Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarahmarie

Fairy Market

Otherworldy golden incense, blooming wind-flowers, everlasting lavender, bluebell, a faint whiff of exotic sugared candies, and fae mist upon wet green grass.

Fairy Market smelled foody to me; I was kind of surprised by the notes listed for it. It reminds me of the way the creme inside a doughnut tastes, but with a more flowery feel.

As it dries, it picks up an edge of something that's neither sweet nor floral... I guess it's the incense. It smelled really good at first, but most of BPAL's incense notes go sour on me, and this is no exception. Ends up smelling a little burnt, actually.

The first ten minutes were bliss, though. Edited by karen

I am in heaven! I remember smelling this at ECWC and falling in love with it. But for some reason I hadn't ordered it til now. Stupid me!

This is glowing and summary, sweet, and floral. I'm getting ambery incense underneath creamy florals coated in sugar. This is so good!

Fairy Market smells like Easter to me. It smells like grass and sweet amber-y incense that reminds me, for no apparent reason, of colored eggs. It may smell a little perfumey to some people, and it hovers on the edge of my floral related allergies without triggering them. (Many florals will give me a kick in the sinuses.)

This is my early spring scent, when I'm ready to start gardening and being outside.

Wow. I love this. I so did not expect to like a floral this much, but there it is.

The flowers are soft, and there is such sweetness. I cannot identify any incense as such, but it's probably there softening the edges of things and adding a nice middle and lower set of notes.

This reminds me of the one other floral I love, Pink Moon 05. They're not alike, but there's something so perfectly delicately sweet about both of them. I'm so glad a friend gave me a bottle of this yesterday!

Now, this is lovely!

In the imp-slight banana smell and other fruit, must be the beginning of the sugared candies

Wet-flowers come to the surface with the incense

Dry- sugar and sweet flowers, soft and delicate.

Once it settles in, I get a faint, sweet, soft smell of the wildflowers and bluebells. So light and ephemeral, beautiful scent following me around all day. I hope it's as lovely to those around me and I have to get a bottle of this! Probably need to pick up fairy wine while I'm at it. :P

This is the ultimate faerie scent I have found so far. The notes are all bright, precious and exotic. Rather than mingling they ring out randomly like tiny silver bells. The incense is so light that it must be a golden pollen...the lavender is peaceful and dreamy rather than sharp....the sugared candies remind me of my beloved Pink Moon 07...there is a misty airy smell that is nothing like ozone...lovely fresh green grass...and a myriad of other dew kissed flowers. Truly a treasure!

A very lovely scent. Sweet, sweet floral incense, with little sparkles of interest. Very fresh, and at the same time misty. It is a bit magical. I really love it.

Plus, this one got a compliment from a friend who usually doesn't give them, which prompted the gifting of a homemade body spritz to her, which she loves.

Wet in bottle - Definitely golden incense, floral, and "fae mist".

Wet on skin - Less incense, more floral and fae mist. Not much wet green grace, lavender or sugared candies.

Dry on skin - A sweet and flirty floral with a more complicated undercurrent. Some more of the lavender, exotic sugared candies and fae mist. A tiny bit of golden incense, but I don't get a heavy resinous scent from this. I like this one. :P

BEEEYOOOTIFUL!!

This is probably one of the prettiest (and I mean PRETTIEST) BPAL blends I've smelled. it's perfect for the name and concept.

It's light, pretty & sparkly...and blended so well.

It's got a tiny fizzy misty smell to it and a slight green tinge. It's also very sweet and only a tiny bit floral..I've never smelled bluebells..and know what lavender smells like so I'm guessing this is bluebell that's so gorgeous on my hand...There is defiantely NO incense here for me...

The Fairy Market doesn't have alot of throw but I think it's ok that it doesn't...fairies are delicate creatures and so is this scent!!

It's adorable!

Edited by ouch!

Interesting -- this is not my usual kind of scent, and I can't entirely decide if I like it or not. It's a very complex morpher of a scent, which smells different from one sniff to the next. Sometimes it's entirely too floral, sometimes ozone-tinged (ozone is high on my list of least favourite notes ever), sometimes softly sugary, sometimes ethereal incense. Plus there's the green grass note, which doesn't actually smell much like grass, but does smell like this Jovan Grass Oil perfume I had when I was in my early teens.

I like the incense and sugar notes quite a bit, and the floral and green notes are not bad when they sit back and behave themselves, but the florals frequently seem to be right on the edge of going into total overkill, while never quite actually going there.

It definitely does have a bit of a fae/otherworldly ambiance to it, and captures its subject well. It's a very light, decidedly springlike scent, and quite beautiful in its own way. It may be just my floral-amping skin that's shifting it in the direction of floral overkill.

Grade: B

I received this imp from gingiemay but I spilled it. :P I found it lying on the countertop and saw some droplets leftover, so I decided to try it.

In the vial I smell soft lavender and flowers, very light and airy. Upon application it turned into Antique Lace, which I is blend I hate. :D It's definitely Antique Lace on my skin, but with ten times less throw. As it dried it just turned into a sugary powdery. Absolutely no traces of lavender or florals on my skin. Don't really like this one.

In the vial: Sweet, cloying fruit

Wet: Pomegranate and strawberry with bamboo. Something not altogether pleasant is peeking through, and I'm not sure what it is. Mead? Not the delicious Mead Moon smell, but spilled, sour mead.

