Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
twistygirl

Pisces

This most definitely captures the aura of a Pisces... it's very ethereal, very light, a watery-flowery soft, soft scent. Unfortunately, just like Neptune, it is also very illusory, because it disappears very quickly. I couldn't smell it at all 15 minutes after I put it on. This is too lovely of a scent to ignore just because it may need frequent touch-ups (it also could be my body chemistry). I can't make out a single thing in it, I am anxiously awaiting the update to the Celestials descriptions so I can decipher what it is that makes this so lovely.

In the bottle To me, the first thing I smell is the 'dark' note from scents like Czernobog and Typhon: I'm not sure if it's a musk or a civet. However, on breathing in further (sounds funny, but I hope you know what I mean!) it softens dramatically. It has a delicate sweet scent, a little like daffodil and bluebells. It's a very soft spring-like scent.

First Wearing It's the first really beautiful day of spring today: I'm sitting here with the French windows wide open, a gentle breeze blowing through the room as I watch the fresh new grass waving outside. This scent suits the day perfectly. It isn't a green scent, which is what I associate with spring.

Over time This survived a 2-hour bout of heavy gardening, and still smelt comforting and lovely afterwards. That's quite an achievement! I think I'll probably top it up a little as I wear it during the day though.

Overall Very lovely. Like Midwinter's Eve and Snow White, this will be one of my 'comforting' perfumes, to be worn when I want to be wrapped up in a bigsoft blanket of scent.

So wrong on me. So disappointing. With the name, Pisces, I was expecting something that smelled a waterey, transparent blue, green, purple. Instead, I got a waterey red, pink, orange.

A little like your mouth watering because you're eating SweetTarts. Only kept it on for an hour before taking a shower. The scent didn't change in that short span of time. May try it again to see if it changes into something I like. Poop.

at first: the best way i can describe this is flowers that are drowning in water.

on: this is beautiful. it just seems so "me". i stick to my "flowers drowning in water" description. i can't stop smelling myself.

1 hour later: yes, i'm in love. it's just so beautiful. i can't really say why, but it is. there's also something underneath it that i'm kind of uncomfortable with. it's funny because i'm often uncomfortable with the fact that my sign is pisces due to the way i tend to try and portray myself. this oil is making me deal with certain aspects of myself.

2 hours later: this really isn't changing much on me, which is amazing. it's just beyond beautiful. i love it. it's mostly very, very watery flowers and...i don't know. i can't explain it. however, everything seems to be swimming in gorgeous green-blue water.

overall: this is just me. actually, it's the person i aspire to be. i love it. i'm so glad i have a bottle of it. it does wear off pretty quickly sometimes, but i have no problem having to reapply.

I snatched this up when I heard it was being discontinued, for both Beth and I are Pisceans and I like the idea of having a scent in common with our Alchemist. :P At first, Pisces was just what I hoped--the lovely aquatic floral notes from Ophelia. But then out crept what has got to be heliotrope, my nemesis--the one note that can spoil any oil for me. It never got quite strong enough to be as sickly sweet as other heliotrope blends, but it marred the nice water-flowers nonetheless. :D Guess it'll be a birthday gift to a fellow mermaid with different skin chemistry.

I snagged a bottle of this from the lovely Sigh. :P

In the bottle: Water-drowned florals.

Wet: Definitely aquatic and floral, but whatever floral it is has a very sweet note. It's almost fruity and I can taste it in the back of my throat.

Drydown: Hmm... maybe that floral I'm smelling is heliotrope then?

Final thoughts: This is soft and comforting. It's floral and aquatic, but over an almost creamy base that reminds me vaguely of tonka bean. I don't think it's tonka bean, but it has that same creaminess to it. Very nice.

Pisces:

Originated from: Celestials Circular Swap

Wet: I must concur: watery florals. I definitely get a pink or red vibe from this.. there's a fruity undertone that I can't quite put my finger on.

Drydown: Very light.. a lighter version of the way it smells wet. No significant change. I have SN Heliotrope, and I don't smell Heliotrope in this. Or perhaps my nose deceives me?

Longterm wear: Definitely a lovely, light comforting scent. Brava!

I got this from a very special fellow forumite as a cheer-up gift and I've been saving it. Today I decided to break it out and try it.

I love it, it's sweet and floral and complex all at the same time. So Piscean, to be many conflicting things at once. I don't make out any individual notes... sweet without being cloying, floral without being sharp, a little musky, and intense without being overpowering, just like a Pisces. :P

I will treasure the rest of my imp.

In the bottle: Sweet flowers in a big pond

First on: More aquatic than at first, light floral behind it. Like the you guys say, it's like drowned flowers. Very light.

Drydown: It vanishes very quickly, but is a lovely scent.

I had a hard time wrapping my head around this one...it's a slippery one, appropriately!

Vaguely aquatic in the sweet and powdery, floral way that Neptune was. I'm going to venture a guess at it being another lotus scent...again, a watery sign, a watery flower. I do get a quick little stab of a headache which could just be something in the air today, but it makes for the difference in my reaction between Pisces and Neptune...this one comes across a little too sweet and perfumed for me.

Succulent aquatic floral that is just a little too sweet...I'm not sure if it's going to become a powder-soft scent or a pineappley sort of fruit on me, but it fades very quickly. The fishies are there, they slip through your fingers and they are gone!

yup yup a very floral aquatic, more floral the aquatic, it is sweet and makes my nose itch.

