Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

I haven't done this in awhile either, and I feel that my personality has shifted since I did it last.

Sign-wise I'm an aries with my moon in gemini and cancer rising. I still have a strong drive towards social science, though it's been years since I finished my masters-though I find my interests drifting towards the 'darker'. I plan on getting my PhD in death studies if I ever go that far. I'm a knitter and a horror blogger.

I've been told that I have a fairly dualistic personality-the first impression is that I run on the aggressive/dominant side but I have a healer/comforter streak that's almost as dominant. I'm actually much more tuned into people's emotions than I think people are aware and I'm working on acknowledging that more often. That said I do tend to run towards talkative and impatient. I'm fairly introverted and people keep aligning me with water- I'm very 'autumn' in terms of coloration and I do best at dusk time-wise. I'm most active between 3 pm and midnight.

I am fairly nerdy but as I mentioned before most of my fandoms run to dark/horror. I cook, almost obsessively, and I'm a canner. I'm much harder on myself than what people think I am, and I place a lot of weight on earning what you get out of life.

I instantly thought of dance of death - A gloriously elegant representation of Lady Death. Dry, bone-white orris, black musk, serpentine patchouli and our murkiest myrrh.

Also philogious - from the VILF line combines the intelligence with horror.

Horror Sympathique - The perfume of a hellbound soul, gleefully lost to iniquity: blood musk, golden honey, thick black wine, champagne grapes, tobacco flower, plum blossom, tonka bean, oakmoss, carnation, benzoin, opoponax, and sugar cane. Something about the description of the scent feels like a combo of the emotional softer side of your nature with the dominant and obviously the horror aspect as well.

Haunted - A mournful, poignant scent, thick with foreboding. Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk. So,shying abou the way this scent wears on me reminds me of the description between the contrast of healer and aggressive. It is somehow snugly and controlling at the same time

Also thank you Balame for your recommendations. I haven't tried any of those and some sound absolutely amazing!

Edited by Beckie

OoOoOooOh I love this idea. I'm not comfortable giving recommendations yet but I'm hoping to get there soon. In the meanwhile...

Let's see. Tall, slender, intensely curly dark brown hair with a decided mind of it's own (curls into dreadlocks whenever possible, eats pens, petals, and popcorn on a regular basis, attempts to strangle sleeping boyfriends). Often described as externally dark (large, heavy eyes and long lashes that are a grey/green) but internally I feel much more like a flower child. Extrovert shifting towards introvert as I go deeper into college - love people, love being around them, but need serious amounts of alone/quiet time to recharge. Sensual to the point of distraction, openly comfortable with sexuality, which combines well with dark and often weird humor. Extraordinarily driven by passion and often succeed at endeavors due to sheer willpower. Stubborn, intelligent, intensely empathetic often to the point of sensory overload. Quiet sensory indulgences are the delicacies of life - e.g fresh tea, rays of perfect light, quiet mornings, the touch of a sleeping lover's hair against my arm, all the good things. Animal behavior major to the point of obsession, determined to do useful things with it and outreach instead of pure behavioral science. Lifelong dancer (mostly folk and couple dancing, some social, no modern) and most at home and in heaven when waltzing. Loves to love and be in love - life goal is a good career with animals, but more importantly love and family and a home.

Ideas?

Alaeidrel, I would say Leanan Sidhe for you, it's very romantic.

And also Spellbound, if you can do rose.

This looks like fun! I'll give a shot.

I am a bundle of contradictions. Why, just recently at the comic shop I had trouble choosing between an adult comic and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I demand my movie be smart and thought-provoking, but will watch Monty Python and Mel Brooks films at the drop of a hat. I like shows like Doctor Who, but will tune into Adult Swim and Archer all the time. I love musicals, but my favorite ones are Avenue Q, Chicago, and Dreamgirls. My musical taste run the gamut from Bond to Queen to Panjabi MC and everything in between. I'm the girl that makes up a burlesque routine based on a cartoon character.

