Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

I love recommending scents based on peoples personalities so I thought I would make a thread for it!

So here is the first one: MY personality :D

I'm a pretty silly and outgoing person. People have called me "cute" and "adorable" and "silly" more times than I can count. I'm an Architecture and English double major. I love the mountains and cold weather. I'm pretty terrible at sports apart from running and tae kwon do :) I'm always pretty hyper but not in an obnoxious way hehe. Black tea, orange juice, and passion fruit juice are my favorites. My hobbies include reading, writing, art stuff, listening to music (favorites include Beirut, Cold War Kids, Her Space Holiday, Jacques Brel, Ferraby Lionheart, etc!), movies (AMELIE!!!), sewing, hanging out with friends, acting, I could go on! I love to learn and think and that's about it overall hehe.

So what do you guys think? Any scent suggestions?

Feel free to write a little blurb about yourself too and get the thread going!!

I love recommending scents based on peoples personalities so I thought I would make a thread for it!

So here is the first one: MY personality :D

I'm a pretty silly and outgoing person. People have called me "cute" and "adorable" and "silly" more times than I can count. I'm an Architecture and English double major. I love the mountains and cold weather. I'm pretty terrible at sports apart from running and tae kwon do :) I'm always pretty hyper but not in an obnoxious way hehe. Black tea, orange juice, and passion fruit juice are my favorites. My hobbies include reading, writing, art stuff, listening to music (favorites include Beirut, Cold War Kids, Her Space Holiday, Jacques Brel, Ferraby Lionheart, etc!), movies (AMELIE!!!), sewing, hanging out with friends, acting, I could go on! I love to learn and think and that's about it overall hehe.

So what do you guys think? Any scent suggestions?

Feel free to write a little blurb about yourself too and get the thread going!!

My first thought was Tweedledee, just because I identify as cute and silly and Tweedle's one of my signature scents. Also, Xanthe the Weeping Clown might be awesome for you, as would Jailbait (that whole sweet-candy aspect). Dee for the English major, always. Maybe Phoenix Steamworks for the architecture side?

I'm an English major too, and I really love cooking, reading, climbing trees and riding horses. I'm also a writer and I love creamy black tea (really adore fruit-infused black teas). Boarding school fiction is one of my favorite kinds and "A Midsummer Night's Dream" is my favorite Shakespeare play. I also love music. Amanda Palmer, Vienna Teng, Ben Folds and Flogging Molly are a few of my favorites. Theater also makes me happy. My friends describe me as quirky, quiet until you get to know me, and intelligent. Go go, reccs thread!

My first thought was Tweedledee, just because I identify as cute and silly and Tweedle's one of my signature scents. Also, Xanthe the Weeping Clown might be awesome for you, as would Jailbait (that whole sweet-candy aspect). Dee for the English major, always. Maybe Phoenix Steamworks for the architecture side?

I'm an English major too, and I really love cooking, reading, climbing trees and riding horses. I'm also a writer and I love creamy black tea (really adore fruit-infused black teas). Boarding school fiction is one of my favorite kinds and "A Midsummer Night's Dream" is my favorite Shakespeare play. I also love music. Amanda Palmer, Vienna Teng, Ben Folds and Flogging Molly are a few of my favorites. Theater also makes me happy. My friends describe me as quirky, quiet until you get to know me, and intelligent. Go go, reccs thread!

I instantly thought of Dorian - englishy, tea, lemon (fruity) and lavender always reminds me of midsummer night's and its quirky enough (at least in my opinion) for your personality and music tastes. All this Dorian talk makes me realize how I have been neglecting it and must wear it today.

Double major in my case - Dance and Communications (basically like Sociology but focusing on media). I'm artistic and creative yet methodical. I have long red hair and at times a temper to match - especially when it comes to topics of justice. My ultimate goal after being a professional dancer for a few years is to become a human rights lawyer and deal with the ridiculousness that occurs in society. I love food - to eat but not necessarily to smell foodie. People describe me as energetic, enthusiastic, intelligent, old beyond my years (or as my mother says an old soul - you were born old) passionate and responsible. I suppose I seem like a bit of a paradox but that's what I am. Any reccs?

Double major in my case - Dance and Communications (basically like Sociology but focusing on media). I'm artistic and creative yet methodical. I have long red hair and at times a temper to match - especially when it comes to topics of justice. My ultimate goal after being a professional dancer for a few years is to become a human rights lawyer and deal with the ridiculousness that occurs in society. I love food - to eat but not necessarily to smell foodie. People describe me as energetic, enthusiastic, intelligent, old beyond my years (or as my mother says an old soul - you were born old) passionate and responsible. I suppose I seem like a bit of a paradox but that's what I am. Any reccs?

