Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

(In response to BlueSakura)

It sounds like your hobbies and television tastes are creative, so how about Muse to keep you inspired?

Muse - Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime

Or Darkness to represent your closet?

Darkness - Blackest opium and narcissus deepened by myrrh

Or Intrigue to represent the mystery novels you are fond of -

Intrigue - Black palm, with cocoa, fig and shadowy wooded notes

Or Masquerade to represent your passion for makeup -

Masquerade - Patchouli, ambergris, carnation and orange blossom

As an English major, one of the Illyria scents would be fitting. So how about one that smells deep and red, like Lady MacBeth?

Lady MacBeth - sweet Bordeaux wine, blood red currant, thyme and wild berries

Or Lawful, for your study of the law -

Lawful - Rigid oak, blue chamomile, rhubarb, and fig leaf

And just because I have a hunch, Tavern of Hell -

Tavern of Hell - White gardenia, ambergris bouquet, lavender fougere, orange blossom, melissa, tobacco flower, coriander, ebony wood, ylang ylang, absinthe and aged whiskey

BoneBone, so sorry for the delayed response! I haven't checked this thread for ages. These are some really fabulous recommendations~ Muse, Lady Macbeth, and Tavern of Hell sound like they're right up my alley (your hunches are great!). Thank you so much for the recs, I'll be popping imps of these into my next lab order! :)

I wouldn't mind a recommendation. I am almost 27, petite (4 ft 9 in), have curly chestnut hair and dark brown eyes. For the most part I am fairly shy, but I have a quirky personality. I am an English major. There are so many books I want to read, but I have no time. My favorite movies are Dead Poets Society and The Producers (1968). I love classic rock, especially The Beatles, Queen, and Pink Floyd. My current favorite TV shows are Doctor Who, Sherlock, Downton Abbey, and Sailor Moon (in Japanese, not the dubbed version). Also, I like to make things (resin jewelry, solid perfume, I'm currently knitting a scarf). I am fascinated by both funny and unusual things. I am a fan of Adagio teas, Cara McGee's signature blends in particular. Thanks in advance!

Ooo!! The book! Or lurid library;))

Hi everyone, (if this thread is still active! I seem to be missing out on all the nice discussions!!)I d like a rec for the main character in my book! :wub3:

She is the love interest of this guy, and I want her to smell this particular way (I have to admit I am obssessed with finding a scent for her!) to the guy. He has been holed up in his house for years and seen nothing or anyone. So her smell kind of embodies the whole outside world to him in the exotic, mysterious, dreamy, promising adventures, luring kind of way. Something like a silhouette in a misty forest. Very exotic, unique, complex (has to embody the world to him), and a subtle, underlying darkness and sorrow, danger even, adventurous...but mainly hope. The closest I can relate their situation is to Quasimodo and esmeralda. What she was to him in a way is the same here. :violin:

Hope I wasnt too confusing :blush2: . Thanks in advance!! :bunnyluv: Sorry for the huge rant! :rant: :wub2:

One thing is screaming at me: Raven Moon

:) either year

I've been wanting to do this for a while! I'm curious to see what you all will come up with for me. :D

I'm a nearly 22 year old classic goth. My entire closet is a wall of black. My styles vary within though. I alternate from gothabilly to Victorian influenced goth and a more hard edged grunge goth. As long as its macabre though, I'm all over it. My home looks like a headshop, and most of the time smells like it too. My fiancé and I have a fabulous collection of taxidermy, bones, masks and artifacts from around the world and tons of candles everywhere. I practice paganism, though I'm not very strict with ritual. I identify with it and have adapted many aspects into my life. I find it calming.

I am Romani by blood, which I find actually gives me stronger sense of site and ritualistic power. Some people would say that is BS but my family swears by it. My grandmother's site was very strong-- she had crazy visions.

I am a lover of fine arts and classic art. On my freetime I do a lot of painting and odd mixed media pieces. Im hoping to have a show sometime soon. I spend a lot of time at museums drawing and exploring. As I said before I love all things macabre and Victorian, my aesteatics definitely lean heavily on those categories. However I'm also a huge nerd. I love Doctor Who, and work with MayFaire Moon corsets and costumes to make the TARDIS corset. I work with electronics and boobs at my job. It's pretty awesome. My actual job title is Mad Scientist because we're crazy people and do innovative things with clothing, electronics and props. Aside from Doctor Who, I love Star Wars and Star Trek -- yes, there can be peace between the franchises! Also the lesser known Farscape. I play a ton of videogames too. I have two ceiling high bookcases filled with them. In my younger years I was really into anime and manga.