I'm told that my best qualities are my creativity, loyalty (almost to a fault) and my compassion.

I'm a Black female omni-nerd who wears her hair natural and wears every one of those labels with pride.

<3

This looks like fun! I'll give a shot.

I am a bundle of contradictions. Why, just recently at the comic shop I had trouble choosing between an adult comic and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I demand my movie be smart and thought-provoking, but will watch Monty Python and Mel Brooks films at the drop of a hat. I like shows like Doctor Who, but will tune into Adult Swim and Archer all the time. I love musicals, but my favorite ones are Avenue Q, Chicago, and Dreamgirls. My musical taste run the gamut from Bond to Queen to Panjabi MC and everything in between. I'm the girl that makes up a burlesque routine based on a cartoon character.

I'm told that my best qualities are my creativity, loyalty (almost to a fault) and my compassion.

I'm a Black female omni-nerd who wears her hair natural and wears every one of those labels with pride.

<3

I'm thinking Countess Willie - creative, sexy, well-read/knowledgeable in an eclectic variety of subjects, confident, and protective of those close to you.

"Sophisticated, dramatic, well-traveled, glamorous, and worldly, Countess Willie V. Piazza, owner of the French Studio, was a trendsetter in style and fashion. Countess Willie was an educated woman, a patron of the arts, and possessed an impressive library of rare volumes. She featured many historic jazz musicians in her House, including Tony Jackson and Jelly Roll Morton. Unlike many of her counterparts, she was known for having a kind heart and a generous, loving nature. She was fiercely protective: when a patron of her establishment, the nephew of a prominent New Orleans cleric, committed a heinous act of sadism against one of her ladies, Countess Willie shot him dead.

Chocolate plum musk, red musk, amaretto, candied fruits, and red ginger."

PS: You sound awesome!

well, this seems fun. i haven't ordered from bpal in a long time, so i guess i'll give this a go.

i'm ellie. i'm a playwright and part-time bartender, so i'm almost completely nocturnal. i'm a former geologist. i'm sarcastic, cynical, and outspoken. i talk like a sailor. blame my new jersey roots. i have a pretty dominant personality, to say the least. i'm a fighter, quite literally. i get into a lot of fights. i can't deal with idiots and they don't like when i call them out and i don't back down easily. i don't trust people who don't smoke. i'm obsessed with death and i really love funeral homes and cemeteries. i also love glittery, shiny things. drag queens are the best ever. my favorite movies are the shining, the royal tenenbaums, and the silence of the lambs. as for music, i like alternative, rock, dance, electronic, house, and cher...because cher is a genre. my favorite food is granny smith apples and my favorite drink is diet coke. also whiskey.

Ellie, my first thought for you was Black Opal - night and glittering colour, and the opal's numerous associations with misfortune would speak to your darker side, I think. It's an unusual and unique fragrance and not one that many cite as a favourite, but hard to forget once you've tried it. It seems apt. You sound like someone I'd like to know.

===

I'd like to play too; this is an interesting thread, so hopefully I don't make it too dull by contributing. So here's my "personality" and a request for recommendations:

===

Well, my first inclination is to write that I don't have a personality, but I suppose that would elicit a recommendation to splash myself from a bottle of water and have done with it. So, here goes:

Publicly, I'm snarky, brainy, and drier than wind, though careful to avoid cruelty in my snark. I've been told that I'm intimidating, "terrifyingly persuasive," and that I should maybe "dumb it down a bit" if I want to make more friends. I'm known for going on ridiculous rants of escalating hilarity about things that annoy me (which prompts others to deliberately discuss subjects that get on my nerves, just to watch and giggle at the flail). I enjoy subtle elegance, deep private time with friends instead of large gatherings, and shocking remarks inserted at random into conversations. I work as a medical transcriptionist, because it allows me to labour in solitude with neither supervision nor responsibility.