Drydown: Thankfully that ucky note has disappeared I'm left with something a little fruity, a little floral, a little sweet, and a little planty.

Going back and actually reading the notes, I get the incense and the wind-flowers. I think the lavender is what grossed me out. I get the green grass and definitely the sugared candies.

Overall: Not great, not terrible. It becomes more pleasant as it developes on my skin.

This smells very faint to me; I have to sniff hard. :P To me, the strongest notes are the grass and a golden, slightly bitter mead; and there is a faint sugary, floral background that burns off of my skin within moments of application. After an hour or so, I smell like I've slept in a square of sunlight in a well-kept barn, which sounds quite romantic but really just smells of sweet hay and the slightly musky, sour smell of sweat. So, so sad.

Um. Why in the name of all that is holy did I not try this until now?

:D

Oh golly... sugared bluebells & dewy grass, with something a bit deeper & golden lurking, like honey-sweetened tea. Fresh & sweet & clean & wild... it's Selkie, minus the aquatic note, or a kinder, gentler Daiyu, or an Anglo version of Fire Pig... simply put, just stunning. :P

Oh my! This is so beautiful :P I get a little of the delightful Lady Una with the sugar honey-nectar from this. Doesn't bash you over the head quite as much as Lady Una though :D A little creamy, some dry incense in the background and the fresh fae mist is lingering around the edges. Fantastic scent!!

Stunning. Lavender, sweetened with sugar and dewy wet grass. It is one of the first times I have smelt lavender and it didn't give off a herbal/medicinal vibe. While it is very floral, fae mist, green grass and golden incense keep it check. While I was afraid the incense would make this a strong blend, it comes across very light, wispy and almost etheral. Lke a fairy.

Fairy Market

:P :D :D

This oil evokes images of sugared flowers, like candied violets which decorate wedding cakes. Light and refreshing, not the least bit cloying. After three hours of wear, it's gone wispy on my wrists but it still present in my decolletage. Thank goodness this is a GC scent; I want to bathe in this stuff.

:D

Ethereal fruity goodness.. very light and airy candied fruits .. I never got the green grass note :P . This one was not much of a "morpher " on me but lovely all the same.

Short wear length .. was pretty much gone in 30 mins . Very very faint throw.

Im going to let it sit for a bit and see if it strengthens with a bit of age.

Oh uck. It's just sickly, cloyingly sweet both in the bottle and moreso on my skin. It sounded like a risk, but on my skin this is just like being doused in too-sweet flowers. :P

In the imp vial, it's sweet fruit with a hint of floral.

Wet on my skin, sugary florals and grass.

As it dries, I smell more of the incense but it's still a sweet, greeny floral.

First whiff: "Golden" is what jumps to mind. It's like honey without the sugaryness, if that makes any sense at all.

Settling in: A field of strawberries in the summer sun. Then, some dew-kissed grass. My, this is a morpher, isn't it?

*waits*

Grass and hay, like grass where part of it has died?

*waits more*

Sugar-coated grass and pale flowers?

*waits again*

Oh noes, it's fading away... what I can still smell is nice, though, a hint of sugar, a bit of dead grass. I'm gonna have to try this one again with a good slather. After all, I really want to love a Stardust blend, and I'm running out of options to try.

At its first application, this scent is very floral in nature--it was slightly green-scented in the bottle but it isn't on me, just pure florals.

Thankfully, as it dries down, some honey and vanilla and a green quality to the scent emerge… (though at this point I realized it might be giving me a headache)

After a while, I get a sense of candies and incense, where flowers are taking the supporting role instead of center stage. Oh-ho: maybe I do like this scent, after all!

After about three hours, this really smelled a lot like Sticky Pillowcase to me--like fruit candy and not much else. I'm not sure what I think of it. I think my chemistry might be devouring a lot of the nuance of this scent so that what I end up with is a single-note hard candy. I think I'll try it in a scent locket to see if it retains more of its delicious bazaar-like quality from its early stages.

I was raring to try this ever since reading Stardust, as the fairy market was my favorite part (in terms of mental imagery) in the whole book. I want to see a fairy market in real life so badly, but this comes as close as I can get. ;)

This is so pretty, I wish there was a better word for it. Until now I haven't found a whole lot of "green" scents that have worked for me (often turn to soap, unfortunately), but this one definitely broke the rule. I get a gentle breath of champaca (or something slightly reminiscent of Midnight on the Midway) in the bottle only (I rather wish it would stick around, it's great while it lasts); This might remind me more of Faeu Boulanger than Midnight on the Midway, but I can see the comparisons.

Smells like dew droplets and swirls of mist gathering on cool green grass, and a delicate, nearly-fruity background of sweetness and almost-florals... this is so hard to describe! This truly twinkles (I believe that would be the crystalline chiming flowers... I am in heaven!) and feels ethereal enough that I worry it's going to evaporate and disappear in the sunlight. Accordingly the scent fades fairly quickly, but what time I had was pure bliss (and it seems to have a nice throw for a while). Very refreshing. I am definitely going to slather this come spring and summer, and I'll probably reach for it at other times in the year anyway for a sniff. One of my favorites ever so far (Hee, I'm getting girlier!), and I'm ecstatic that it's available all the time, as I'm going to be needing a lot. :P