The first scent that came to mind was Pele, as she is a goddess known for her dancing and associated with volcanoes and a rather impressive temper. She is ready to quarrel with her siblings at a moment's notice (hopefully here and there for a just cause ;) ) and her scent has both sharp and soft aspects (a hint of paradox), all of which are non-foody (the ginger in this does not seem overly foody to me). Her godhood would account for the "old soul."

As for me, I am a German and Japanese double major. I am not very creative, I am sad to say, but I have a very strong work ethic and will choose study over social life. I am always punctual and will keep my nose to the grindstone to the bitter end, through weekends and breaks, if need be. I pride myself on my intelligence. If I actually choose to get together with friends, I party HARD. I like bizarre and surrealist humor, but am also easily amused by stupid knock-knock jokes and vulgar word play. I am extremely curious and can spend hours reading up on some topic on Wikipedia and associated source links (for example, just yesterday, I spent what little free time I have during finals week reading up on Kyrgyzstan, Uyghur writing, juvenile diabetes and calculus). I love video games, but I kind of suck at most of them. People usually think I'm younger than I actually am. I'm not big on sweets.

Edited by Diva Urd

As for me, I am a German and Japanese double major. I am not very creative, I am sad to say, but I have a very strong work ethic and will choose study over social life. I am always punctual and will keep my nose to the grindstone to the bitter end, through weekends and breaks, if need be. I pride myself on my intelligence. If I actually choose to get together with friends, I party HARD. I like bizarre and surrealist humor, but am also easily amused by stupid knock-knock jokes and vulgar word play. I am extremely curious and can spend hours reading up on some topic on Wikipedia and associated source links (for example, just yesterday, I spent what little free time I have during finals week reading up on Kyrgyzstan, Uyghur writing, juvenile diabetes and calculus). I love video games, but I kind of suck at most of them. People usually think I'm younger than I actually am. I'm not big on sweets.

Hmmm. I want to say Wilde just because I think it's fitting! Oscar Wilde and all! Don't know why but it feels like it works? And Carnaval Diabolique. It's lemony but then all lovely opium smoke and musk without being sweet. It's sharp a little daunting but oh so unique and intriguing. Very hmmm. I can't say but it made me think of your description of your personality :D

ciaobonefish- I totally thought of high strung daisies for you!! Its sweet, sugary and tons of fun! Its one of my signatures =D

Banyangirl- I second dorian and maybe unveiled! Its a spicey peach tea on me.

Beckie- Something with cinnamin jummped at me first. Like Chimera maybe? Also maybe Horruer Sympathique because it is a beautiful and complex smell.

Diva Urd- I see miskatonic university working out for you. Its the smell of a late night study session =)

No big university for me (at least not yet). Im looking at some conservatories in California though. I am an actor, makeup artist, and pin-up girl. Dont be fooled though im one of the biggest geek girls around. My favorite thing in the world is to make people laugh either with me or at me. Im not good at sports in fact im pretty accident proned but i do love dancing! I've been called cute,hyper, and chaotic. My favorite bands are:The killers,deathcab for cutie, rancid, and most boadway musicals. My favorite playwrights are Jean Paul Sartre,Neil Simon, William Shakespear, and Christopher Durang. Im a wierdo soo good luck =)

No big university for me (at least not yet). Im looking at some conservatories in California though. I am an actor, makeup artist, and pin-up girl. Dont be fooled though im one of the biggest geek girls around. My favorite thing in the world is to make people laugh either with me or at me. Im not good at sports in fact im pretty accident proned but i do love dancing! I've been called cute,hyper, and chaotic. My favorite bands are:The killers,deathcab for cutie, rancid, and most boadway musicals. My favorite playwrights are Jean Paul Sartre,Neil Simon, William Shakespear, and Christopher Durang. Im a wierdo soo good luck =)

I see Juliet for the acting/Shakespeare love, and Metallic Pinwheel for the chaotic, fun loving. For the pinup side, I'm seeing Bordello. Whats interesting is that these scents all involve fruit!

for me: I'm a literature lover, was a teacher, but now I'm a stay at home mom -- mainly because I dont know how to balance things. Its all or nothing for me. When I taught I was damn good at it, but not good at anything else. I tend to do alot of creative things - writing, painting, crochet, sewing, and I dabble in the perfume arts. I'm scared of my closet, although that seems to be better now that I have a baby to occupy my overactive mind -- maybe I cant be bothered with that stuff now that I worry for her! I love computer games, like the fantasy MMO's and the Sim games. I'm a blue jeans girl, although I like to dress it up with jackets and boots. I worry that I dont stand out enough, too average - brown hair, brown eyes, and I tend to avoid bright colors and flashness in general. Wow, seeing yourself summed up like that is hard!