Privately, I'm convinced that I'm awkward, ridiculous, and utterly unlikeable. I'm actually of a rather religious bent. I love to read and write, thrill to poetry, would learn every language ever spoken if it were possible, and at a party - like anyone invites me to parties, ha! - you'll find me hiding among the potted plants and the household pets, and/or listening to someone else's problems over canapés. I don't speak much of my affections, just quietly see to it that the people I love are well-stocked with groceries, cooking, and amusement, and that they always have an ear and maybe an unexpected gift when times are hard. Even my cats know who the sucker is, and they use me as a bed, transport service, and tuna-provider at every opportunity. (And if anyone notices these things, I admonish them to stay quiet about it - lest my reputation be ruined, and I be forced to be an unbearable @$$hole to everyone for months on end in order to recover.)

People/characters that I've been compared to include Sylvia Plath, Daria, and the Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin of Sherwood. And I was flattered by all three.

Ellie, my first thought for you was Black Opal - night and glittering colour, and the opal's numerous associations with misfortune would speak to your darker side, I think. It's an unusual and unique fragrance and not one that many cite as a favourite, but hard to forget once you've tried it. It seems apt. You sound like someone I'd like to know.

===

I'd like to play too; this is an interesting thread, so hopefully I don't make it too dull by contributing. So here's my "personality" and a request for recommendations:

===

Well, my first inclination is to write that I don't have a personality, but I suppose that would elicit a recommendation to splash myself from a bottle of water and have done with it. So, here goes:

Publicly, I'm snarky, brainy, and drier than wind, though careful to avoid cruelty in my snark. I've been told that I'm intimidating, "terrifyingly persuasive," and that I should maybe "dumb it down a bit" if I want to make more friends. I'm known for going on ridiculous rants of escalating hilarity about things that annoy me (which prompts others to deliberately discuss subjects that get on my nerves, just to watch and giggle at the flail). I enjoy subtle elegance, deep private time with friends instead of large gatherings, and shocking remarks inserted at random into conversations. I work as a medical transcriptionist, because it allows me to labour in solitude with neither supervision nor responsibility.

Privately, I'm convinced that I'm awkward, ridiculous, and utterly unlikeable. I'm actually of a rather religious bent. I love to read and write, thrill to poetry, would learn every language ever spoken if it were possible, and at a party - like anyone invites me to parties, ha! - you'll find me hiding among the potted plants and the household pets, and/or listening to someone else's problems over canapés. I don't speak much of my affections, just quietly see to it that the people I love are well-stocked with groceries, cooking, and amusement, and that they always have an ear and maybe an unexpected gift when times are hard. Even my cats know who the sucker is, and they use me as a bed, transport service, and tuna-provider at every opportunity. (And if anyone notices these things, I admonish them to stay quiet about it - lest my reputation be ruined, and I be forced to be an unbearable @$$hole to everyone for months on end in order to recover.)

People/characters that I've been compared to include Sylvia Plath, Daria, and the Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin of Sherwood. And I was flattered by all three.

thanks. i will have to try to get my hands on that one. i would return this favor with a recommendation for you, but, sadly, i don't know enough about bpal to help you out. sorry, lady.

Reedsong, how about Heroine?

Myself, I am a rotten, opinionated, loudmouth. I am strong, smart, obnoxious and mean. Also totally soft hearted, sympathetic, and giving. Reformed pointy head.

I'm a Libra, I want justice, fairness and I get so angry at the lack thereof.

Edited by stellamaris

Stellamaris, thank you - it's not easy to find an imp of that one, but given the cause, the notes, and now the recommendation, it may be worth springing for a bottle of this one at my next payday. :)

For you - Nemesis or Verdandi came to mind.

Reedsong, how about Heroine?

Myself, I am a rotten, opinionated, loudmouth. I am strong, smart, obnoxious and mean. Also totally soft hearted, sympathetic, and giving. Reformed pointy head.

I'm a Libra, I want justice, fairness and I get so angry at the lack thereof.

Hmm, I don't know either or those, I will go and look them up!

I love Heroine myself, it has a wonderful rhubarb note that I find very fresh and refreshing.

