Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deidre

Oh, the strawberries, the strawberries!

I'm trying to plan my next imp order, and I'd love to walk around smelling like fresh, juicy, non-synthetic strawberries. Could you help me in my quest for sweet red goodness? Oh, and don't hesitate to list LEs too, just in case I stumble across them around the corner of a swaps post...

Many thanks in advance!

I'm trying to plan my next imp order, and I'd love to walk around smelling like fresh, juicy, non-synthetic strawberries. Could you help me in my quest for sweet red goodness? Oh, and don't hesitate to list LEs too, just in case I stumble across them around the corner of a swaps post...

Many thanks in advance!

Hm... Strawberry Moon immediately jumps to mind.

Also: Beaver Moon 2007 (strawberry in that varies), Bon Vivant, Maenad and Hollywood Babylon. I also think one of the Treats lists strawberry as a component.

Of the blends listed above, Strawberry Moon and the Treats would be harder to get a hold of. Not out of the question, just slightly more difficult.

I love strawberries, but I haven't found my strawberry scent yet.

[edited because I committed a boo-boo. Fixed]

Edited by zankoku_zen

Yes, Strawberry Moon had caught my eye - but to me, it seems almost impossible to find!

I have ordered an imp of Bon Vivant - does the strawberry come out well underneath the champagne?

Yes, Strawberry Moon had caught my eye - but to me, it seems almost impossible to find!

I have ordered an imp of Bon Vivant - does the strawberry come out well underneath the champagne?

You might have better luck with it than I. For me, the strawberry came out --- perhaps a little too strongly for my liking. And it was very sweet.

Perhaps your skin chemistry will be more gracious?

I got no strawberries out of Bon Vivant. It was this strange, high-pitched floral on me. I was tremendously disappointed in this as I've been looking for something exactly like that.

I'll agree that Maenad has some really juicy strawberries in there, as long as you don't mind incense. The orange blossom almost ruins it for me, but doesn't last long for a change.

Hollywood Babylon and Bon Vivant were BOTH sticky-sweet strawberry on me. If that's what you're looking for, give them a try. I wasn't a fan.

For a pure strawberry scent I'd personally recommend Titania. I've only tried it for an imp though, so might be different once applied from a full 5ml.

titania isnt strawberry at all. It's sweet but definitely not strawberry.

I didnt get strawberry from hollywood babylon. bon vivant...a little.

I think I got more strawberry from aunt caroline's joy mojo on the dry down. I love it. It's a great scent.

Jester doesn't have any strawberry (JESTER: Huckleberry and red currant with the incisive bite of neroli) but it smells very strawberry-like to me and dries down to a cotton candy on me.

I just had to jump in here with a word of caution. More than one person (me included!) have had the heartbreaking experience of having bottles of Strawberry Moon age VERY badly -- i.e., turning to acetone/nail polish remover. In my case, at least, this was a bottle that was stored carefully in a cool dark place, too. I mention this so you don't leap into spending big bucks on a bottle that may have gone bad -- if you find one at all, of course. Ask for a sniffie on a Q-tip or something first. Good luck! :P

I think I'm the only insane person that gets this but Aunt Carolines Joy mojo turns to Starwberry shortcake on me, but again I am slighlty nutty :P

I just had to jump in here with a word of caution. More than one person (me included!) have had the heartbreaking experience of having bottles of Strawberry Moon age VERY badly -- i.e., turning to acetone/nail polish remover. In my case, at least, this was a bottle that was stored carefully in a cool dark place, too. I mention this so you don't leap into spending big bucks on a bottle that may have gone bad -- if you find one at all, of course. Ask for a sniffie on a Q-tip or something first. Good luck! :P

My bottle of Strawberry Moon has been stored in a very cool, dark box ever since I purchased it and it still has that acetone/nail polish smell. When I apply it to my skin that smell goes away though, for me it's just right out of the bottle. *shrug*

I also agree with those that suggested Maenad, and Mania's a good strawberry blend too.

Strawberry Moon is perfect---even my skin which hates lotus and most tea blends turned it into lovely juicy strawberry goodness. I sold my two bottles a while ago out of necessity and I miss it a little, but it's like pulling teeth to find some now! Good luck!

My skin eats strawberry but I'd say Bon Vivant would be a great one for you. On my sister it smells like fresh strawberries and a hint of fizz, like sparkly strawberry soda.

This thread needs an update. :)

White Chocolate and Strawberry from this year's Lupercalia LEs. I love the strawberry note in this.

Strawberry Moon 09 -- I would love a comparison to the old one. But very fresh and ripe, just-picked strawberries in this new moon. Yum!

Velvet Unicorn has strawberries; Velvet Pink Kitty has strawberry cream. These both seem very sweet and candy-like to me, esp. the Kitty.

Bat of Virtue also has strawberries, but all the fruits there blend very well together.

Just found today that layering White Chocolate and Strawberry with Strawberry Moon 09 is a wonderful thing--the SM 09 really amps the strawberry note in WC & S for me. :)

White Chocolate and Strawberry from this year's Lupercalia LEs.

Velvet Pink Kitty has strawberry cream.

Yes, and Yes. White Chocolate and Strawberry is, IMO, the best strawberry BPAL. Ever. Better even than the Strawberry single note.

Velvet Pink Kitty is candy-strawberry, and lots of gin.

Strawberry Moon 09 is amazing. I usually don't do strawberry well. It smells fake on me. But this year's Strawberry Moon is delicious and authentic. It makes your mouth drool!

White Chocolate and Strawberry went plastic on me. :( It smells like wonderful creamy strawberry goodness on other people, but on my skin... straight to plastic.

I love the new Strawberry Moon. :yum: Fresh berries and sweet vanilla sugar and juuust a hint of green. Unfortunately it doesn't last long on my skin.

And Velvet Pink Kitty... smelled like fruity ginger ale on me. :blink: Dunno what was up with that.

I get strawberries in Maenad, but like someone mentioned above, it is also very inscensey. I happen to like that though, but some might not.

Just found today that layering White Chocolate and Strawberry with Strawberry Moon 09 is a wonderful thing--the SM 09 really amps the strawberry note in WC & S for me. :)

I'll have to try and blend those. WC & Strawberry is nice, but not VERY berry-ish on me, I'd like to try and blend those two together and see what happens.

Strawberry moon '09 starts kind of candy-ish on me, but it dries down the the most lovely strawberry and it lasts *forever* on me!

White Chocolate and Strawberry went plastic on me. :( It smells like wonderful creamy strawberry goodness on other people, but on my skin... straight to plastic.

I love the new Strawberry Moon. :yum: Fresh berries and sweet vanilla sugar and juuust a hint of green. Unfortunately it doesn't last long on my skin.

We must have similar skin chemistry. I can wear the WC/Strawberry a little longer, but it does go plastic on my, while the new strawberry moon has been stunning on me.

For the record, I had no luck with sticky pillow case, which was too sweet on me.

I like the lab's strawberry when it's paired with sugar, and not in the starring role. For example, I can smell it in Velvet Unicorn and Sugar Moon, but it's not the main event. I love those blends.

And Velvet Pink Kitty... smelled like fruity ginger ale on me. :blink: Dunno what was up with that.

white choc + strawberry when to plastic on me too!

the old strawberry moon its yummy on me very juicy! when i first applied VPK i couldnt smell strawberry at all but once dry its like strawberrys witha dusting of iceing sugar yummy!

Bon Vivant and hollywood babylon (i think it has listed strawberry somone suggested i try it since i like strawberry) went sour one my i was so sad :(