Edited by CaudaPavonis

for me: I'm a literature lover, was a teacher, but now I'm a stay at home mom -- mainly because I dont know how to balance things. Its all or nothing for me. When I taught I was damn good at it, but not good at anything else. I tend to do alot of creative things - writing, painting, crochet, sewing, and I dabble in the perfume arts. I'm scared of my closet, although that seems to be better now that I have a baby to occupy my overactive mind -- maybe I cant be bothered with that stuff now that I worry for her! I love computer games, like the fantasy MMO's and the Sim games. I'm a blue jeans girl, although I like to dress it up with jackets and boots. I worry that I dont stand out enough, too average - brown hair, brown eyes, and I tend to avoid bright colors and flashness in general. Wow, seeing yourself summed up like that is hard!

I'd go with Dormouse, as it's intellectual (well, it's got tea and comes from literature), unassuming, understated, but still sweetly feminine. And, like blue jeans, it sort of goes with everything.

For me... I am basically the nerdy librarian type. From Wisconsin, did the Boston thing for a computer science major. I absolutely adore traveling (Germany and England have been favorite destinations), and spend a lot of time on my own reading (Jane Austen <3) and sewing. I prefer tea to coffee.

I sort of deviate from all that by living in Los Angeles and working at a visual effects studio. I'm also a bit of a beer snob.

I immediately thought of The Illustrated Woman, which is one of my favorites. First of all, the Illustrated Woman is a redhead. :D She's also creative, but tough and not syrupy sweet. When I think of that scent, I always think of a seasoned barmaid who's seen it all - sort of an old soul, like you said. Maybe it'll be a good fit for you. :)

For me... I am basically the nerdy librarian type. From Wisconsin, did the Boston thing for a computer science major. I absolutely adore traveling (Germany and England have been favorite destinations), and spend a lot of time on my own reading (Jane Austen <3) and sewing. I prefer tea to coffee.

I sort of deviate from all that by living in Los Angeles and working at a visual effects studio. I'm also a bit of a beer snob.

The Jane Austen thing immediately made me think of Cordelia, which reminded a some people in the reviews thread of a Jane Austen character sipping tea in her garden with the lilacs. :) Also, Wilde for more literary inspiration. Saint-Germain, which a lot of people described as intelligent and sexy. (It didn't work for me, but I'm trying to put my bias aside!)

Edited by tailoredshirt

I'm still deciding on what my very first six imps should be so unfortunately I'm not very helpful with recommendations at the moment...I want to see what you all think and help me out if that's okay. :D

I major in illustration. I like working in clay, pastels and colored pencils (mm, pencil wood!) coffee and tea have been my companions for most nights and a part of my artwork too.

My hobbies are kayaking, hiking, traveling overseas, cooking, reading and collecting old books, dumpster diving, making figurines

I can be very introverted unless I'm with my friends then I just act goofy and outgoing.

I like relaxing, I hate conflict but I'm capable of defending myself if I really have to.

I'm easily bored and my taste in interests like music changes a lot (i.e. from glam rock to ska).

I usually wear dark or muted colors. I don't like attracting attention plus it feels cozier.

I'm a picky eater and drinker (most alcohol does not love me)...I feel weird talking about myself. Um, I think that's about it.

Any recommendations will be much loved <3

Edited by MinVi

I'm still deciding on what my very first six imps should be so unfortunately I'm not very helpful with recommendations at the moment...I want to see what you all think and help me out if that's okay. :D

I major in illustration. I like working in clay, pastels and colored pencils (mm, pencil wood!) coffee and tea have been my companions for most nights and a part of my artwork too.

My hobbies are kayaking, hiking, traveling overseas, cooking, reading and collecting old books, dumpster diving, making figurines

I can be very introverted unless I'm with my friends then I just act goofy and outgoing.

I like relaxing, I hate conflict but I'm capable of defending myself if I really have to.

I'm easily bored and my taste in interests like music changes a lot (i.e. from glam rock to ska).

I usually wear dark or muted colors. I don't like attracting attention plus it feels cozier.

I'm a picky eater and drinker (most alcohol does not love me)...I feel weird talking about myself. Um, I think that's about it.

