Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hackess

Mother Shub's Spiced Lait de Chèvre

Nothing warms the cockles like a mug of Mother Shub's egg nog! Goat's milk egg nog with coffee liqueur and spices imported from the Crimson Desert!

In the bottle, this smells like bpal's egg nog note with lots of sharp, dry spices. On my skin, the egg nog disappears. This scent isn't as creamy as I had hoped it would be. It's rather light/subtle, but it sticks around for hours and smells terribly cloying on me.

Spiced Lait de Chèvre smells like chai spice, a hint of black pepper, and super-cloying sugar on my skin. I don't think that it smells anything like Egg Nog Latte, really. I don't smell any coffee in this. I thought that I would love this, but it's not doing much for me... Edited by Shollin

I've tried this several times, and it's just not working for me. In the vial I swear this smells like cherry cough syrup to me. On my skin it gets a little less cough-syrupy, but it never smells like egg nog or latte or spices - it's just a sicky sweetness that doesn't smell like goat's milk and some kind of past-prime fruit. :(

Edited by ephemera

in the bottle: eggnog, eggnog, eggnog

wet: I get eggnog in the first millisecond and then it goes away. There is a brief stage where the coffee comes to the front and I thought that it was going to be end of this blend for me. For whatever reason, the coffee/chocolate notes in BPAL do NOT work for me. But then the coffee fades and it replaced with a lovely spice blend.

drydown: Creamy caramel spice. This final dry down is reminiscent of Boo from the Halloweenies this year, but with a more gingery note to it. It's as if Boo and Flesh Eating Reindeer from Uranus had a love child in my little imp box. I haven't tried Eggnog Latte so I can't speak to the similar between this and that.

All in all, I like it! Bottle for sure.

ETA: Holy crap, my skin eats this. I am a slatherer and it is already pretty much gone an hour after posting this review. This would be one that required multiple applications.

Edited by Ellebelle

Imp: I'm totally going with Bailey's or some other cream liqueur. Wow...that wakes you up.

Wet: A little smoother and creamier on. You can smell those Crimson Desert spices (nutmeg?) grated on top.

Dry: The coffee starts coming out. A nice spiced coffee with lots of fresh cream.

Overall I was hoping for a little more goat but it lacks that slightly sour note in favor of confectionery delight. This is another one that is too sweet for my usual taste so I'm happy enough to have an imp for the holidays and leave it at that.

I really expected this to be a cloying, sweet foody blend, but I love surprises! This is an amazing spicy, creamy vanilla on me, not really foody at with a touch of musky perfume (huh?). This is Glowing Vulva sans wood with a jolt of spice. I love this, and glad I tood a chance on a decant, and this is wonderful with my skin chemistry. Non foodies, you may like this. :wub2:

In the vial: buttery eggnog

On the skin: frothy coffee with nutmeg and cinnamon sticks

Dry down: as this dries it gets creamy and sweeter and the spices amp up a lot. At one point it developed a slight waxy smell, fortunately that did not last long.

Suprisingly, this one isn't very strong, and the throw is not that great. My skin must eat it up.

MmMmMm ... eggnog. *drool* It's not too boozy and not too sweet, so it's absolutely perfect. It doesn't last too long on my skin, but for me it's one of those scents that I wouldn't mind reapplying frequently.

This is the first thing Mother Shub has cooked that didn't get cloyingly sweet on me.

For me it was more of a bread pudding, or as was said above - cheesecake - than egg nog to me. There is a cooked, thickness about it. Lightly spicy. Nice, but I think a decant's worth is enough.

This is a pretty subtle goat's milk -- usually, I get a heavy whiffy of goaty milky goodness with that note, but here, it's just a mellow, creamy background for some nice, subtle spices. I may have to try this one again with a double-slather -- it's nice, or I think so, anyway, 'cause it's faded back a lot already.

Mmm...this is very creamy eggnog with lots of nutmeg. The coffee is light and not overbearing...a really cozy, warm blend, and not nearly as sweet as the bottle of Egg Nog 2007 I have. I'd like a mug of this right now!

I was a little afraid of the fact that this is supposed to be goat's milk, and anything with goat's milk in it is kind of rancid to my tongue (and nose), but this isn't rancid in the slightest; it's thick, rich and creamy spiced eggnog that's just slightly spiked. :yum: Definitely more creamy than spicy. I didn't particularly detect coffee liquer as the booze but I was trying on so many of my new hauls at once that may be why. :lol:

This doesn't smell anything like Egg Nog Latte , sadly (I looove it so).

