Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

I know everyone is in a hubbub about lupers- but...I was searching the old posts and I'm tring to find out which pumpkin from 2005 is which.

I found photos of I and V courtesty the poster above me, but I dont know how to sort out 2-4 and it looks like the link to the bpal posted key is long gone.

Can anybody help me figure this one out?

Here's the key:

2005_PumpkinPatch_Key.jpg

One through five in order.

ETA: This is the key for both 2005 & 2006.

Edited by salixnoir

Quick question!! Does anyone know/have an example of what the 10ml GC bottles/labels look like? I just received one from a purchase and I am not sure if it is quite right.... Also, the oil in the 10 ml bottle looks clear while the oil in my newer 5ml bottle is quite dark. Both bottles are the amber type, so it is easy to compare. I always thought that all the 10ml bottles were cobalt.

Thanks!

Quick question!! Does anyone know/have an example of what the 10ml GC bottles/labels look like? I just received one from a purchase and I am not sure if it is quite right.... Also, the oil in the 10 ml bottle looks clear while the oil in my newer 5ml bottle is quite dark. Both bottles are the amber type, so it is easy to compare. I always thought that all the 10ml bottles were cobalt.

Thanks!

All of my 10ml's are in Cobalt bottles. They should have the same GC label as the original version. There is a pic here somewhere ... I'll find it for you.

Here you go.

The 10ml's came down in Aug 06 so your bottle would be aged 3+ years

It's odd about the color but there could have been a component change. Like along time ago Oblivion was green in color (which I loved) and now it's clear yellow or something like that.

What did you buy?

Edited by beachbabealways

Correct in the mix of amber 10ml bottles in the mix! All the 10mls I ordered before they were discontinued (I love that the Lab gives us notice on this stuff in advance so I could order all my last minute 10ml "must haves") in August came to me in amber bottles. I have a fair mix of both amber and cobalt 10mls.

Edited by The_Witching_Hour

Thanks for the quick responses all! Here are pictures of the bottles:

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

The scent is Jack, one of my favorites. When I opened the 10ml, it didn't smell anything like the Jack that I am used to, so I compared the color... The pictures aren't lighted too well, but it is really easy to see the difference between the oil colors in the bottles. I wonder if one was part of a batch gone awry... Or maybe there was a component change? I don't know...

-EDIT- I am still very happy with the bottle, but I am almost tempted to decant everything out of the 10ml and start filling it up with the darker oil that I know and love dearly... Decisions decisions...

Edited by Catseyes

There seems to be more than one SMUT 2010 label, I didn't get the one shown here but rather one with two women, one fondling the other's boobz lol. Has anyone else gotten differing labels? Are there only two or are there more? I quite like both of them :D

I would take a photo but my camera sucks at taking close-ups of small items, so the details would be difficult to make out.

I'm eagerly anticipating seeing what The Traveller bottle looks like.

I so badly want it but am trying to resist, on account of just having bought a house and needing, oh I dunno, furniture more than I need more BPAL. But, oh, the temptation!! Please, someone post a photo and enable me! :lol:

the traveller is a fairly understated label. it's soft sage green with a very light grey celtic knot and the words "the traveller" in green across the middle.

(unless there are multiple versions of the label. i have two more bottles on order so i guess i'll see...)

the traveller is a fairly understated label. it's soft sage green with a very light grey celtic knot and the words "the traveller" in green across the middle.

(unless there are multiple versions of the label. i have two more bottles on order so i guess i'll see...)

I have two bottles each of The Harp, The Traveller, and Little Bird. They're all the soft-green-with-knot-and-name-in-bright-green scheme (which almost caused some decanting horrors!). I have no photo-taking abilities, though, so I am unable to post any pictures.

Does anyone have a photo of a Chaos Theory V Snake Oil series bottle? I have one, but there's no number on it and I can't figure out where the number is supposed to be if there is one. I'm hoping seeing a photo might help me figure out if I just got an oddly un-numbered one. Thanks!

Does anyone have a photo of a Chaos Theory V Snake Oil series bottle? I have one, but there's no number on it and I can't figure out where the number is supposed to be if there is one. I'm hoping seeing a photo might help me figure out if I just got an oddly un-numbered one. Thanks!

I have a bunch of chaos theory v in my flickr bpal gallery (under "other le's") and starting here.

Oh my goodness.

That label art for Giant Squid.

LAWL, I tell you. EL OH EL.

!

I...am kind of curious about the scent, but I may just have to try and get my hands on an empty bottle, just for that label.

I so wish that I could get a bottle of that Sakura spray. It has such a gorgeous label...

agreed. and i don't even like room sprays that much!

Well, Puddin' was talking about selling any leftovers of the Sakura spray at C2E2 potentially...

Nevermind, turns out they sold out Saturday night.

Edited by Venneh

Well, Puddin' was talking about selling any leftovers of the Sakura spray at C2E2 potentially...

I think in the Con thread thnough someone said he ran out last night.

Thanks Miss Twilight for the labels

I don't have a picture, but I just pulled out my bottle, and the numbers were written in the dark space between "RECURSIVE SELF-SIMILARITY" and "THE SNAKE OIL SERIES." There was probably a number on there -- in the past tense. The pen used to number the labels rubbed off extremely easily, so unless you wrote the number on a sticker for the top of the bottle as soon as you received it directly from the Lab, chances are high the number would rub off, even with minimal handling. My guess is that you just got a bottle that had the number rubbed off through normal handling, not an unnumbered bottle (as a side note, my barely-handled bottles have lost their numbers, too, although I did write them on cap labels).

I don't have a picture, but I just pulled out my bottle, and the numbers were written in the dark space between "RECURSIVE SELF-SIMILARITY" and "THE SNAKE OIL SERIES." There was probably a number on there -- in the past tense. The pen used to number the labels rubbed off extremely easily, so unless you wrote the number on a sticker for the top of the bottle as soon as you received it directly from the Lab, chances are high the number would rub off, even with minimal handling. My guess is that you just got a bottle that had the number rubbed off through normal handling, not an unnumbered bottle (as a side note, my barely-handled bottles have lost their numbers, too, although I did write them on cap labels).

After seeing photos of the labels, I can definitely see where the number should be. I can't tell if there was ever a number written there or not. I received the bottle second-hand, and have no idea if that owner got it from the Lab or from someone else. Anyway, I was just curious. It's actually an amazing scent (Snake Oil, roses, and leather... mmmm!), and I'll be keeping it and giving it my own name -- Snake Whip or something like that. :whip:

Edited by Edens Sixth Day