Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

On me this is sweet and musky, and could be interpreted as certain bodily fluids. After a couple of hours it dries down to a sweet almond.

I feel like I could seduce anyone in this perfume. It is just that gorgeous. It's not musky, which is perfect for me since I don't do most musks, but it is lovely and seductive and playful all at once.

I'm not going to do the usual in the imp/wet/dry/overall reviews I do with other oils. This is vanilla and honey. And it's beautiful. Snake Oil without the spiciness, Jezebel without the roses. It takes a while for the honey to come out, but when it did, I fell in love. It doesn't have the amazing throw I was expecting and it doesn't last as long as I was expecting, but I still love it! :P

Hmmm

Swiped this one on today.

In the bottle: honey hits my nose sharply first. I'm a bit wary but swipe it on anyway

Wet (ie less than 2 minutes later): my boyfriend stares at my mineral makeup suspiciously. "Is that baby powder? Something smells like baby powder"

Dry: still baby powder; very sweet. not unpleasant, but then again, not "sex in a bottle"

2nd try when my boyfriend was out (approx. five hours later):

My earlier swipes have faded - I catch a couple of whiffs here and there, but it's essentially gone.

Wet: Hm. I'm getting more of the honey this time. It's a bit cloying.

Dry: Seems to be baby powder + honey?

I wanted to like this... might hang on to the imp & try layering with something else (if I can figure out what). or maybe just letting it age for a bit. :D

*** EDIT ***

Okay, so I've let this imp age in its box for about a year... and it's just GORGEOUS. I finally get what all the fuss is about!

Wet: Beautiful honey, sweetened by vanilla. Rich, warm, and comforting.

Dry: I think that's the amber coming out to ground it. It's aged so beautifully! (Either that or my nose has gotten better!) :P It also smells fresh, in a way - very sophisticated! =]

Not sure if this is worth a big bottle at the moment (money is tight & yules are realllly tempting~) but it really is something I'd look at getting later on, when I have the extra cash! (re: no longer a college student. -__-)

Edited by brettashley

Bottle: Sort of dry and sour. Definitely getting whiffs of the honey and not necessarily that semen smell that other people describe but there is a sense of carnality to it.

Wet: I love honey but honey consistantly takes a while to warm up to me. The honey goes sour and I can smell the amber and vanilla sort of warming to my skin. I wait it out.

Dry: It comes around. It smells sort of like a soft, sticky sweet honey over clean skin. I think it's very sexy but not necessarily "I must have you now!" sexy. It's actually kind of weirdly friendly-sexy. It's that moment in the movie where the lead character's object of affection squeezes by him in a crowd close enough for him to inhale her perfume and she winks at him or squeezes his hand before disappearing back into the crowd. It's flirty and seems more like the scent of longing than the scent of passion.

Throw: Close to the skin. Which is good. Some scents should be bold but this is a bit too... carnal to be a strong scent.

Overall: I wear O a lot more than I thought I would. I usually wind up mixing it with lotion for an all over honey scent since that cuts the initial sour smell quite a bit and leaves me with a perfect, soft skin scent. It's girly, sexy and definitely deserves the hype.

This is my favourite bpal scent so far, the first one I really liked even when it was fesh. Now, after few months, this is the best thing on my skin ever!!!

Mostly amber, strong honey and a touch of vanilla on me, and it lasts forever!

And it really is sex in the bottle, there's no other way to describe it. :P

Edited by milica

wow, i cant begin to describe this scent!

I got in in my first imp order two days ago. and it smelled AWFUL. i smelled the amber , but it smelled so powdery and bad. and i did get a very sweet note of vanilla. and that was it. it smelled really dusty. bad....

But then all that CHANGED. the day i first tested it wss the beginning of my 'period". so today i tried it agin. and WOW OMG!!! ITS PURE AMAZING!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!

tis time i smell the honey, it isnt sweet, its lovely. The vanilla isnt very pronounced. it mingles with the honey , very nicely!

Then i smell the musk amber. its sexy. its slightly powdery , but just enough to give it a dark edge. if that makes sense. All 3 note tie together amazingly. WOW

It sweet but musky, sexy!

Yet its not over powering, not your typical perfume smell.

People will be asking whats that smell rather than whats that perfume! OMG! i love this. to think i wanted to swap it off...

In the vial: Sweet yet tart, and not particularly pleasant.

On me: O is almost beyond description. It is all of its parts: warm, slightly powdery, golden amber; a sweet, smooth but slightly sticky mixture of vanilla and honey. Yet it is so much more than those parts alone. The sweetness is indulgent and the honey has a distinct sexual aspect, but the base of golden resin makes the scent glow with inviting warmth and provides a dusting of gentle, soothing powder. A rich, golden, comfortable scent, O is decadent and sensual but surprisingly gentle. The color is light gold; the throw is low to medium.

Verdict: Without doubt, O is a true delight of a perfume. It's a personal favorite, easy to love, and adored by the boyfriend. It's sensual without being overtly sexual, so it's easy to wear and great for snuggling up with. There is beauty in this simplicity, and O is certainly greater than the mere sum of its parts.

I just got my first imp order today and thought I'd wear this to work.

I really wanted to like this - I'd heard so many good things about it - but it just smells like baby powder. There was a point at which I caught a whiff of really sweet amber, with some very dry very powdery vanilla, but after about three hours it's just pure baby powder. In fact, one of my co-workers said 'Are you wearing baby powder?'