I do love a good book though, modern media hasn't wasted my mind. I enjoy classics like Jane Austin and Bram Stoker, and the odd well written and quirky modern published books like Neil Gaimans works or The Girl Who Circumvented Fairyland.

I am currently in school part time while I work, studying product design. I started school in mechanical engineering building robots, and changed into product design. I got to keep my robotics concentration, so I hope to some day beable to work on prosthetics and help design them to be as human like and elegant a replacement as possible.

I'm loud and strong willed. Nothing keeps me from speaking my mind unless I know the situation is truly inappropriate. I will gladly talk back to one of my professors or my boss -- I won't take something sitting down. It has definitely gotten me in trouble but it has always been worth it. I'm also very snarky, sarcastic, extremely intuitive, and strong willed. I have been described as a Japanese Daruma Doll or a Phoenix, because you can knock me down but I will always get back up and rise from the ashes.

That's a very rough part of my life. I have a very rare brain disorder that looks like migraines strokes and seizures, but isn't. No one knows how to treat it, only try to give me maintenance with numerous meds. I had to leave school for a year, and the years previously I struggled through many of the semesters, but still pulled through at the top of my classes even when I was failing and in and out of hospitals earlier in the semester. I'm very proud of my strength and tenacity. It's what I do best; keep on going and never give up.

My favorite scents are: smiling spider, black lace, crypt queen, Dorian, Witch Dance, Harvest moon, lady lillith, sleepy moon.

I live dark woods, incense, wine, clove, lavender i gravitate towards blends that are dark and sexy-- things that require blood red lipstick and smoky makeup. I do like some sweet perfumes too, but rarely foodie, so I'm open to suggestions. I can't do white florals. Rose does work, it depends on the blend.

I am thinking, eternal, morgause, follow me boy, anactoria, le essence de la passion, black dahlia,

These are all strong femanine, sensual, with touches of florals, resins, earth tones:))) your character sounds awesome!

Hi everyone, (if this thread is still active! I seem to be missing out on all the nice discussions!!)I d like a rec for the main character in my book! :wub3:

She is the love interest of this guy, and I want her to smell this particular way (I have to admit I am obssessed with finding a scent for her!) to the guy. He has been holed up in his house for years and seen nothing or anyone. So her smell kind of embodies the whole outside world to him in the exotic, mysterious, dreamy, promising adventures, luring kind of way. Something like a silhouette in a misty forest. Very exotic, unique, complex (has to embody the world to him), and a subtle, underlying darkness and sorrow, danger even, adventurous...but mainly hope. The closest I can relate their situation is to Quasimodo and esmeralda. What she was to him in a way is the same here. :violin:

Hope I wasnt too confusing :blush2: . Thanks in advance!! :bunnyluv: Sorry for the huge rant! :rant: :wub2:

Edited by Ella LaRose

Is this thread still active?

To start with I'd actually like some recommendations for my stepdaughter. I'm a supernewb, recently steered here by a friend whose taste and olfactory palate I trust, and I have an order of a few imps ears being delivered for me, but I haven't actually received/sniffed any of them yet. I do love the BPAL names/ideas/themes, and I thought it might be fun to surprise my thirteen year old stepkid with a few imps ears for her upcoming half-birthday and/or Valentine's Day.

So. She's thirteen, as mentioned. Kind of a sci fi/fantasy geek, has been studying martial arts and music for years, likes animals, cooking, interested in film, computers, math, Romance languages. She's traveled a LOT, more than most adults. She's smart, shy, has kind of an understated but goofy/surreal sense of humor, kind, but pragmatic. She loves her cats. She's tall and still growing, pretty like a Viking with white blond hair and light eyes. She's just starting to get interested in makeup, fragrances, etc. Spends hours doing designs on her nails and then goes and wrecks them immediately playing in the backyard with her little brothers. She adores her brothers and they adore her. She tries to hide the fact that it bothers her a little bit that she grew up in two houses. She loves to swim, and go to the beach, even on cold days when she'll go beachcombing. She usually wears a fedora and dangly earrings and boots, likes to put streaks in her hair with hair chalk. She's still pretty innocent, definitely not looking for the sexy, super glamorous or heavy scents here. If I close my eyes and think scent plus her, I personally think of things like fresh cut grass or herby lavender or homemade lemonade, but not anything really frilly or syrupy. I am wondering about other things I might not have even thought of, though.

