Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Villainess and BPAL

Mint in the lick its is a little too strong. Anything that you can recommend that will compliment either the vanilla or the mint solely?

Perhaps Nuclear Winter? It's LE, but not difficult to find. It's a nice refreshing mint scent. Not as strong or sweet as the Lick Its. Juke Joint has a light mint note. Some say it's boozy, but I don't find it to be boozy boozy. Just boozy in the sense that it kind of reminds me of a mint julep, but it doesn't make me smell like I had a cocktail or anything. Sorry, that was bumbling... :blush:

Embargo and Dionysia (patchouli goodness)

Xia and Daiyu

Edited by catattack

Still nothing that smells like Neisthai?

I think that Glasgow is quite similar, with the blackberry and the greenery of the heather. although it doesn't have the florals of Neisthai.

Still nothing that smells like Neisthai?

I think that Glasgow is quite similar, with the blackberry and the greenery of the heather. although it doesn't have the florals of Neisthai.

Thanks,

I'll try that together... I have Glasgow, even if it was kinda soft compared to the strong tea note in Neisthai..

Sol Bacio and Dorian might work (for the lemon), or Night Gaunt (grapefruit, yuzu), or Aizen-Myoo (don't remember exactly what citrus it has, but there is some).

Since it's fall, I've been reaching for Jai Mahal a lot more often...the BPAL that I find goes best with it is Saw-Scaled Viper. Love! Also, although it's not BPAL, Arcana's Solstice Sugar is really good with Jai Mahal. :yum:

Dulces En Fuego Smooch in the shower + Count Dracula afterwards = YUM. I think I'm going to try layering the Dulces oil with the Count tomorrow.

So, I just got my hands on some Pipevine Swallowtail Smooch, and I am absolutely in love with the scent. I usually think of citrus as being something I like in the shower only, but it smells so amazing on me that I think I'd like to wear it all day. Sadly, it's not available as a perfume from what I can tell. *sob*

The notes are: Aromatic basil and bitter tomato leaf in an ephemeral haze of neroli and tangerine.

I get mostly neroli (floral citrus) with a bite of something sharp and green. You'd think the basil would make it smell foody, but it doesn't at all. Can you think of a BPAL that would be a good dupe? Thanks so much!

Hey all! I'm looking for scents that might match (or blend well with) the "Supervillainess" soap by Villainess! The soap scent is:

"Dry woods, worn-in leather, bittersweet cacao and arabica, succulent blackberry and lime, and a salty thread of cilantro."

Any ideas? :D

But they have Supervillainess Extrait. That is the scent to go with the soap, isn't it?

But they have Supervillainess Extrait. That is the scent to go with the soap, isn't it?

Yesss, that's true. However, I'm not as fond of their extraits as I am the soaps. (One too many of them made me sneeze/sniffle all day.) And BPAL is my main fragrance provider, so I was hoping for ideas on these scents!

Thanks for pointing it out though! ;)

Villainess has a very different feel for me when compared to bpal. I own the Supervillainess fragrance and it's really unusual (smells good to me in the bottle, but the cilantro turns into an evil mess on my skin, lol). The closest I can think of for bpal scents with a slightly similar feel are:

*Tezcatlipoca (Excolo) - "Deep cocoa laced with patchouli, leather armor, ritual incense, and a touch of Xochiquetzal's flowers."

And as a really long shot, Tombstone has a similar warm foodiness + old woods and herbal spice:

*Tombstone (Wanderlust) - "A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar."

You know, I keep intending to get an imp of Tombstone. But it always gets preempted by a new LE or something else that catches my eye. XD

And yeah, Villainess has a different feel from BPAL, but they are my favorite soap brand ever! So I try to at least wear a BPAL that's not going to fight with whatever soap I used. :P

This might seem a little odd, but I think you might have decent luck with either Sassafrass Strengthener, Slippery Poppy Tincture or Nostrum Remedium with Supervillainess.

They're complimentary rather than similar (no leather, no woods, no rich coffee or cocoa), but I think their herbal qualities might play well. They seems to echo bits of the top notes of the soap that tend to fade quickly after bathing.

I'm a recent Villainess fan. Only I love the Extraits more than the soaps. I guess I've been using body wash too long. :blush:

Anyway, reading through this thread has been extremely informational - for example now I know why I fell so completely in love with Trauma at first sniff - I'm a big fan of Imp.

Also, if Neisthai smells ANYTHING at all like Glasgow, it'll be on my next Villainess order! Glasgow is one of my all time BPAL faves. :wub2:

If this is a not allowed question or just plain stupid, let me know, but is Jai Mahal anything at all like Snake Oil?

I'm a recent Villainess fan. Only I love the Extraits more than the soaps. I guess I've been using body wash too long. :blush:

Anyway, reading through this thread has been extremely informational - for example now I know why I fell so completely in love with Trauma at first sniff - I'm a big fan of Imp.

Also, if Neisthai smells ANYTHING at all like Glasgow, it'll be on my next Villainess order! Glasgow is one of my all time BPAL faves. :wub2:

If this is a not allowed question or just plain stupid, let me know, but is Jai Mahal anything at all like Snake Oil?

I haven't smelled Neisthai, but IMO, Jai Mahal does not smell anything like Snake Oil. I find it to smell like sweet, a little boozy, cardamom wood. I love the way that Brooke does wood, resins and smoke and I have most of her extraits with those notes.

I haven't smelled Neisthai, but IMO, Jai Mahal does not smell anything like Snake Oil. I find it to smell like sweet, a little boozy, cardamom wood. I love the way that Brooke does wood, resins and smoke and I have most of her extraits with those notes.

Thanks for the reply! I have a sample of Jai Mahal on the way. Looking forward to Brooke's take on the concept. I have yet to actually try Snake Oil (and I've been here since October, don't shoot me! :ack: ), so I was just curious if I was going to get a taste of it via Jai Mahal. Guess not, but that's ok - Snake Oil is already set as part of my next BPAL order.

Antihero + Sara Pezzini (from the Witchblade collection) = AMAZE.

Sara = "A hint of leather and an understated vintage musk layered over the scent of lightly perspiring, honey-dusted skin."

Antihero = "Well-worn sweaty leather, the acrid smoke of cigarettes, and a soft side of honey and vanilla."

Any questions? ;)

I got one! Pieman is very compatible to Two Barred Flasher, they both have juicy gorgeous blueberry.

I love Villianess soaps, and the scrubby things. Love the lather on the soaps, I cant' use any other soap now.

i really liked pearl diver lotion + whip. or pearl diver + imp...or pearl diver + high-strung daisies :lol:

Pieman is sick. I love the smell and the actual soap is so pretty, dark blue with some pink.

ModderRu, I haven't tried the Pearl Diver yet, but imp is one of my BPAL favorites.

I just ordered a whipped, can't for the life of me remember which one...