Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

non_boingy, from your post, it sounds like we have a great deal in common! As I was reading your self-description, two ideas came to mind - not sparked by any one trait in particular, but as general impressions.

The first is Abhisarika from the 2007 Faces of the Heroine (Lupercalia) update. The description of "radiant with youthful innocence" is what brought it to mind, I think, as there is a sense of joy from your post that seems to match this scent, which is unique and delicately feminine (without conveying any stereotype like 'weak' or helpless').

The second is Hanerot Halalu from the 2008 Yule update. There is an archetypal feeling to this one, a sense of sanctity that transcends religion or culture, like the essence burning at the heart of the flame. Perhaps this would appeal to you because of your discovery of truth in many languages, traditions, and places.

Also, spiralmissy, yours was the first post I saw on this page, so I assumed it was the most recent one and read through it before seeing that you'd already been answered. The impression I had immediately from you was Khandita from the same Faces of the Heroine update. The scent conveyed - to me, when I wore it - a sense of passionate strength and smoldering, righteous opposition. I see now, looking at the notes, that it's also heavy on the saffron...

All of these recommendations are LEs, but the two Heroines are currently available on the Lab's Etsy site, and Hanerot is usually not too hard to find. :)

Edited by Reedsong

I am very honest, a bit overly aggressive, blunt, deeply loyal, analytical, introverted but not timid, unafraid of conflict and persistent to a fault. I enjoy passionate but reasoned debate a great deal. I am extremely open-minded and try to regularly challenge my preconceptions and beliefs.

I am an avid reader. Fantasy, science fiction and horror make up the bulk of my favorite fiction, however, I am also slightly obsessed with anything related to Sherlock Holmes. I have an intense, burning curiosity that drives me to do a great deal of independent studying. Though I find people in the concrete generally uninteresting, I find them to be extremely fascinating in the abstract. Psychology, cognitive science, and neuroscience are all interests of mine. I also enjoy computer science, and am currently learning to program in Ruby. I dabble in mathematics as well. I am also extremely creative and imaginative to the point of being a bit spacey. I enjoy writing poetry and fiction, as well as playing the keyboard.

My favorite genre of music is metal. I absolutely adore symphonic metal, power metal, and folk metal. Other music genres I like include classical, blues and jazz, dark cabaret, goth rock, folk music, a bit of punk, and some dark wave. Though I am irreligious and a naturalist, I occasionally play around with occult stuff for giggles. I don't see it as anything but a mind-hack. I am a tad bit vain and enjoy making myself look attractive. Most days, I wear a trench coat, a button down shirt, black jeans, and black boots. I feel that I look best when people struggle to work out my gender. I consider myself to be culturally punk and culturally nerdy. My favorite beverages include earl grey tea, green tea, mint tea, rosewater, and hot chocolate. I'm 5'4" and small built, with shaggy black hair, dark eyes and pale skin.

I am very honest, a bit overly aggressive, blunt, deeply loyal, analytical, introverted but not timid, unafraid of conflict and persistent to a fault. I enjoy passionate but reasoned debate a great deal. I am extremely open-minded and try to regularly challenge my preconceptions and beliefs.

I am an avid reader. Fantasy, science fiction and horror make up the bulk of my favorite fiction, however, I am also slightly obsessed with anything related to Sherlock Holmes. I have an intense, burning curiosity that drives me to do a great deal of independent studying. Though I find people in the concrete generally uninteresting, I find them to be extremely fascinating in the abstract. Psychology, cognitive science, and neuroscience are all interests of mine. I also enjoy computer science, and am currently learning to program in Ruby. I dabble in mathematics as well. I am also extremely creative and imaginative to the point of being a bit spacey. I enjoy writing poetry and fiction, as well as playing the keyboard.

My favorite genre of music is metal. I absolutely adore symphonic metal, power metal, and folk metal. Other music genres I like include classical, blues and jazz, dark cabaret, goth rock, folk music, a bit of punk, and some dark wave. Though I am irreligious and a naturalist, I occasionally play around with occult stuff for giggles. I don't see it as anything but a mind-hack. I am a tad bit vain and enjoy making myself look attractive. Most days, I wear a trench coat, a button down shirt, black jeans, and black boots. I feel that I look best when people struggle to work out my gender. I consider myself to be culturally punk and culturally nerdy. My favorite beverages include earl grey tea, green tea, mint tea, rosewater, and hot chocolate. I'm 5'4" and small built, with shaggy black hair, dark eyes and pale skin.