Ideas?

Hi Ursa! Fellow newbie here, too :) I don't know that much about what scents work on me personally yet, but my sister's had several BPALs for quite a while now, and your stepdaughter sounds like a really cool kid. Have you considered Shanghai? I've always loved the smell of verbena, and the fresh-but-not-cloying fragrance might go perfectly with what you're looking for.

So about me -- I'm very petite, with dark hair and eyes and pale skin. I'm studying Economics at a West Coast university (was considering a French double-major before I figured out I couldn't write essays every week while keeping up my extracurriculars/job) and looking to go into finance. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, following fashion blogs, and lusting after things I can't afford through online shopping. I'd say my closet is a mix of modern and elegant pieces, and I'll admit I have a growing addiction to arm candy, but I'm perfectly comfortable with throwing on combat boots and leather jackets when I'm feeling lazy. On my geekier side, I really enjoy PC gaming and hunting down good low fantasy/scifi/historical fiction books, especially if it has a lot of dark humor and multifaceted characters. When I was younger I followed manga/manhwa almost religiously -- sometimes I still do, for the really good ones -- and I believe that anyone who has the time and skill to put together a cosplay outfit is amazing. I also enjoy both classical music and art, especially as I play two instruments and used to sing opera. But that doesn't mean you won't find dubstep or EDM on my iPod =]

Other tidbits: I'm pretty well traveled for my age (Shanghai and Tokyo are my favorite cities), and I speak 3 other languages besides English. I've also worked a lot with nonprofit organizations through the years, and I hope to keep that up as I move through my budding career. I consider myself an introvert and it takes a lot for me to trust someone, but once I do I am loyal to them no matter what happens. My weirdness only comes out when I'm with friends I truly feel comfortable with, but otherwise I am pretty unemotional to the point of being stoic most of the time. I'm also very asexual. Love love love a good debate, exploring restaurants, reading, sweets and pastries of all kinds, and cats. Sorry, no babies.

Since I'm going into such a male-dominated field, I've been looking for some time for a strong, independent scent that will help me hold my own and reflect determination and a don't-mess-with-me attitude. On the other hand, my life isn't defined by my work, so I'd also love to find some everyday scents for other occasions. I've only tried a few imps so far, but definite no's for me is anything overly sweet or fruity, they immediately turn soapy on my skin :(

Would really appreciate any ideas you long-timers have! Thanks for reading and I'm excited to be a part of the BPAL community :)

Edited by Cimorene

To start with I'd actually like some recommendations for my stepdaughter. I'm a supernewb, recently steered here by a friend whose taste and olfactory palate I trust, and I have an order of a few imps ears being delivered for me, but I haven't actually received/sniffed any of them yet. I do love the BPAL names/ideas/themes, and I thought it might be fun to surprise my thirteen year old stepkid with a few imps ears for her upcoming half-birthday and/or Valentine's Day.

So. She's thirteen, as mentioned. Kind of a sci fi/fantasy geek, has been studying martial arts and music for years, likes animals, cooking, interested in film, computers, math, Romance languages. She's traveled a LOT, more than most adults. She's smart, shy, has kind of an understated but goofy/surreal sense of humor, kind, but pragmatic. She loves her cats. She's tall and still growing, pretty like a Viking with white blond hair and light eyes. She's just starting to get interested in makeup, fragrances, etc. Spends hours doing designs on her nails and then goes and wrecks them immediately playing in the backyard with her little brothers. She adores her brothers and they adore her. She tries to hide the fact that it bothers her a little bit that she grew up in two houses. She loves to swim, and go to the beach, even on cold days when she'll go beachcombing. She usually wears a fedora and dangly earrings and boots, likes to put streaks in her hair with hair chalk. She's still pretty innocent, definitely not looking for the sexy, super glamorous or heavy scents here. If I close my eyes and think scent plus her, I personally think of things like fresh cut grass or herby lavender or homemade lemonade, but not anything really frilly or syrupy. I am wondering about other things I might not have even thought of, though.

Ideas?

Hi, Ursa!