Wow I just looked those two up, and I am amazed that I am totally unaware of either of them, and by reading the description for Nemesis I am really impressed by your insight, as it sounds like something made with a Libra, as I am, in mind.

And verdandi? So strange I don't know it as I have Urd, and love it, and just ordered Skuld. Thanks for those!

Edited by stellamaris

Stellamaris, THANK YOU! I came back to the thread to say that, and to include an update as I thought it'd be kind of neat.

I needed more incentive to buy the Ambergris SN - shipping to Canada, ach! - so I added a bottle of Heroine onto the order, and just got the package today.

At first the rhubarb is quite strong on my skin, and sour-green in that rather unique and unmistakeable way of garden-fresh rhubarb stalks. But then it mellows out beautifully to something softly glowing, a scent that seems to rest somewhere between Smut and The Living Flame. It's very close to my skin, comforting in that 'hugs and pie' sort of way that I associate with TAL Anthelion.

In short, it's the scent version of a person who seems bristly and bitter at first, but gradually reveals nobility, warmth, and compassion over time. Like an embrace covered in bristles, lol!

I consider it a high compliment to have had something so lovely recommended for me, and thank you again for suggesting a scent I would otherwise never have tried - especially as its proceeds go to a good cause besides. :)

Yay!!! I am so happy it worked out so well for you. I love Heroine so much, and it is just like what you said!

It's funny I always think of the Power Puff girls when I wear it, they are cute but fierce, saving the world before bedtime :lol:

It's also a scent that you can wear without having to worry if it's too heavy, it's strong but not obnoxious.

Just found this thread. Yes. I have been hiding under a rock :)

How cool to have a scent recommended to you based on a personality description!

Hopefully, I can someday share my educated opinion on scent recommendations, but until that time, maybe someone could do mine?

Here it is:

My sign is Aries, Chinese year of the monkey. I'm a pessimist (although I like to say realist), creative (art degree: read stay at home mom). I love to dance (mainly ballet and zoomba, if zoomba is even considered "dancing"), sensitive (which totally sucks with the creativity thing because I hate criticism). My favorite color is blue (associated with the need to control or be in control). Sarcastic (but only occasionally now; I've gotten much softer with old age and my medication: aka happy pills). I feel socially awkward, but if I get to know someone or a small group of people, I'm outgoing and possibly even obnoxious.

Good morrow, everyone!

I'm a bit nervous about this, as this is my . . . mmm, second post, I think.

I've been a big fan of BPAL since my first order in, ah, 2005, I believe it was, but just joined up here last year.

This thread really has intrigued me - I'm quite curious to see what scents other folks would recommend for me!

I'm going to be really very lazy here - I'll say a bit about myself and then I'll paste in what I wrote on my "About Me" page, if that's alright. :)

I'm a 32 year old woman, I was born and raised in the southern US, I'm extremely shy/introverted, I like to think I'm intelligent but know I'm probably not, I enjoy working word puzzles, number puzzles and jigsaw puzzles, I'm not creative in the least, and my About Me page says:

"My interests are as follows:

Learning things (chemistry, geology, physics, ecology, dendrology, entomology, meteorology, astronomy, history, anything vaguely pertaining to self-sufficiency, solar power, small engine repair, trivia and facts of all sorts, and basically anything I don't already know - which is quite a lot, actually ...)

Doing things (trying to become a chippy autodidact/polymath/renaissance woman/jill-of-all-trades, reading nonfiction books on science and history, reading pre-1900 novels [Victor Hugo has my heart at the moment], cooking [especially dutch oven and open-fire/hearth cooking], knitting, crocheting, sewing [mostly by hand as my sewing machine is on the fritz], gardening, canning and fermenting, playing card/dice/board games [and Arkham Horror when I can find other folks who want to play], re-purposing old things ["upcycling" sounds slightly ridiculous], amassing old cookbooks and dishes, improving my vocabulary, hiking, gardening, memorizing Romantic/Victorian poetry, developing a working homestead out in the sticks, watching scientific and historical documentaries, camping, improving my Latin and Esperanto and math skills, visiting the library regularly, playing too many games on my roommate's XBox, corresponding with folks having similar interests [hint, hint]...)