Since your personality seems to have a mix of hard/concrete and creative/whimsy, I feel like Absinthe's mix of uppers and downers would mirror that duality well. Black Rider also comes to mind from your description of your style and musical tastes. Tavern of Hell has a nice gender neutral complexity that would probably suite you. And I think Juke Joint, Apothecary, Black Cat, and Penny Dreadful would fit you nicely as well.

Absinthe: An intoxicating blend containing wormwood essence, light mints, cardamom, anise, hyssop, and the barest hint of lemon

Black Rider: Black leather, oppoponax, tobacco, and black amber

Tavern of Hell: White gardenia, ambergris bouquet, lavender fougere, orange blossom, melissa, tobacco flower, coriander, ebony wood, ylang ylang, absinthe and aged whiskey

Juke Joint: Kentucky Bourbon, sugar and a sprig of mint

Apothecary: Tea leaf with three mosses, green grass, a medley of herbal notes, and a drop of ginger and fig

Black Cat: (no notes listed, but most reviews mention rose, spices, herbs, and mint)

Penny Dreadful: Soft perfume evocative of noir heroines over rich red grave loam

I'm very new to BPAL and thought this would be super fun and a really good way to find some scents. (P.S. My skin heightens sweetness in perfumes, so nothing too sweet like sugary, I like floral sweetness though. :wub2: ).

I'm sorry I can't contribute any rec's, but once I get my first imp pack, I'm planning on coming back to this thread and giving some rec's, since I think this is a REALLY fun and good thread!

Let's see... I'm sort of a confusing person to myself....sometimes I think I have a slight split personality disorder. :lol:

I'm described by others as the "nicest person" because I love to be helpful and make people happy/ feel good about themselves. For example, when I see a women or even a man I find beautiful/attractive, I'll tell them that, even if I don't know them haha. I just hope it makes there day a little better! I know when people say that to me, I always feel very pleased.

I'm a straight female, not that this really matters, and am VERY feminine.

In life, relationships, friendships, and, ahem, sexually :yum: I am an extremely submissive person.

I'm always told I'm "old beyond my years". I'm very smart, yet bored easily and therefor don't always try my hardest in schooling. Despite this, I get only A's and B's. Twice, I've gotten a C. I'm very emotional and sensitive, I'm an "empath", and therfor get overwhelmed by emotions often and sort of... breakdown. I am clinically depressd, however I've been seeing a psychiatrist and taking anti depressets for about... a year and a half? Yeah, or something along the lines. It's been a LOT better.

I have a morbidity to me. I love death... haha that sounds creepy. OOH and I love creepy things, although, I'm bad with horror. I adore spiders and find things people think are unlucky, lucky. I think death is only a part of life and is very healthy. I'm very shy and socially anxious when I don't know people. Once I know people though, my weirdness (I am sort of ditzy and very daydreamy-- to the extent that I've been asked If I'm high often, although I never have down drugs haha), and my talkativeness comes through. One of my faveorite things to do is hang out at home, play video games, draw manga, and watch youtubers like Markiplier, Pewdiepie, Cryoatic, Seananners, ect.... I'm very introverted, and NEED time to recharge or else I freak out. I love to sleep, write, and read. I'm very into the metaphysical, and half the time I want to be a psychiatrist because I understand emotions well and think that everyone is crazy deep down, and half the time I want to be a singer, writer, or someone who helps police solve crimes based on the age of the victams body, ect.... Whenever I tell people that, they're always suprised becuase I come across as sweet, innocent, and adorable. Also, I'm very sexual and whenever I say something about sex people are very suprised (unless they know me well). I have about 7 most trusted friends, and lots of friends who are both male and female. I am vain, but not to the point of narcissm or arrogance, I just think I'm gorgeous sexy ect.. and I think everyone should be somewhat overly confident because EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL! I've never met an ugly person. :) I have a very vivid imagination and am very intuitive. For example, my dad once said "Guess what?" and I replied, knowing I was correct, "Auntie Sarah's pregant!!! :D" He was like wtf hahaha... alright so any rec's would be great, I'm sorry for such a long reply, I just wanted to show the many facets of my personality.

OH YEAH!! I'm also an Aquarius sun, libra rising, taurus moon, and have lots of aquarius on my chart.

I am lookwise:

Brown, blond streaked, hair (natural, turns blond with the sun). 5'5'', blue yes that "look like the ocean" as one of my bff's says, I am active and in a weigthliftijg class, but am soft and composed of curves! I have a body like christina hendricks, with smaller breasts (c cup) and Bee Warren. I am hourglass shaped. UMMM.....O and I self identify as a mermaid! :D I think my soul is a mermaid and a siren becauses I love to sing and my afformentioned friend said when I sing my "mermaid song" (humms and oohs) I sound like whales she heard in Hawaii, in a good way haha.