First thing I thought of when you said when you think of scents that your stepdaughter reminds you of was herby lavender and homemade lemonade was Dorian (A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.) I tend to get a light scent of vanilla tea, candied lemons, and a soft undertone of lavender and very soft musk from it. It's neither frilly nor too cloying and heavy, but rather crisp and refreshing, imo. Also, possibly something like the RPG scents Gnome, Elf, and Good all sorta strike me as something a young teen might like. All of them have light, sweet-ish notes in them, but shouldn't have anything too cloying or overpowering in them. Possibly some of the lighter Mad Tea Party scents, like Alice, Dormouse, Eat Me, or Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, if she likes creamy scents or tea scents. Both creamy scents and tea scents again tend to be light and not too cloying, though they might be a tiny bit on the girly, froofy side for her.

This made me think of Sadak in Search of the Waters of Oblivion. It is however (to me) more 'silhouette in a misty jungle by a deep blue pond' though. It's like swimming at night in a deep blue pond fringed by dark blooms.

Or, Strangler Fig - the 'stranger' bit covers the danger part and the 'fig' may cover the misty forest. To me this one was a sweet, green woody scent and made me think of walking under the cool dark shadows of huge fig trees in the heat of the day.

Or, Fae - white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss. The oakmoss makes me think 'forest floor' and there is something sharply dangerous but very feminine about the white musk and peach.

Ideas?

Would she like a honey scent? If so, Door (Golden honey, nicotiana, blue chamomile, and cistus)may suit her. It's very light and innocent and slightly otherwordly. For the beachcombing aspect I'm thinking Lyonnesse (Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss) and for the lemonade aspect maybe Lemon-scented Sticky Bat - I haven't tried it but it sounds nice and lemony and age-appropriate.

Awesome, thanks for the replies. And yes, she is a great kid :D. I am making notes and I'll check the reviews. Somebody suggested Dormouse--I actually already ordered an imp of that for myself so I will be sniffing it with an eye towards the kid, as well. I really appreciate ALL of the suggestions, I haven't even looked in all of the sections yet (there is such a BIG selection on BPAL!) so it really helps narrow things down for me.

Cimorene, I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for you since I'm not well enough acquainted with the product lines yet, but hopefully someone will have great ideas.

EDIT: I think I am definitely going to try Dorian and Elf for her, and maybe Shanghai, Sticky Bat and Lyonnesse. Door sounds fantastic but I don't think they have imps for it and I really want to start with testers. I just got my own shipment of testers and she can try on my Dormouse. Thanks again!

Edited by Ursa

Cimorene, I am going to go out on a limb here since I only received my imps yesterday and haven't had time to test most of them yet...but maybe Jabberwocky for you? It's a unisex, and very light so one problem some people seem to have had with it unfortunately is that it fades away too quickly. Personally, I don't like to feel drenched in scent, I want something that works subtly with me, and I am loving Jabberwocky and it works A-MA-ZING with my skin. My preschooler son was interested in all the little vials so I let him try one on last night and I applied a little Jabberwocky to him. On him, it smelled really brightly foresty, you could clearly pick out the Eucalyptus and Pine, but it didn't smell aseptic or medicinal at all. I was really surprised at how well it worked on a four year old boy, ha ha. But then this morning I tried it on myself, and it is fantastic on me, too, a woman in my late 30s. It smells very different than it did on him--on me it is warmer, more citrusy, there is less eucalyptus and I can really only smell the orange and evergreen. It really sank into my skin and it's my favorite of the three I've tried so far, even though I was expecting to strongly prefer White Rabbit for the tea scent. Anyway, it's a highly unusual scent, modern, confident and I think feminine but without being cloying or "pink" at ALL. If you like forest or citrus at all I'd say give it a try.

White Rabbit, which I was expecting to be my favorite as I love complex notes and tea scents, is a little too complex, or maybe it just doesn't love my skin. On me it's less tea and milk, more ginger and pepper. About four hours later it faded to a tea with honey and parchment and I LOVED it, but it took four whole hours to get there. Anyway, those are the only recommendations I can make since my experience is so limited so hopefully that was of some small use to you.

I'd love to impose further for recommendations for myself, now that my other thing is covered.

