Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

I am a great fan of BPAL's "green" scents. Did anyone else notice Hemlock has gone missing?

Was this discontinued? :P

A note from Shollin, Reviews Moderator, dated 7/21/06:

A lot of the more recent questions in this thread are about scents whose names are too short to search for. Check out the post here if you find yourself in possession of a mysterious imp with a very short name... like Tum, Imp or even Eat Me.

I just searched for it here and at the lab's site, and found...*nothing*...rather odd, I say!

I happen to have an imp's ear of it sitting here, sniffed twice, but never worn. I'll never wear it, Chris claims he will, but I don't believe him. I may just have to put it in the "to be swapped" bowl. :P

FYI:

hemlock disappeared from the website accidentally. it is still available, though at the moment only in imp form off the website (though you CAN get it via paypal)

in theory, it will be returned in the next update.

Ooh! Another one I have to look for...

Does anyone know what happened to Ingenue?

Anyone happen to know/remember what notes are in this one?

I got a sample of it which I am adoring lots, but I can't figure out what's in there.

HEMLOCK

This infamous herb has a long, complex history: it has been used in spells of death and destruction, was a principal component in traditional witches' flying ointments, and was the poison used to put the philosopher Socrates to death. We have created a dark, profound herbal blend to personify and honor this wicked little plant.

and from what beth said here. they do plan on bringing back hemlock, ingenue, and wolfsbane.

what category's did these mysterious oils (hemlock, ingenue,and wolfsbane) fall under?

xoxo

vige

hemlock -> bewitching brews

ingenue -> love potions

wolfsbane -> bewitching brews

WOLFSBANE

Notorious for its properties for protection against werewolves and curing lycanthropy, this nefarious plant also has a fine history of use as a virulent poison. Clasically, Medea employed it in her many works of vengeance. This concoction of ours has none of the lethal qualities, but still personifies all of the herb's dark history beautifully.

Ugh, where are my manners? I thought I replied to this. Thanks for the information, quantum and andrabell!

In the "I got my order" section people mention getting imps of Wolfsbane, but I cannot find this scent either in the reviews section or through the search engine of the Lab. Where is it?

I think it's an older scent that was being re-forumlated, and Beth was intending to add it back into the collection in June but it hasn't actually made it yet.

Perhaps the ones in the order received thread are prototypes for people to try out?

Along the same lines, in my first order I received a sample of a fairly masculine scent called Savage. But there's nothing on the main site or this site about it. Does anyone know anything about it?

(sorry about the hijack, Mrs B!)

Ooo, I hope Beth brings them back soon--I'm plotting a bunch of imps for my little sister's birthday in Sept. and desperately need BOTH Ingenue and Wolfsbane...Ingenue because she's a theater major/wonderful little actress (can you tell I'm proud? :D and Wolfsbane because of her current obsession with Lupin, the werewolf in Harry Potter...although I could get Loup Garou for that one if need be. :P

Savage is a mystery to me, although it sounds great. Mrs. Black, check out the "Hemlock" thread on here--it ends up being hijacked and people do explain about Wolfsbane. :D

Dolly Dimple and Mrs. Black, usually when you receive a freebie imp that has no Lab description you are the lucky recipient of a prototype for an up-and-coming scent.

I'm one of the ones who received Wolfsbane in my latest order. It's a cool scent - masculine, strong and woody and foresty. If I were to guess about some of the notes, I'd say sandalwood, cedarwood, and something pine-y. I'll try to go re-sniff and get more specific.

Along the same lines, in my first order I received a sample of a fairly masculine scent called Savage.  But there's nothing on the main site or this site about it.  Does anyone know anything about it?

Hi Dolly! I got a Savage sample too. If you'd like to post a review of it, you can put it in the Up-and-Coming subforum even if it hasn't been officially announced... I'll do the same when I get around to wearing it (still have a huge pile to get through!)

I'd *love* to know more about these Wolfsband prototypes... I'm begging, on hands and knees even, for those lucky folks who got imps of this to post reviews ASAP!!!!

*merged the threads about 'where is hemlock' and 'where is wolfsbane' and moved them to the faq*

if you've been hearing about scents and you cannot find any infomation them online, there are two primarily possibilities:

- it is a prototype. the lab usually doesn't mention the prototypes at the earlier stages of creation, and this is USUALLY the case when you get an extra imp with an order and can't find any information about it. the lab may not *ever* sell them, and may vastly change them before selling them.

- it is a discontinued product or limited edition and no longer available. you may see mention of it in the reviews if this is the case. this would usually be the case if you've swapped for it.

HELP!

Where is Cabaret? I got an imp in a swap ages ago and didn't care for it and swapped it away. But I got another imp of Cabaret as a freebie from the lab and it's just lovely this time round.

I can't find it on the search engine for the main Lab site or the search engine here or in the reviews. I thought I reviewed it the first time or am I losing it?

Cabaret is a Love Potion....and the reviews are under Love Potions, too.

However, I did the same thing you did, andra, and searched for it, and nothing came up. Strange!

It's there though. :P

Also, when you do a search remember to search any date! I just looked up cabaret and clicked on that search feature and it came up. It took me forever to figure that out and I would get frustrated when I couldn't find a review.