The coffee and old books automatically makes me think of Miskatonic University. Which, on me is utter hazelnut coffee. It's also a comforting and unobtrusive scent, as most people will just assume that you just finished drinking some coffee, rather than notice it's a perfume, which also fits the introversion and the dark cozy requirements.

The outdoors and active lifestyle bit makes me think of Dracul or Slobbering Pine, something with a good evergreen forest feel. Plus, Dracul has a bit of the world travel and old books aspect as well.

Now for me...

I'm one of those quintessential geeky bookworm girls, to the point where if my mother ever needed to find me, she'd just call the library and ask the librarians there to send me home. I'm fascinated by science and religion in equal measures, and my bachelor's degree was an interdisciplinary field that let me take classes in both biology and religious studies. I read fantasy, science fiction, and historical fiction for the main.

I'm very centered on family and friends, and tend to be the support network for a lot of the people I know. I'm a very introverted people person. I'm going into massage therapy as a career because I get to help people and make them feel better on a one-on-one basis.

I've got long red hair, glasses, and am normally wearing long flowy skirts and knit tops, mostly in lighter shades. My favorite neutral is gray, and I tend to wear a lot of blues, greens, and pinks.

I'm one of those quintessential geeky bookworm girls, to the point where if my mother ever needed to find me, she'd just call the library and ask the librarians there to send me home. I'm fascinated by science and religion in equal measures, and my bachelor's degree was an interdisciplinary field that let me take classes in both biology and religious studies. I read fantasy, science fiction, and historical fiction for the main.

I'm very centered on family and friends, and tend to be the support network for a lot of the people I know. I'm a very introverted people person. I'm going into massage therapy as a career because I get to help people and make them feel better on a one-on-one basis.

I've got long red hair, glasses, and am normally wearing long flowy skirts and knit tops, mostly in lighter shades. My favorite neutral is gray, and I tend to wear a lot of blues, greens, and pinks.

Strangely enough, my first thought was Aziraphale, which is a scent I've never even tried. It's just that your personality put me in mind of the character Aziraphale from Good Omens: bookworm, religious studies, helping people, sci-fi/fantasy. And beyond that I'm just putting faith in Beth's interpretation of a scent for a people-helping bookworm geek to interpret another people-helping bookworm geek :P Which reminds me, why haven't I tried Azirphale and Crowley at one of the Meet n' Sniffs I've managed to go to?

Me:

Not anywhere near as creative and interesting a life as the other posters on this thread. I'm an Electrical Engineering gal which in practical terms means I'm a cubicle creature who spends the majority of her days communing with the work computers over the placement of millions of multicolored rectangles in 3D. While my body lives inside a small, padded box my brain often floats free in escapist fantasies. I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy geek and also like some historical fiction, and am a HUGE bookworm. My approach to music is the same. I like to listen to music that takes me to a place and time I've never been to, so I listen to a lot of international music and medieval/renaissance music. Well, except for days when I want to listen noisy noise and then I listen to the Pixies and Soundgarden and TV on the Radio.

I'm an introverted person and don't talk much to people I don't know, but once I get to know someone, I will talk their ear off if I'm in the mood. I have a very dark, cynical, sometimes morbid sense of humor that I can never turn off, no matter how inappropriate. This is inconvenient. In spite of the fact that I'm introverted, I tend to dress colorfully. I'll wear retro 60s, 70s styles, or bright colors, or frou-frou confections of laciness, embroidery, and poof.

Not anywhere near as creative and interesting a life as the other posters on this thread. I'm an Electrical Engineering gal which in practical terms means I'm a cubicle creature who spends the majority of her days communing with the work computers over the placement of millions of multicolored rectangles in 3D. While my body lives inside a small, padded box my brain often floats free in escapist fantasies. I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy geek and also like some historical fiction, and am a HUGE bookworm. My approach to music is the same. I like to listen to music that takes me to a place and time I've never been to, so I listen to a lot of international music and medieval/renaissance music. Well, except for days when I want to listen noisy noise and then I listen to the Pixies and Soundgarden and TV on the Radio.

I'm an introverted person and don't talk much to people I don't know, but once I get to know someone, I will talk their ear off if I'm in the mood. I have a very dark, cynical, sometimes morbid sense of humor that I can never turn off, no matter how inappropriate. This is inconvenient. In spite of the fact that I'm introverted, I tend to dress colorfully. I'll wear retro 60s, 70s styles, or bright colors, or frou-frou confections of laciness, embroidery, and poof.