I'm in my latter 30s, but people still think I'm in my late 20s as long as my hair's been recently colored, ha ha. I'm very tall, and full-figured, plush, but I do work out so I'm not really as soft as I look. Long dark hair, fair skin, freckles, blue eyes. My heritage is Celtic and Native American and I got the Celtic coloring but the Native bone structure. I grew up in a marine, urban environment, shrouded in cool fog, surrounded by a lot of alternative culture. I have always been a bookworm but I had a wild, somewhat dark youth, traveled a lot, experimented and screwed up a lot, fortunately usually managed to learn from my mistakes. Throughout my late teens and 20s I never had a job, an address or a boyfriend for longer than 2 years, I was restless and moved a lot, lived in several different countries and tried on a lot of different career options because I always figured I'd fall back on my writing. I studied writing, music, languages and the biological sciences. I've worked with computers, in creative fields, and with children, animals, the elderly. I speak three languages besides English, but I'm honestly pretty rusty with them now. I've had a plethora of interesting pets, cats, iguanas, snakes, dogs, fish. I was specially licensed to care for endangered tortoise species, I can't have them at the moment but I probably will again. I had a lot of piercings and purple hair and dressed in velvet and leather a lot at one stage. Then I went corporate chic for a while, had to for work. Now I'd say my style is more casual bohemian, if I had to pinpoint.

I'm quite a bit more settled now. Happily married, a mom. I spend a lot of my time momming around, so the heavier, more lush, more seductive perfumes I used to enjoy don't see as much use now that I spend so much of my time at playgrounds, the beach, the library and farmer's market. I still have a streak of that wild dark girl in me, though, too. I'm still a little bit of a cynic and a smart ass, but I'm kinder, way more mellow. I live on an island now, I spend most of my time windswept and in jeans. I work in my garden a lot, getting dirty growing food and flowers, I take the kids for nature walks in the evergreens and the redwoods. I go sailing or on the ferries when I can, not often enough. I beachcomb on the beach in chilly weather. Once in a while I still glam it up to seduce the hell out of my husband on date night, or to go out with my friends and remind myself that I've still got it, but I don't do the bar scene much anymore. I love my island beach town but I miss living in a city and I still go there often to go to museums and art galleries,sometimes to the opera or to a small venue for a live show, not the huge concert arenas where I'm going to be crushed by a bunch of bros. I love going wine tasting. I read a lot, I drink an inordinate amount of black and green teas, I am a bit of a sci fi geek and an Anglophile. I only ever watch the BBC or sci fi stuff on TV, and I'm the one who turned my stepdaughter into a rabid Whovian. I still love to travel...the big exotic trips are fewer and more far between now that there are kids to accommodate, but we manage it once in a while, and a lot of smaller, long-weekend getaways along the coast or in the woods, or a romantic weekend up in wine country. I am still a struggling writer, and I work in writing and editing. I do a lot of volunteer and charity work with abused animals and adult literacy programs. And, just throwing this out there, my fella tells me my skin naturally smells like slightly sweet paper.

I loved the help on suggestions for my stepdaughter so I'm hoping people will be generous enough to come back with suggestions for me. Cheers.

Edited by Ursa

Cimorene - You sound like a badass. I love that you've traveled and done nonprofit work, plus the geekiness/introversion/no babies-ness reminds me of myself. :P Yet you have a lot of typically feminine qualities. I think something that's beautiful, mysterious and luxurious, yet clearly intelligent, would work well for you. I recommend:

Morocco (Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.)

Mme. Moriarty (Red musk, vanilla bean, pomegranate, patchouli leaf and wild plum.)

Mr. Ibis (Papyrus, vanilla flower, Egyptian musk, African musk, aloe ferox, white sandalwood.)

Heroine (Nepalese amber, East African patchouli, dark musk, apple blossom, petitgrain, aged leather, skin musk, and rhubarb.)

Avenger (Plush vanilla bourbon and rum accord with pink pepper, patchouli, clove, pikaki, golden amber, caraway, tuberose, and jacarandá-da-bahia.)

Velvet (Envelop yourself in the soft, sensual embrace of gentle sandalwood warmed by cocoa vanilla and a veil of deep myrrh.)

Ursa - Another wanderer and activist! Wow. I see aquatic blends being very comforting scents for you, considering your earlier years and the fact you live on an island now. Something breezy and laid-back, but with a powerful and entrancing depth.

Y'ha-nthlei (The deepest marine notes with bergamot, eucalyptus and foamy ambergris.)

Sea of Glass (No real scent description... I find it to be ozone, clean florals and a touch of citrus.)

Kumiho (A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger.)

Aelopile (Glowing amber and citrus, labdanum, verbena, cedar, and oud.)

Zephyr (Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.)

Lady Death: Savage (White musk, grey amber, Calabrian bergamot, vanilla absolute, French labdanum, styrax, wormwood, caraway, and bois de jasmin. Going out on a limb with this one. It's one of my favorites. Feminine and strong, yet surprisingly bright.)

