Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Eisheth Zenunim

Honey, ambergris, neroli, white peach, patchouli, and cocoa absolute.

In the vial, all I can smell is sweet peach. Freshly applied, I get honey-sweetened neroli and peach, and I can detect a faint patchouli lurking around in the background.

Once dry, the main impression I get is sweet peach. The peach is a nostalgic (juvenile, really) topnote. The patchouli has pretty much sunk behind the sweet stuff, and after a while the neroli does the same thing. At no time do I get any cocoa, which bums me out. As a result, once the patchouli is overtaken by the sweeter elements, Eisheth Zenunim is a little one-dimensional on my skin. It even verges on peach candy. :ack:

Verdict: Honeyed peach with a hint of neroli amber haze. It's not very me.

ETA: scent description

Received an imp as a freebie in a swap. I would not have gotten this by choice but maybe I'll like it.

In imp: very sharp and tangy. I mostly smell the peach, which is not a natural peach, but more a candy one. It actually smells like peach shnapps or something alcoholic.

On wet: Mmm, very bright and candy like. Very fun scent! The patchouli lends a thickness in the background which turns the peach into alcohol for me somehow. I don't notice the other notes. I guess the honey must be what's making the peach so much like candy though.

Dry: Still a woody, candy peach, only it's become much lighter, which stinks because I liked the strength of the scent while wet. Maybe my skin will warm it up and strengthen it. This is basically a warm, pretty, playful peach scent with a woody aspect that lends maturity. I like it. I will probably keep this imp. :)

I always review my oils before I see what's in them and in this I got musk, dragon's blood and a floral like carnation or chrysanthamum. What a crazy combo and I was so far off! Love this! :wub2:

This is the scent that finally nailed neroli as a no-go for my skin. It's just sharp and very, well, shrill. This is an interesting scent, but the neroli dominates any hope of perceiving it other than through a thick fog. I think the peach would be a sweet, cute note, and I almost get the cocoa absolute too.

Sweet, honeyed peach, frosted with a touch of neroli. I can make out the cocoa and the patchouli, but they're fairly faint, and just dirty it up a little bit. It reminded me overall of Depraved, but a much less lusty version of that. Honestly, for a dirty stone fruit, I'd rather stick with Depraved, with the added benefit of being GC.

:yum:

I could simply stop the review right there, but I will add my two scents (haha!) to the mix.

First off, this is STRONG (!!!!!). I'm a slatherer usually, but just a dab is enough Eisheth for me.

The initial blast is boozy peach. Wet, juicy, just on the verge of being over ripe, and very sticky sweet. But almost immediately, the ambergris and patchouli ramp up to add warmth and depth and temper the sweetness.

As it dries, I get the barest hint of a dry dusty cocoa. It mostly just seems to add a bit more warmth and depth, but does also give it a bit of creaminess (?). I do NOT smell chocolate or cocoa outright. Just a bare dusting.

The neroli doesn't seem to show up at all, unless it just adds a bit of floral realism to the overall sweetness.

The honey does not overwhelm or turn into funky plastic or bad body odor as it can sometimes do on my skin. I get the impression of a very pale clover or orange blossom, or early wildflower honey, more of a light, warm floral sweetness than a rich, waxy HONEY.

The patchouli works very well in this. It's just barely there, and really just adds a bit of woody earthiness to the juicy slurp of peach.

The ambergris is also just a teensy whiff. It seems to kind of anchor the blend and add its characteristic balsamic salty warmth. I love me some whale vomit, so I wouldn't mind more, but that's just me. It does become more prominent on the drydown as fixatives are wont to do. The Patch also sticks around well enough to outlast the initial juicy blast.

Overall- I really like this and over time, it may grow into twoo wub. Fruit based blends don't usually agree with me, but I am finding that I do OK with apricot and peach. Maybe it's because I was born in Atlanta, GA and grew up being called a Georgia Peach! I think I might like it even more if the ambergris and patchouli were more prominent and may do some layering.

I can also completely smell the Poison reference. It was my scent of choice in high school, and while I'm not at all nostalgic for those times, I do still enjoy Poison, but find it much much too strong these days. This is lighter, sunnier, juicier, and just plain happier than Poison ever dreamed of being.

ETA: at the very late drydown stage, much of the slurpy peach burns off and the cocoa and other bottom notes really move to the foreground. It DOES start to smell like chocolate (yay! Happy dance). The peach doesn't ever take a backseat. It always remains a "peach" fragrance, but the darker notes, especially the cocoa and patchouli, get their moment to shine. The ambergris just holds it all together and keeps it from being too foody, giving it more of a "traditional perfume" feel without the (IMHO) harsh perfume stank.

Edited by ih8perfume

I would never have ordered this myself because it has "note of doom" peach in it, but it was part of a small lot of imps I purchased on eBay and I am bound and determined to try EVERYTHING that comes my way for the sake of anal-retentiveness.

IN THE IMP: Sadly but not unexpectedly, peach is the overriding note to my squeamish nose.

Dabbed onto one wrist.

WET: Happily, this is not as deadly once applied to my skin. I think this is because honey has a tendency to amp on me big-time, maybe even more than peach and other icky stone fruits (icky to my nose, but among my favorites to eat, go figure). So the sweetness of the honey offsets or at least lessens the more nauseating (to me) sweetness of the peach. Plus, another big amper for me is patchouli (love) and in this case that REALLY helps balance out the blend for me.

