Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

We have some trouble managing our flamingos, too. Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

In the bottle: Sweet citrus - sort of marmalade-like, fresh greenness, almost minty, in the background.

Wet: More floral, spicier, muskier. I like the patchouli in this, and I'm very particular about patchouli. It's a nice, soft woodsy patchouli - not incense-y. It's also much less sweet, though still quite fruity. This is actually very well balanced. No one note dominates; many complementary ones mingle instead.

Dry/Summary: Woodsy-musky-floral with a nice fruity citrus that's slightly but not too sweet. Holds nicely! I love this! Got me a bottle, too. :P Edited by Shollin

In the imp and on me wet (roughly identical): this is mainly yummy citrus with just a little wood and just a little grass. Smells like spring in a bottle, and exactly like what I'd thought Croquet would smell like.

On me, dry: the woodsy notes really step up in this as it dries, so I end up feeling more like I'm down on the ground with the hedgehog than up on the playing field with the players and the flamingos. The woodsy notes don't take over entirely, though, and there's no smell of pencil shavings, so I'm a-okay with the change.

Throw and duration: both about average.

Overall: This is a like, not a love. If it'd stayed citrusy, it'd probably be a love, as that initial scent is really just the perfect spring scent for me. The woodsy's nice, but I don't like it as much.

Keeping my imp, anyway.

IN THE IMP: Sweet and citrusy, with some nectarine. But there's something in the background I can't place. It smells almost dirty? Kind of green too, almost minty.

WET: The citrus fades a lot, and it turns spicier and more floral. Hm. Kind of reminds me of potpourri.

DRY: Sweet, still a bit fruity, slightly floral. Still reminds me of sweet potpourri. Hm. I'll have to try this again later.

In the imp: Citrus, fresh, a bit green.

Wet on skin: I can smell the citrus and the bergamot. It's kinda soapy though ;~;

Dry on skin: I can smell the florals more now, but it's getting too soapish for my tastes.

Final thoughts: I'm a bit disapointed since it turned to soap quite rapidly on my skin. I'll use it as a room scent though.

I would never of tried this except it was a frimp and I love Alice in Wonderland (I'm making it my goal to try all of them). Except this would of been one of the lasts. Anyways I get no woods. YAY! But actually none. At all. It very light and airy. It makes me happy. Like someone says I think of a summer morning. One of those scents. I'm surprised it's not very popular.

Potential bottle!

This is so beautiful...on me, it smells like a beautiful spring garden with a hint of citrus. I just want to bury my nose in it, it smells so delicious.

I was a little scared when I saw the patchouli and musk in the description, because those are notes that don't like me and I don't like them. But I'm happy to report that I'm not smelling those notes at all!

On me, Croquet is sweet citrus, mostly lime, mixed with a soft flowery note. The nectarine sweetens and tones down the rose so it doesn't get too overpowering. It's a lovely springy scent!

Croquet starts out juicy, sparkly and fruity. As it dries down it gets a little rounder and deeper as the musk and patchouli comes forward. It settles in to a fruity-green musk. Summery and bright without being too sweet or too citrussy-tangy.

Edited by Maia

The only note I'm really worried about in here is the patchouli...thankfully, I can't really notice it in the imp. It's a bright fruity citrus! Yum! If it smells as good in the imp as it does on my skin, then I'm sold.

Eh. On my skin it's a bit sour...I forgot that this had rose in it, which tends to go a bit stinky sour on my skin...

Yeah, this goes totally weird on me during drydown. I don't think it's the patchouli-I'm going to blame either the musk or the rose. It kind of goes away on full drydown, but then I'm just left with a light powdery barely-there citrus that isn't worth the funky stage.

I think this would be a fun pinky-earthy-citrus blend on someone else, but it isn't a good match for my skin chemistry.

This is a fun blend. It's happy and citrussy... like the end of spring, right before summer vacation starts. I mostly get citrus from it, but here is a lovely light floral background that makes it easy to just dab on all day. Very pretty.