Liking things (my wonderful and talented man, aprons, cold weather, folklore, fairy tales, hunting boots, history in general, Viking feasts, old books and papers, attics, inkwells, comfy long skirts and overalls, the woods, snow, ecru and green and blue, handkerchiefs, steamer trunks, crocheting doilies and bedspreads and tablecloths, a good steak, moths, mountains, glaciers, hot cocoa and really good Assam or Scottish Breakfast tea with milk, bats [let's combat whitenose!], big dogs and little kittens, Peep Show [not peep shows], fireplaces, fountain pens, well-written letters, Austen and Bronte and Dickens and Trollope novels, real furs, real food, farm animals, sturdy furniture, libraries, dusty old natural history specimens, Baroque music, ancient Greek and Roman anything, Albrecht Durer and Hans Holbein and Gustav Dore, British comedy [especially David Mitchell], massive trees, beetles, galleons, walruses, thatched roofs, sloths, moose, tall bookcases with ladders, stone walls, gentlemen scientists, cassowaries, hiking sticks, caves, swift cold rivers, notebooks and bins and forms and office supplies, Rasputina, Scott & the Worst Journey in the World [and most all other polar exploration, ie. Franklin, Greeley, Mawson, Shackelton, Nansen, Amundsen, etc.], everything that Lovecraft ever wrote, Chap-Hop, red velvet drapes and white lace curtains, the Spanish Treasure Fleet and the East India Company, the history of the British Empire, The Golden Age of Piracy, Benjamin Franklin, butter churns and crocks, hair pins/sticks/forks, Numberwang ...)

Disliking things (religion of any sort, plastics, politics, superstitions, most modern "literature", most modern "music", most everything on television, hot weather, fruit of any sort, pink and yellow and orange, the ocean [sea monsters, yes?], little yappy dogs, children, sitcoms, sweets, email, slurpy and/or licky sounds, microwaves, shorts, aluminum, cooking on a parlor stove [i'm sorry, my love, truly], toucans, American History...)"

That should be enough to get a glimpse (of sorts) of my personality, right? If anyone has made it this far, I'd be quite interested to see what scents you all would recommend!

Thank you all so much!

A

I'm seeing Miskatonic University for you, Mia. A traditional, conservative and booky smell that's got a lot of kick as well as smarts to it.

For Deliciousness, insupportable misery? It's a very blue smell. Or perhaps Green Party? A kind of lush greenish smell that eventually goes into a stronger note than it started off on.

As for me, I'm nineteen, English, went to a private school for fourteen years and can be incredibly spoilt sometimes. The thing I couldn't do without would be appearances, as I find romantic attention the best form of flattery. I love literature and reading, but if given the choice, I'd prefer to talk rather than to read, and find that meeting new people is one of the simplest joys in life. I have mostly celtic heritage, as my mother is from Ireland and most of my relatives are there. I lived in Ireland for seven years. I tend to be described as 'thin, curly red hair, you probably already know her.' :lol:

Edited by zewtsuit

I'm seeing Miskatonic University for you, Mia. A traditional, conservative and booky smell that's got a lot of kick as well as smarts to it.

Thanks, zewtsuit! I actually just received an imp of Miskatonic U. in my last order, but I haven't tried it yet. I know what I'm going to go do now!

For Deliciousness, insupportable misery? It's a very blue smell. Or perhaps Green Party? A kind of lush greenish smell that eventually goes into a stronger note than it started off on.

Thanks for the recommendation! I've never smelled or even heard of either of these perfumes before now. I am now very curious as to how these would smell; going to look up the scents now :)

Hi! I'm sorry I can't give any recommendations because I haven't tried a single BPAL scent yet, and I'm really new to scents in general, but this looks like a very interesting place to start. Would someone mind giving my personality a shot? =)

I'm a 22 year old half Asian, half caucasian female with very long and straight dark hair. My mixed heritage is really evident by my eyes. I wear skirts and dresses whenever I can since they're so comfortable and easy to move in. I usually wear a little eye liner and the same simple pieces of silver jewelry every day. My friends consider me to be kind of cutesy.

