Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

I'm sure everyone has already seen them but I finally updated my flickr with everything since the Halloweenies. And then I updated the bpal fiends pool on flickr... so unfortunately those are out of order because I started with the yules/inquisitions and then went backwards through my photos adding things that I had forgotten (which appeared to be a lot!)

The District

Yule 2009

Inquisition

Krampusumzuge, Atmospheric Linen and Room Spray

I also added a ton of GC's and some Arcana, those are in "General Catalog" and "Other Perfumes" or you can just browse my photostream. (warning, photostream includes photos of yarn and dogs. and various other things depending on the time of year.)

Edited by TwilightEyes

TwilightEyes, thanks for always putting these up! :)

A bit off topic, but I was browsing some fantasy art wallpapers my roommate sent me, and this one SO LOOKS LIKE IT SHOULD BE A BPAL BOTTLE LABEL:

http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?p=676386.jpg&i=74589

Don't you think? Maybe a creamy dark vanilla, chocolate, blood, metal & tobacco scent.

Edited by fairnymph

Aw, thanks guys!! :blush: I haven't been as quick to take photos lately because it really hurts my back (car accident in July effects are still lingering) so a lot of the photos are crooked or not quite in focus because I'm just trying to hurry and get through them so my back won't hurt anymore. bleah.

I added the Anniversary/Resurrecteds, a couple more GC's, Whirling Wind Moon, and Blue Moon 2009: Beth's Creation.

i love that you put the scent descriptions under the photos too. it's helps me to further fantasize about what the scents are like after i see the artwork. thanks for posting!! :wub2:

i like the new ones, i think they fit with the bottle colour much better. =)

I understand what you mean about the color. The old label in white fit the old cobalt bottles. I wish they'd bring those blue bottles back. I like them a lot more than the amber, though I know amber keeps out light better.

But, I don't like the squarish new labels. I don't like the way they are designed or the font for the names of the scents. The names of the scents seemed forced into the square in the new labels. I liked the more sensual almost torso shaped form of the old labels. It looks like a rib cage to me.

Maybe it is because I've bought BPAL from way back...even when the imps had black and white tie on tags and some of the LE came in little tiny chemistry like bottles. I miss those too! :) The black and white handwritten tags gave the Lab a very alchemist type look.

Does anyone happen to have pictures of the labels for the Wolf Moons (apparently '04 and '07)?

Wolf Moon '07

....I also have '04, and I'm trying to remember what it looks like.... :blush: .....I'm pretty sure it's the same as the older-style GC labels. Mine is in a cobalt blue bottle.

i like the new ones, i think they fit with the bottle colour much better. =)

I understand what you mean about the color. The old label in white fit the old cobalt bottles. I wish they'd bring those blue bottles back. I like them a lot more than the amber, though I know amber keeps out light better.

But, I don't like the squarish new labels. I don't like the way they are designed or the font for the names of the scents. The names of the scents seemed forced into the square in the new labels. I liked the more sensual almost torso shaped form of the old labels. It looks like a rib cage to me.

Maybe it is because I've bought BPAL from way back...even when the imps had black and white tie on tags and some of the LE came in little tiny chemistry like bottles. I miss those too! :) The black and white handwritten tags gave the Lab a very alchemist type look.

Does anyone happen to have pictures of the labels for the Wolf Moons (apparently '04 and '07)?

Wolf Moon '07

....I also have '04, and I'm trying to remember what it looks like.... :blush: .....I'm pretty sure it's the same as the older-style GC labels. Mine is in a cobalt blue bottle.

Thanks! (And omg, I need to hunt down an empty of that one, somehow.)

Hey, does anyone have a picture of Beth's Blue Moon? I'm curious, 'cause I got Brian's the other day and noticed that there's nothing on it indicating Brian's, not Beth's. I'm guessing that maybe the label art is slightly different -- otherwise, how will we tell them apart?

does anyone know when the label for Black Phoenix (the GC) stopped being unique? i ordered one a couple of months ago and received it in december, but it's just got a standard GC label. =(

i was expecting this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_twilight...57606847083605/

That's so disappointing! I've been putting off getting a bottle of Black Phoenix and I, too am (was?) expecting the different label. :(

does anyone know when the label for Black Phoenix (the GC) stopped being unique? i ordered one a couple of months ago and received it in december, but it's just got a standard GC label. =(

i was expecting this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_twilight...57606847083605/

That's so disappointing! I've been putting off getting a bottle of Black Phoenix and I, too am (was?) expecting the different label. :(

I'm interested to know the answer to this one too.. my bottle has the orange label with black phoenix, if I remember correctly it was purchased early 2008.

Hey, does anyone have a picture of Beth's Blue Moon? I'm curious, 'cause I got Brian's the other day and noticed that there's nothing on it indicating Brian's, not Beth's. I'm guessing that maybe the label art is slightly different -- otherwise, how will we tell them apart?

Beth's:

4236152189_a02706e201_m.jpg

Brian's:

4278374920_c47f4f79b3_m.jpg

Edited by TwilightEyes

Ah-ha, it IS different! I suspected as much! Brian's has the pig on the other side and the imp from the shirt on the right. Thanks for the pic! :)

And Werepuppy too.

4277627713_20f568731c.jpg

I hate that I have to start watermarking stuff but I'm sick of people stealing my photos to use on their ebay auctions or whatnot. I'm going to have to play with the watermark size but it probably means more background and less label. :rantrave:

I would guess when the rest of the GC labels changed?

Are the Ars Draconis labels the same as regular GC labels now too? Anyone know?

Edited by TwilightEyes

Are the Ars Draconis labels the same as regular GC labels now too? Anyone know?

I got a bottle of Tanin'iver when it was DC'd in July-ish (so about six months ago), and it had the dragon label, so if they *were* changed to the GC labels, I'm thinking it happened after that.

I hate that I have to start watermarking stuff but I'm sick of people stealing my photos to use on their ebay auctions or whatnot. I'm going to have to play with the watermark size but it probably means more background and less label. :rantrave:

Do you use Photoshop? If so, you can add a watermark and make the opacity light so that it's transparent... PM me for details if you want. :)

I know how to do transparent/digital watermarks but neither of those are going to stop people from downloading the photo to add to their ebay auction; I would still have to jump through the same hoops as now to get it removed and by the time eBay gets around to it, the auction is over. :lol: The point of making it visible across the photo is a deterrent for that kind of theft. It's hard to go, "this is my photo of XXXXX" when it has *my* username across it. I guess they could always crop my name off (but in order to do that, they'll lose the neck and lid of the bottle too) but if they wanted to spend that much time on a photo why not just take their own? If they just ASKED ME if they could use it, I would give them permission as long as they credited me in the auction and admitted that it was not an actual photo of their perfume.

I use Gimp for photo editing.

Edited by TwilightEyes

Actually I like your name on the :pics:

beachbabealways: yay! I'm glad it doesn't detract too much.

Black Heart and Black Death:

4295442653_1110b52e07_m.jpg

4296188134_1fd01bebb0_m.jpg

Edited by TwilightEyes