Okay well yeah sorry it's long idk ahhh

THANKS IN ADVANCE :wub2: !!!

I'm very new to BPAL and thought this would be super fun and a really good way to find some scents. (P.S. My skin heightens sweetness in perfumes, so nothing too sweet like sugary, I like floral sweetness though. :wub2: ).

I'm sorry I can't contribute any rec's, but once I get my first imp pack, I'm planning on coming back to this thread and giving some rec's, since I think this is a REALLY fun and good thread!

Let's see... I'm sort of a confusing person to myself....sometimes I think I have a slight split personality disorder. :lol:

I'm described by others as the "nicest person" because I love to be helpful and make people happy/ feel good about themselves. For example, when I see a women or even a man I find beautiful/attractive, I'll tell them that, even if I don't know them haha. I just hope it makes there day a little better! I know when people say that to me, I always feel very pleased.

In life, relationships, friendships, and, ahem, sexually :yum: I am an extremely submissive person.

I'm always told I'm "old beyond my years". I'm very smart, yet bored easily and therefor don't always try my hardest in schooling. Despite this, I get only A's and B's. Twice, I've gotten a C. I'm very emotional and sensitive, I'm an "empath", and therfor get overwhelmed by emotions often and sort of... breakdown. I am clinically depressd, however I've been seeing a psychiatrist and taking anti depressets for about... a year and a half? Yeah, or something along the lines. It's been a LOT better.

I have a morbidity to me. I love death... haha that sounds creepy. OOH and I love creepy things, although, I'm bad with horror. I adore spiders and find things people think are unlucky, lucky. I think death is only a part of life and is very healthy. I'm very shy and socially anxious when I don't know people. Once I know people though, my weirdness (I am sort of ditzy and very daydreamy-- to the extent that I've been asked If I'm high often, although I never have down drugs haha), and my talkativeness comes through. One of my faveorite things to do is hang out at home, play video games, draw manga, and watch youtubers like Markiplier, Pewdiepie, Cryoatic, Seananners, ect.... I'm very introverted, and NEED time to recharge or else I freak out. I love to sleep, write, and read. I'm very into the metaphysical, and half the time I want to be a psychiatrist because I understand emotions well and think that everyone is crazy deep down, and half the time I want to be a singer, writer, or someone who helps police solve crimes based on the age of the victams body, ect.... Whenever I tell people that, they're always suprised becuase I come across as sweet, innocent, and adorable. Also, I'm very sexual and whenever I say something about sex people are very suprised (unless they know me well). I have about 7 most trusted friends, and lots of friends who are both male and female. I am vain, but not to the point of narcissm or arrogance, I just think I'm gorgeous sexy ect.. and I think everyone should be somewhat overly confident because EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL! I've never met an ugly person. :) I have a very vivid imagination and am very intuitive. For example, my dad once said "Guess what?" and I replied, knowing I was correct, "Auntie Sarah's pregant!!! :D" He was like wtf hahaha... alright so any rec's would be great, I'm sorry for such a long reply, I just wanted to show the many facets of my personality.

OH YEAH!! I'm also an Aquarius sun, libra rising, taurus moon, and have lots of aquarius on my chart.

I am lookwise:

Brown, blond streaked, hair (natural, turns blond with the sun). 5'5'', blue yes that "look like the ocean" as one of my bff's says, I am active and in a weigthliftijg class, but am soft and composed of curves! I have a body like christina hendricks, with smaller breasts (c cup) and Bee Warren. I am hourglass shaped. UMMM.....O and I self identify as a mermaid! :D I think my soul is a mermaid and a siren becauses I love to sing and my afformentioned friend said when I sing my "mermaid song" (humms and oohs) I sound like whales she heard in Hawaii, in a good way haha.

You sound like Zephyr! :)

Okay, I don't think I've ever done this.

MBTI: INFP

If Hogwarts houses were a thing, Ravenclaw would fit best.

Virgo Sun, Sag Moon, Scorpio Asc

I have a little bit of social anxiety and I'm easily distracted so I like deep, grounding scents.

I like reading and gardening, learning new things about plants.

Escapism is a problem, but comedy and fantasy help keep me sane. I like learning about big subjects, but if I'm honest what I really like is style, art, and superficial things. Horror, humor, the surreal, and overblown theatrical stuff are all fun. Maybe I'm a bit of a fantasist and campy goth at heart.

I would love to be neat and organized and deadly efficient all the time, but I don't see that happening.