Edited by Balame

Oooh! This is so up my alley as I'm also a total newbie in search of my first 6 or perhaps even 12 imps!

I'm turning the big 3-0 this year, but I'm barely 22 in my mind and most likely in my demeanor as well. People tend to think I'm in my early 20's. I was very 'mature' as a teen, but the older I got, the more I realized how much I missed by always being so serious and so I seem to grow 'younger' in my attitude as I grow older in my body :rofl: Or maybe it's just the realization that life is here to be enjoyed/lived and not just survived, haha.

I'm short - 5'2", petite/slim, I have what others have called 'porcelain' skin that is nearly translucent (I keep joking about looking like a vampire - think Interview with a Vampire with their visible veins, not Twilight, lol). My hair is naturally dirty blond, but color my hair with henna, so it's amber/coppery now and has been for the past 10 years - it's hip length right now. My eyes are hazel and turn green in the sun. I keep joking about having two personalities, but it is actually kind of true ... but I guess others would just call it being a bit moody. I can be very outgoing, fun, funny, weird and up to all sorts of 'no-goods,' and the next day I'm quiet, introverted and back to my 'serious' and a bit insecure self. I've had a rather tough childhood and I consider myself the 'eternal immigrant' as I've left my homecountry at 16 and I'm still 'out in the world' and who knows where I'll be in the next 5 years. English is my second language and in total I speak three languages and understand perfectly two more ... and get freckles in the spring, lol. My train of thought is very wild and all over the place - I say the most non-sequitur things in the world that leaves some folks just dumb-founded and confused if they don't know me :D

I've studied International Affairs, think Politics, have always loved discussing and arguing about them. I always wanted to go non-profit and 'fix the world,' but that has just never happened ... yet ... unfortunately.

Now, my hobbies are mostly taking care of my sweet little daughter, spending time with my dear husband, reading fantasy novels, listening to music and creating with my hands (fibre arts most of all). I still have that crazy party girl in me, but she gets to come out and play only once in a long while - most of the time it's just mellow family life, school and work for me. I love spending time in the country and in the nature and my favorite time of year is autumn/fall. I do not really have a favorite color, but at the moment it is turquoise - green/blue, blue and orange.

I wear mostly jeans and a plethora of various tops or dresses. I do not follow fashion and I never have. There is nothing better than an awesome second hand store find when it comes to clothes :D I do not get off on buying over-priced brand name clothes as I think it's a waste of resources. I recycle everything that can be recycled, I'm a proud user of cloth menstrual pads and try to eat only locally grown organic food. But I am not a hippie, lol. Not that I have anything against hippies ;)

I'm looking forward to your suggestions, folks. I'll be so grateful :wub2:

Can a newbie play this game? I'm afraid I can't give recommendations yet, but I'd love to get some recommendations.

Here's a quick and dirty personality sketch. I'm quiet, introverted, intellectual and serious--a day-dreamer and a thinker with a strong philosophical bent. I love both science and creative pursuits. There is a wild side to me that few people see and I have great sense of humor that lies hidden until I know a person well.

Mules are jealous of my stubborn streak. I'm also ridiculously unconventional because I see things differently than most people do.

Edited by WoodSage

Oooh! This is so up my alley as I'm also a total newbie in search of my first 6 or perhaps even 12 imps!

I'm turning the big 3-0 this year, but I'm barely 22 in my mind and most likely in my demeanor as well. People tend to think I'm in my early 20's. I was very 'mature' as a teen, but the older I got, the more I realized how much I missed by always being so serious and so I seem to grow 'younger' in my attitude as I grow older in my body :rofl: Or maybe it's just the realization that life is here to be enjoyed/lived and not just survived, haha.

I'm short - 5'2", petite/slim, I have what others have called 'porcelain' skin that is nearly translucent (I keep joking about looking like a vampire - think Interview with a Vampire with their visible veins, not Twilight, lol). My hair is naturally dirty blond, but color my hair with henna, so it's amber/coppery now and has been for the past 10 years - it's hip length right now. My eyes are hazel and turn green in the sun. I keep joking about having two personalities, but it is actually kind of true ... but I guess others would just call it being a bit moody. I can be very outgoing, fun, funny, weird and up to all sorts of 'no-goods,' and the next day I'm quiet, introverted and back to my 'serious' and a bit insecure self. I've had a rather tough childhood and I consider myself the 'eternal immigrant' as I've left my homecountry at 16 and I'm still 'out in the world' and who knows where I'll be in the next 5 years. English is my second language and in total I speak three languages and understand perfectly two more ... and get freckles in the spring, lol. My train of thought is very wild and all over the place - I say the most non-sequitur things in the world that leaves some folks just dumb-founded and confused if they don't know me :D

I've studied International Affairs, think Politics, have always loved discussing and arguing about them. I always wanted to go non-profit and 'fix the world,' but that has just never happened ... yet ... unfortunately.