Maybe will try again when I get home. Hopefully it'll play more nicely on my skin and become that 'sex in a bottle' post-coital scent I was hoping for.

This is the first time I've sniffed a perfume and been able to smell all the little scents that make it up! (or at least the major ones.) VERY clearly amber, honey, vanilla that combines in something that is sweet, but in a rich, buttery way, not a candy way. Oh my GOD I love this. It's an eyes-rolling-to-the-back-of-your-head scent. Not light at all, this is thick, heavy, and warm. Very golden. The honey is so amazing and I think I'm in love (lust?) with amber. Ordering a bottle of this. (Or two.) :P

Wet: Spun sugar.

Dry: Sugar and rich deep honey. Not enough oomph for me for daytime, but warm and comforting for evening.

Comparisons to other scents: I had been hanging onto my imp of O, but I've since discovered Defututa, and Defututa's hint of flower petals mixed with the similar languorous honey and vanilla has totally won me over.

So far, this is my go-to scent. I know it smells good on me and it's sexy and sweet, but not overpowering. I really recommend letting it age for a while. It's nice new, but it really mellows with age, and the amber comes out more. Gorgeous.

O smells, to me, precisely like a mixture of The Lion and Snake Oil. I suppose it's just the amber and vanilla fusion. But, seriously, if you like both of those oils, you've got to like O.

I hate hate hate vanilla when it comes in the form of candles/lotion/air fresheners/mainstream perfume. I roll my eyes when people get all excited about vanilla this and vanilla that. Get over it already: vanilla is freaking boring. But not in this scent. :P It works really to its best potential here (as in Snake Oil).

Overall, the scent is indeed very sexy and decadent and full-bodied. It's pretty strong on me and lasts longer than most. I'm pretty in love with it, and it's a serious candidate for a 5ml.

O is the second most popular girl in school, but she's certainly the most interesting. This bottle of precious, like most women, is much better aged and mellowed.

O is one of those "Love it or Loathe it" scents and I :P it. It's sweet, but not cloying. Ambery, but not overly powdery. Vanilla makes it yummy, but not too foody. The combination produces a skin-musk scent that is very evocative of clean, sea-salted, sun-warmed skin.

O is okay fresh from the lab, but give it 8 or so months and you'll have a real treasure on your hands. My older bottles have started to develop a breath of chocolatey/nutty/beurre noisette that I really like. It takes the scent from being pure golden clear generic honey to being an artisanal honey from happy, sexed up bees.

O is a sexy, warm honey-vanilla on me. The amber seems to hold the other two down and keep them from being too simple. Overall, it's a totally lovely smell, yet it's not exactly spectacular to me. That said, I love honey and vanilla so it's not like I'm complaining!

Edited by obsidienne

I was really expecting alot from O, and got absolutely nothing :P I wonder if it's just me - but it was super strong in the imp and when it was wet...the smell made me feel sick. After it dried down, all it smelled like was baby powder, and I STILL smell it (applied at 8:00AM, now it's 3:30PM).

I will try again in a few days, maybe it was just today...*hoping*

Sharp sharp honey. Crazy, acrid, sour, bright, honey. Bitter and floral and rich.

This smells like honey on steroids, honey on the moon, a honey explosion.

It's good.

:P

I had high hopes for O, being the amber whore that I am.

Oh, hey, I have a new death note: honey. And on my skin, honey equals cat pee.

Trade pile.

Initial Smell from Bottle: Ick, very dry honey. This reminds me of something..

Wet: Kama Sutra's Honeysuckle Body Dust. That's how I know this smell. Unfortunately, I hate the scent of that product.

Dry: Apparently, my skin amps honey. I smell no vanilla or amber, two of my favorite notes, only honey honey honey. Disappointing, I had high hopes for O.

Out of 10: 4

ADDED April 15:

I love amber. I love vanilla. I am impartial to honey. So O should have been made of win, right?

Incorrect. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't smell bad, it just smells.. kind of blah on my skin. In the imp, it smelled rich and heavenly, syrupy and luscious. On my skin? Kama Sutra Honeysuckle Body Dust. It's uncanny. The rich scent in the imp turns to a dry, powdery honey on my skin. Sigh.

5/10, as I'm sure this would smell lovely with someone else's skin chemistry.

So my affair with O went a little like this;

-whiff at Will Call- Holy green beans Batman! This smells like sex! -puts the bottle back-

Which is almost funny as my mother-because we place our orders together-had ordered an imp of O.

Anyways, imp came in, I put it on and she put it on. Following conversation ensued;

Me; "This smells like sex. Like, in the aftermath."

Mother; -whiffs and then proceeds to give me a relatively questioning look- "How would you know?"

Anyways! I had high hopes--honestly--for O and well, perhaps if it ages things will get better--I can only hope.

It smelled like some crazy flowers met and went a tad psycho with honey while vanilla played a minor role--at least on me it did. Admittedly, I washed it off pretty darned fast.

Edited by DeadlyDelicates

I ought to have reviewed O a long time ago. It was almost the first scent I tried and it was the first big bottle I purchased. I love it- it's the bottle I reach for if I don't have a formed idea of what kind if scent I want. Honey really agrees with my chemistry as does vanilla and amber, so perhaps that's not so surprisng. I've had a number of compliment wearing it. Occasionly I layer it with Love Me, but the reactions I get then makes it only suitable in very select company. :-)

I can see why this is so popular, but the honey amps to a nauseating degree on my skin. I think it would be great in a scent locket though - very golden and lush. Not for me, though. Glad I finally tried this BPAL standard!