I have a little bit of social anxiety and I'm easily distracted so I like deep, grounding scents.

Escapism is a problem, but comedy and fantasy help keep me sane. I like learning about big subjects, but if I'm honest what I really like is style, art, and superficial things. Horror, humor, the surreal, and overblown theatrical stuff are all fun. Maybe I'm a bit of a fantasist and campy goth at heart.

I would love to be neat and organized and deadly efficient all the time, but I don't see that happening.

Ooh, I totally suck at this, but I will try, because it is a fun topic :D Forgive me if my suggestions aren't very creative :blush:

I was thinking Schrödinger's Cat for that mix between deep subjects - quantum physics - and overblown surreal humor. Of course, it's a scent that has a LOT going on, so maybe it's not so grounding.

Or maybe Loli.Goth for a fun and light take on your inner goth?

Many people agree that Edgar Allen Poe was an INFP, so I think the The Raven would be a good scent for an INFP by default, but it also fits the description of what works for you... also, Lilith. It's a very deep, dark, yet feminine scent.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

I am lookwise:

You sound like Zephyr! :)

Thanks for the rec! I looked up Zephyr and it is totally going on my wishlist! Sounds awesome and very me!

I'm very new to BPAL and thought this would be super fun and a really good way to find some scents. (P.S. My skin heightens sweetness in perfumes, so nothing too sweet like sugary, I like floral sweetness though.

Wow, there are definitely many sides to you. I think that complexity is what makes people special. :)

Beautiful and Adored - Rose musk, white gardenia, English pear, vanilla bean, red currant, and honey.

This definitely. It's cheery, feminine and warm plus you certainly seem "adored" by your friends.

Kumiho - A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger.

In my opinion the description of this sounds much harsher than it really is. It's sort of light, sweetly exotic floral with a hint of tea.

Vasilissa - Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

I seem to be recommending this to everyone lately! It's one of my favorites. Such a gorgeous, creamy scent. I think for you it's perfect since it's gentle and soft but somehow sensual.

Lolita - Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena.

Floral and summery. Fits with your cute but sexy persona.

I'm trying to think of some "darker" scents for your more morbid side as well... maybe:

Lady Death - Savage - White musk, grey amber, Calabrian bergamot, vanilla absolute, French labdanum, styrax, wormwood, caraway, and bois de jasmin.

Another of my favorites. It has a very fierce sort of femininity. Weird description, but it brings to mind "sparkling grey" when I wear it. It's pretty but rooted in the depth of the musk, amber and resin.

Debauchery - Mingled heady civet and red Egyptian musk, thickened with opium.

I don't know if you like incense-y smells but this is definitely it. Sexy and raw.

Dorian - A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

I think everyone should try Dorian, it's popular for a reason. It's lightly sweet but somehow naughty.

Hell's Bell - Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.

Basically a spicy floral. Kind of juicy.

I'm very new to BPAL and thought this would be super fun and a really good way to find some scents. (P.S. My skin heightens sweetness in perfumes, so nothing too sweet like sugary, I like floral sweetness though.

Wow, there are definitely many sides to you. I think that complexity is what makes people special. :)

Beautiful and Adored - Rose musk, white gardenia, English pear, vanilla bean, red currant, and honey.

This definitely. It's cheery, feminine and warm plus you certainly seem "adored" by your friends.

Kumiho - A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger.

In my opinion the description of this sounds much harsher than it really is. It's sort of light, sweetly exotic floral with a hint of tea.

Vasilissa - Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

I seem to be recommending this to everyone lately! It's one of my favorites. Such a gorgeous, creamy scent. I think for you it's perfect since it's gentle and soft but somehow sensual.

Lolita - Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena.

Floral and summery. Fits with your cute but sexy persona.

I'm trying to think of some "darker" scents for your more morbid side as well... maybe:

Lady Death - Savage - White musk, grey amber, Calabrian bergamot, vanilla absolute, French labdanum, styrax, wormwood, caraway, and bois de jasmin.

Another of my favorites. It has a very fierce sort of femininity. Weird description, but it brings to mind "sparkling grey" when I wear it. It's pretty but rooted in the depth of the musk, amber and resin.

Debauchery - Mingled heady civet and red Egyptian musk, thickened with opium.

I don't know if you like incense-y smells but this is definitely it. Sexy and raw.

Dorian - A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

I think everyone should try Dorian, it's popular for a reason. It's lightly sweet but somehow naughty.

Hell's Bell - Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.