I love that there are so many playful, bright notes in this: grapefruit, lime, bergamot are noticeable to me. These are offset by the weight of the patchouli, which together with the bright notes seems to evoke the fun playfulness of a croquet game with a touch of dirt from the ground.

this morphs so much!

in bottle: fruit with herbs; wet on skin: a little like a cleaning product, pretty please morph - I can tell it wants to be pretty.. Lets wait a while..

well I think this contains the most behaved patchouli ever, and it did get prettier, especially once the citrus finally mellowed a bit, to a citrus, nectarine, rose and sage scent, but i don't think this is for me as it seems like a few individual notes...

after a while more... wow, i like this now that the notes have finally blended really well.. must rescue it from my swap/sale pile!!

In the imp: Fun! It's strange and playful, just like an MTP scent should be. But I don't like fruit, and that nectarine is worrying me.

Wet: Very sweet, I'm getting nectarine-rose-patch. Barely any lime at all. It's almost candy-like. Through the entire drydown, it almost completely disappears.

Dry: It's back again, faintly. Good heavens, I really actively dislike this. It's got a sickly-sweet haze to it, and all of the fun strangeness of the imp is gone.

Later: Hmph, I bet that's the patchouli.

The fruits in Croquet smell so tropical, I almost mistook my imp for a pina colada. The nectarines and pear and other assorted fruits smell so sunny and fresh I feel like I applied a fruit smoothie to my skin. I love the effects enough to get a bottle! Throw is moderate. After a few hours, the woodsiness of the patchouli comes out, but it's not a dark dank patchouli. it's light and it grounds the notes, keeping this from becoming an all fruit-all the time scent. Delisssssh. :P

It's fading really fast, but to me, this is what all hair products should smell like. If all hair products smelled like, I would be very happy indeed.

In the imp: Sweet fruit - like apricot (or in this case, nectarine) syrup.

On wet: Citrus. Lovely, fresh, lightly sugared citrus.

Drydown: Kinda perfumey. The citrus and nectarine sweetness have sort of merged into the other notes, none of which are very distinct to my nose. And I'm picking up on something "off" - like powdery carpet cleaner underneath everything else. Not sure, but I'm betting it's the sage (it doesn't like me usually). If I really inhale and mash my nose to my wrist, I get really delicious whiffs of musk and patchouli - too bad neither are very prominent.

Overall: Not quite what I was looking for - more delectable nectarine, that is. Croquet starts off promising, but the perfumey drydown - complete with sage hate (or whatever that dusty cleaner vibe was) isn't really my thing. I'll stick with my Ebisu, thanks. :P 2.5.5

In The Bottle

Lime and fruits

On Application

Yum :P , the grapefruit really features on initial application (another of my favourite oils) but it is a sweet grapefruit.

Dry Down

I swear I can smell the nectarine, all juicy and ripe. Thnankfully the rose is behaving itself. There emerges a sweetish muskiness (must be the hedgehog musk!). This is a really languid and deep scent without being cloying. Absolute heaven and I wouldn't class the overall effect foody at all. This actually smells more tea-like than some of the tea blends. Doesn't last long but reapplication is no chore.

Rating (0-5)

I'm so sad that this didn't work on me

This scents shifts a lot on me. It starts off as a very strong Hawaiian Punch like flavor, very fruity, very juicy and the smallest hint of flowers lurking underneath.

As it dries it suddenly becomes overpowering Rose! So much rose and flowers that it starts to give me a headache. I tend to over amp rose anyway but this was just horribly overwhelming to me.

About an hour later it transformed again into the wonderful scent of nectarines and peaches. Juicy and sweet like the fresh fruit, this was what I had been hoping for when I originally read the description.

Unfortunately I don’t think I can stand to go through the rose phase again in order to get to the “good stuff” at the end. So while in the end it turned out wonderful on me, I just don’t see myself buying a big bottle.