I'm currently attending university to study physiology and developmental biology, but immunology and ecotoxicology are also subjects I love. I'd like to say that I'm smart and hardworking, as I place a lot of importance on those qualities.

I am intensely shy, introverted, and self-critical. I am terrible at lying and arguing, and I generally avoid conflict like the plague unless I am extremely close to the person in question. Once I finally make a friend, I can get really big sister-ish/motherly.

Strangely, I do not have nearly as much of a problem with shyness when it comes to romance and academics. In these matters, I know what I want, and I go for it. I'm not afraid to be the one to ask for a romantic relationship.

I have a very dry sense of humour. I knew that I had found my soul mate when I tried telling her all of my dead baby jokes, and she already knew all the punch lines.

I love imagery of moons, ice, snow, and water, possibly because I'm such a night owl, and I have been a figure skater and casual swimmer, for most of my life. Things I have too much of are nail polish, stuffed toys, and fountain pens. My favourite animal and pet of choice is the rabbit, and my favourite colour is purple. I also love to bake and sing in choirs.

I can't really give examples of perfumes I already like, but I can say that no smell is nearly as comforting to me as swimming pool chlorine. I wouldn't want to wear it as a perfume or anything, though. =P

I love imagery of moons, ice, snow, and water, possibly because I'm such a night owl, and I have been a figure skater and casual swimmer, for most of my life. Things I have too much of are nail polish, stuffed toys, and fountain pens. My favourite animal and pet of choice is the rabbit, and my favourite colour is purple. I also love to bake and sing in choirs.

Hi Mimsical!

I haven't tried giving anyone recommendations yet (heck, I've barely posted at all!), but when I was reading your post, the paragraph above caught my attention and several scents popped into my mind. I'm going to stick with general catalog scents and I really hope I can give you some good suggestions!

If any one scent makes me think of night, the moon, snow, and ice, it's Black Forest. It's a chilly evergreen scent (like "an evil Christmas tree" my roomate says) - when I smell it, I get images of someone lost in a vast coniferous forest blanketed in snow, trying to find their way by the light of a slim sliver of moon while shadowy, menacing things lurk just out of sight amongst the black trunks. Ultraviolet has similar icy, nocturnal associations for me. The notes I pick out are violet and eucalyptus - violets always conjure up nighttime images for me and the eucalyptus gives it a chilly edge, like a beautiful posy of delicate purple blooms encased in ice.

The water-scents are some of my favorites. Calico Jack puts me in mind of a pirate ship - salty, tangy sea air with nose-tingling pepper, cinnamon, and other spices in the dark hold of the ship. Hurricane is lovely - a similar clear, tangy sea water scent but with the addition of the green, smoky darkness of vetiver (which is probably my favorite single note). It really does smell like the dark, menacing side of water. Jolly Roger is, again, the same sort of salty, tangy, sea smell but mixed with bay rum, like the bay rum aftershave I remember my great grandfather wearing - sort of masculine, but really lovely. Undertow is a dark, cold, watery scent - like a river running still under a thick coat of ice. That image really captures my imagination. The juniper and mint give the fragrance its coldness and darkness, while the lotus softens things up and really gives that gentle, watery quality.

As far as rabbits go, I immediately thought of The White Rabbit, predictably enough. It's a soft, creamy scent, like milk and honey and vanilla with a touch of tea - to my nose, anyways. A sort of cozy, soft, fuzzy, snuggly scent that actually reminds me of a sweet bun-bun I once knew.