Basically a spicy floral. Kind of juicy.

yay thanks! Woohoo so many wonderful perfume oils to try! I already really want Dorian and now I want it even more! Debauchery sounds great and Lolita sounds fascinating! Definately need Savage, Beautiful and adored, and Vasillisa. Thanks a ton! Also, thanks for saying I seem adored by my friends and interesting. :) I really appreciate it hehe! <3

I, also, am very new to BPAL and can't for the life of me choose any scents I keep looking and I get overwhelmed I want them ALL haha. So I thought I would possibly give this a try.

I am often labeled as that sassy/flirty friend. I am a very loyal friend and won't back stab anyone, it is not my style. However, sarcasm is my second language.I am a communications major and public speaking is my forte the bigger the crowd the better I am. I am outgoing when it comes to going out with friends, but really enjoy being by myself wrapped up in a good romance novel (hopeless romantic at heart). I love going on adventures and if I am not doing something or keeping my mind engaged I can't sit still. The outdoors is my best friend. Give me a warm day and I am no where near any home, instead I am lost somewhere on the beach (LOVE) or in the woods. I am born and raised in the south. It is deep in my blood and wouldn't have it any other way. So with that territory I adore horses (part of the reason perfumes are so needed!). I do tend to keep my personal life personal and have been told it gives me an air of mystery. I love art but I am better admiring it as my abilities as an artist are slim. Writing is more my style. I am funny (though sometimes my jokes fall short). I stand up for what I believe in and I don't back down. Family means everything to me. I am very independent and it's the part of me I love the most. I am very rarely in relationships as I don't believe in being with someone if I don't see a future.

I am so hoping y'all can help me out I just got my first imp pack a couple days ago and am so in love with this company already and could seriously use some help trying to figure out what to try next and what would work for who I am. Thank y'all!

I, also, am very new to BPAL and can't for the life of me choose any scents I keep looking and I get overwhelmed I want them ALL haha. So I thought I would possibly give this a try.

I am often labeled as that sassy/flirty friend. I am a very loyal friend and won't back stab anyone, it is not my style. However, sarcasm is my second language.I am a communications major and public speaking is my forte the bigger the crowd the better I am. I am outgoing when it comes to going out with friends, but really enjoy being by myself wrapped up in a good romance novel (hopeless romantic at heart). I love going on adventures and if I am not doing something or keeping my mind engaged I can't sit still. The outdoors is my best friend. Give me a warm day and I am no where near any home, instead I am lost somewhere on the beach (LOVE) or in the woods. I am born and raised in the south. It is deep in my blood and wouldn't have it any other way. So with that territory I adore horses (part of the reason perfumes are so needed!). I do tend to keep my personal life personal and have been told it gives me an air of mystery. I love art but I am better admiring it as my abilities as an artist are slim. Writing is more my style. I am funny (though sometimes my jokes fall short). I stand up for what I believe in and I don't back down. Family means everything to me. I am very independent and it's the part of me I love the most. I am very rarely in relationships as I don't believe in being with someone if I don't see a future.

I am so hoping y'all can help me out I just got my first imp pack a couple days ago and am so in love with this company already and could seriously use some help trying to figure out what to try next and what would work for who I am. Thank y'all!

Welcome to BPAL! I hope you have lots of fun testing :)

Here are my recs:

Fae for your flirty, southern peach side. The Dodo for it's red musk (which I think matches your sassiness and confidence) plus a bit of humor. The Red Rider for your adoration of horses. Elf for your outdoorsy, adventurous side. Windward Passage for your love of the beach. And Morocco for your mysterious and romantic side.

Fae: A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss

The Dodo: Red musk, lemon peel, sugar cane, cassia, white sandalwood, mango, and agarwood

Red Rider: Red leather, red moss, and balsam

Elf: Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry

Windward Passage: Breezes blowing off of the waters of the Caribbean: marine accord, seaweed, and bladderwrack

Morocco: Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia

Edited by BoneBone24

Holy crap, look a the date! I think it's been three years since I first posted in this thread. How about a do-over?

I'm short, blonde, and stubborn; I'm stacked like a dwarven shieldmaiden and have the constitution of an asthmatic (gnome) necromancer -- it's really not my fault that my body is allergic to sun, and air, and stupid... Anyway! I went into college with aspirations of becoming an old-school cel animator and came out of college with 72 credit hours in computer programming and library sciences, which lead directly into a six-year job as a veterinary assistant. Clearly, I am fate's plaything. All hail the Raven Queen!

