catching whiffs... it’s delicious but not overwhelmingly sweet. :yum:

Hot chocolate and gingersnaps. Tasty! Spicy and sweet foodie scent. I meant to just test it, but ended up accidentally slathering, and so I kept getting hit with the most delicious wafts of alternating hot chocolate and gingersnaps...

Bummer. This is another cinnamon scent that I have a bad physical reaction to (red welts anyone?). I guess I'm not too heart broken because my ultimate favorite "Mexican Hot Chocolate" scent is still El Dia De Los Reyes, but still this was nice.

In Bottle: Unaccountably wonderful in the bottle. I love the spices with the cacao. The lager turns out to be a pleasant grainy note rather than nasty beer on skin as I was worried it might be. The gourds are crisp and go surprisingly well with both spices and cacao. Wet: Eve better on my skin, the dominant spices and cacao are rich and wicked, the grain and gourds are soft and well blended. I’d call the spices cinnamon dominant, with a mix of pumpkin pie spices, likely a little clove and nutmeg. Basically, this is very Mexican hot chocolate, which is fine by me. Dry: Mostly cinnamon with a touch of grain.

In Bottle: Unaccountably wonderful in the bottle. I love the spices with the cacao. The lager turns out to be a pleasant grainy note rather than nasty beer on skin as I was worried it might be. The gourds are crisp and go surprisingly well with both spices and cacao. Wet: Eve better on my skin, the dominant spices and cacao are rich and wicked, the grain and gourds are soft and well blended. I’d call the spices cinnamon dominant, with a mix of pumpkin pie spices, likely a little clove and nutmeg. Basically, this is very Mexican hot chocolate, which is fine by me. Dry: Mostly cinnamon with a touch of grain.

This is unsweet cocoa powder with ginger(the one from shub). It has a nutty spicy powdery scent, like if I mashed peanuts and redhots together. I was hoping for a sweeter smoother chocolate scent. No smashed gourd scent which is usually buttery on me. I don't think I'll wear it often, but I'll keep my imp and wear it in the fall.