Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

Sybaris

The pinnacle of wealth, luxury, self-indulgent pleasure, voluptuousness and sensuality. Bright violet with sweet clove, Mediterranean incense notes and tonka bean.

In the imp this is SUPER sweet violet and spices. The violet is by far the most prominent note.

Hmm...kind of interesting on my skin-I can smell the cloves and incense a lot more. Yes, the incense comes out quite a bit on my skin. Now, there is nothing bad about this blend, but I can tell that the mixture of violet and incense is probably just not gonna be my cuppa. Something about the way the two scents combine smells off to my nose. A bit chlorine-y O_o

On drydown this chlorine-y bit goes away, the incense does calm down the spices mellow. The sweet violet always remains the dominant note in this blend. Goes a bit powdery on full drydown. Overall, I am not an incense fan, so it is no surprise this blend isn't for me, but any violet fan should at least give this blend a shot, and if the idea of violet with incense and spices tickles yer pickle, this is probably a must have.

780983546_7rhmR-Ti.jpg

Again proving my fondness for this line isn’t misplaced, Sybaris is a truly remarkable blend of incense and violets, debauchery and innocent fun. When first sniffed out of the bottle or when first applied, the bright violet note is what one is immediately aware of, but then underneath, the tonka and other spices bloom slowly but recognizably. As the oil warms upon my skin, the violet is much more a peer than a leader of the variety of scents, and plays very well together with the other spices. This blend has tremendous throw (on me), and lasts a good long while. I put this on first thing this morning (around 6:30 am), and it still has as much throw 2 hours later. The last time I wore this, I didn’t have to renew it at all. Now that’s getting one’s money’s worth!

Edited by stellans

this prefume reminds me of amarige de givenchy..

it has a lot in common with it.

HELLO VIOLET!! if you like this one, it has tons of it but there's something distinctly smelling like dried flowers - um--- i'll pass.

Got this lovely scent as an extra imp today and upon reading the reviews, was excited to try it out...

Wet: I can pick out clove, violet and tonka all as seperate entities, this is nice!!! I'm excited to see if this lasts as long as previously reviewed.

Drydown: Holy Violets Batman!! Its strange but the violets stay close, I can smell them if I sniff skin, but the throw is almost all Tonka, which I like alot!

Verdict: I'm definately looking for more of this. I love the throw!!!

Whooooa. Unlike almost all the other scents I've tried so far. Fruity candy in the bottle. At first application to wrist there's a distinct clove/spice smell mixed with what must be the violet. The blend is super creamy, subtely incensey. The violet sneaks up as an "after-taste." Very nice. Rich, smooth, and warm. Not too much incense or spice, and not too much floral. Weirdly pleasing. It might be the violet that's keeping it incense, but not heavily so. Gets slightly more violet-floral as it dries further. Not quite a clean floral scent. I almost feel conflicted about this scent, but not enough to say I dislike it.

On the retest, the clove seems pretty prominent. No real violet smell to speak of. Very .. vanillic? though. Probably the tonka contributing to the creaminess.

In the imp: Sweet violet, but no incense or clove to be found

Wet on skin: Ahhhhh, there's the clove and it's lovely--just spicy enough but not overpowering. The tonka is coming out more, and blending nicely with the violet.

Dry on skin: I can't stop huffing my wrists...the tonka marries the violet and clove perfectly, making this a lovely and unique blend. The incense never appears, but that's okay with me.

Sybaris lasted over 10 hours on my first test and it's going strong again today. I love this and will be ordering a bottle. :wub2:

Imp: Candy-like violets and incense

Wet: Violet scented baby powder

Drydown: Generic violet

Overall: Too much with the violet

Sybaris

In the Imp: Holy Moly....violets on a hippie...in an imp. how'd they get her in there??

Wet: A hippie smoking djarums in an indonesian temple on a hot day....how'd she get to indonesia?

Dry: All the hippies flowers have disappeared, but she's still smoking those djarums in the temple...like a madwoman!

Timelapse 1 hour: ok, i admit, i couldn't wear this for an hour. Whatever incense this is makes me have an unpleasant olifactory experience. Off it came.

Verdict: I'll never go to Indonesia with a hippie who smokes djarums (or jakartas)....ever. Not even on a bet.

I got this as an extra imp.. it went all clove on me :( was like sniffing a bottle of cloves...really woody cloves.

imp: very strong violet and clove.

wet: the violet is fresh and bright on my skin, the clove is just a hint in the background.

dry: this is pretty equally split between violet and clove once dry, there is a nice, warm creaminess in the background which i suspect is the tonka.

I really didn't care for this at all... it smelled like hay in a barn that has started to mould on me. I got no violet.

