Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Juicy fig, cocoa that reads as dry, earthy cocoa butter rather than candy, and a beautiful blend of woods holding the whole thing together. As it dries, the fig steps back a bit without disappearing, and we're left with something like a wood-forward blend that's dry and juicy at the same time. Gorgeous, and a testament to the lab's power of conversion through well-chosen notes. I don't like fruity or foody, but this I like.

Intrigue reminds me of the effect of Velvet -- a cocoa/sandalwood blend that loses the chocolate quickly and becomes an idea of wood chocolate. That, but with fig. It's comforting and calm, mysterious and luxurious. Sorta sweet, but not too sweet. Throw is about the same as other blends, longevity is on the shorter side.  

Wood lovers that want to gently venture into fruit and cocoa, try this one.

In the imp: Woody and smoky, with a very subtle figgy sweetness. Leaving the imp uncorked, I get wafts of a fascinating sort of smoked cocoa butter.

Wet: At first, there's a blast of dry, woody notes. Then it settles into...the exact scent of a Lush store! That subtly fruity, herbal, sandalwood-y, cocoa butter-y smell is EXACTLY how it feels walking into a Lush. I can almost feel the texture of a bath bomb in my hand.

Dry: Less Lush, more definitively sandalwood. The cocoa butter is soft but still present, and I wouldn't be able to identify the vague background sweetness as fig without help, but it's still there as well.

Wet, I smell pencil shavings; dry, it's smoky pencil shavings. 😕 Aging hasn't done this imp any favors, regrettably.

In the imp, I get mostly fig, but toned down and made a little dusty by the dry cocoa and wood notes. This doesn't morph much as it wears -- the main impression is a subtly sweet fig paired with a dry, non-sweet cocoa. The woods are there, but they don't get overpowering. The comparisons to Velvet make sense to me, just a little drier and with fig in the mix. Unfortunately, this one fades really fast on me.

I'm going to be honest, I bought an imp of this for the name only. I didn't think I'd enjoy this scent as much as I do! I like how the smokiness isn't super overpowering and the cocoa and fig notes go together wonderfully. Sadly, the staying power isn't spectacular so for that reason I'll just keep my imp instead of upgrading to a bottle.

In the imp I get soft, creamy sandalwood. On my skin it's more like cocoa butter and sandalwood. A bit less creamy than it had been in the imp. The fig stays in the background for me, very difficult to pick it out. It's a quiet scent on me.

Complex, sultry, soft. I'm not getting foody even though the chocolate is definately there.

I find this one hard to describe, though the notes work beautifully together. It's got a dark, lush quality to it. 

I'm wondering if I got the same perfume as everyone else--something about how the wood mixes with the fig in this makes it smell like alcohol to me! Specifically, cognac or brandy, or perhaps umeshu. Some kind of fruit-based liquor, with a drizzle of bittersweet chocolate liqueur. It is deep and rich and absolutely delicious. This is one of few frimps that have made me vocally go "Wow!" as soon as I opened it.

Starts off very fruity, but swiftly settles down to something darker and more woody. For a while there's a fairly strong coconut smell, which to me makes it smell less shadowy and mysterious and more foody, but I think I'm just sensitive to coconut. It takes a while but the coconut blends in eventually and the scent as a whole becomes richer and really lives up to the description.