In bottle: Smells like something good to drink. Grapefruit, lime, nectarine on top, with the other elements underneath. It is sweet and light and fruity. Wet: predictably, my skin amps citrus, but this is a pleasing blend of citrus elements with the musk, bergamot, and rose lightening and sweetening the blend, creating a very smoothly blended whole. I am not a rose fan, but the rose here does a good job of working and playing well with others. Dry: Softens to something light and feminine and warm. The patchouli starts to come out on the skin, but plays well with the sage so that it’s not too pushy. This scent isn’t me at all, but would be charming on the right woman. Goes a touch shampoo towards the end. The sweet musk lasts longest.

Man. This scent was a heartbreaker on me. I love lime! I love musk! I love patchouli! It didn't smell all that bad in the imp either.

In the imp: Lovely, lovely lime with a hint of nectarine and something herby behind it which turns lovely citrus into something between floor cleaner, and the smell of the the stuff kids use to blow bubbles out of. I'm suspecting the sage. But still! Lime! It doesn't smell all that bad. Though, I can only detect the faintest bit of musk and the patchouli is completely hidden.

Wet: My skin eats this. The lime vanishes, but some citrus remains. I think it's the kumquat. The rose amps some -- which I don't mind, per se, but it blends with the sage and makes the floor-cleaner-bubble-stuff smell. Bleh.

Dry: I can just barely pick out the patchouli. Patchouli haters, do not fear this scent! The patchouli is just a background bit of woodiness. What I'm really getting from this is an herby note -- which must be the sage. I'm discovering I'm not all the fond of herby scents. After a few minutes on me, the musk and patchouli come out a bit more, but... This is not the complex fruit/citrus scent I was hoping for. It's complex, certainly, but the fruit/citrus is not the dominant note. The dominant notes go from rose/sage with patchouli/musk in the background to musk/faint patchouli/sage with rose in the backround.

I don't think it's a bad scent -- I think with the morphing it went through that my personal skin chemistry has a lot to do with this. This is my second encounter with scents with a strong herb note (The first was Yggdrassil), and I'm beginning to think that herbs... or maybe just sage in particular... are Not My Thing.

2 out of 5

Into the swap pile.

in the imp: citrus! :D

wet on skin: yup. citrus. the pink grapefruit is what i'm getting the most at this stage. :D

dry down: aw nuts! the citrus has become shampoo-like! :D

in all: yep- all body wash, all the time. :P

croquet.jpg

Imp: Light citrus floral, with a sweeter fruit as well, presumably the nectarine.

Wet: Same as above, but a dustiness comes out—the sage? The citrus and nectarine with dusty sage and some sweet floral (so far rose is behaving and not going to soap—yay!)

Dry: Dusty sage and floral with sweetness from the fruits that blend all together so I can’t pick one from another.

Overall: Fruity, light and fun. A rose blend that behaves itself on my skin. Still, not my usual genre, so I'm passing this along.

Edited by jewelbug

Another quirky blend. I was worried about the patchouli, but thankfully there are notes that seem to take the spotlight. Phew!

Croquet starts off fruity and citrus-y, and behind the both of them is this glimpse of rosy musk. The hedgehog musk combined with sage & rose mixes to make a very feminine/perfumey blend that is cheerful, bright and very beautiful.

Long lasting and decidely pretty. It is one of my favorites from MTP!

Just what I'd hoped -- light and sparkly, with a deeper grounding. The grapefruit is the only note I can identify for sure, but I'm having seriously weird chemistry issues this week, so I'll come back to it later and see what I can pull out. For now, it's just a light, fun, not-very-sweet sparkle.

This is pink and springy smelling. Very fresh and invigorating without an overly Hi! I'm Citrus! type. I had a hard time picking out individual notes with this one it was just such a darn good blend! Keeper.