My interests lie in space operas, samurai, and sky-pirates; corgis, parrots, and bugs; Mandalorians, Krogan, and Dwarf Lannisters. My dream is to run the first American game design company that specializes in romance sims (think Mass Effect without all that pesky shooting) -- or to at least figure out how my DSLR camera is supposed to work. (I'm currently focusing on converting my 1980s townhouse into an Industrial Paradise, while surviving paycheck to paycheck working in Software Quality Assurance.)

I'm a desert girl: lots of sand and sun and sky. I love The Lion, and it loves me. The scent notes of my childhood are creosote, chlorine, and wet concrete. Ozone and acacia are my most sought after scent notes, but I can't ever find them. I love Perversion, Noisome Clockwork Tin Locomotive, Humbug!, Licorice Bats, ... Swank, Cykranoshian Catnip, Fae, Liz, and Regina Elebi love me. Ginger and lilac despise me.

tl;dr: I'm an INTJ, I own two corgis, and am seriously considering getting a Lupin III tattoo for my 30th birthday.

Have at!

Edited by virusq

Myers Briggs: ISFP

I'm slow to trust and reserved with strangers, but if you get me onto a subject I'm passionate about, I can and do talk people's ears off. I am very inter nerdy things like sci-fi, fantasy and comics, and love cosplay and conventions.

I am queer and non-binary and enjoy masculine scents. Girly things, in life and perfume both, are really not my style. I'm a snuggly sweaters and mom jeans type of gal. I'm pretty introverted, and my favorite places are quiet and calm. I am especially partial to the ocean, and am a third generation sailor.

I am studying to be a microbiologist and am minoring in creative writing. I love dogs, snakes and traveling.

tl;dr: I'm an INTJ, I own two corgis, and am seriously considering getting a Lupin III tattoo for my 30th birthday.

I love INTJs. :) Sadly only know one in person, and female INTJs are even harder to come across. If you do end up starting that game company, I'd love to know about it. Did you know that more and more otome games are being translated by Japanese companies lately? They're essentially dating sims/visual novels. I wish many of them had more RPG elements but some of the stories are pretty fun and interactive.

Regarding acacia, I've heard some people say the following creates a similar vibe:

Cupid Complaining to Venus - Apple blossom, fig, white peach, honey absolute, red sandalwood, and wild thyme.

Also, this one has acacia actually listed but I've tried it and feel like it might be too sweet for you by itself:

Good - Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane.

For recs purely based on personality and what seems to be a love for boozy notes, licorice and leather...

Macbeth and the Witches - Lightning-charged ozone, steel, myrrh, mugwort, colophony, ajowan, and leather.

Le Père Fouettard - Whip leather, coal dust, gaufrette, and black licorice.

Tarasque - Spiced tea, leather, liquidambar, and labdanum.

Mary Read - Salt air, ocean mist, aged patchouli, sarsaparilla, watered-down rum, leather-tinged musk, and a spray of gunpowder.

Hunger Moon - Ozone, white sandalwood, Gum Arabic, crystallized white amber, verbena, oakmoss, clary sage, davana, and a hint of white citrus rind.

The Coil - Ozone, eucalyptus and mint with purple orchid, passionflower, white ginger, and purple lotus.

Coyote - The warmth of doeskin, dry plains grasses and soft, dusty woods warmed by amber and a downy, gentle coat of deep musk.

Tenochtitlan - Amber, hyssop, coriander, epazote, Mexican sage, prickly pear and Mexican tulip poppy.

Tombstone - A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar.

Corazon - Glorious red musk and a halo of golden amber with a touch of wet mango, lavender, and purple sage.

Western Diamondback - Snake Oil with leather, tonka bean, red sandalwood, and sage.

51 - Green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats.

Eh, went kind of crazy there. Hopefully some sound like you might enjoy them!

I'm slow to trust and reserved with strangers, but if you get me onto a subject I'm passionate about, I can and do talk people's ears off. I am very inter nerdy things like sci-fi, fantasy and comics, and love cosplay and conventions.

I am queer and non-binary and enjoy masculine scents. Girly things, in life and perfume both, are really not my style. I'm a snuggly sweaters and mom jeans type of gal. I'm pretty introverted, and my favorite places are quiet and calm. I am especially partial to the ocean, and am a third generation sailor.

I am studying to be a microbiologist and am minoring in creative writing. I love dogs, snakes and traveling.

I tried to pick out more masculine aquatics as well as a few others that might be a match...

The Spell of the Eastern Sea - Sea salt, kelp, and twisting willows.

Jolly Roger - Sea spray with an undercurrent of leather, Bay Rum, and salty, dry woods.

