Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

I just tried a frimp of Lillith and the drydown smells exactly like Ro's Argan Body Conditioner! A discovery that made me unbelievably excited, so sorry if I'm off topic lol.

Does anyone know of a BPAL blend that might smell similar to Lush's 25:43 perfume? I tried 25:43 on my last trip to the mall and loved it, but I prefer to buy from the Lab.

The listed notes are: tonka, lime accord, lemongrass, vanilla, ylang ylang, and litsea. Gorgeous scent. :wub2:

Edited by Cthulhuesque

The drydown of Eos smelled like Christmas Eve bubble bar to me, and for a while Zephyr smelled a little bit like The Olive Branch (and just a Lush store in general! :lol: ).

Some that I notice:

2009 white choc strawberry smells JUST like strawberry feels massage bar!

Ultraviolet dry-down is a dead ringer for daddyo shampoo scent: I actually used daddyo in the shower then wore ultraviolet...they smell exactly the same to my nose!

Blade of grass (le) smells like grass sg

Edited by sharkdiver

I must know what BPAL perfume oil smells like Soft Coeur the heart shaped vanilla, chocolate, honey, tiny bit of orange massage bar. Sorry if it was already asked but this is a long thread and I need to know now! I recently picked it up at Lush and oh my I need this scent in a BPAL now. :wub2:

Edited by Vanilla323

No answered my last Lushie question but gonna try again what BPAL smells like Big? Hope someone can help me out. :D

No answered my last Lushie question but gonna try again what BPAL smells like Big? Hope someone can help me out. :D

I remember thinking F5 was almost a dead ringer, but that was a loooooong time ago, so it may not be true anymore. Definitely worth hunting down a bit to try, though?

I must know what BPAL perfume oil smells like Soft Coeur the heart shaped vanilla, chocolate, honey, tiny but of orange massage bar. Sorry if it was already asked but this is a long thread and I need to know now! I recently picked it up at Lush and oh my I need this scent in a BPAL now. :wub2:

It probably won't smell exactly the same, but Hunger from Ars Amatoria might be a good complement. It has vanilla and orange blossom, and a few of the reviewers got a chocolatey vibe as well.

See here.

I must know what BPAL perfume oil smells like Soft Coeur the heart shaped vanilla, chocolate, honey, tiny but of orange massage bar. Sorry if it was already asked but this is a long thread and I need to know now! I recently picked it up at Lush and oh my I need this scent in a BPAL now. :wub2:

It probably won't smell exactly the same, but Hunger from Ars Amatoria might be a good complement. It has vanilla and orange blossom, and a few of the reviewers got a chocolatey vibe as well.

ETA: And The Great Sword of War has mandarin, tonka, and cocoa, although the overall scent profile looks like it'd be rather less sweet than you're looking for.

I will give my first born child to the person who can provide me with a BPAL equivalent of Lush's Jungle conditioner. I keep a sample of the conditioner in my undie drawers but the product is just so damn hard to use! No clue what the notes are, sort of woodsy and tropical but can't really compare it to anything else.

País de la Canela reminded me of a green bubble bar waaaaay back which in turn seemed to smell similar/alike to Jungle. The oil has been discontinued, though. And I am not interested in your first born. :lol:

This may be a little odd, but I was wondering if there is a BPAL scent that smells like Lush's Caca Rouge henna. It is one of the most wonderful scents I've ever encountered (unlike Caca Noir, which I regularly use and which smells exactly like raw sewage >.< ) and I would love it if i could find anything similar in perfume form. I'm still new to the whole perfume thing so I'm not very good at recognizing notes, but to me it smells mostly like cloves, lemons and cocoa butter with some hay-like scent from the henna.

I will give my first born child to the person who can provide me with a BPAL equivalent of Lush's Jungle conditioner. I keep a sample of the conditioner in my undie drawers but the product is just so damn hard to use! No clue what the notes are, sort of woodsy and tropical but can't really compare it to anything else.

I love Jungle too, it has a lot of patchouli in it. The Lab uses a significantly different patchouli note though. I haven't found anything close to Jungle yet be it GC or LE. :(

On a different note Ceanothus Silkmoth resembles Flying Fox.

I must know what BPAL perfume oil smells like Soft Coeur the heart shaped vanilla, chocolate, honey, tiny bit of orange massage bar. Sorry if it was already asked but this is a long thread and I need to know now! I recently picked it up at Lush and oh my I need this scent in a BPAL now. :wub2:

Try Osun. It has that same toffee-ish honeyed vibe. While not a dead ringer for Soft Coeur, it's pretty much in the same family.

Soft Coeur smells to me like shisha smoke, the sweet apple tobacco kind of thing that's smoked in a hookah. A bit like burning pink marshmallows. If you can find a scent that smells like charred marshmallows. or layer marshmallows with a charred tobacco note, you might get soft coeur. Perhaps layering Osun with a smokey tobacco scent?

Can't hurt. :)

after i wash off the cupcake face mask my face smells extremely close to mb: underpants. i actually thought i had spilled some near me or left my bottle open or something, that's how close it is.

Does anyone know of a BPAL similar to the new North Pole soap? I am in love with the peppermint/cedar combo :wub2:

Edited by Salsa Shark

Dear John is a near dead ringer for Skinny Dip. Seriously, if you're lamenting the loss of Skinny Dip (like me) try Dear John!

For information, the limited edition 'Twilight' shower gel is basically liquid TKO.

Holy shit! Eeeeee! I have the perfume and love it. How would you compare the shower gel to the perfume?

Is there anything that either smells like or is in the same vein as Witches Ball?

Peppermint, rosemary, sage, myrrh, frankincense, benzoin, clove. Not sure how much or little the star anise and parsley play into the scent!

Thank you for any help.

Edited by Riletto