Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Brusque Violet

Violet petal, violet leaf, osmanthus, orris, mint, and opoponax.

Pure violet with a bit of freshness (I assume from the mint).  Considering the fact that it has orris in it, I dont find it powdery at all.  It's quite sweet, almost candy sweet, with a faint brown sugar scent as it dries down.

Herbal violet and mint - medicinal but not off-putting. Candyish orris and powdery, vaguely smoky opoponax turn this into a scent with many facets and a lot of depth.

A cool, almost minty violet! But definitely very violet dominant.  Dry rather than sweet, and cool rather than warm (like all violet scents are to me) but the mint pushes that impression even further. Not quite as chilly as Ultraviolet though, it’s more shaded plants than cold metal. The opoponax warms it a bit a couple minutes into wear and it becomes more complex.

Let me just start by saying I am not a floral person so I am bias from the start!
From the imp, this has that slightly rubbery smell, that some violets tend to have. Once on of course it transforms. I get violet/orris (more green than floral) with something dark lurking in the background-- possibly opopanax but I am just guessing. It's slightly resinous. The mint is well blended and not noticeable, thankfully. This is thankfully not medicinal at all on me. Osmanthus is also something I'm not familiar with, and from what I read it can be fruity? As this scent warms up, the florals do become slightly fruity. I actually quite like this for someone who does not like florals. 
As it dries, it is briefly powdery before turning quite creamy, sweet but still resinous-- possibly the opopanax coming to the foreground? I actually don't like powdery scents so I am so pleased this remains creamy on me. This scent has a brightness/coolness to it. This, is surprisingly nice and quite complex. I can see why people call opopanax sweet myrrh.
Unfortunately it is a skin close scent, with low throw, but I can imagine someone slathering this on and wearing it with a knowing, secret smile, daring someone to get close enough to indulge in this cloud of sweet resin... Alright Brusque Violet, you've won me over.
After 50 mins it's still there. It's still sweet with maybe a hint of violet still, slightly less creamy and becoming oh so slightly powdery, but thankfully not completely baby powder on me.
This lightens considerably though, after an hour, and after 2 it is very just barely there/skin close. So unfortunate this is short lasting, because it's really quite lovely.

Testing Brusque Violet today. I think I might have to add violet to my list of tolerable flowers. The mint really makes it into more of a fresh herbal scent, than a cloying, in your face floral. And it's still in stock.

It has a nice resinous/incensey kind of note too, which I love. runs off to add it to her wishlist (Nevermind, it isn't as necessary as I first thought)

Powdery sweet violets, they almost smell like sugared violets to me. Not much mint I can tell and the violets themselves are stronger than the leaves. The throw is soo faint, I have to have my nose pressed to my hand to smell it. Maybe if I had a newer version, it would work better with me.

Not horrible, but I'll only be keeping an imp for my Mad Tea Party collection and won't be upgrading.

In the imp I get a bright violet. On my skin this immediately turns to a soft violet powder. Orris and violet tend to go musty on my skin, but surprisingly they are not here. But within about 15 minutes this fades to a whisper of violet powder. 

Wet Brusque Violet is surprisingly Christmasy, I suppose from evergreen osmanthus and mint. It's like a Yule version of Samhain. Dries down to a spicy floral that is still very heavy on the greenery.

(New tester fresh from the Lab)

Wet, this is fresh, green, sharp, like a snapped stem. There's a little mint here, yes. Then violet and orris florals billow up and it becomes primarily floral, a little fruity-sweet, a little powdery. The combination of mintiness and fruitiness evokes toothpaste to me, hahaha.