Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ami226

Nagarjuna v2

In the bottle: At first I thought I smelled some kind of fruit, but now I think there might be something vanillaish in there as well. I am really at a complete loss when it comes to determining the notes in this one. It is just a lovely, perfumey blend. So comforting and nice!

On the skin: Okay, I am getting some note that also was in Glowing Vulva, as well as a deep fruit. Pretty good. It is definitely a perfumey blend. No foodiness in this one!

This one is definitely a keeper! :wub2: The boyfriend appreciates it as well (and he is VERY picky only really liking foody scents). A wonderful shocker!

This is absolutely the most amazing resinous incense blend. It is deep and red and warm and if you love Al-Azif, then this one is three times better. It is that amazing. There's a vanilla-like golden undertone, and the Al-Azif sort of resin mix. Beautiful!

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Clean, fresh, slightly cologney. Very neutral in the best possible way - a subtle skin scent. Musky, most likely including skin musk. I get a faint creamy tropical note that reminds me of suntan lotion; possibly coconut, but I find this more pleasant than coconut.

Wet: Oh - metallic! That's part of the freshness, I smelled before. Definitely some ozone and chrome in this, on top of skin musk. This is so strangely creamy though - it's much creamier on my skin, either cream itself or a very nice sort of amber. It could be the latter, as it reminds me a little of Tetramorph's amber/musk combo. Slightly nose-wrinklingly sharp/sour/chemical.

Dry: Dries very quickly. Oh hi Buck Moon! It's that same musk from Buck Moon (which smells coconut-ish, but not actually like the lab's coconut or any actual real coconut note) along with skin musk. Smoother, richer, with almost no metal. It's all about the musks and amber now, though the clean/cologne feel remains, and reminds me very much of Mr. Ibis.

Later: Like musks usually do, this has amped greatly on my skin over time. It was almost faint at first but has excellent throw now. So, so musky. It's like Buck Moon with extra BM-y musk, a little bit of warm amber, and a little bit of tangy metal - the metal has amped back up a tiny bit now. I'd guess it shares either a musk with Mr. Ibis (gotta be the Egyptian or African though skin musk as well strikes me as likely still) and also definitely some aloe.

Summary: Mr. Ibis & Buck Moon make glorious gay love, while freshly showered, on a bed of soft silken amber sheets, by the glow of polished metal lanterns. They're also using aloe as lube. Luminous, sultry, intensely musky...yet clean and light. An amazing scent that I imagine would shine on both sexes. Great throw & good longevity.

:blush:

Edited by fairnymph

Hmm.. from previous reviews, it seems this one is a morpher! So here's my impressions..

In the bottle - spicy, chocolate-y and slightly fruity like fermenting dark berries

Wet on skin - spicy, smoky, dark incense and resins, very slight dark fruit

Dry on skin - smoky, waxy (not quite coconut), spicy, musky

Unfortunately this doesn't stick around very long on my skin - it vanishes very quickly and leaves very faint musky incense remnants where it was. I wish I knew the actual notes in this - I think there must be some black amber, frankincense or maybe tonka in there, but really I'm just guessing. It really is lovely - the 'smoky' thing is not actually 'smoke' as such, I'm using that term more to describe the darkness of this blend. It's beautifully mysterious and intoxicating!

NAGARJUNA: No description (prototype)

In Bottle: Subtle resins

On Skin: Wow, this scent is so soft and pretty! It is like a very fine pile vintage velvet, so delicate and feminine. I get a soft skin musk, and a clean note, maybe sandalwood? Also possibly white musk. Now I'm thinking there might be teak in here, the wood is so soft and yummy and that's how teak is on me. Yes this has a subtle Glowing Vulva feel to it, just not as sweet and creamy. This is a cleaner muskier Glowing Vulva if I had to call it. I am sooooooo happy I have a bottle of this as I plan to wear it alot. I could also even see a man wearing this since the clean soapy note suits both sexes. As the scent dries down, the teak note starts to vanish and the soap note becomes stronger. It still has a sweet base so I love it, but it doesn't resemble GV anymore. Still, it is beyond lovely. It has a light to moderate throw and long wearlength.

Immediate soap. But maybe something else… some wood? Quickly becomes very faint, almost disappearing.

