Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
midnight_aeval

Leaf-Strewn Couch

Dust, decaying fabric, dead leaves, and concrete.

In the bottle this reminds me of an antique store - you know that old and musty smell? Like long forgotten books, furniture, toys and linens.

On my skin the earthy, leaf scent comes out. It's amazing how accurate the blend is to a "Leaf-Strewn Couch". The couch is one that has been sitting outside, one off a river bank or something, weathered, old, and possibly not one you'd actually want to sit on.

Needless to say, it's dead on and really a fun blend to be able to experience. Edited by Shollin

This scent is dead leaves and rotted fabric on my skin.

I agree with review above. This is amazing realistic. Fun to try, but I don't really see me wearing it as a perfume.

Agreed with the two before me. Smells like fabric and leaves. it's spot on. i also get a hint of something nutty when wet, but that fades away.

Unique.

I had to have this--I love the concept and the photograph that inspired it! The oil itself is just as beautiful. I get a lot of rotting leaves/vetiver at first and then it becomes more of an old fabric and dust scent...it's not overpowering and very subtle so I'd call this wearable even though it's definitely on the odd side. It's like sitting in an old dusty house on a late autumn day. A gorgeous concept blend.

In the bottle: Pretty accurate to the description and the photograph. Smells old and dusty. Like Velevet, except with dry, decaying leaves and dirt in the background.

Wet: Exactly as it smells in the bottle. The leaves and dirt aren't as pronounced as they are in the bottle, but still pretty much the same.

Dry: Not a very long lasting scent, strangely. None of the WKAP scents have had a lot of thrown nor have they lasted long on my skin.

Overall: Not my favorite Amanda Palmer scent. Not sure if I could wear this in a day to day basis, but it is an interesting concept and fits the description of the photograph perfectly.

Wet, and in the imp, this smells like strong, wet rotting leaves. Thankfully, it dries to a soft leaf scent with a bit of concrete. I think I get a bit of vetiver here, which is making the blend slightly powdery. LSC truly fit's it's description, and I can indeed imagine a couch sitting outside in the fall with leaves all over it. Quite pleasant, but I don't think I need a bottle.

On me, this was a definite earthy, leafy scent. It's pretty light & faded pretty quickly so I won't be getting a bottle of this.

I'm a little disappointed because I wanted to love this one.

In bottle: The leaf note in this reminds me of ivy and deep thick decayed leaf piles of late fall. If floater is October, this is November. The dust, fabric, and concrete all make a pleasantly complex support for the rich scent of those leaves. Wet: The fabric note strengthens, though the leaves stay strongest. It is a pleasing sort of decay. There is a faint chalkiness to the blend as the dust comes out better. Dry: This fades fast, to something very soft and weirdly comforting, like my mother’s attic when I was a child.

Def. fabric and leaves. The leaf note I've smelled before... was it BPAL's October? I believe. I'm not sure.

My skin eats this one up. And after an hour, it is gone, gone gone.

Definately smells dusty...and the leaves are bone dry and crackely (not sure if this is a real word or not).

I can barely smell this after it dries down. My decant will be loved but not progressing to a bottle.

DEAD-ON OLFACTORY PORTRAIT OF A MUSTY ANTIQUE STORE.

This will either tempt you in, or repel you into the night. You know. Depending.

Eau de junktique: books, old horsehair stuffing under shattered silk divans, and dusty corners. These are some of my favorite things, so I keep sniffing this and giggling. It's not perfume, in that I don't want to wear it, but I do like sniffing it. I actually like the smell of genuine dust, but my allergies are such that I can't enjoy it. This is all of the scent with none of the unpleasant reaction.

This was drastically different than the prototype I tested at Will Call, which was heavier on the leaves and aquatics. The released scent is much closer to the "rotten linen" note in Julia Stone. The leaf component is reminiscent of November.

ETA: I didn't read MidnightAeval's review before posting this. Sorry for the repetition. Great minds et al.

Edited by bheansidhe

My boyfriend and I love this blend! We were totally obsessed with it for the first couple weeks I had it. It is the most accurate BPAL recreation of a real smell I've yet experienced! In the bottle it's green and mildewy and so bitter. You can practically see the black mold spots on the fabric!

Unlike the other reviewers, I can get this one to last on my skin.. and it dries to a greenish floral scent with only the tiniest hint of moldy leaves.. not nearly as interesting as in the bottle, but much, much more wearable :D

In the bottle and on my skin at first, this reminds me of a lot of bpal's green grass type blends. It smells like a green lawn dotted with wildflowers.

As it dries down, Leaf-Strewn Couch smells like I'm sitting on a green lawn underneath a bunch of wet laundry hung out to dry. It's like the sweet scent of floral laundry soap clinging to wet linens. I usually don't like soapy smells, but this doesn't go badly soapy on me. It's more sweetly soapy and delicate, like bubble bath. I can also smell a hint of the spiciness of dry, dead leaves.

I thought that I would hate this, but it's surprisingly green, sweet, and pleasant on me. It's a perfect green lawn and laundry hung out to dry scent on me - breezy, clean, peaceful, and soothing. I don't get a feel of dust and mold at all. I think I need a full bottle of this. ^_^

Oh look, it's beets. Which probably means soil. Vegetation.

Ooh, as it dries, I can smell the concrete. This is an interesting one. Not wearable for me, but the most evocative of the WKAP scents in my book.

Wet: this smells like mold and grass clippings.

Dry: like concrete and musty furniture.

This is an interesting, but entirely unwearable scent for me.

I sniffed this at a Trunk Show a loooooong time ago. Just now found my notes...

Wet leaves with a hint of linen.

I don't know why I don't learn from my mistakes, I bought a whole bottle of Gilman House Hotel back in the day and it just got worse and worse everytime I wore it. Now, here I go with another 'musty' oil. At least this time I just got a half-decant ;)

In the imp - not bad. It's got that musty furniture scent I liked about Gilman House Hotel but without the Hotel's paint thinner that made my toes curl after a while.

On wet - I can really smell the leaves. I already know this won't be a wearable perfume, but I love how this smells exactly like leaves!

Drydown - stays very close to the skin. Old fabric and leaves, but pleasantly so. Like sitting in an attic with lots of antiques around you, with the windows open on a warm autumn day.

In the vial, this smells odd, not really like leaves, but I guess I can see how the old musty fabric comes into play. It is a little bit plasticky, to be honest, nothing like the leaf note I'm familiar with from several Halloween blends...

My skin totally eats this. :cry2: So I can't really comment on how it smells on my skin, sadly.