DRYDOWN: The patchouli, honey and cocoa make up for the peach to a big degree for me, and the patchouli in particular gives the scent a surprising crispness and balance.

OVERALL: Crazy as it sounds, this blend reminds me a lot of nursery school -- a combination of paste (patchouli) and fruit juice. Unlike most nursery schools, we did NOT have milk and cookies because it was an orthodox synagogue nursery school (we're not orthodox but it was a great nursery school). Ironic, since the blend name is Hebrew. This will go in the swap pile but it was not the disaster on my I had feared.

On a scale of 1-5, about a 2.5

2017 version

First, before I review, I am going to take a minute to beat myself up - "Future Liz! Be smarter! Stop thinking you are saving money by getting less decants and leaving scents off the list that you really do want to try! Recognize that you will just hunt them down later and pay more in shipping!! Just get the damn decants all together!!!" OK, I'm done now. Moving on.

Wet: Honey, fruit and cocoa. Actually much more gourmand than I anticipated. Wow, that's really nice. Ohhh. It's turning powdery. Stale-cocoa-puffs-of-doom. :( The peach note is really nice though, hoping this will recover, and maybe some of the ambergris will come through.

Dry: Really good. I don't always love peach, but I love it with some darker notes, like patchouli apparently. This reminds me of Peach V in that way, one of the only other peach scents I love. This is a great GC alternative to that! The hints of cocoa get much less gourmand as it dries, and just give it some depth and smoothness. The honey keeps it sweet, but it's not too sweet. Really nice! (I never detect the neroli at all, and it's usually a horrid note on me). I don't get any of the ambergris, but this does have a tiny bit of muskiness to it that I really enjoy. Lovely!

Boozy peach. Almost like peach liquor. I'm not sure what is giving it the alcoholic vibe, but perhaps the honey? It does that sometimes on me. There is a undercurrent of cocoa that is really nice. It smells like a chocolate peach cocktail. There is a tiny bit of ambergris sparkling in the background - adding to that boozy feel. I get no patchouli or neroli but that is fine by me.

Really fun and interesting scent. You definitely won't smell like anyone else when you wear it! I like it enough to hold on to the decant for another test in a little while, but ultimately it is probably not a keeper for me.

Edited by joopjoop

2017 version

Wet, this is all honey and peach and cocoa and yum. And yet having said that, it's not gourmand on me -- the yum is simply an expression of contented delight. The neroli helps keep it from going too sweet. I didn't smell a lot of overt patchouli or ambergris, so if either of those notes scares you, you're probably safe here; I think they just contribute warmth and grounding. Totally lovely but no throw and low wear length on my admittedly parched skin.

i smell mostly peach, honey and neroli at first. i'm not a huge lover of peach scents, but i thought i might like it in this combination. this peach is a bit syrupy for my tastes, i was hoping for a lighter, crisper peach. after a few minutes i think i get some patchouli, and maybe a tiny hint of cocoa. this is primarily peach and honey on me, and it's just too fruity for my tastes.

Eisheth Zenunim is not at all what I expected, based on the notes. Neroli & patchouli usually take off like rockets on my skin. Not so in this blend.

Wet: Chocolate & peach.

Dry-down: Delicate peach, light honey, a hint of ambergris, & the most subtle, dry patchouli in all the world.

Low throw, lasts around 4 hours. Nice.

I'm a hunt for tasty peaches :lol: lately. I also like patchouli. Honey is hit or miss but I want it so bad to hit. So I was really excited to try this. Got my bottle from another bpalista.

In Bottle: Super tart & bitter. Worriesome and not the direction I hope.

Initial Skin: :wub:

Drydown: Uuuuuuuuuhmuhgawd this is amazing. The peach is juicy and prominent. It's being plumped up by the honey. The combo comes across as EXTRA ripe peaches, and as the Honey amps on my skin (as it does) it just feels like the peach is ripening. It smells like ... fresh peach-orange honey from a beekeepers farm. I can almost taste it.

Later Drydown: The Peach/Honey starts to mellow a bit and patchouli remains. Once the peach has ripened so much it falls off the tree and falls to the ground, nature takes it's course and reverts to a sweet earthiness.

It reminds me of a very specific memory from when I was little. Like 10 or so? My father brought me and my sisters to a big farm - flowers, bees, candles. Their big thing was they had their own hives. We got those little samples of honey with specific flavors based on the flowers the honey bees pollinated. This is like eating a peach-orange blossom vial while walking among the spring plants. Bright, sweet, earthy, happy, innocent.

This is joy in a bottle for me. Keeper keeper keeper.

Verdict; Peach-Orange Honey vial. Sweet, Ripe, rich.

Les Bijoux seems like a gracious, refined scent, so Eisheth is like her unruly tomboy younger sister, always out in the fresh air by the sea.

Yes. So much yes <3

Edited by Aveya

Wet: The briney bite of ambergris over a flurry of softer, sweeter notes.

Drydown: An almost metallic, yet soft and smooth ambergris, kissed by cocoa, peach fuzz, and a melange of tropical notes. It's sort of shimmery and unlike anything I've ever smelled before. The tropical vibe gains strength as it continues to dry. There's something incredibly sultry about this one.

Dry: The notes have all blurred together, creating this sensual, dark tropical cologne that is absolutely stunning. It smells like firelight on the beach and lusty thoughts.

8 out of 10 bones