Then, for a minute, this manages to be almost fresh instead of being totally soapy. I think it's because of the way it disappears, it makes it just a faint whiff and so imparts that fresh air feeling. I dunno; it's weird. I cannot wear air/ozone/aquatic notes because I turn them into some variant of soap/powdered laundry detergent/dryer sheets, so it is extremely unusual for me to have one of these blends actually smell like AIR [for reals] on me at all, even for a second. I'm kind of impressed.

Then it reappeared in force. Got more soapy as it dried. The amping of the soap takes over. I didn't ever get amber or incense from this, and those are my favorite things. I did get some wood, and I suspect this is meant to be an airy scent rather than the soap I made it into, so if you can wear air then you could reasonably expect air and wood. The wood could be teak or possibly frankincense I suppose, it is so immediately suppressed by the soap ampage that I don't have a chance to really tell.

Not for me.

780832499_GEa6v-Ti.jpg

I so looked forward to wearing this for the first time, after reading all the reviews mentioning resins, etc. Sniffing the bottle didn't at all prepare me for the immediate plastic attack when I applied this oil first thing this morning. Could not wash this off fast enough, and ended up with a headache.

To the sales page. *sigh* Edited by stellans

This is citrus and light wood. I want to say cedar, but who knows?

Thisis a surprisingly comforting scent.

in the bottle: I too get an almost neutral, cologne-like scent.

wet: This is the best stage. It is dark and kind of peppery. There is definitely some kind of resin in this .... I'm not sure on the wood specifically, as those normally amp on me - plus some kind of citrus - perhaps tangerine? The citrus reminds me of Lillith v. the Giant Crab.

drydown: soap soap soapy soap. There must be some kind of aloe or "stems" or "clean" or something in this as those scents always finish like soap for me.

verdict: This is the first prototype that I've gotten the chance to try and I was excited for it - excited enough to let the oil settle and try again. But if it continues to be soapy soap, this will have to go to the swap stack.

Edited by Ellebelle

Wet in the bottle I get the soapy resins that many reviews are talking about. To be honest this smells quite unremarkable in the bottle, and morphs spectacularly during the drydown.

On my skin while wet, there is the soapy element as well as strong resins with a slightly bitter undertone. The soap quickly fades and leaves behind a fresh, clean woody-resiny period.

When dry, however, it fades to a gorgeous, soft skin musk. This isn't the WHOA SEX!!!!!! of Giant Vulva, but a soft, clean, comforting skin musk. There might be the slightest hint of a vanilla/skin musk combo, but it's beautiful. I'm so glad I swapped for this!

I don't get the resins or vanilla that other people have mentioned (unfortunately, because I *love* resin scents). I do get the soap that people have mentioned, though. I think that there might be some sort of ozone in Nagarjuna, because I get a strong, soapy dryer sheets impression from this. I also can smell a hint of something woodsy (cedar?) and cologney. So... this smells like someone spritzed a manly woods cologne on to some dryer sheets for me.

In the imp this is a creamy and soft blend. It's almost like coconut sun tan lotion. It has a slight edge of something, but I don't know what!

Wet on my skin this is morphed into burnt sugared coconut. It's the sugar note in Sugar Skull!

Dry this is a beautiful burnt cocktail of coconut, sugar, blushing berries perhaps and the smallest squeeze of lemon. And this gorgeous cocktail has been served in a hand carved and delicate wooden chalice! There is a resin background that just grounds the whole blend. It's seamless and just lovely.

It's just GORGEOUS on me! Where can I find more?!

Edited by TulaMontage

I can't pick out a single note in this, but to me it just smells clean and fresh and not all vanilla/coconutty. It's so light and lovely.

It's a good thing that I put this on right before I had to leave to go somewhere. Otherwise, I would have washed it off. It has a very fruity smell in the beginning and then it instantly turns to powder. But while I got fruit/powdery fruit, the next instant I got hit with something VERY sharp. DID NOT LIKE!!!

Then, about an hour later, I sniffed my wrist again, fully expecting to recoil once more. What I found, right there on my own skin, was the most gorgeous amber-y scent ever. I don't see ever putting much of this on at a time, because that sharp phase is like a frakking razor. But oh, boy, what it eventually settles into is so pretty.

Nagarjuna v2 - Unidentifiable resins, an overly-sweet musk (maybe a vanilla musk of some sort?), and something really soapy. I don't find this scent enjoyable at all.

Very atmospheric. Reminds me at first of a high-end mainstream designer perfume, but quickly acquires some ineffable aura of dissolution, dissipation. I'm glad it stays pretty on me; it inspires a powerful sense of nostalgia.