Someone with a broader knowledge of scents could probably do more justice to the first bit, because my mind just goes to something in the steamworks category: No 93 Engine or The Coil. I haven't tried the coil, but it sounds more specifically electric, whereas No 93 engine to me is a weird combo of being industrious and dreamy. But I like the idea of them being appropriate for the job, and yet evocative of this whole fantasy steampunk world.

For the second bit, my mind jumped to students with glittering eyes and forky tongues: the inspiration is so morbid (the snakes leaping out and killing the greedy wife in The Little Sparrow With the Split Tongue), but it's such a cheerful, colorful scent.

--

Me, I'm a publishing student studying editing and book marketing. I eventually want to work for a small press, hopefully doing something with YA literature. So it comes to no surprise that reading and writing are two of my passions. I majored in English during my undergraduate years, and I still get geek joy out of anything literary. I have a special fondness for Virginia Woolf. When I'm not being a lit. geek, I study three different styles of belly dance (I used to do modern dance but switched after undergrad). If it were humanly possible, I'd buy all my food at local farmer's markets. I love the arts and am very creative. I prefer to walk to get where I'm going. I also strongly identify as a feminist and have a passion for social justice.

Oddly enough, I'm pretty shy despite having outgoing interests, and I have this cutesy youthfulness to me, but sometimes I wish I were a little more badass (see Emma Peel).

Me, I'm a publishing student studying editing and book marketing. I eventually want to work for a small press, hopefully doing something with YA literature. So it comes to no surprise that reading and writing are two of my passions. I majored in English during my undergraduate years, and I still get geek joy out of anything literary. I have a special fondness for Virginia Woolf. When I'm not being a lit. geek, I study three different styles of belly dance (I used to do modern dance but switched after undergrad). If it were humanly possible, I'd buy all my food at local farmer's markets. I love the arts and am very creative. I prefer to walk to get where I'm going. I also strongly identify as a feminist and have a passion for social justice.

Oddly enough, I'm pretty shy despite having outgoing interests, and I have this cutesy youthfulness to me, but sometimes I wish I were a little more badass (see Emma Peel).

Bugger aille this bible (its one of the gaimans) because it's a book scent

Perhaps even a softer scent girly-ish like Vasilissa layered with something 'badass' like white rider

Me:

Maybe Florence or Venice? Both of these really smelled like scents from another time to me and might be nice to smell while you listen to renaissance music. Rosalind or others in the Ilyria section might appeal to you. Dragon's Reverie or Dragon's Heart might be nice for your cubicle. If you put a few drops on a paper towel and put that near your computer you will be able to smell it but it won't scent up the whole place.

The part about colorful 60's and 70's clothing, bright colors and frou-frou is paradoxical, maybe Queen Alice? It is a bit quirky but still somehow serious.

That part about not standing out enough... if you could find something that is very distinctive but also quite wearable, something not attention-getting in the snake oil sense but that people will remember, and then wear it frequently you might feel more unique. Blue jeans dressed up with jackets and boots... so many would go with that. Have you tried Haramise? It seemed really distinctive and elegant to me but chestnut isn't for everybody.

Have you tried Chimera? The part about dark colors feeling cozier made me think of it. It is a comforting cinnamon scent made into a perfume with myrrh. Others that might seem cozy and comfortable are Dragon's Heart (although on some people the dragon's blood can be a bit attention-getting), Yvaine (comforting for those who find lavender relaxing and very much an introverted scent). The Apothecary might go with your outdoor hobbies and it would smell nice without attracting a lot of attention. I think there is tea in it. The part about your artwork and illustration made me think of The Tree of Knowedge of Good and Evil. It is complex and sort of subdued and bright at the same time. It is fruity but the fruits aren't really recognizable. Something creative about it. You will need a bunch of scents anyway since you get bored easily.

For me:

I'm pretty introverted. I do warm up a bit with friends but often would rather be alone. I like to talk and think about serious things, like the next world, spiritual life, finding meaning in life, but I'm not intellectual or academic. I try to lighten up a bit and I do appreciate humor in other people. I draw and paint but am not a professional artist. I love tarot, renaissance illuminations, calligraphy, angels, indoor plants. I listen almost exclusively to opera and metal, especially the heavy, dark slow styles. I am very polite (a great defense) and try to be kind to other people but it is difficult sometimes. Beauty is important to me, both in the abstract sense and in trying to look my best. I often feel unsuccessful at this.