On me this smells like spiked cappucino with something slightly sour. I don't like it, though my husband seems to.

:(

Creamy, spicy egg nog with a shot of coffee. It is a perfect vanilla/coffee drink and I love that the liqueur is barely noticeable. :yum:

To me it smells like a Fat free Sugar Free egg nog, if that makes any sense.

I really was expecting this to be creamy (because of the milk) but it's not.

When I first apply it I get the egg nog but goes away quickly, it then dries to a water down, coffee w/skim milk, vanilla and sugar scent. It's ok but when I wear it I keep feeling something is missing from this scent. It's a little to light for me too.

I'll keep it because I love almost any Milk scent (except Milk Moon 07) hopefully it will age well.

Edited by cfrancesca

I didn't get along with the Egg Nog perfume -- it smelled strange and plastic-y on my skin. But I was willing to give this one a whirl because coffee plus egg nog sounded great. I'm happy to report that this does not smell plastic-y on me at all! I'm very pleased about that. I was afraid I'd be disappointed with this. The spices are mild, and the liqueur scent is just barely there. Since I can't wear Egg Nog, this one is a very nice substitute! It smells warm and comforting and yummy.

True to the promise-

The 'nog does indeed appear in all its rich and boozy glory spice cream-

alas! my skin is so hungry, it has been all gobbled up~

slathering will do me no good! perhaps it's time for those alternative uses?

As it still smells delish~

Argh! This is amazing milky coffee (seriously, the ideal coffee scent-- perfectly true to the real thing) for about 4 seconds. And then it's vanilla plastic. Plasticky plastic plastic.

WHYYY?

Oh wow. Warm, milky egg nogg in the bottle. Creamy, sweet and faintly spiced on my wrists.

This makes me want to snuggle under many blankets. I sigh with delicious goodness filling my brain.

In the bottle: Foody very spiced eggnog, hint of (banana??? or...) butterscotch

On me: Ah, I think it's the coffee liquor & nutmeg or something that are combining to almost but not quite smell like a hint of bananas - but that odd note doesn't last long at all.

It evens out & kinda smells like tiramisu, with coffee-liquor soaked cake & dry powder sprinkled over the whipped cream. Then after that the coffee-liquor fades away and it's now a sweet skin scent, creamy, and slightly spicy. Kind of like rice pudding, in a yummy way. Cozy and warm. Under consideration for a bottle purchase. :)

ETA: Ah, this also reminds me of Castitas without the tinge of rice-flower, and with more baking spices.

Edited by sqwook

This is a light, clean vanilla with a hint of spice on me. It's sweet and a bit eggy, but doesn't have the creamy heaviness I associate with eggnog. Coffee is usually a death note for me with BPAL, but this is not at all musty or stale-- unfortunately I don't smell any coffee either, though.

I could love this, but it's very faint, and on my skin it goes a bit... generic, I guess. It gets sweeter over time, but still has that faint, slightly powdery vanilla feel, which isn't complex or different enough to stand out from the many other vanilla scents I have.

A very generous friend gave me an imp of this (because it didn't work for her, or she had bought the bottle and needed the space, I can't remember which), and oh my. :yum: I'm not getting any coffee liqueur, but I do get a wonderful, thick, creamy egg nog. A little bit after putting it on, it seemed like the goat milk note was thinking about going sour, but then the whole thing thickened up and became a wonderful, delicately spiced cake frosting. I'm definitely going to have to get a bottle of this. Not much throw, but I'll be happy to walk around with my wrist duct-taped to my nose.

In the bottle this is all booze, and a smidge of milk. Wet on it's all milk a touch of booze, and just a wisp of coffee and spices over the top. Dry it is Awesonly spiced eggnog. I'm just a wee sad it fades so fast. May require another bottle to slather.

Eggy NOG! I put alot of this on and at first it smelled a lot like Velvet Clown?! Upon the dry down it gets much creamier and the spice comes out. Not much coffee liqour, but I think I can make it out. Its a sweet, creamy, cozy, holiday scent. Just wish it was a little stronger and lasted a bit longer.

A bit too much liqueur at first but that's gone within seconds. After that it's a very creamy and soft eggnog. Thankfully it's not that spicy on me. I really like this one but it's very faint, I almost have to stuff my wrist up my nose to smell it.