Calico Jack - Sea air, driftwood, waterlogged kelp, and the memory of plundered spices sprayed over worn leathers, rough musk, and the salty wooden floorboards of the Revenge.

Kingsport - Salty ocean breezes touched by a numinous, incandescent mist.

Galvanic Goggles - Metallic notes with Indian musk, tobacco flower, and African balsam.

Antony - A warrior's scent: the green hills and grasses of the battlefields, the resinous incense from the prayers to his Gods, and a touch of the musky leather of his armor. Ambergris and frankincense with sage, and basil.

Knight in Shiny Armor - dapper lavender fougere with white carnation, sweet oakmoss, clary sage, crisp leather, bourbon vanilla, and a hint of armor polish.

Krampus - Sinister red musk, black leather, dusty rags, and wooden switches.

No. 93 Engine - Balm of Gilead, benzoin, frankincense, balsam of peru, beeswax, saffron, galbanum, calamus, hyssop, mastic, lemon balm, and white sage.

I tried to pick out more masculine aquatics as well as a few others that might be a match...

The Spell of the Eastern Sea - Sea salt, kelp, and twisting willows.

Jolly Roger - Sea spray with an undercurrent of leather, Bay Rum, and salty, dry woods.

Calico Jack - Sea air, driftwood, waterlogged kelp, and the memory of plundered spices sprayed over worn leathers, rough musk, and the salty wooden floorboards of the Revenge.

Kingsport - Salty ocean breezes touched by a numinous, incandescent mist.

Galvanic Goggles - Metallic notes with Indian musk, tobacco flower, and African balsam.

Antony - A warrior's scent: the green hills and grasses of the battlefields, the resinous incense from the prayers to his Gods, and a touch of the musky leather of his armor. Ambergris and frankincense with sage, and basil.

Knight in Shiny Armor - dapper lavender fougere with white carnation, sweet oakmoss, clary sage, crisp leather, bourbon vanilla, and a hint of armor polish.

Krampus - Sinister red musk, black leather, dusty rags, and wooden switches.

No. 93 Engine - Balm of Gilead, benzoin, frankincense, balsam of peru, beeswax, saffron, galbanum, calamus, hyssop, mastic, lemon balm, and white sage.

You hit some of my loves right on the head! And I really want to try Kingsport and Knight in Shiny Armour, so maybe there's something to this idea that personality lends itself to certain notes.

I love INTJs. :) Sadly only know one in person, and female INTJs are even harder to come across. If you do end up starting that game company, I'd love to know about it. Did you know that more and more otome games are being translated by Japanese companies lately? They're essentially dating sims/visual novels. I wish many of them had more RPG elements but some of the stories are pretty fun and interactive.

I have a few! I prefer the ones where you have to work a little harder to attract your companion, though. The visual novels don't carry that attachment, for me.

Regarding acacia, I've heard some people say the following creates a similar vibe:

Cupid Complaining to Venus - Apple blossom, fig, white peach, honey absolute, red sandalwood, and wild thyme.

Also, this one has acacia actually listed but I've tried it and feel like it might be too sweet for you by itself:

Good - Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane.

I have an imp of Good. The RPG series was actually my first purchase! Sadly, none of them worked out for me. Good has all of the right notes, but completely evaporates on my skin. It is a woeful event. :(

I have not seen Cupid Complaining to Venus. It looks tasty! I'll put it on my wishlist. Thank you!

For recs purely based on personality and what seems to be a love for boozy notes, licorice and leather...

Macbeth and the Witches - Lightning-charged ozone, steel, myrrh, mugwort, colophony, ajowan, and leather.

Le Père Fouettard - Whip leather, coal dust, gaufrette, and black licorice.

Tarasque - Spiced tea, leather, liquidambar, and labdanum.

Mary Read - Salt air, ocean mist, aged patchouli, sarsaparilla, watered-down rum, leather-tinged musk, and a spray of gunpowder.

Hunger Moon - Ozone, white sandalwood, Gum Arabic, crystallized white amber, verbena, oakmoss, clary sage, davana, and a hint of white citrus rind.

The Coil - Ozone, eucalyptus and mint with purple orchid, passionflower, white ginger, and purple lotus.

Coyote - The warmth of doeskin, dry plains grasses and soft, dusty woods warmed by amber and a downy, gentle coat of deep musk.

Tenochtitlan - Amber, hyssop, coriander, epazote, Mexican sage, prickly pear and Mexican tulip poppy.

Tombstone - A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar.

Corazon - Glorious red musk and a halo of golden amber with a touch of wet mango, lavender, and purple sage.

Western Diamondback - Snake Oil with leather, tonka bean, red sandalwood, and sage.

