Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

After reading the sensational reviews ... let's just say this scent is one of my great BPAL disappointments. My theory is that the scent was unable to live up to the hype of the reviews. In hindsight, if I had tried this scent without all the expectations built up of how one sniff would turn anyone into a dripping lucious sex goddess I think I would have been blown away by it.

Hype aside this scent really is like smearing yourself with lush, sticky, gooey honey. The smell is authentic and astonishing for a perfume oil. This blend is quite an achievement, a testament to the skill with which these perfumes are created. Though it may fall short of everything this review promises (hey, it may not!) this is still quite a pretty, sexy and unique perfume.

The honey note is also an interesting one to age. Aged bottles of O are quite popular. Might be worth grabbing a bottle and storing it in a cool dark place for a couple of years to see if the cloying quality of the honey note settles down. I've been unable to really enjoy this perfume because the sweetness of lab fresh imps has been stifling so far ... would like to try this scent well-aged.

In the bottle, I smell baking vanilla and honey.

Wet: Vanilla and honey still come through, but I'm getting a powdery scent, which I hope dies down a bit.

Dry down: I am getting much more amber now, and the honey and vanilla seem to be taking a back seat. I still smell powder though.

Dry: I smell heavy amber and some honey, followed lightly by vanilla. The powdery scent is gone, thank goodness, and I'm left with a lovely, rich scent.

hmm the amber has always put me off trying this..however I was recently given a frimp of this and WOW! its really lovely, though I do not get the post-sex smell some people have had?? Sex certainly doesn't smell of honey to me? perhaps i'm doing it wrong? anyhow back to O...

fresh in the imp - i get honey, honey, honey

wet on the skin - the honey is still in your face. very much like Lush B never/ flying fox shower gel..almost playdoh but not quite

dry - the vanilla shows its face, with a slight powdery amber in the back ground and still lots of honey. Amber usually amps on me, however though i get some powder it never takes over and covers me in old lady talcness. I think a bottle may be on my next order :)

Snake oil and King Cobra are my favourite Bpal scents at the moment...to my nose O is their sweet and a tiny bit naughty little sister...love it!

In the Imp: sweet and light

Wet on Skin: Smells like The Boy's homemade mead

While Drying: I think I can pick out the vanilla. I wouldn't have recognized it without looking at the notes. Don't recognize the amber yet.

After a Little While: Gah. Super sweet. Oh wow… it smells *exactly* like jarred honey.

Later: Still all honey all the time.

Final Thoughts: I think I would prefer this layered with something, but I might be in the mood for this alone from time to time.

I was hoping to love this one, and it is ok, but not fantastic. It doesn't really seem to fit my concept of O from the story, either. I'll come back to my imp and try it from time to time to see if it grows on me.

O earns a 3.5/5 on my skin.

I'm new (hi) and I'm not a pro at describing scents as eloquently as most of you but I'll throw in my two cents in my own way.

I bought a full bottle of this after reading the reviews because I love the smell of honey. It definitely has that honey smell right out of the bottle but on my skin, I noticed the "skin smell" everyone is talking about...and I narrowed it down. (brace yourselves) It smells like armpit!! Clean armpit but it's the same smell. It really makes me think of sex right out of the shower.

I can't stop sniffing my wrist, this juice is delicious and addictive. It's a sweet/clean/kinda dirty/sexy scent. :twisted:

On me, O is straight up honey and very sweet. I like it solo, but it also lends itself to layering and brightening up darker, musky scents. Glad I got a bottle!

O

Okay, I confess I only ordered this because I feel as a BPAL fan, I really should have tried O by now. I LOVE honey and the other notes are fine, so I figured there should be no reason why this wouldn't work on me.

Opening the imp and smelling directly from it, this smells exactly like Hecate. :ack:
Upon first application to my wrist, it still smells like Hecate! Why am I getting almond from this? WHY?! :evil:

As it settles down, it still smells like evil almond, but also has a nice foody quality to it. I'm wondering why people say this smells like sex. Does sex smell like delicious pastries to them? :P
It's also burning. Crap! :eek:

I declined to implement the old scrub 'n' pray, instead opting to tempt the fates and endure the burniness. Thankfully, it only lasted a few minutes, and eventually morphed into a delicious warm honey scent.

Mmmm...it's like bathing in a hot tub of bubbling honey. :wub2:

I love this. I only wish it was stronger.

4 out of 5

Amber, Honey, and Vanilla are all notes of win on me.

So it's no surprise that O works marvelously on me. It's strongly honey, but the amber is underneath, grounding it a bit, and making it a little less like I just slathered myself with the clover honey in the kitchen.