Now, my hobbies are mostly taking care of my sweet little daughter, spending time with my dear husband, reading fantasy novels, listening to music and creating with my hands (fibre arts most of all). I still have that crazy party girl in me, but she gets to come out and play only once in a long while - most of the time it's just mellow family life, school and work for me. I love spending time in the country and in the nature and my favorite time of year is autumn/fall. I do not really have a favorite color, but at the moment it is turquoise - green/blue, blue and orange.

I wear mostly jeans and a plethora of various tops or dresses. I do not follow fashion and I never have. There is nothing better than an awesome second hand store find when it comes to clothes I do not get off on buying over-priced brand name clothes as I think it's a waste of resources. I recycle everything that can be recycled, I'm a proud user of cloth menstrual pads and try to eat only locally grown organic food. But I am not a hippie, lol. Not that I have anything against hippies

I'm looking forward to your suggestions, folks. I'll be so grateful :wub2:

(spoilering mine, for length and reference :D )

Russalka, my immediate thought-- on reading the young-minded, twin personalities description-- was... two scents, actually: Delirium and Delight.

Delirium : Non compos mentis, indeed! A contrary, conflicted scent, bubbling with merry madness. Contains apple, rose, and lemon.

Delight: In ancient India it was believed that a specific combination of flower petals, when strewn across a couple's bed, would amplify desire and sexual pleasure. This blend is a blend of the same floral essences, refined into a gloriously sinful perfume blend. Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine.

Both are lovely on their own; youthful, energetic, and feminine-- without seeming generic. I think they might also play nicely off of each other if you layered them.

Can a newbie play this game? I'm afraid I can't give recommendations yet, but I'd love to get some recommendations.

Here's a quick and dirty personality sketch. I'm quiet, introverted, intellectual and serious--a day-dreamer and a thinker with a strong philosophical bent. I love both science and creative pursuits. There is a wild side to me that few people see and I have great sense of humor that lies hidden until I know a person well.

Mules are jealous of my stubborn streak. I'm also ridiculously unconventional because I see things differently than most people do.

Hi, WoodSage! What sprang to mind for you was Mokey Fraggle. She's introverted, intellectual, and a day-dreamer, and her scent capture a very introspective, slightly magical feeling that might suit you quite well.

Mokey: Mokey is an artist, poet and philosopher. She seems to be in touch with some sort of higher Fraggle consciousness. Mokey is fascinated by the beauty and intricacy of the world around her, and is always seeking new ways to share this feeling with others.

A gentle, contemplative fragrance: lilac blossoms, violet sugar, orris root, stephanotis, and osmanthus.

For that stubborn, powerful streak, perhaps you might like something more like Wanda(Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle) or Hellcat (A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond ).

Just my two cents. :D

:welcome: to the forum, to both of you, BTW. :wave: Hope to see you around, here and there, finding many lovely scents to enjoy!

Ursa and Balame -- Thanks so much for the recs! I'm waiting for my most recent order to come in, and you guys have named scents I didn't even know about before (darn!). Will definitely be taking a look at those :)

Usagi - Thank you so much darling! Both of those sound great and are surely making my list! :heart:

My first thought was Iole - A serious, studious scent: fig, night-blooming jasmine, red sandalwood, bourbon vanilla, oak bark, leather accord, and black amber.

and then for someone unconventional who sees things differently: Agnes Nutter - The mind of Agnes Nutter was so far adrift in Time that she was considered pretty mad even by the standards of seventeenth-century Lancashire, where mad prophetesses were a growth industry.

Gunpowder, charred wood, smoke, and rusty nails.

or maybe War, also from the Good Omens series and probably a bit more wearable - Red ginger, black spices, patchouli, honeysuckle, and three blood-soaked red musks.