51 - Green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats.

Eh, went kind of crazy there. Hopefully some sound like you might enjoy them!

I have imps of Mary Read, Coyote, and Tombstone. My skin chemistry does strange things to all of them. Tombstone worked out the best, but it amps "candy" on me so bad that my everyone around me just gets hungry.

I'll keep an eye out for Macbeth and the Witches, The Coil, Tenochtitlan, and 51. They all sound like fantastic things I'd somehow overlooked.

Thank you!

Hello I want to see what you guys suggest for me :)

Hmmmm... I'm half Italian half Canadian. I'm an introverted person, I hate speaking to groups of people and especially on stage. I love reading and atm I'm addicted to Game of Thrones (haven't watched the series though) and I love Doctor Who <3. I'm a bit of a freak, I mean I always have flashy hair, now its green with yellow tips, and I wear draggish makeup, but I dress with black clothes usually band shirts since I'm a hard-rock and metal fan, I love Gothic style. I'm quite responsible but when I want something I'll do anything to get it, I'm very childish that way and added to the fact that I'm hard headed and stubborn it will mean I won't really think of my actions.

Oh and I have a sweet tooth and love love love black tea with milk or green tea with honey.

Hope this is enough :D its not that easy to describe ones self or at least for me

Edited by aylafr

Hello I want to see what you guys suggest for me :)

Hmmmm... I'm half Italian half Canadian. I'm an introverted person, I hate speaking to groups of people and especially on stage. I love reading and atm I'm addicted to Game of Thrones (haven't watched the series though) and I love Doctor Who <3. I'm a bit of a freak, I mean I always have flashy hair, now its green with yellow tips, and I wear draggish makeup, but I dress with black clothes usually band shirts since I'm a hard-rock and metal fan, I love Gothic style. I'm quite responsible but when I want something I'll do anything to get it, I'm very childish that way and added to the fact that I'm hard headed and stubborn it will mean I won't really think of my actions.

Oh and I have a sweet tooth and love love love black tea with milk or green tea with honey.

Hope this is enough :D its not that easy to describe ones self or at least for me

Black Phoenix and Horror Unthinkable and Unexpected are really great gothic scents. A Howl in the Darkness is surprisingly light and warm for such a dark theme (werewolves!) so it might appeal to your sweeter tastes while still hitting your gothic vibes.

This might be fun so I'll give it a go.

I'm short and have dark blonde hair and eyes of a really indistinguishable color. My license says green, but others think gray or blue.

I love to learn all about the intricacies of language. I did a double major in Spanish and International Studies with a lot of classes concentrated on linguistics.

I'm really a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl who usually just wears concealer, mascara and a little lipstick. I try to dress up and be ultra feminine sometimes, but usually am minimalist.

I'm shy at first and have moderate social anxiety, but really enjoy one on one conversation.

Edited by Anathema

This might be fun so I'll give it a go.

I'm short and have dark blonde hair and eyes of a really indistinguishable color. My license says green, but others think gray or blue.

I love to learn all about the intricacies of language. I did a double major in Spanish and International Studies with a lot of classes concentrated on linguistics.

I'm really a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl who usually just wears concealer, mascara and a little lipstick. I try to dress up and be ultra feminine sometimes, but usually am minimalist.

I'm shy at first and have moderate social anxiety, but really enjoy one on one conversation.

Morocco - feminine, but with a little spice. International :)

I've ordered from BPAL before, but this is my first forum post and I really want to find something that *fits* me. Whatever I've gotten before sounds amazing but ends up falling flat to me. I absolutely love dark, mysterious, and otherwise otherworldy scents, and I suppose I could be called a dark, etc. person. It wouldn't work for me as a personal scent, but I was deeply attracted to the rose/licorice type scent from Sleep No More is most of the rooms that seemed to fit that. I've been looking forever for scents that could fit the female magician in Night Circus (name escapes me), Sally from Practical Magic, Nancy from the Craft, or Lena from Beautiful Creatures too (their feeling, not necessary specifically related scents). I'm not a very verbal person, but I wouldn't say I'm reserved in an introverted sense; rather I just communicate better non verbally so I suppose I wouldn't want something subtle to the point of being unnoticeable. I veer towards punk bohemian (Stevie Nicks meets Joan Jett?) but I'm studying premed. Other things, if that matters, I'm bisexual attracted more attracted to the feminine (not girly) and masculine of both binary genders, taurus on the cusp of aries, I live in the north east but my favorite places in the world are the McKittrick Hotel and Williamsburg, VA.

Edited by MmeKae