I don't so much get sex out of this, just something warm, soft, and comforting. Like a warm soft plush blanket you wrap around yourself when you're sitting on the couch and watching a movie like The Princess Bride, one you've seen hundreds of times but still enjoy. O is the smell of that coziness.

I get lightly honeyed amber ... and oatmeal. I amp honey so this is cloying. The honey is warm and not fruity or floral. The vanilla gives it a creaminess. it would be a warm comforting scent if my skin didn't amp it.

Edited by BuxomM

Cocoa butter vanilla, later it's almost fruity but not quite, it's foody and very sweet but yummy, but I prefer to eat the yummy stuff not necessarily smell like it. I'm undecided about this one but I'm leaning towards the decision that it's a little too sweet for me.

I've had O forever (as far as my explorations of BPAL go). How could I not, as much as I love amber and vanilla, and honey's got to make it even better, right? But I never got around to posting a review, even though my experiences with it haven't changed over time.

In the imp: Sweet, warm vanilla.

On me: From the moment I put it on, all I get is skin. Warm, flushed skin. Decide for yourself how the skin got flushed, although words like afterglow and post-coital definitely seem to fit.

Not a scent that I've got a lot of reason to wear given my RL these days, and when I could, there are others I like better. But I can definitely see the appeal.

O is my go-to aphrodisiac scent. It turns me into a completely narcissistic nymphomaniac, in the best way possible. It is a little heavy in the summer in my climate and can get cloying, but I still find myself reaching for it - the honey has a magical, creamy after-amazing-sex feel to it that's contagious! A definite mood-improver.

In the bottle: Totally smells like amber, honey and vanilla.

Wet: I'm getting a Queen Anne chocolate covered cherry vibe going on here (weird chemistry, I blame it on my children :P ), but there's something else that smells SO GOOD that I just can't put my finger on. Maybe it's the vanilla? Maybe it's the honey? Who knows.

Oh thank goodness it's not just me! Chocolate-covered cherries was the first thing I thought of and I haven't been able to get that out of my mind! It's not even the chocolate part, it's the sweet cherry and syrupy stuff inside the chocolate. That's totally what I'm getting from this!

Don't get me wrong, I can totally pick out the actual notes and they are amazing blended together, but my brain won't stop with the candy! It's making me wish it were Christmas so I could go buy a box! I'm hoping this will calm down more, as several reviewers have attested to this being a long-lasting scent. If I can stop thinking I've opened a chocolate-covered cherry and wiped it all over my arm, I'll update this.

I do like the minimal throw on this- it feels like a scent I could put on and happily wear on a plane or in another crowded, enclosed area and not worry about bothering anyone else with it.

I loved this one! It's very straightforward for me.

In the Bottle: Rich, honey-amber serum. Intoxicating. Reminded me of warm mead at a Renaissance Faire.

Application: The "liquor" value of the honey-amber combination intensified with a swell.

On the Skin: After settling in for a few moments, it returned to its familiar, velvet mead and incense glow.

On the Skin over Time: As time passed, "O" stayed the same on my skin. In fact, after the initial application swell, it settled in and smelled exactly like it had smelled inside the bottle. It had a strong body and remained dominant, with full aromatic values, for hours afterward. In fact, I did not remove it in the evening and wore it all night. This morning it has the same sweet-warm scent, but it has lessened in strength by only about 30%.

I really liked this one. I am a sucker for amber and honey and for me, "O" was a stable, reliable scent.

O my goodness!

OK, silliness aside, this was another imp I ordered in my latest batch. I figured that I love amber, honey, and vanilla, so how could this go wrong? In the imp, the scent was much sweeter than I expected. Was I just crazy not to expect a honey scent to be that sweet? Maybe. Vanilla and honey jumped out, grabbed my nostrils, and wouldn't let go. At that moment, I couldn't detect amber at all.

I dabbed some on. When first testing, I'm very much a dabber, not a slatherer. That way if things go dreadfully wrong--The Chicken Legged Hut, I'm looking at you! :rantrave: -- it's not hard to scrub it off before violent nausea ensues. My caution was unnecessary with O. Wet, the amber began to assert itself and ground its sweet playmates. There was also something of a vague fruit note at this point, almost orange blossom-y.

On the dry down, the almost cloying quality of the honey settled down. It became a lot warmer and more sensual, and the vanilla sort of floated atop it. Several hours later, there was still a very decent throw. The scent hasn't morphed again. It has stayed a very harmonious blend of the three notes listed with still something a little fruity and flirty beneath it all. It doesn't smell even remotely like sex to me, but it is a nice, sexy scent. When I start running low on my current bottles, this is one I'd consider having more of. I can't stop sniffing my wrists while wearing it.