Edited by ReallyZeb

As for me. . . . a special ed teacher who is currently a stay-at-home mom. I'm fighting the fact that finances will require me to go back to work in the fall and I'll also have to take classes to keep my teaching license. I'd rather focus on my family and friends. Active in music at my church & enjoy a monthly music & mead group at a local meadery. Love to sing, read, walk in the woods, swim, camp . . . love scifi & fantasy wear a lot of blue jeans & T's but enjoy funky & colorful when I have a chance to dress up. Love cooking (& eating) currently short hair but I cycle thru long & short over the years. It used to be blonde, then dark blonde, and just recently turned all the way brown (with little bits of gray) Blue eyes. Love to relax & laugh whenever I can.although since becoming a mother there's a lot less time for relaxing (and even less in the fall . . .) A Taurus.

For you, LisaNut, I'm getting an "Elf" vibe :)

I did this a couple of years ago and feel that I have changed enough that the recommendations may change (although I have been introduced to some nice scents that way)

At 22, I'm still a double major (actually doing a double honours, because I guess I love school so mucho don't really want to leave) in dance and communications. I'm writing my thesis on censorship laws surrounding music on the radio in Canada and now am really interested in policy, particularly arts policy. Once I'm finished my degree (August providing no major setbacks) I am debating about whether or not to go to law or grad school right now with the amount that I am enjoying my thesis I am leaning towards a really interesting interdisciplinary program that combines communications and the arts which fits perfectly into my new found passion for policy.

In addition to the school 'stuff' which is a very important part of my life, I'm still a longish haired red head, very pale and generally hates sitting out in the sun due to burning. I'm an extrovert in that I like to talk a lot and tend to process thoughts through speech, but I prefer to interact with smaller groups of people rather than large ones. I love reading, primarily dystopia, like brave new world and animal farm. I'm also an avid gamer and will play anything from mass effect to harvest moon and many things in between. I'm also a mega nerd! I love Firefly, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who and many other things.

I wear a lot of simple things but like a little bit extra to make an outfit special. Usually I prefer textures to patterns, like a great bit of lace detailing instead of zebra print. I also tend to stick with darker colours, jewel tones mostly but I have been branching out lately. I love all colours, I just don't usually wear them.

Personality specific I tend to take things quite seriously especially if it is a task that needs to be done. I'm quick witted and sarcastic some times as a form of armour for insecurity, but I truly love bantering with others. I'm an odd contradiction that I hold myself to much higher standards than I hold anyone else. I try to help others forgive themselves, but don't forgive myself. I wear my heart on my sleeve and am a terrible lier as my emotions always show.

That was a lot more detailed than last time I did this. Sorry for the long ramble and hopefully someone made it through and can give some recommendations.

I did this a couple of years ago and feel that I have changed enough that the recommendations may change (although I have been introduced to some nice scents that way)

Interesting. You seem to have a studious/perfectionist vibe, but you're also sensitive and considerate of others. Thinking of scents that are intellectual but sweet...

Mr. Ibis (Papyrus, vanilla flower, Egyptian musk, African musk, aloe ferox, white sandalwood.)

Philosopher in Meditation (Smoldering woodfire embers, Galen's Kyphi, and Abramelin incense.)

Celeste (Madagascan vanilla bean, vanilla orchid, orris root, and saffron.)

The Bow and Crown of Conquest (Sage, carnation and cedar with lavender, vanilla, white musk and leather.)

Aureus (No note description. It's pretty much cedar and amber.)

Dawn: Maiden (Tea roses, honeysuckle, heliotrope, olive blossom, milk, and honey.)

I haven't done this in awhile either, and I feel that my personality has shifted since I did it last.

Sign-wise I'm an aries with my moon in gemini and cancer rising. I still have a strong drive towards social science, though it's been years since I finished my masters-though I find my interests drifting towards the 'darker'. I plan on getting my PhD in death studies if I ever go that far. I'm a knitter and a horror blogger.

I've been told that I have a fairly dualistic personality-the first impression is that I run on the aggressive/dominant side but I have a healer/comforter streak that's almost as dominant. I'm actually much more tuned into people's emotions than I think people are aware and I'm working on acknowledging that more often. That said I do tend to run towards talkative and impatient. I'm fairly introverted and people keep aligning me with water- I'm very 'autumn' in terms of coloration and I do best at dusk time-wise. I'm most active between 3 pm and midnight.

I am fairly nerdy but as I mentioned before most of my fandoms run to dark/horror. I cook, almost obsessively, and I'm a canner. I'm much harder on myself than what people think I am, and I place a lot of weight on earning what you get out of life.