I have chin length curly dark brown/black hair and brown eyes, wear mostly black, grey, blue, dark magenta, jeans almost all the time with blouses or nice t-shirts and jewelry.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Edited by Myrrha

For me: I'm pretty introverted. I do warm up a bit with friends but often would rather be alone. I like to talk and think about serious things, like the next world, spiritual life, finding meaning in life, but I'm not intellectual or academic. I try to lighten up a bit and I do appreciate humor in other people. I draw and paint but am not a professional artist. I love tarot, renaissance illuminations, calligraphy, angels, indoor plants. I listen almost exclusively to opera and metal, especially the heavy, dark slow styles. I am very polite (a great defense) and try to be kind to other people but it is difficult sometimes. Beauty is important to me, both in the abstract sense and in trying to look my best. I often feel unsuccessful at this.

I have chin length curly dark brown/black hair and brown eyes, wear mostly black, grey, blue, dark magenta, jeans almost all the time with blouses or nice t-shirts and jewelry.

Lampades comes to mind - kind of introverted (and not flashy) but also dramatic at the same time. And it's beautiful! Oh, and I meant to add Black Lotus too. And maybe Salome.

Edited by sqwook

For me:

I'm pretty introverted. I do warm up a bit with friends but often would rather be alone. I like to talk and think about serious things, like the next world, spiritual life, finding meaning in life, but I'm not intellectual or academic. I try to lighten up a bit and I do appreciate humor in other people. I draw and paint but am not a professional artist. I love tarot, renaissance illuminations, calligraphy, angels, indoor plants. I listen almost exclusively to opera and metal, especially the heavy, dark slow styles. I am very polite (a great defense) and try to be kind to other people but it is difficult sometimes. Beauty is important to me, both in the abstract sense and in trying to look my best. I often feel unsuccessful at this.

Hmm. I don't know why but I instantly though of Sea of Glass. May be because it's so tranquil and serene and serious in a way. I feel like it would be a lovely marriage of contrast: a light scent with dark clothes etc. Brighten you up :) Also your fascination with beauty also makes me think of Sea of Glass! Just loverly.

I also can't help but think of Bw and Crown of Conquest or Mme. Moriarty. Both are deep and dark scents. Bow and Crown is deep and not sweet but very comforting while Mme. Moriarty has a bit of a kick to it.

All the scents are beautiful!

Oh and I second the Black Lotus recommedation!

The "dumpster diving" and "capable of defending [yourself]" bits made me think of the Neverwhere line. Anesthesia or Door in particular, as they're both really lovely but kind of muted. Sorry to recommend unimpables, but... they're nice?

This makes me think about the Wanderlust line for whatever reason. Something like Venice or Rome or Paris or some of the other very, very old cities.

For me:

I am thinking Ether for you. There seems to be something very emphemeral and poetic about you. You seem like you have a number of interests, yet not one particular or specific definition. I think that serious and elusive nature would very much match nicely to Ether. Ether has a quality of being both sophisticated and eclectic with a dash of mystery.

For me: I am a dreamer through and through. I indulge in children's literature, ballet, role playing games, writing, photography, scrapbooking and gardening. I'm very feminine and romantic and my favorite color is pink. As you can probably tell, I never really grew out of my princess phase. All manner of whimiscal knick-knacks adorn my shelves which I have collected in my travels. Some of my favorite pasttimes are visiting tea houses, having picnics and wandering in parks and gardens. Spending my time daydreaming or exploring is a great joy to me. I feel most alive when I am either surrounded by nature or shopping in old vintage Victoriana shops. My imagination is the thing that drives me the most. There are times that I can be introverted, moody and aloof, but for the most part I am optimistic and possess a youthful spirit.

For me: I am a dreamer through and through. I indulge in children's literature, ballet, role playing games, writing, photography, scrapbooking and gardening. I'm very feminine and romantic and my favorite color is pink. As you can probably tell, I never really grew out of my princess phase. All manner of whimiscal knick-knacks adorn my shelves which I have collected in my travels. Some of my favorite pasttimes are visiting tea houses, having picnics and wandering in parks and gardens. Spending my time daydreaming or exploring is a great joy to me. I feel most alive when I am either surrounded by nature or shopping in old vintage Victoriana shops. My imagination is the thing that drives me the most. There are times that I can be introverted, moody and aloof, but for the most part I am optimistic and possess a youthful spirit.

