Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Trish

Looking for any Harry Potter scent recommendations

It would be easy to capitalize on the animal mascots: there are Snake Oilies for Slytherin, The Lion for Gryffindor, Crow Moon for Ravensclaw. Hufflepuff might be a challenge, though.

Enraged Groundhog Musk? (In lieu of enraged badger musk...)

The people who stand next to you in line that night will be veeeery lucky. :D Although, it'd be funny to see someone running around shouting, "I'm an every flavor bean! Sniff me and see what you find!!"

:P

Thank heavens I had swallowed my drink!

I'm actually clueless as what, and if, I'll be dressing up. Very tempted to go as a Mary-Sue (at which point, something akin to Pink Phoenix will have to be worn.)

If I go as my usual Millicent Bulstrode, I'm thinking something tough, and with leather. DeSade hates my skin, but perhaps Quincy Morris?

If I go as my usual Millicent Bulstrode, I'm thinking something tough, and with leather. DeSade hates my skin, but perhaps Quincy Morris?

Dragon's Hide? Or Hellfire?

I'm actually clueless as what, and if, I'll be dressing up. Very tempted to go as a Mary-Sue (at which point, something akin to Pink Phoenix will have to be worn.)

my favorite leather scent is Loviatar, but that may be a bit too sexy for Millicent.

i'm going to be curled up at home, since i ordered it from Amazon with guaranteed release date delivery, so i'm going to want something nice and cozy. i'm thinking Pumpkin Patch #4. that's my favorite pumpkin scent. and maybe i'll make some pumpkin pasties, too!

Edited by concrescence

I've finalized my costume for release night - Molly Weasley. Hee! Frumpy skirt, patterned blouse, somewhat ugly knit sweater, and I shall prop up my Weasley clock (from Signals magazine) and work on my knitting. So now I need an appropriate scent - something homey, bit dowdy, but let's face it - the woman has 7 kids, I think she's pretty attractive to at least one man. *g* Any ideas? Antique Lace seemed a little too romantic for such a practical woman.

Rina

Hee hee - so many good ideas here! A few more:

Jailbait - Seems like it'd suit the teenage wizards in Book 7 ....

The Candy Butcher - for those blocks of chocolate Madame Pomfrey is forever administering

Any of the shapeshifter Lunacy scents, for the animagi

TAL Veils and Mist, for the invisibility cloak

Mary Sue wears the paris hilton blends.

I have a newbie stash which actually contains many potter-centric scents. Everywhere my obsessions overlap. Now I just need to decide between boomslang, miskatonic, and bewitched.

Anything to distract me while I wait for the book...

I've finalized my costume for release night - Molly Weasley. Hee! Frumpy skirt, patterned blouse, somewhat ugly knit sweater, and I shall prop up my Weasley clock (from Signals magazine) and work on my knitting. So now I need an appropriate scent - something homey, bit dowdy, but let's face it - the woman has 7 kids, I think she's pretty attractive to at least one man. *g* Any ideas? Antique Lace seemed a little too romantic for such a practical woman.

Rina

For homey, I think something like White Rabbit might be good -- having a cuppa after doing the laundry. :P Molly is warm and motherly, so I think chai tea might encapsulate that well. Maybe Milk Moon, or Cockaigne, Dana o Shee? Jack? Knave of Hearts or March Hare? Drink Me?

Maybe even the Lion -- warm and protective.

Otherwise, Molly is traditional and a little old-fashioned, so something more classic might work well. Maybe London? Even something like Arcana, maybe -- it's herbal, so it's like the scent of her cooking, collecting herbs for potions, doing other work around the house.

I am crazy for Helena Bonham Carter and her sexy-Goth Bellatrix outfit, so I want to dress as her and wear Bewitched. :P

Ohhhhhhhhh me too!!! Helena rocks. I want that corset and black dress she's wearing in the publicity pictures.

On Friday night, I'm going to my local and teeny-tiny Borders Express for their release party for the upcoming Harry Potter book. There will be games and it is designed as a ball with costumes encouraged.

I'm taking a bit of inspiration from the character Tonks and going with a brightly-colored wig. The rest of my costume is a midnight blue satin ball gown, and a dark blue cape lined with silver fabric. I'll probably find some twig to use as my wand and have matching blue and silver jewelry.

As I have TONS of imps right now and don't want to list all of them, I've narrowed down the scents that seem like potentials. I'm also listing some of my bottles.

Help me decide which to wear?

In no particular order:

Monsterbait: Closet

Monsterbait: Underpants

Monsterbait: Bigger Critters

Punkie Night

Swank

Peony Moon

Glitter

Dorian

Cathode

Delirium

The Unicorn

Muse

Poisoned Apple

Asp Viper

Tweedledee

Amsterdam

Alice

Eos

Hollywood Babylon

Jester

Love Lies Bleeding

Port Royale

Old Scratch

Tempest

Santa Muerte

Thank you in advance.

Punkie Night! It's mischief and apple-y fun. That's my vote.

I think either Boomslang (hee!) or Pumpkin Queen. So hard to choose...

I still have no idea. "Dee" actually reminds me a lot of Snape, so I may wear that. Or, to completely embody JKR's idea of perfection, and the protection Harry has always enjoyed - "Blinding Glory of Love."

I'm currently waffling about Bewitched, Dee, Poisoned Apple (well, it's not specifically Harry Potter, but it is very fairy-tale ish), and thinking about trying to make Boomslang work. The Snake Oil in it hates me, but maybe in a locket... :P

I'm totally bringing a box of BPAL bottles for the 'potions' class they're having at one of the events.

I'm wearing The Ghost. It's the end, I've been spoiled mercilessly, and I'm a little sad. (It wasn't a willful spoilage. Some nasty person posted the deaths on a livejournal community.)

So I'm wearing a mourning blend for reading.

It's gonna be a rough one. :P

I am crazy for Helena Bonham Carter and her sexy-Goth Bellatrix outfit, so I want to dress as her and wear Bewitched. :P

Ohhhhhhhhh me too!!! Helena rocks. I want that corset and black dress she's wearing in the publicity pictures.

Ditto! I'm already trying to figure out if I can pull that off for Halloween this year.

On topic: Pumpkin Queen. Is what I was wearing. My lips are sealed.

Edited by hackess

I'm totally bringing a box of BPAL bottles for the 'potions' class they're having at one of the events.

I wish they were having a potions class at my local event! Potions is my favorite subject, and I'd really love to get into aromatherapy and the types of things that the lab does, because it's all basically potions.

I still haven't settled on a scent for Bellatrix. I'm thinking Incantation, because I think it suits her, but I don't personally care for sharper scents as much, so I don't know if I can stand to wear it all night. I don't hate it, but it's hard for me to wear scents that aren't, well, me. But I'm not sure that anything in my personal stash is appropriate for her. I feel like she needs something cold and violent, but she could also work something a little sexy. Maybe Nahemoth. I love it, it does represent "The evil woman", and it's definitely nothing too sweet, light, or innocent.

I'm looking over my spreadsheet, and here are some other things that stand out to me:

The Bloody Sword

The tell-tale heart

Khandita

Argh, decisions, decisions... I'll just have to try everything on tomorrow afternoon and see what stands out.

Hmm, what would Voldemort wear? The Bow and Crown of Conquest? Faustus?

I've always wondered what BPAL Ginny Weasley would smell like--since Harry lurves the "flowery scent" that always seems to surround her. My hair is reddish (not bright, sadly) so I'm going to scent it with one of my pretty florals for tomorrow night! I'm thinking something like Ophelia or Desdemona.

Eeeee we're at T-minus 24 hours!!!