Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

what is the deal with this???

i saw beth's announcement before and i am guessing it could be directly related

to this auction??

sweet frankincense??

No, I don't think Beth's announcement concerned that auction. I think it was directed at "professional re-sellers" and people who abuse the BPAL name by labeling auctions of materials that don't originate with the Lab as "for BPAL".

I see...so is this an "authentic" bpal item from way back when before

the lab ever came to be?

Edited because Clover beat me to it, but, yes, my understanding is that this particular auction is actually a very very old bottle from the days from before there was an actual Lab.

Edited by emzebel

Actually, my understanding is that this particular auction is actually a very very old bottle from the days from before there was an actual Lab.

wow!! being aged for this length it must smell amazing!!!

thanks for the info everyone!!!! :P

to this auction??

sweet frankincense??

Wow, just .. wow. Yea it's real.

The first one who catches your posts should get a prize :P

It's nice to see you around!

to this auction??

sweet frankincense??

Wow, just .. wow. Yea it's real.

:P That is so cool!!!! I wonder if anything else from that line is out there somewhere??? (*debates adding to spreadsheet*)

I'm probably being incredibly dense and doing the whole not seeing the wood for the trees here but I just won an eBay auction that included a TAL named "Temple: Black Arts" and I can't find it on the site.

Can anybody help please??

I hope I'm not repeating something you already know. :P

TAL is Twilight Alchemy Lab, a separate company from BPAL. The website is here.

They are a line of magical oils, not perfumes; the Temple one you got is on the site under "Temple Blends & Ceremonial Oils."

Edited by Diana

TAL is Twilight Alchemy Lab, a separate company from BPAL. The website is here.

They are a line of magical oils, not perfumes; the Temple one you got is on the site.

Thankyou. I had looked at the TAL site but like I said I was clearly being dumb. I see it now. Thankyou again.

I just received 23 BPAL products from a very dear, generous friend. There were three discontinued scents, 19 current ones, and one that I could not identify. It is in a 10ml amber bottle with a regular label that says "0". She, my benefactor has no memory regarding this scent. I'm really not sure, but it seems to be slimmer not fatter, so I think it is the number, not the letter. I tried searching on "zero" as well, and no answers. Any ideas, anyone? AuntPat

I just received 23 BPAL products from a very dear, generous friend. There were three discontinued scents, 19 current ones, and one that I could not identify. It is in a 10ml amber bottle with a regular label that says "0". She, my benefactor has no memory regarding this scent. I'm really not sure, but it seems to be slimmer not fatter, so I think it is the number, not the letter. I tried searching on "zero" as well, and no answers. Any ideas, anyone? AuntPat

It's probably "O" as in the letter and it is in the Love Potions category.

O is a general catalog scent, but a search here won't bring it up because of the one letter title.

Here are the reviews for O. You can find it on the lab's official site under "Love Potions".

Your friend must be a lovely person to give you such a wonderful introduction to BPAL.

Can someone tell me what notes are in Devil's Night 2006? The description doesn't really list specific ones, and by reading the reviews the only one that's been mentioned, from what I can remember, is sandalwood. I've really like to know because I *love* this scent and would like to try others like it.

Well... today my first shiny BPAL order arrived, and it arrived with a surprise pack of Imp's! Which I think is totally awesome. The thing is... there is one scent that, for the life of me, I cannot find anywhere on the BPAL site or in the reviews on the forums. The lable says 'Van Van', and I was wondering if anyone has heard of this one before, or if I did indeed get a mystery scent.

And sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, it didn't seem appropriate for the FAQ section, and this is the only one that made sense.

... well, now I feel silly.

Don't feel silly! I've been collecting BPAL for at least 2 years now, and I recently got a frimp of Black Tower and had NO idea if it was a new or old scent. Turned out to be part of the GC and had all these pages of reviews. D'oh!

The catalog has like 500 blends in it. No worries if you can't remember them ALL!

N.

I have an imp of Chaos Theory 3... labeled "XMV 1015"

Now, I found a review for MXV 1015, and the description is nothing like what I'm smelling in this imp.

Was there a XMV, which would be 995? Or do I really have XMV, and my nose and the original reviewer's work completely different? I suppose it would help if I found out if jenleigh ever decanted her bottle of XMV, wouldn't it?

I'm trying to locate Nuclear Winter on the site. I know it's a Limited Edition, and I'm pretty sure it's discontinued, but I'd like the site's description of it for my spread sheet, and if possible the date it was discontinued. I haven't had any luck searching on the site, and while I can find the reviews of it here, I can't find it elsewhere. Help?

I'm trying to locate Nuclear Winter on the site. I know it's a Limited Edition, and I'm pretty sure it's discontinued, but I'd like the site's description of it for my spread sheet, and if possible the date it was discontinued. I haven't had any luck searching on the site, and while I can find the reviews of it here, I can't find it elsewhere. Help?

Here it is :P

Here it is :P

Thanks, but that's the review section on the forum that I said I could find. I'm trying to find where it's listed on the actual BPAL site (most of the other limited editions for the past few years seem to have updates showing on the site, and a number of them have the date they were discontinued, but I can't locate Nuclear Winter in that area). It's making me very confused, because it's the only one I can't actually find...

Thanks, but that's the review section on the forum that I said I could find. I'm trying to find where it's listed on the actual BPAL site (most of the other limited editions for the past few years seem to have updates showing on the site, and a number of them have the date they were discontinued, but I can't locate Nuclear Winter in that area). It's making me very confused, because it's the only one I can't actually find...

You have to search in advanced mode - a search "nuclear" for all scents for both descriptions and scent names pulled it up.

This is all the info you will get from the BPAL site itself. If you want the dates it was live (it was a 2005 Yule LE, not a discontinued blend), then the forum reviews are as close as you will get. It went up 10/05, as indicated in the reviews linked by portal kat and the Lab. I don't recall exactly when it went down, probably 1/06 or 2/06.

You have to search in advanced mode - a search "nuclear" for all scents for both descriptions and scent names pulled it up.

This is all the info you will get from the BPAL site itself. If you want the dates it was live (it was a 2005 Yule LE, not a discontinued blend), then the forum reviews are as close as you will get. It went up 10/05, as indicated in the reviews linked by portal kat and the Lab. I don't recall exactly when it went down, probably 1/06 or 2/06.

Ahhh -- thank you! I kept only finding the first one of those results and it was making me nutty :P

I got Sheol as an imp's ear freebie with my last order and I just love it.

It's musky and spicy but not too intense. More of a nighttime feeling but not too heavy for daytime. Makes me think of bellydancing :P

I would love to know what's in it but I can't find it anywhere though I searched both the Lab and the Forum.

Can someone direct me if it has already been described elsewhere on these boards? Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Hikaru