Alice, most definitely, for the girlishness, children's lit, daydreams, and Victoriana. Also, Mag Mell for the exploration, love of nature, and just general green goodness.

as for myself... i'm a *huge* history buff. i was a Classical Civilizations major in college. think of majors in Archaeology, Anthropology, History, Latin, Greek, Philosophy, and Classical Literature, rolled into one. i'm a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, a historical recreation group, with a 14th c. Ottoman Turkish persona. i sew all of the garb for myself, my husband (he's a 15th c. Barbary Corsair), and our daughter by hand when i can. i'm a belly dancer, albeit not a very good one. i am an avid reader - i devour books. i'm particularly fond of fantasy (high, medieval, and dark, esp. lovecraft), science fiction (hard and cyberpunk), dystopian fiction, horror, and classical literature. i'm as like to be caught reading Lovecraft as i am Homer, Gibson as i am Chaucer. Musically, i'm all over the board. i love what would be considered goth (deathrock, darkwave, ebm, industrial), rockabilly/psychobilly, folk, filk, metal (viking metal, progressive, operatic, symphonic, power, speed), neo-swing... that's the more eclectic stuff. i listen to the radio too. :P i'm anything BUT a girly girl. i've got a rather morbid sense of humor and i'm a complete girl geek. i love RPGs - console AND tabletop. and i'm a terrible flirt in social situations.

i've been told my appearance is rather striking. i'm very pale, shoulder length black hair with suicide bangs (Bettie bangs), and huge blue grey eyes. i'm also 6' tall. i rarely wear any color other than black, red, or purple unless it's garb for an SCA event and then you'll see me in golds, reds, yellows, oranges... lots of very warm colors and tassels and jingly bits.

as for myself... i'm a *huge* history buff. i was a Classical Civilizations major in college. think of majors in Archaeology, Anthropology, History, Latin, Greek, Philosophy, and Classical Literature, rolled into one. i'm a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, a historical recreation group, with a 14th c. Ottoman Turkish persona. i sew all of the garb for myself, my husband (he's a 15th c. Barbary Corsair), and our daughter by hand when i can. i'm a belly dancer, albeit not a very good one. i am an avid reader - i devour books. i'm particularly fond of fantasy (high, medieval, and dark, esp. lovecraft), science fiction (hard and cyberpunk), dystopian fiction, horror, and classical literature. i'm as like to be caught reading Lovecraft as i am Homer, Gibson as i am Chaucer. Musically, i'm all over the board. i love what would be considered goth (deathrock, darkwave, ebm, industrial), rockabilly/psychobilly, folk, filk, metal (viking metal, progressive, operatic, symphonic, power, speed), neo-swing... that's the more eclectic stuff. i listen to the radio too. :P i'm anything BUT a girly girl. i've got a rather morbid sense of humor and i'm a complete girl geek. i love RPGs - console AND tabletop. and i'm a terrible flirt in social situations.

i've been told my appearance is rather striking. i'm very pale, shoulder length black hair with suicide bangs (Bettie bangs), and huge blue grey eyes. i'm also 6' tall. i rarely wear any color other than black, red, or purple unless it's garb for an SCA event and then you'll see me in golds, reds, yellows, oranges... lots of very warm colors and tassels and jingly bits.

Hrm...my first thought was Morgause, though Silk Road and Scherezade seem like they'd fit the SCA stuff better(and Scherezade would also fit in with the love of stories). Kumari Kandam, too, for some reason...

As for me...I was an art history major(primary interest in ancient art, both classical and pre-columbian), though I'm currently between schools and likely to switch focus to anthropology/folklore when I go back. I'm a mythology nerd, and have a slight thing for tricksters. I self-identify as a gamer, though it's mostly DnD(when I can) and boffer-LARP. I spent several years working in a library, but now do theatre-tech stuff and a variety of art projects in various media ranging from decoupage and collage to costuming, jewelry, sculpture, and perfumery. I'm something of a homebody, and tend to get quite nervous in crowds... Oh, and I collect tarot decks...think I'm up to an even dozen now, not counting non-tarot oracle cards.

Edited by bandobhran

As for me...I was an art history major(primary interest in ancient art, both classical and pre-columbian), though I'm currently between schools and likely to switch focus to anthropology/folklore when I go back. I'm a mythology nerd, and have a slight thing for tricksters. I self-identify as a gamer, though it's mostly DnD(when I can) and boffer-LARP. I spent several years working in a library, but now do theatre-tech stuff and a variety of art projects in various media ranging from decoupage and collage to costuming, jewelry, sculpture, and perfumery. I'm something of a homebody, and tend to get quite nervous in crowds... Oh, and I collect tarot decks...think I'm up to an even dozen now, not counting non-tarot oracle cards.