Bewitched is a purple scent, to me. Purple and green. It smells like a blackberry cane in the middle of an herb patch on a hot summer evening - warm and sweet and purple and earthy and green all at the same time. Ok, to throw in one Limited Edition scent, I'd have to recommend My Happy Day (it's still live at the moment - it's one of the Pickman Gallery: A Tremulous Song scents on the Limited Edition page of the BPAL website). If the essence of the color purple could be distilled into a scent, My Happy Day would be it. It's fruity and sweet and very, very purple - it's also fizzy smelling. It's a fruity, bubbly, happy, fizzy, very berry purple scent that is a sheer joy to wear.

I love to bake, too, and that made me think of Bread-and-Butter-Fly. It's a warm, almost yeasty, sweet, buttery smell, like a freshly baked loaf of rich, sugary-sweet bread. It's hard to restrain myself from licking my wrists when I wear it! There are other sweet, foody, rich BPAL scents that the chef in me loves like Sudha Segara, Dana O'Shee, and Hecate, but Bread-and-Butter-Fly is probably my favorite and the most bread/pastry/cake smelling to me.

Your mention of singing with a choir immediately put me in mind of Cathedral. It's a solemn, ecclesiastical scent that makes me think about a midnight mass in a massive old stone church with a choir in the background. It's a dry, resinous, incensy, but warm sort of smell that is, to me, both distant and yet at the same time comforting, like an unexpected gentle hug from a cold, distant relative.

Ah, fountain pens and academia! I was just recommended Miskatonic University - when I tried it just a few days ago, it immediately made me think of an old library or office. It's a lovely, rich coffee fragrance with a bit of a sort of dry paper/wood smell. I can't help but think of steaming mugs of the bitter black brew, fascinating old books, fountain pens, tweed blazers with leather elbow patches, and (for some reason) the big, brittle, yellowed pages of an amazing old herbarium I was lucky enough to get to spend a day examining.

I really hope that my recommendations can be of use to you, Mimsical. I will warn you, however, that once you get drawn into the world of BPAL, it becomes a marvelous addiction! :D

Cheers!

Edited by miamaslegi

Hopefully, I can someday share my educated opinion on scent recommendations, but until that time, maybe someone could do mine?

Here it is:

My sign is Aries, Chinese year of the monkey. I'm a pessimist (although I like to say realist), creative (art degree: read stay at home mom). I love to dance (mainly ballet and zoomba, if zoomba is even considered "dancing"), sensitive (which totally sucks with the creativity thing because I hate criticism). My favorite color is blue (associated with the need to control or be in control). Sarcastic (but only occasionally now; I've gotten much softer with old age and my medication: aka happy pills). I feel socially awkward, but if I get to know someone or a small group of people, I'm outgoing and possibly even obnoxious.

Okay, so this is the first time I've made a recommendation based on personality...bear with me :eek:

1) based on Aries being associated with war + need to control = Great Sword of War

2) based on contradictions (not meant to be offensive, btw) you describe sensitive/creative socially awkward/outgoing = I thought of Nephilim.

Here it is:

Okay, so this is the first time I've made a recommendation based on personality...bear with me :eek:

1) based on Aries being associated with war + need to control = Great Sword of War

2) based on contradictions (not meant to be offensive, btw) you describe sensitive/creative socially awkward/outgoing = I thought of Nephilim.

Atrous, thank you for the suggestions! No worries about the contradictions, I am full of them :smile:

I am intrigued by Nephilim, especially the vetiver component. Great Sword of War looks awesome as I love musk, tonka and tea notes. It's funny I never looked at either of these scents before. I'll be getting a pack of imps in my next order and these will be welcome additions.

Here it is:

Atrous, thank you for the suggestions! No worries about the contradictions, I am full of them :smile:

I am intrigued by Nephilim, especially the vetiver component. Great Sword of War looks awesome as I love musk, tonka and tea notes. It's funny I never looked at either of these scents before. I'll be getting a pack of imps in my next order and these will be welcome additions.

I'd definitely recommend trying Great Sword of War if you like the notes involved - it's not really like any other red musk blend I've tried. It's a very interesting blend of the tangy/bright citrusy top over a darker semi-foody base.