Wet: light florals, a touch sharp. Rather generically perfume-y.

Dry: More aquatic, stronger florals, less generic. Quite nice, but not my thing.

Forgive my short-ish review, I had to write up a bunch of reviews quickly as part of the Celestial swap circle...

Sweet aquatic, has an initital very strong acetone note, also some light fruits/florals - apple blossom and pear? Once the acetone note completely disappears it is great scent, but given how hard it is to get your hands on the celestials, I wouldn't go out of my way to find some of this one.

In the bottle

lovely fruity powdery floral, something bright almost eucalyptus like but not quite.

On

Oh it's a lovely aquatic floral. I think that bright note is indeed heliotrope. Pisces is along the lines of Ophelia as stated in an earlier post on this thread.

I say thank God for the sweetness. It is the perfect note to compliment the aquatics and the florals.

30 minutes

It's gotten a bit more perfumey but nothing too strong nor too floral. It's still got the sweetness, the heliotrope and or the honeysuckle, and maybe even a bit of lotus. This is really pretty.

Throw:

average

Scent category:

floral/aqua

Summary

Powdery, lightly sweet fresh aquatic floral. Very much like "Ophelia" from the "Illyria" category. Pisces' scent lasts for hours on me. :P

PS For you "Lush" lovers, the B Never store's scent called "B" is similar to Pisces in a certain way. :D

Purchase again?

Yes, a bottle if if were only possible. Luckily this scent is such that a little goes a long way.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

I'm not getting the aquatic and florals everyone else is getting. All I get is lotus. However, I associate watery floral with lotus, so it figures. Pisces is an even more watery lotus than usual, with swirling colors. It's a very soft scent. Lotus (or anything that smells like it) isn't my thing, though.

Pisces is the oil that would convince me to buy a scent locket. I enjoy the aquatic florals quite a bit- it's very different from my usual spicy/woodsy/green staples, but I enjoy it all the more for that.

Unfortunately, something in the oil (heliotrope, perhaps?) combines with my skin to produce a tacky, gummy scent that makes me wrinkle my nose and wash my wrist.

Pisces: February 19 - March 20

From the celestial swap.

Somewhat aquatic when still wet. It smells sweet and like bubblegum on me at first. It's light and airy, but a little too sweet for my taste. It faded out very quickly on me as well.

Wet it's a fruity and aquatic scent. I think I can smell some lotus, as it dries down it goes more floral.

A beautiful and quiet scent.

I love aquatics, and I love florals, but unfortunately, I get a lot of lotus out of this one. I wanted to love it, but alas, it was not be! :P

First sniff: Very calm and soothing. I was expecting an aquatic scent (imagine!) but this is more floral.

Wearing: This isn’t exactly a me scent, but I really like it. It’s gentle and comforting.

kmasdenpisces.jpg

Lots of jasmine, very aquatic (how fitting), calm, a bit sentimental, this is like a horoscope reading in scent. Though it's not me, I can see how the hopeless romantic, with the easily broken heart, a fine psi ability, and the uncanny gift of picking up on other people's thoughts could love this one forever.

I was lucky enough to snag a bottle of this from the Lab when Beth recently posted all the backstock on ebay!

In the bottle: very fruity, tangy, sharp. It reminds me of watery flowers, too, but I definitely get a fruity kick that's almost candy-like.

Just applied: still fruity, but I get more florals now. It softens without going powdery on me.

After an hour or more: The tangy high notes fade and it becomes a luminous, swirling water floral. A lot of reviewers mention "drowning flowers" and I definitely get that. Water lotus. I also get a slight "warmth" to the scent, and a depth as well. This is one of the only aquatic type scents that actually works on me without making me nauseated.

Since this morphs so much, I have a hard time narrowing it down more than this: fruity/flora/aquatic.

I gave this a 5 out of 5 stars! :P

Florals and aquatics often don't work with my skin chemistry; a lot of florals give me headaches and aquatics tend to smell like dryer sheets on me. Still, some people mentioned lotus in this one, so I was hopeful (I like the bubblegummy scent that lotus has on me).

First on... smells like sweet tarts. You know, that oddly powdery, tart candy-fruitiness that doesn't smell like real fruit at all. I'm not getting any lotus or aquatics though.

15 minutes later. Dryer sheets, sweet tarts, and a vaguely powdery floral scent. Maybe a bit of super sweet jasmine in the background as well? It's warmer than I thought it would be. Pisces is very light and I can barely smell it at this point though... and it's entirely gone before I reached the half hour mark. Sadly, no lotus for me :P

At first, it smells like bubblegum. A sweet artificial fruit scent. I expected to get lots of water from Pisces, but... nope. That fruit note fades out pretty fast and then it smells floral. But like a flower that's going bad. It's a little sour. 'Fraid this one's not for me.

Pisces - This scent is a soft aquatic that is infused with jasmine, which completely ruins it for me, even though the jasmine isn’t as strong as it is in many other blends. Without the jasmine, it would be very pretty and springtimey on me. I took a look at the reviews on bpal.org to see if anyone else had trouble with the jasmine, and it doesn’t appear so, which means it’s probably just my skin chemistry (as usual with the jasmine). The scent sticks close to my skin and it’s hard to tell when it starts to fade. Somewhere between the 2-3 hour point it’s faded almost completely, and by the 3 hour point, all I can smell is the faintest trace of jasmine on my skin.