Hrm for some reason Sunrise with sea monsters comes to me, even though I've never smelt it (though I want to). I think it's probably a combo of the art history background and the folklore (sea monsters makes me think of clash of the titans lol). Then again many of the salons have art and folklore connections so it could easily be many of those. Then again, perhaps Tezcatlipoca who is a trickster god and would fit well with anthropology/folklore and your love of mythology and tricksters.

As for me, I was an economics undergrad (though I did consider chemistry) and then got an MBA after working in IT for a couple of years. I work in the non-profit arena at the moment overseas in a warzone. I tend to be seriously nomadic and move a lot. I'm often described as a jack of all trades, I know a little about a lot of things. I love learning and trivia. I love vocabulary! I'm good with computers/tech stuff (a bit of a nerd). I love literature and dystopias and scifi. Most people think I'm older than I am. I am ethnically mixed which results in me looking like many ethnicities (I've gotten everything from Italian to Native American :think:) I love music and have a wide and eclectic taste, though I'm partial to Indie singer songwriters and anything that has imagination and uniqueness.

Edited by V294

Sure, I'll give this a go!

I'm a lawyer studying postgrad, with an interest in maritime law and international law. I adore reading fantasy and sci-fi novels (to the extent of having to give away hundreds of books because they just would not fit in my two metre tall bookcases) with particular interests in urban mythology, cyberpunk and space opera. I'm also fond of steampunk - I seem to really like my social examinations to take place with magical stuff alongside! I also play a lot of RPG games on my consoles, draw (terribly badly) and play several musical instruments. People often describe me as superficially grumpy and sarcastic with a squishily sunny core, which I am not so sure that I agree with, but it's been coming up for years so I suppose it's got some merit. I also make terrible puns ... to the point where I am banned at work from making more than one a day.

What scent am I?

I"m kinda a newbie (less than a year) so I don't know all the scents as well as others, but here goes a few:

Against Idleness & Mischief ? and I'll second the Miskatonic U.

Stay at home mom: Diabolical Offspring :) and Against Idleness works for both mom & teacher.

Miskatonic U for coffee & working at night & books . . . .any of the wanderlust series for traveling . . do a serch for "pencil" or "wood" and see what you find that sounds interesting . . .

As for me, I was an economics undergrad (though I did consider chemistry) and then got an MBA after working in IT for a couple of years. I work in the non-profit arena at the moment overseas in a warzone. I tend to be seriously nomadic and move a lot. I'm often described as a jack of all trades, I know a little about a lot of things. I love learning and trivia. I love vocabulary! I'm good with computers/tech stuff (a bit of a nerd). I love literature and dystopias and scifi. Most people think I'm older than I am. I am ethnically mixed which results in me looking like many ethnicities (I've gotten everything from Italian to Native American :think:) I love music and have a wide and eclectic taste, though I'm partial to Indie singer songwriters and anything that has imagination and uniqueness.

Definitely wanderlust for you :)

Sure, I'll give this a go!

I'm a lawyer studying postgrad, with an interest in maritime law and international law. I adore reading fantasy and sci-fi novels (to the extent of having to give away hundreds of books because they just would not fit in my two metre tall bookcases) with particular interests in urban mythology, cyberpunk and space opera. I'm also fond of steampunk - I seem to really like my social examinations to take place with magical stuff alongside! I also play a lot of RPG games on my consoles, draw (terribly badly) and play several musical instruments. People often describe me as superficially grumpy and sarcastic with a squishily sunny core, which I am not so sure that I agree with, but it's been coming up for years so I suppose it's got some merit. I also make terrible puns ... to the point where I am banned at work from making more than one a day.

What scent am I?

I'd look at the Phoenix Steamworks & Research Facility for the steampunk, cyberpunk stuff. Cthulhu for maritime law (and scifi) and wasn't there a lurid library scent? Anyone who owns & gives away as many books as you should definitely have a library scent. The Buggre Alle This Bible, The Obsidian Widow also related to books . . .

As for me. . . . a special ed teacher who is currently a stay-at-home mom. I'm fighting the fact that finances will require me to go back to work in the fall and I'll also have to take classes to keep my teaching license. I'd rather focus on my family and friends. Active in music at my church & enjoy a monthly music & mead group at a local meadery. Love to sing, read, walk in the woods, swim, camp . . . love scifi & fantasy wear a lot of blue jeans & T's but enjoy funky & colorful when I have a chance to dress up. Love cooking (& eating) currently short hair but I cycle thru long & short over the years. It used to be blonde, then dark blonde, and just recently turned all the way brown (with little bits of gray) Blue eyes. Love to relax & laugh whenever I can.although since becoming a mother there's a lot less time for relaxing (and even less in the fall . . .) A Taurus.