Edited by buryheratsea

Oh, I really like this.

In the imp I get sweet spicy violets.

Wet I get sweet violets, spicy clove and something creamy (I'm guessing this must be the tonka?).

Dry the clove stays close to my skin but I get the sweet violet in the air. Overall the sweetness of the tonka and violet together really match well on my skin with the clove.

Sweet and flowery in the imp with a hint of incense, once on my arm this really blossomed into a cloud of dark incense spice with a rich clove note and only the barest trace of violet. Good throw and the tonka probably helps with the dark richness of this scent. Not sure if I'd wear it very often no matter how much I love the individual notes.

It's violet with pep! And awesome pep at that, that gives the violet a bit of a spicy and exotic flavoring. The incense note isn't too overpowering at all, it just adds nicely to the violet base.

I had no idea whether violet would work on me or not, but I'm pleased to report it does! I'm surprised, as my preconceived notions seemed to suggest violet might be generic, bland, sweet, etc. Not the case in here.

Sybaris is dense, ripe, bruised violets-- very purple, very earthy-- and smoked clove. It reminds me of spice cake with an odd, almost dirty, floral undertone. I get the same "dirty flowers" feel from jasmine, but it's not a bad thing; I guess I mean "dirty" in a kind of humid, sexy way.

Sweetly peppery smoke, dark floral notes, and spicy bakery goodness. :yum:

In the imp, this is sweet, candied violets. On, it's a faint, slightly soapy violet-clove scent-- if I'm getting any tonka or incense, they're staying well in the background.

I bought this one because it shares several notes with Lush's Skinny Dip, which I adore. I was hoping for something that smelled like Skinny Dip with more throw and lasting power. Unfortunately, this is the former but not the latter-- it wears very close to the skin, and with that clean, soapy feel, it's really no different from the faint lingering scent you get from washing with a scented soap. This might be a good candidate for making into a perfume spray, though; it'd be a subtle, refreshing scent to spritz all over.

I would not have chosen this for myself based on the description, but I received it as a frimp and was pleasantly surprised.

In the imp the violet was very strong and I was afraid it might go soapy on me. However, the violet seemed to vanish as soon as it hit my skin. For the first hour or two, the sharp clove and tonka bean fought with each other, each smelling strong and separate.

Several hours later, the clove has mellowed, and I have a warm blend of mildly spicy incenses with a slightly creamy and chocolate-y tone. It smells lovely and expensive. Definitely a keeper, although I'll have to remember to apply it early so it has time to settle before I go out.

Inside the imp, very faint fragrance...violets and clove.

On my skin, much like it was in the imp. Violets are strongest note. Clove is there, but not as powerful as clove usually is on my skin. And I do get some spice, but not sure if this is the clove or something else.

This scent goes wonky on my skin. Violets and clove are just not working for me.

In the imp: I can really smell the tonka in this one! That's strange, because usually I get the violets in things first.

Wet: Ah, there we go. Very, VERY sweet violet. I'm not getting any incense yet.

Dry: Uh oh, it's turning to beer on me. :o What on earth could that be? Oh dear.

Loud sweet clove - first application is all clove clove clove. I immediately thought of Winter of Our Discontent when I first sniffed it, although this isn't nearly as bitter. Aaaaaand, a couple minutes into drydown, there's the violets. Oh, soapy violets, you overwhelm everything in your path. No tonka, no incense, just violets beating up on the clove.

I love this.

The violet is indeed very bright and happy but not overpowering. There is a definite sweetness that comes from the vanilla bean with just a touch of spice.

It's very lovely and I will be getting a bottle of this. :wub2:

I don't know exactly what I'm smelling, but it smells like the HOB in Chicago to me. Like the insense they burn there. I dunno why, but there ya go. I really, really like it and will probably buy a bottle the next time I order

Sweet in the imp, sweet wet on my skin, sweet on drydown. The violet stands out, with the other notes seeming to enhance it rather than blending with it. I'm not a huge fan of sweet scents, so this imp goes into the "no thanks" pile.

I had to really slather this on to get all the notes and especially the violet. On a light application, this smelled like dirty dishes and I was totally repulsed!

So, after slathering:

In imp: wet spice, slight murky violet.

Wet: violet however the strength of the clove is eclipsed and tricking my nose into thinking it's something weird and undefinable. bummer. Small amount of incense.

Drydown: not bad. leatherish backing. Like violets and spice on leather. Don't get fooled, this is not a sweet scent! Think a non-obnoxious version of highwayman. I'll dub this Highwaywoman. hahahha!

This is very sweet in the imp, but the second I put it on, my skin chemistry abuses it and it goes straight violet and oddly enough, playdoh. This one just doesn't work on me it seems. :(