Smelled better in the imp than on me. For some reason, I smell toasted coconut as soon as it hits my skin. Lots of honey. My skin seems to amp the hell out of honey. It's a nice enough scent, but a little too sweet. If you like baking-cookies type scents, you'll love this. 3 3/4 out of 5 stars.

this parfume is very soft and ambery, the light sweetness of honey is tender and creamy enough to introduce you in a relaxing atmosphere without sounding too gourmand, I find in It a very pleasant sensation, calming and exciting in the same way. makes me feel good.I think I must have a full bottle.

Oh, O. I wanted to love you. I love honey and I love vanilla, and amber can be really good sometimes. You start out promising..in the vial, you smell like delicious, sticky honey! Up close on my skin, you still smell that way, but a little softer. Why, then, do you smell like baby wipes from a distance? I do not understand! :cry2: I will try you again, though, just to see if maybe today was an off day.

O is very pronounced even when still in the vial. With some blends, I find that they smell kind of vague in the vial and don't show their true colours until they're applied to the skin, but with O, it's BAM, amber and honey as soon as one pops the cap off.

Freshly applied, I get more amber, whereas when applied to my hair, the honey dominates. As O dries down on my skin, the honey definitely catches up to the amber. I don't get vanilla from this, though.

I personally don't find this to be an aphrodisiac but only because it reminds me of something from my childhood, but I can't figure it out. Instead, it's warm and comforting. For me, it's the kind of blend that isn't necessarily your favourite, but you're most likely going to pick up a bottle anyway because an imp won't be enough.

The amber really came to the fore on me, with the honey adding a light muskiness. I hardly smell the vanilla at all. I like this a lot, it has a personality without being overpowering. I find it a very subtle scent. My husband enjoys it as well, he says it reminds him of an incense he used to burn in college - probably the amber. Considering getting a full bottle.

I can't believe I never posted a review for this one--it's raw, highly sexual honey that's predominantly honey wet and dries down to reveal a musky amber base and swirls of vanilla. One of my GC holy grails. :wub2:

In bottle: The vanilla is very creamy, almost too much so.

Wet: The vanilla quickly shows that it is toned by the honey and amber.

Dry: The three notes blend very nicely together, the vanilla is still a touch too much like cream but as time goes on the scent itself disappears and I can only catch whiffs of it every once in a while.

Notes: A great simple sweet scent. It’s lovely on it’s own and makes a great layering scent, (impatiently discovered after throwing O on top of the Lion!)

O is definitely my favorite of all the BPAL scents I've tried. It ages beautifully.

In the bottle: I can definitely smell the honey and the amber.

Wet- Still smells like honey and amber but I'm definitely getting a little more vanilla.

Dry- The amber becomes a lot more prevalent on me, but the honey and vanilla are still there.

Notes: On my skin this scent has a lot of throw and it really sticks to stuff. My coats and scarves really smell like it, and it lasts for a long time on my skin.

God, this is gorgeous! It's not as sexy as say Snake Oil and Le Petit Mort, but is still quite seductive. Just after I put O on, a friend came over and commented that the house smelled really good. I proudly told her that nope, that was ME that smelled so phenomenal!

In vial: Very sweet but not in a foody way. Mmm, so inviting! The amber is definitely the star at this point, but the honey is fighting its way to the top while vanilla just tries to mellow the two out.

Wet: No big changes so far, but the vanilla is smoothing out the scent.

Dry: All three notes are working so well together! And it lasts really well, still going strong after well over four hours.

Btw, does anyone else find the process of applying perfume with an applicator very sexy? I don't know, but something about it just gets my motor going. It doesn't hurt when the scent is O, or Snake Oil, or something other aphrodisiac scent!

Edit: I've been a bit undecided about O recently, and I just figured out why. O smells amazing in my hair and on my clothing, but on my skin, it can smell a little strange. Almost a urine smell?! :o Hmm, I will keep trying it on my skin to see if as it ages it loses this quality. If not, it may just have to be a hair scent.

Edited by subtlesiren

Hmm, this scent is truly as described "innocence defiled". I could like this scent if it was layered with something else.. but by itself, its just too much for me.

It smelled the same from wet to dry, only mellowed a bit and crept closer and closer to the skin.

Now on to describing the smell.. um, well not to be too offensive, but it actually smelled like a used vagina. Not like a rank or nasty smelling one, but just a after sex smelling one. And while this can be a turn on, its not something I want to smell like for 10+ hours. That said, I do have to give credit to the longevity of O.

I believe I could really like it, if it was layered with something, almost anything, so its not 100% that exact smell.